Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #286
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

I just went back and edited my itinerary in this post, since there are a few tweaks and I didn't want to repost the whole thing Changes look like this

And since other people are posting their countdown calendars, this is mine It's just a dry erase board, but it works for me, since I'm a solo traveler. I have a countdown on my iPod, too.

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #287
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

70 days and counting....

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #288
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

70 days!!! I'm so jealous!! That is very exciting!

And that is so exciting that you added a day!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #289
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post

70 days and counting....
In 70 days, I'll be wandering around Downtown Disney with some marshmallows from Goofy's Candy Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
70 days!!! I'm so jealous!! That is very exciting!

And that is so exciting that you added a day!
Hey, you'll be there for Christmas, so I'm jealous of you!

It was so funny, because when I called to add the day, the lady was like "You're arriving on the 23rd, but it says here that you were arriving on the 24th, is that right?" I'm all "Yeah, I've changed my itinerary already... " I've gotten some very perky people on the phone

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
Old 08-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #290
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

LOL I like your countdown calendar! I'm thinking about doing a chain, but I feel like I'll just be annoyed by it a little so I might try something a little more simple than that...not sure yet, but I have to do something! 89 days left for me!

Love the new ticker, btw!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #291
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
LOL I like your countdown calendar! I'm thinking about doing a chain, but I feel like I'll just be annoyed by it a little so I might try something a little more simple than that...not sure yet, but I have to do something! 89 days left for me!

Love the new ticker, btw!
That's why I like my white board The only problem is that the ink in the marker doesn't come off cleanly right away, so if I have to take off something that's been on there a while, I have to wipe it off with the isopropyl alcohol I use to clean my laptop screen! I think it's the brand of markers, since I've had that problem before.

Yay for 89 days left!

I like my new ticker, too It looks the same except for the count.

Me DBF
Old 08-14-2010, 04:44 AM   #292
DisneyFirefly

I got to talking about Disney snacks with a friend of mine today. So... These are some of the snacks I'm planning on getting on my trip The images are snagged from the Dis and Google, so a couple of them may look familiar Hope no one minds

WDW popcorn! I love popcorn, but there's something so nice about cart popcorn. I can't explain it, even though I have a hot air popper at home.

Gingerbread Mickey from Germany in Epcot! I saw this on a TR I'm reading (I'm not sure if she's reading me or not), and I just thought he was so adorable. I'm usually not a fan of gingerbread, but I think this would be good

Raspberry lemonade slushy from Enchanted Grove at MK! I love raspberries, lemonade, and slushies. So... Yeah.

Caramel sundae from Ghirardelli Enough said

Can't go wrong with a Mickey bar

The little cake, not the big one. This is dependent on me getting over to the Boardwalk, but I want one!

And just about anything from the fudge case at the Confectionery. I make fudge at home, so I like trying other kinds to get ideas of flavors to make.

There are other snacks, but these were the ones I could find quickly.

Me DBF
Old 08-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #293
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

OMG I LOVE the popcorn at WDW!!!! I don't know why but it's just so much better than any popcorn anywhere else!!!

That gingerbread Mickey is so cute, I didn't even know those existed!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #294
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I just went back and edited my itinerary in this post, since there are a few tweaks and I didn't want to repost the whole thing Changes look like this

And since other people are posting their countdown calendars, this is mine It's just a dry erase board, but it works for me, since I'm a solo traveler. I have a countdown on my iPod, too.

Ok Just read your new itinerary GOOD 4 U ! don't worry about 4 pm entry for MK for MNSSHP....it's a rumor every year (forever) that they will change it & they never do..they would have a logistic nightmare & a mutiny on their hands......no worries

A Story of Hope & The Power of Dis<--- THE cake see post # 2000

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #295
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
OMG I LOVE the popcorn at WDW!!!! I don't know why but it's just so much better than any popcorn anywhere else!!!

That gingerbread Mickey is so cute, I didn't even know those existed!
I know! I don't know what it is about it... Maybe it's the pixie dust

They're at the shop in Germany that sells the gummy stuff, apparently. I can't wait to try one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Ok Just read your new itinerary GOOD 4 U ! don't worry about 4 pm entry for MK for MNSSHP....it's a rumor every year (forever) that they will change it & they never do..they would have a logistic nightmare & a mutiny on their hands......no worries
Oh, I know. I don't see why they would change it, to be honest. It's just irritating because so many non-Disney outlets are putting out information on it and so many Disers are taking it as gospel truth and I'm sitting here thinking, "That person/panel/newsletter is NOT Disney and doesn't really know for sure, just wait until the first party and find out then." But no one listens to me

Me DBF
Old 08-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #296
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Yum! I can't wati to try some new snacks on my next trip. Do they have halloween/fall themed snacks?
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #297
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Oh, I know. I don't see why they would change it, to be honest. It's just irritating because so many non-Disney outlets are putting out information on it and so many Disers are taking it as gospel truth and I'm sitting here thinking, "That person/panel/newsletter is NOT Disney and doesn't really know for sure, just wait until the first party and find out then." But no one listens to me
there are several threads here about it...I just shake my head and move on

A Story of Hope & The Power of Dis<--- THE cake see post # 2000

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #298
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Yum! I can't wati to try some new snacks on my next trip. Do they have halloween/fall themed snacks?
I know they have Halloween themed candy apples, but I'm not sure about anything else. We'll see when we get there, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
there are several threads here about it...I just shake my head and move on
It makes me laugh, because I'm like "Dude, it's a rumor, I don't care who's giving the information. Unless it's straight from a Disney Company announcement or guest experience this year, it's a rumor." I can't wait to go, though.

Me DBF
Old 08-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #299
DisneyFirefly

So I'm feeling a little silly right now and more than a little happy that my trip is over half paid for, so here's a couple other random pictures

This is Samson, the facility dog at my work.

This is Friday's strip for one of my favorite webcomics, XKCD. This would crack me up if I ever saw this at an airport

And this is my other countdown, which is on my iPod. It's an app called Big Day Lite or something like that.

Me DBF
Old 08-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #300
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

How do you like the lap top bag? Have you tried it out yet? Do you think it's durable? I want to put a cute, new one on my Christmas list!! If you like it, would you PM me the site where you got it so I can save it??

The extra night looks great! We ended up staying through Friday night when we were originally going to come home on Friday! I didn't like the way the flights worked for Friday, so we said what the heck and just added that night on to our reservation instead!

Mmmm...snacks..mmm....!! There is just something about WDW popcorn!! I use the buckets as a change jar for our next trips!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
HeatherBelle614 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: