Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #31
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I can't wait to read about the Disney portion of your trip!

And the beach pictures are great. LOVE the one of Tessa writing her name in the sand.

Just be careful what you say about Jack in the Box. Our family has been known to schedule our driving route to manage the most JIB stops possible per trip!
As I recall, we had JIB tacos for breakfast on our way out of Las Vegas this summer.....

I tried the teriyaki bowl at one of our stops this summer too. (I guess even I have a limit on the number of JIB tacos I can eat in one trip.....) and was underwhelmed.

Their tiny little churros are awesome though!
I liked my eggroll and my shake was delicious! How's that for being nice to JIB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
I've been on both the Cedar Point and WDW skyride...I don't remember EITHER of them being at the same hight that planes fly. That SDzoo one is freaky high.
You're right! This was the highest skyride I've ever been on! Since I was terrified at Cedar Point and WDW, you can imagine how I was feeling on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
I have never eaten at a JIB and now you both have scared me away. Sadly, I saw the story on the news years ago where the boy died of ecoli there. I think the only time I have ever seen one was in Cali and maybe once in NC. So, it isn't like I have had a lot of chances. Sorry you were sick though.

Of course we are reading along! Enjoying living through you!

I was going to post the HoJo picture no matter what. I didn't feel like digging for a better view one, that was our worst view actually but you could still see the Matterhorn well and the monorail when it came around and fireworks and hear the music. I hope to get the 7th floor this time. I have never asked before and probably need to call and add it on.

I enjoyed the group picture too and that you'll matched. So nice of you to let your niece keep the dress. I bet she just loves it and thinks of your kindness all the time. Is that only the 2nd time the kids have met? You might have mentioned it already, I can't remember.

Sawyer is just a cutie. I can't believe how grown up he is looking! Your shoe issues are my worst nightmare when we go on vacation. I try to make sure everyone has two pairs (even just crocs) in case something happens and Lin ALWAYS makes fun of me for it! I wish he would read this!
I knew you'd appreciate the matching!

HeatherSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #32
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Just read your TR. Sea World sounds cool - we should have gone there when we drove to Disney in April but we didn't. I hear the San Diego Zoo was supposed to be the zoo to go to. I'm in CT so the closest zoo to us Bronx Zoo or one in RI but we have a very small one a couple of towns over.

I will also say that Henry's brother looks very much like him.

I love the kids' outfits for Sea World. I hope some day I will be able to applique. I'm just learning to sew (that's where I followed you over from)

I have can't to see what you've sewn for Disneyland.

DisneyLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #33
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

They do have good egg rolls.

I used to ride the bucket rides with my dad as a kid. I did it because my mom and sister didn't, he loved them so it was my chance to have alone time with my dad. I hated every single minute of it. Would I do it all again now as an adult? You better believe it.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #34
The Moonk's Mom
DIS Veteran

Old 08-02-2010, 02:42 AM   #35
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

So I'm browsing through the DL section of the DIS and randomly click on the first TR on the list and what do you know??? I know that girl! It's my fellow mom of a Tessa. I didn't know your DH (and his brother) were LEOs. So that is one (or should each brother be separate?) more coinky dinky point for you guys.

I'm researching DL (even though I grew up in So CA) because we will be going in Sept with our Give a Day vouchers. We also have a passport that Phoebe was given when we left GKTW, to get into SD Zoo, Legoland, Six Flags, etc. So we are having a west coast version of the jam packed park week we just did in April. Insane, I know.

So perfect timing to find your TR on SD and DL. I have to say KUDOS to you for making it all the way to the bathroom with Sawyer!!! We had several of those moments on our trip. We were not as lucky. Tessa loved Atlantis and getting soaked on a cold day also. Go figure. I laughed at the mention of the innapropriate photos with the statues. Oh! And the panda bear poop. We have a shot of some turtle love on our trip.

Did you guys even cover the whole zoo? I was thinking of doing a few afternoon hours at the zoo on the day we drive out, and then get a hotel, and do the Wild Animal Park the next day. I remember that one being big when I was a kid. But maybe the zoo takes a day also? Hmmmmm.

Well, I'm loving your TR and can't wait to see what excitement you guys bring to DL!
yinyanggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #36
babynala
DIS Veteran

Hi, just found your trip report in your signature for the Disboutique page. It sounds like you guys had a great trip. How nice that you could share the experience with Henry's brother and his family. I would be crying if I was wet and cold - going to get warm clothes was smart thinking. I'm sure it made for a better day since an unhappy mommy leads to unhappy kids.

Too bad you had to cover up those cute Sea World outfits. Of course, I love the Baby Simba dresses and shirts. You are quite sneaking with the coordinating shirts - it made for even better beach pictures.

Are you taking most of these pictures with your SLR? I remember you posting about your new lens.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:25 AM   #37
williamscottben
Earning My Ears

hi

Hi,
Nice post. Keep it up....
williamscottben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:12 AM   #38
HeatherSue

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in such a long time! Sawyer had his tonsils and adenoids out last week. So, I've been pretty busy with him. Then, I got behind on my digitizing (I digitize embroidery designs for those that don't know). So, I just haven't had time to update. But, I WILL finish this trip report! I'm hoping to write the next segment up on Friday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLaura View Post
Just read your TR. Sea World sounds cool - we should have gone there when we drove to Disney in April but we didn't. I hear the San Diego Zoo was supposed to be the zoo to go to. I'm in CT so the closest zoo to us Bronx Zoo or one in RI but we have a very small one a couple of towns over.

I will also say that Henry's brother looks very much like him.

I love the kids' outfits for Sea World. I hope some day I will be able to applique. I'm just learning to sew (that's where I followed you over from)

I have can't to see what you've sewn for Disneyland.
My mom just told me that our local zoo is one of the top zoos in the country. It's not very big, but the animals are in more natural habitats. So, come to Michigan and go to Binder Park Zoo! You can feed giraffes!

Henry and his brother do look a lot alike! They always have! Henry's cuter, of course.

I did the appliques for the kids' outfits on my embroidery machine. But, I used to hand applique all the time! I just hated doing faces!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
They do have good egg rolls.

I used to ride the bucket rides with my dad as a kid. I did it because my mom and sister didn't, he loved them so it was my chance to have alone time with my dad. I hated every single minute of it. Would I do it all again now as an adult? You better believe it.
Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest story ever. That just about makes me cry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moonk's Mom View Post
I know, I know!! I'll get to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
So I'm browsing through the DL section of the DIS and randomly click on the first TR on the list and what do you know??? I know that girl! It's my fellow mom of a Tessa. I didn't know your DH (and his brother) were LEOs. So that is one (or should each brother be separate?) more coinky dinky point for you guys.

I'm researching DL (even though I grew up in So CA) because we will be going in Sept with our Give a Day vouchers. We also have a passport that Phoebe was given when we left GKTW, to get into SD Zoo, Legoland, Six Flags, etc. So we are having a west coast version of the jam packed park week we just did in April. Insane, I know.

So perfect timing to find your TR on SD and DL. I have to say KUDOS to you for making it all the way to the bathroom with Sawyer!!! We had several of those moments on our trip. We were not as lucky. Tessa loved Atlantis and getting soaked on a cold day also. Go figure. I laughed at the mention of the innapropriate photos with the statues. Oh! And the panda bear poop. We have a shot of some turtle love on our trip.

Did you guys even cover the whole zoo? I was thinking of doing a few afternoon hours at the zoo on the day we drive out, and then get a hotel, and do the Wild Animal Park the next day. I remember that one being big when I was a kid. But maybe the zoo takes a day also? Hmmmmm.

Well, I'm loving your TR and can't wait to see what excitement you guys bring to DL!
How funny that you happened upon my trip report! It was so nice to hear from you and get an update on your family!

They're both in law enforcement! Their grandpa, great grandpa, and great great grandpa were all police officers. So, it's in their blood! We have some really cool pictures of each generation in their uniforms hanging in our bedroom.

Sawyer is just getting older and able to hold it in a little longer. We left many a mess on many a restaurant floor before I started carrying air sickness bags with me everywhere. He still misses the bag on occasion (right Teresa?).

Make sure you read up on the Give A Day Get a Day vouchers! They don't seem to have a clue what to do with them at Disneyland. Of course, I was using mine for the free fastpasses. But, I'll get to that in my next installment.

My husband is all about the inappropriate photos. We have quite a few!

We covered the whole zoo, if you count riding on top of the double decker bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Hi, just found your trip report in your signature for the Disboutique page. It sounds like you guys had a great trip. How nice that you could share the experience with Henry's brother and his family. I would be crying if I was wet and cold - going to get warm clothes was smart thinking. I'm sure it made for a better day since an unhappy mommy leads to unhappy kids.

Too bad you had to cover up those cute Sea World outfits. Of course, I love the Baby Simba dresses and shirts. You are quite sneaking with the coordinating shirts - it made for even better beach pictures.

Are you taking most of these pictures with your SLR? I remember you posting about your new lens.
Thank you for sympathizing with my cold wet self.

I left the SLR at home, unfortunately. I knew I didn't want to carry it around and Henry said he wouldn't carry it for me. So, these were all taken with my little Sony Cybershot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamscottben View Post
Hi,
Nice post. Keep it up....
Thanks! Bear with me, I will finish this trip report!

Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #39
snubie
DIS Veteran

April 1985 Poly,May 2004 POFQ,Sept 2007 ASMU,Jan 2008 ASMU,May 2009 CBR,Jan 2011 POP - disboutiquers meet, Jan 2013 POR
snubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:57 AM   #40
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

I can't believe I missed this installment! Geesh, I would have swore i read it!

You are so sweet letting Shylynn keep the dress! I love the picture of the three of them!

You guys didn't get lost EVER??? WOW!! That is one for the record books!

Seriously??? YAY! ??? for the SKYRIDE??? ARE YOU INSANE!!!!????!!!!

Yep, it's the posts that terrify me too. That ride is the scariest invention EVER!!! Righ up there with the ferris wheel. Give me a rollercoaster or Tower of Terror any day!

oh my gosh!! LOOK DOWN??? WHAT!?!! I'm scared enough looking at that picture of you and Shawna and I can see past you...

I'm getting panicky too!

I knew you would come to your senses about the value of a free ride of terror.

SAWYER wasn't with you!!??? Oh wow, a whole other eliment of terror...

PHEW!!! You are down!!! YAY!!!

Can't help laughing at the poor planning with the polar bear picture op!

Aww, Tessa and Shylynn look adorable with the seal!

That just cracks me up that Shawna asked you to lift her legs up!!!

Aww, how sweet of Shawna to make sure you see the pandas!

pooping panda!!! hehehehe

The double decker bus is about as far as you should get from the ground.

OH my goodness, the girls and the elephant!!!

I do not understand those cut out either!

Trace looks cute as a black and white girl. I like the green hat sticking of her/his head.

Poor elephants.

That picture of the girls in that bin cracks me up!

Yep, Skyride of Terror! That picture is very frightening!

You WERE tired!

OOH, the Jack in the Box shake looks yummy!

and the teriyaki chicken bowl.. I'm getting hungry!

aww, too bad the chicken bowl wasn't tasty!

buzzed into the bathroom? That is weird. Kind of like they use to do at Burlington Coat Factory.

OH no, I didn't realize you all got a little sick after your meal! What a place to be stuck!

Kite Brothers. Officers of the Law! A force to be reconned with!

I love the ocean pictures! And, I'm all about making sure there is a bathroom nearby!

Your kids have never been to the beach??? Yet another tidbit I didn't know. I do love the Tessa thought she saw the ocean already!

Aww, cute picture of Henry and Sawyer! I remember when we were little, or rather when I was little and you were possibly not even a spec, and we were at Grandma and Grandpa's at Lake Michigan. Mom would always tell us we could go to the lake, but we shouldn't get in the water. Yeah, that never worked out very well! We always got SOAKED!! But, it was so fun. (except for the dead alewife, eww, they were gross)

OOOH, cool hotel lobby!

PIRATE HATS!!

That is so weird that they had 2 reservations for you!

Very odd that a premium room has less space than a normal room!

Yep, Sawyer misses the airsickeness bag every now and then!!! LOL!

OK, I'm all caught up, go ahead and post the next installment.
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #41
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

I found you again!!! My favorite TR writer. Where have yo been? I guess at DL. I don't go to the DL section of the DIS very much. Ok, Back to stalking you again...
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #42
HeatherSue

Aww.. thanks orangecats! I kind of ditched this report, I'm guilty to admit....This trip was over a year ago and I think I'd have to make up most of it at this point. We do have a big family trip coming up next May. Maybe Teresa and I can wrote dueling trip reports again!

Old 08-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #43
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Yeah, I was wondering where the DL portion of your trip was. I hope you write a TR for your next trip. I miss reading all your funny stories and seeing beautiful Tessa and cute Sawyer. I also adore all the clothes you make.
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:18 AM   #44
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
Aww.. thanks orangecats! I kind of ditched this report, I'm guilty to admit....This trip was over a year ago and I think I'd have to make up most of it at this point. We do have a big family trip coming up next May. Maybe Teresa and I can wrote dueling trip reports again!
I have a half finished trip report of my own. I found my notes for it the other day, I should try to finish it! No one would know what I was making up,right?
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #45
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

I honestly can't believe they left it open all this time! LOL I didn't get mine finished and it's closed, and, like Heather, I'd have to make it up at this point. Time for another trip, says I! Looking forward to hearing about the BIG family trip next year. You need an EPIC title for that one.
Something like "When Pigs Fly: The Dis-er Sisters convince the family to stay onsite AND Henry comes back to WDW."
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: