Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #631
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNDecember View Post
Okay, I have Early Bird Check in, I know 36 hours before your flight you get a preassigned boarding segment. You still have to "print" your boarding pass, but here is my question...
Do you actually NEED a paper copy of the boarding pass if you use a smart phone/Iphone? Can't I just use the Southwest mobile app & get my two boarding passes electronically loaded or is it better to just print them?

I tried to locate the answer online at SW.com, but this is the best I could find on their site....

When are EarlyBird Check-In Customers' boarding pass positions reserved?
EarlyBird Check-In Customers will have their boarding passes reserved beginning 36 hours prior to their flight's scheduled departure time. Boarding Passes can be printed beginning 24 hours prior to the flight's scheduled local departure time.
You'll need to print them at the airport because you will need them to get through security and to board the plane. You don't have to print them at the 24 hour mark. Just go to a kiosk when you get to the airport and print before you head to the security line.

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #632
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelsGoingToDisney View Post
You'll need to print them at the airport because you will need them to get through security and to board the plane. You don't have to print them at the 24 hour mark. Just go to a kiosk when you get to the airport and print before you head to the security line.
Thanks for the reply. I have never flown with SW, this is our first time. I know with American, you could print at home, print at the kiosk in the airport, or download the "scanner bar code" on your smart phone & they scan your iphone barcode. I just thought SW had that choice as well, but I can print them or use the kiosk, thanks a bunch !!!

Register to remove

Old 06-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #633
Gymbomom
The best seat in the "house" for Illuminations is outdoor seating at the Rose and Crown!!
Next time tag me with something I said
Okay - Congrats

So travel funds are non-transferable between family members correct? So, if my son who is 10 has $48 in travel funds....I can't use it?
Thanks for your help!!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #634
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNDecember
Well, it is official, I was worried we would have to cancel with airfare being double the price of what it has been in the past, only 1 slight hiccup......

Well, from Dallas Love Field to Orlando (MCO) for both me & my 16 year old son, with Southwest, it came to a total of $514 !!!! Which is just about what I paid last year to fly American Airlines.

The only hiccup, to get a Direct (they don't have non-stop with Southwest out of Dallas Love Field) flight with only 1 stop & NO PLANE CHANGE, there was ONLY one time frame & that was flying out at 3:30 pm & arriving in Orlando Florida at 8:50 PM. That is the hiccup, we have in the past 10 years always flown with American Airlines & left at 6:00 AM & arrived on our very first day at 9:30 am, so we have basically lost a WHOLE day having to switch to Southwest Airlines.

But American Airlines prices are out the roof !!! And they are still in "limbo" with their business decisions. The total fare if we flew with American Airlines non-stop is approx $700-800 total, so we had no choice but to choose Southwest, I hope all goes well with choosing Southwest, we have never flown with them.

But at least we are GOING !!!!! It really feels official now !!

Can anyone tell me if Southwest changes their flight times or do they stay consistent with what you originally booked? I specifically booked Direct (no plane change, with just one stop) both ways round trip. They only had one option for Direct- no plane change with just one stop.
In all the times we have flown SW they have Never changed a time except at the gate due to weather circumstances (snow once/ severe Tstorms a couple of times). They pretty much leave their flight times alone once they publish them.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #635
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm looking at a couple os connecting SW flights for this fall to another destination. The ideal time flights only allow 40 minutes between flights...this seems a litttle tight? Anyone ever do flights like this with success?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #636
WDWfeelslikehome
Mouseketeer

Question Feb flights?

Anyone have an idea of when SW may open their late February flights for booking?

DIS DAD's MEMBER # 84
Me DW
DS8
WDWfeelslikehome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #637
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

I am thinking about changing my "Direct- no plane change but one stop" flight with Southwest (first time flying with them) to an earlier flight that has One plane change, I have NEVER changed planes before to get to my destination. It has a 55 minute plane change at the New Orleans MSY airport. The flight would leave Dallas TX Love Field at 6:35 am & arrive in New Orleans MSY airport at 7:55 & then you change planes & depart there at 8:50 am & then arrive in Orlando at 11:25 am.

Is 55 minutes enough time to change planes at the New Orleans MSY airport? I was looking at the LA MSY airport online & I can't tell........ Any prior experiences & thoughts? A prior thread stated to allow at least 2 hours minimum, is 55 minutes too close?

Also, does your EBCI apply to both legs of the flight?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #638
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am thinking about changing my "Direct- no plane change but one stop" flight with Southwest (first time flying with them) to an earlier flight that has One plane change, I have NEVER changed planes before to get to my destination. It has a 55 minute plane change at the New Orleans MSY airport. The flight would leave Dallas TX Love Field at 6:35 am & arrive in New Orleans MSY airport at 7:55 & then you change planes & depart there at 8:50 am & then arrive in Orlando at 11:25 am.

Is 55 minutes enough time to change planes at the New Orleans MSY airport? I was looking at the LA MSY airport online & I can't tell........ Any prior experiences & thoughts? A prior thread stated to allow at least 2 hours minimum, is 55 minutes too close?

I've never flown in and out of New Orleans so no help there. Whenever I've had to make a stop and change planes the EBCI has applied to both legs.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #639
Glendamax
LOVES Old English Roses china at the Grand Floridian!

DISERS! Is all hope REALLY lost for getting a lower fare? I'm leaving from Baltimore on Fri. Aug 31st, coming back on Sun. Sept 9th. The sales they had excluded Fridays and Sundays. My roundtrip ticket will be $303. I have NEVER paid that much before. Any suggestions?
Glendamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #640
MuchLovedMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendamax View Post
DISERS! Is all hope REALLY lost for getting a lower fare? I'm leaving from Baltimore on Fri. Aug 31st, coming back on Sun. Sept 9th. The sales they had excluded Fridays and Sundays. My roundtrip ticket will be $303. I have NEVER paid that much before. Any suggestions?
I gave up waiting for SW for our Sept trip and booked with US Air last week when they dropped fares. They're expected to rise any day now but I'd look into other airlines.
1998 - Offsite
2000 - CBR
2008 - POP (first trip with the kids)
2010 - POP
2012 - AoA
Upcoming - May 2015 Orlando Trip (no Disney)
MuchLovedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #641
patink
Mouseketeer

Southwest Air and World Market

We got a flyer in the newspaper this past Sunday from World Market that said if you spend $20 at World Market you can get 15% off your next SWA roundtrip Wanna Get Away Fare. I did not bring the flyer with me to share all the fine print, but at least some of the info is available at the website.

http://www.worldmarket.com/home/index

Look at the back page of the add.

HTH someone get a better deal!!

They also have a contest for anyone who wants to enter.

Patink
patink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #642
patink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWfeelslikehome View Post
Anyone have an idea of when SW may open their late February flights for booking?
From the SWA Website:

Travel Tools

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 4, 2013. On July 9, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through February 13, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

For future reference you can find it under Travel Tools in the upper left corner of the main page. Click on Travel Tools --> All travel Tools (at the bottom of drop down box)

Patink
patink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #643
Southernswthrt
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yes. Msy is small compared to other airports and all SW gates are together.
Southernswthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #644
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I now have both my arrival and return flights booked and linked together....question....Is there a way to add the coke rewards code to it now?...after the fact of them being booked. No big deal if I can't, but if I could, I sure will give it a try.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #645
marshwiggle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendamax View Post
Check again? If you're flexible about the flight times, I came up with $210-215 rt just now for those dates so the prices may have changed since yesterday.
marshwiggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: