Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #211
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
ooooh PM me please! i want to plan a bunch of surprises too!
Sent

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #212
DisneyFirefly

So I've figured out how I'm getting to the airport for my flight down to Orlando. When my mom works, she has to be there at 6am most days, so she's going to drive me down to the airport so that I'm there at 5:30 and then head to work. I would just take the CTA, but it's not exactly a safe ride at that time of the morning, as I'd have to leave my house around 4 or 4:30am.

I've picked a laptop bag, but have to buy it. I'm also going to run to a couple of stores here in Chicago and see what they have available, as the one I picked out online is a little more than I wanted to spend, plus shipping. I've also figured out my other two costumes. I have my pirate one and just need to buy a pair of bike shorts to wear underneath, and for a second one, I'll just wear a black skirt and shirt that I already own and make a devil tail and buy horns off the internet. For the third, I'm just going to buy a MNSSHP t-shirt and wear it with jeans

I'm not going to be able to buy my airfare this week, though, as I'm having some pretty severe dental pain and need to go to the dentist ASAP. I get paid on Friday, so I'm hoping I can get an appointment for that afternoon before I have to go to work. I've had an abscess on the lower right side of my mouth for over a year and a half, but I didn't have dental insurance until recently and then didn't have money for the copay. So hopefully I'll be able to get it taken care of soon. I'm also still hoping for a Ding fare, though, so that will hopefully be better for my wallet

Does anyone have any suggestions of things to put in an informational email regarding a family reunion or other large group going to WDW? I'm trying to put one together so I can just send it out to everyone interested in our reunion, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #213
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

I hope your mouth feels better soon! I know how bad that can make you feel.

I would recommend including links in your email so that your family can look at their different options for dining, etc. That way they can do their research so that when concrete plans are made everyone is on the same page!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #214
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
I hope your mouth feels better soon! I know how bad that can make you feel.

I would recommend including links in your email so that your family can look at their different options for dining, etc. That way they can do their research so that when concrete plans are made everyone is on the same page!
I hope so, too. I'm going to call the dentist tomorrow and see if they have any openings on Friday. I also found out that my new doctor office (yay HMOs) is an hour and a half away on the bus If I had a car, it would be fifteen minutes. Maybe my mom will let me borrow her car for doctor appointments At least my optometrist is close.

I put up a post on the tips board and someone suggested doing separate emails for everything, which will definitely help keep the emails readable and not mind-numbingly long But I do plan on having everyone ELSE do their dining reservations. I'll do my own and the two group ones, plus my surprises. Nothing else. With a six year old, a diabetic, a vegan, and a whole mess of carnivores, I don't want to be the one handling the dining reservations all week

Me DBF
Old 07-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #215
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ugh good luck with the dentist! I can't stand having pain in my mouth, it totally ruins everything! When my wisdom tooth got infected last year, it was like, the worst pain in my life, I just sat on the floor at work, crying, unable to do anything. Hope you feel better! And hope you get your Ding! fare!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #216
DisneyFirefly

Oh god, tell me about it. I've had this abscess since I was working at Disney, that's how long I've had it. When it was first really bad, my manager actually sent me home because I couldn't look happy on stage and was just downright miserable. It hurt to breathe, you know? I actually slept through my alarm this morning, so I didn't get a chance to call the dentist yet, so I'm going to call them tomorrow.

My airfare actually went up $17 yesterday, so I'm really hoping for a Ding fare. They're still sending out fares for September, so I'm hoping that they'll start on October soon.

Me DBF
Old 07-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #217
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you have had that for so long and it didn't get any worse!!! I mean, when my wisdom tooth was infected, it started out as an annoying pain at first, but then in a few days, it was agonizing! I called my dentist and they put me on antibiotics and then took it out a few days later! If your abscess is anything like that, I don't know how you're dealing with it!

So Ding fares go by month? Are they like, seats they can't sell or something, so they put them on sale? I never check my Ding thing anymore, there was never anything near me!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #218
DisneyFirefly

Oh, it's gotten worse. The infection has spread to about half of my gumline, but I didn't have dental insurance until recently. When I was in Disney, I didn't have insurance or the money to pay for it out of pocket and it got so bad that I called my mom in tears and she sent me to a walk-in clinic and they took her credit card over the phone. They gave me an antibiotic and Darvocet for the pain. It doesn't really hurt right now, it's just pressure in the side of my mouth from the swelling.

I think they do, but I'm not 100% sure. It seems like it, anyway. Every fare I've gotten lately has said "travel from September 1 through September 30, 2010", so I'm assuming that they just go by month. I also think that they do it to try and fill up the plane, since not everyone can afford higher fares. I do love Southwest, though, even with their weird policies

Me DBF
Old 07-28-2010, 05:05 AM   #219
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Oh Firefly! Did you make it to the dentist?

I hope you are feeling better!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:08 AM   #220
DisneyFirefly

Thanks for asking, but I'm actually still at work I get off in two hours, so I'm going to call the dentist after I get some sleep and see if they have any appointments for Friday or this weekend. It doesn't really hurt right now, there's just still pressure from the swelling, but I know that it's going to start hurting again at some point. I'm so glad I'm insured again. It sucked so much being uninsured for so long.

Me DBF
Old 07-28-2010, 05:13 AM   #221
PrincessInOz
in

Yeah...that's the thing I just don't understand about living in the US. For such a developed country, your public health services are...well...lets just leave it like that.

Hope you feel better soon...off to find my PTR!

ps. Cool smileys!!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 07-28-2010, 05:15 AM   #222
DisneyFirefly

I honestly don't understand it, either. Even now, my insurance is almost $200 a month just for me, not including my dental and vision. The only positive thing I've found was a family planning program for Illinois women that offers free services if you're low income. I got Implanon through it, completely free, and don't have to worry about birth control until 2013. I also get free paps through it because I enrolled in the program before I started this job (although I think I'd still qualify, but not sure).

I like that smiley When I saw it, I was like "Oh, I can use that in my TR when I'm talking about dinner with Ruthie and Sharon!"

Me DBF
Old 07-28-2010, 06:57 AM   #223
PrincessInOz
in

Keep well Dana and I hope that the dentist can help you out...

Old 07-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #224
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

I hope you make it to the dentist today!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #225
DisneyFirefly

Soooooooooo...

I haven't yet made it to the dentist. I have an appointment on Monday at 1:30, but I'm almost positive that they'll just do a brief exam and prescribe me antibiotics for the infection that I know I have. My mom actually gave me a bottle of amoxicillin that her dentist prescribed her and I've been taking it. Her dentist was mine for fourteen years, but I can't see her anymore because my insurance won't cover her But yeah, at least I have the appointment. I also have to make an optometrist appointment. On my way into work today, I walked past the one office I'd decided to try (I don't have a "set" one with my HMO, I can go to any office that accepts my insurance) and they looked a little too hoity toity for me, so I'm going to look for another one. Then again, I'm used to having my eye doctor be at Sears

I also did a little bit of trip shopping today!

I ordered this laptop bag from eBags. I like the style, it's big enough for my widescreen laptop, and it also has extra space in it for other things. I particularly like that the shoulder straps are longer than some of the other bags I've seen.

link

I also ordered this from eBags so that I could not only have a park bag, but free shipping I like purple and plaids and stuff, so this looked like a fun bag I also like that the inside has two water bottle holders.

link

On my way to work, I stopped at Dollar Tree and picked up some trip things. I got a loofah with a suction cup on it, a bottle of 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, a small-ish bottle of vanilla bean body wash, a stick of deodorant, a bottle of hand soap, and a laundry bag. I also bought a box of tissues, but those were for work because we never have any at the desk

And I made a payment on my trip It was only $150, so I'm down to about $650, but I didn't want to spend more and possibly not have enough to cover the dentist visit on Monday. My next payments on the trip will be whatever's left of my paycheck on August 13 after paying another obligation and buying a ticket for the 26th party, most of my paycheck on August 27, and then if there's any surplus left over (which is likely), I'm going to put a check in the mail on September 5, since my next check after that is September 10, so by the time it gets to Disney, the money will be in my account

I made one minor change to one of my dining reservations. I'm going to Raglan Road on the 24th and originally, my reservation was at 12:30pm and I decided to just check and see if there was anything earlier, and there was! So now I'm going to Raglan Road at 11:45 It's only 45 minutes earlier, but I think it'll be better because then that way, I can spend a little more time wandering around Downtown Disney before heading to MK for the party. I'm probably going to take the boat over to POR and then catch a bus to MK.

So, yeah. Moving along

In twelve weeks and twelve hours, I'll be on a plane to Disney!

Me DBF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: