Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #871
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

Cancellation question - if I cancel a flight and have a credit, does it have to be used for me or can it be used for anyone for whom I purchase a ticket for?

TIA
Old 03-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #872
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaG View Post
Cancellation question - if I cancel a flight and have a credit, does it have to be used for me or can it be used for anyone for whom I purchase a ticket for?

TIA
I just cancelled a flight. The credit has to be used by the person who's name it was booked for. So I had to use my credit to book a new flight for me and pay the difference, then dd's for her and pay the difference etc.

I wish they hadn't changed this policy because I had a credit from a fare drop for dd's friend that we toke with us and since she isn't travelling with us again I can't use it.
It's still nice to not be out the money completely though.
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #873
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto

I just cancelled a flight. The credit has to be used by the person who's name it was booked for. So I had to use my credit to book a new flight for me and pay the difference, then dd's for her and pay the difference etc.

I wish they hadn't changed this policy because I had a credit from a fare drop for dd's friend that we toke with us and since she isn't travelling with us again I can't use it.
It's still nice to not be out the money completely though.
Thanks!

Now I'm bummed because the flight I was watching has disappeared from the booking schedule... I wonder if that means it was sold out or canceled.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #874
Rest&Relax
Ears at Rest

Question: Can we change flight for 1 person

DH & I booked flights couple months ago when prices dropped to leave on Friday in a couple of weeks. DH now has a meeting at work that he can't miss on Monday, so he won't be able to fly out until Monday evening now. Is there a way to change just his flight and not mine even though we have the same confirmation number? When I tried doing it online it wants to change both of ours. Any suggestions?
Rest&Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #875
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rest&Relax View Post
DH & I booked flights couple months ago when prices dropped to leave on Friday in a couple of weeks. DH now has a meeting at work that he can't miss on Monday, so he won't be able to fly out until Monday evening now. Is there a way to change just his flight and not mine even though we have the same confirmation number? When I tried doing it online it wants to change both of ours. Any suggestions?
No suggestion .... I've had this happen to me before .... so now I always book DH and I separately. Maybe give SW a call and see if a service rep can help you???
Old 03-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #876
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

I booked my family with my SW points. If I cancel will the points go back into my RR acct or into their individual acts?
I plan to rebook for a later time that day that requires more points than they have in their individual accts, but when I go to make the change it doesn't try to pull the points difference from my acct even though that is where the pts for the original bookings came from.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #877
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
I booked my family with my SW points. If I cancel will the points go back into my RR acct or into their individual acts?
I plan to rebook for a later time that day that requires more points than they have in their individual accts, but when I go to make the change it doesn't try to pull the points difference from my acct even though that is where the pts for the original bookings came from.
yours
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #878
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rest&Relax View Post
Call them and have them move him to a different reservation
Old 03-21-2013, 07:19 AM   #879
lildeb724
Mouseketeer

My flight leaves this Saturday at 12:55. I purchased early check in Do I still need to print my boarding passes at home to get my assigned letter and number?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #880
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildeb724 View Post
My flight leaves this Saturday at 12:55. I purchased early check in Do I still need to print my boarding passes at home to get my assigned letter and number?
You can or you can wait and do it at the airport. If I have access to computer and printer, I do it ahead of time though.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #881
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

With AirTran now more under the Southwest umbrella, are they still charging for luggage? If i book AirTran and want to switch to a Southwest flight can I use the same funds? TIA!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #882
policycobb
DIS Veteran

I received a one time e-mail code this morning to be used by Monday, March 25th. Please PM if you are interested.

Last edited by policycobb; 03-22-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Suggetion below.
policycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #884
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

I also have the code for 20% off. I booked with points so I figure it won't help me. It doesn't say it can't be transferred, so PM me if you want it, and hopefully it works for someone else!

I'll be travelling today, so after the next couple hours I won't be online till later in the day but I'll respond when I can.
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD15 DD12

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of Godó not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #885
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Wish I could book, but it says round trip required, and I book our trips separate.
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: