Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #196
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

That's so awesome that you get so much time off!! And your possible family reunion sounds like a blast! I would love to do a family reunion at WDW someday!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #197
stephielela
DIS Veteran

i LOVE your plans. I also think it's great that your trip keeps getting longer and longer

i know how you feel about losing weight. right after i had my son, i wasn't working and losing weight seemed easy! as soon as i started working, it was harder to eat healthy and exercise etc. my goal is to lose 20 pounds before my fall trip. 9 weeks or so to go! i'd really like to lose 25, but we will see. then i want to lose another 15 before my december trip. i was on vacation this past week and people would take pics of me and my son and i just hated the way i looked! our whole family is dieting though, so that helps. i can't wait to read more of your plans! i will be updating mine tomorrow, but i am lucky enough that i am leaving work early tonight, so it will have to wait!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #198
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
That's so awesome that you get so much time off!! And your possible family reunion sounds like a blast! I would love to do a family reunion at WDW someday!
It just happened because of how my days off fell, which is totally awesome I haven't had a proper vacation in YEARS, and I really need one I'm so counting the days. I really hope the family reunion works out. I want a picture of everyone in front of the castle, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
i LOVE your plans. I also think it's great that your trip keeps getting longer and longer

i know how you feel about losing weight. right after i had my son, i wasn't working and losing weight seemed easy! as soon as i started working, it was harder to eat healthy and exercise etc. my goal is to lose 20 pounds before my fall trip. 9 weeks or so to go! i'd really like to lose 25, but we will see. then i want to lose another 15 before my december trip. i was on vacation this past week and people would take pics of me and my son and i just hated the way i looked! our whole family is dieting though, so that helps. i can't wait to read more of your plans! i will be updating mine tomorrow, but i am lucky enough that i am leaving work early tonight, so it will have to wait!
Me too It's staying the way it is for now, though. Seven days at Disney and five at home. It's totally worth it, and I can't wait for it to get here.

The weight loss is something I've struggled with my whole life, so it's nothing new. If nothing happens to work by the end of the year, I may start looking into other options. I'll figure it out when I get there Good luck with your weight loss! I'll make sure to check out your PTR when you post

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #199
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Yes! A picture of your whole family in front of the castle would be amazing!!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #200
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Yes! A picture of your whole family in front of the castle would be amazing!!
Totally agreed I'm also going to plan at least two family dinners that I'd like everyone to be at, and a special surprise at Epcot I think it'll be a lot of fun

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 07-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #201
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

I'm getting lost in the thread did you mention you are thinking of moving back to FL or did I dream that up somewhere?

A Story of Hope & The Power of Dis<---small update MON 09/08
Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:14 PM   #202
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
I'm getting lost in the thread did you mention you are thinking of moving back to FL or did I dream that up somewhere?
No, I am it won't be for at least 3 years, though. I want to finish school first. But moving back to Orlando is definitely the plan.

Me DF
Old 07-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #203
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Wow I'd LOVE to have 12 days off of work, congrats! I'm happy that I'll be having 6 days off in November, I really need a break!!! I've been so stressed lately, this vacation cannot come fast enough!

You're family reunion sounds like fun! Hope you get to do that, I think going to both parties would be sooo much fun!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #204
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

How awesome that you get that much PTO!!

The reunion sounds so much fun; what a great plan to go for both parties, too! I might have to borrow that idea in a few years!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
HeatherBelle614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:58 PM   #205
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow I'd LOVE to have 12 days off of work, congrats! I'm happy that I'll be having 6 days off in November, I really need a break!!! I've been so stressed lately, this vacation cannot come fast enough!

You're family reunion sounds like fun! Hope you get to do that, I think going to both parties would be sooo much fun!
Not all of it's paid, obviously, but it still totals twelve days I need a break There's a fair bit of drama at work and I just want to get away from it for a while.

I think it'll be fun as long as everyone goes into it wanting to have a good time. I'm excited about it, since I want to take my niece to get done up as a princess She'll be 6 by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
How awesome that you get that much PTO!!

The reunion sounds so much fun; what a great plan to go for both parties, too! I might have to borrow that idea in a few years!
Well, the 12 days includes my regular time off, which (obviously) isn't paid. It just worked out to be 12 days because of how my days off fell. With our schedule, we don't work more than three days in a row on our regular schedule, but we can work extra if the need arises (call ins or whatever). Basically, for that time period, I have regular days off Wednesday and Thursday, paid time off Friday, Saturday, Sunday, regular off Monday and Tuesday, paid time off Wednesday and Thursday, regular off Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Then I go back to work Monday. But yeah, I really need a break

My sister didn't understand why I wanted to go at that time until I told her about the parties and the F&W. She would LOVE the F&W festival, since she's actually really adventurous when it comes to food. Plus, with her and Jade (my niece) and Jerry (Becky's boyfriend and Jade's dad) living in Idaho, we never get to see them at the holidays, so we can have a mini-Christmas if we're there for the party, you know?

But yeah, borrow away

Me DF
Old 07-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #206
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I'm also planning a big family trip for the future, April 2013 to be exact. (my son's 5th birthday). I think I read somewhere that the fantasyland rehab should be done by then! Even more reason to celebrate!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #207
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I'm also planning a big family trip for the future, April 2013 to be exact. (my son's 5th birthday). I think I read somewhere that the fantasyland rehab should be done by then! Even more reason to celebrate!
Yay, that'll be awesome! I've already started looking into planning things, so if you need any help or want any suggestions (like my Epcot surprise, which I can PM you about if you want), let me know, especially since ours will be before yours The other two reasons I picked the time frame I did (aside from the parties and the F&W) is because my brother's birthday is October 29, and Jade's (my niece) is September 30

Me DF
Old 07-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #208
Simba22
DIS Veteran

I can't see your pictures since my work computer has a stupid firewall but I'm just popping over to say hello and subscribe and I will catch up tonight!

ETA: If you're still planning to go to MNSSHP on 10/26, HeatherBelle and I (and our significant others) are having a DIS meet if you'd like to join us! The more the merrier, I say!

Last edited by Simba22; 07-26-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #209
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I can't see your pictures since my work computer has a stupid firewall but I'm just popping over to say hello and subscribe and I will catch up tonight!

I hate computers that have firewalls like that I use my personal computer at work with a mobile broadband card, so I can do pretty much whatever I want online. I work overnight, though, which is why I bring my laptop Anyway, welcome! Hope you have fun reading!

And yes, I am planning on still hitting up the MNSSHP on 10/26! I'm going to all three the week that I'm there because I'm completely insane But yeah, I'm going to be there with PrincessInOz and LuvChefMic We're having dinner at Liberty Tree around 5 and then I'm not sure what the plan is after that (I don't like to plan minute by minute), but I'm sure we can all meet up at some point

Me DF
Old 07-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #210
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Yay, that'll be awesome! I've already started looking into planning things, so if you need any help or want any suggestions (like my Epcot surprise, which I can PM you about if you want), let me know, especially since ours will be before yours The other two reasons I picked the time frame I did (aside from the parties and the F&W) is because my brother's birthday is October 29, and Jade's (my niece) is September 30
ooooh PM me please! i want to plan a bunch of surprises too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: