Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
Millwall Steve
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 45

Car hire with Alamo

Hi all, hope you are all well.

Do you know if Alamo drop cars off to a Disney Hotel? We are staying at the All Music next year. If not does anyone know the nearest pick up point?

thank you
__________________
Millwall Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:31 PM   #2
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust
 
Itinkso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 8,695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millwall Steve View Post
Hi all, hope you are all well.

Do you know if Alamo drop cars off to a Disney Hotel? We are staying at the All Music next year. If not does anyone know the nearest pick up point?

thank you
You can pick up and drop off Alamo/National/Enterprise cars at The Dolphin as well as at the Car Care Center near MK.
__________________
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #3
Millwall Steve
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 45

thank you
__________________
Millwall Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 47,123

CCC will send a shuttle for you to pickup the car, and will take you where you need to go on property when you turn in the car. You need to give them at least an hour of lead time when you want to be picked up; we were at WWofS at the expo last month when I realized I should call them. We were done with the expo and when they told me they would be an hour, I just arranged for the pickup at our resort instead of waiting around another hour at WWofS. We got on the bus to go back to the resort, went to our room, got back to the main lobby area, and 5 minutes later the shuttle arrived. When we dropped off, they had a list of places people needed to go, and we waited for those shuttles. They were happy to take us to MK (specifically the TTC).
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #5
POOHsie
DIS Veteran
 
POOHsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wheeling, WV
Posts: 5,050

Alamo has pickup service available. (pretty sure they have transportation back to your hotel after drop-off, too) From their website:
If pickup assistance is required on Disney property please contact our Dispatch office at 407-824-3470 to schedule a pickup time. Please allow 1 hour advanced notice for your scheduled pickup time. Thank you.
https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rent...-car-care.html
__________________
Bay Lake Tower | Port Orleans Riverside | Port Orleans French Quarter | Caribbean Beach | Coronado Springs | Cabins at Ft Wilderness | Pop Century | All Star Movies | WDW Dolphin | WDW Swan |
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #6
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust
 
Itinkso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 8,695

If you don't want to factor in an hour wait for a shuttle, we've found it easy to go to the Dolphin during a break from a park to pick up our car.

Returning at the Dolphin is super easy - hand the keys to a Valet at any hour of the day and they take care of the paperwork without you having to wait around to do so.
__________________
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #7
Millwall Steve
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
CCC will send a shuttle for you to pickup the car, and will take you where you need to go on property when you turn in the car. You need to give them at least an hour of lead time when you want to be picked up; we were at WWofS at the expo last month when I realized I should call them. We were done with the expo and when they told me they would be an hour, I just arranged for the pickup at our resort instead of waiting around another hour at WWofS. We got on the bus to go back to the resort, went to our room, got back to the main lobby area, and 5 minutes later the shuttle arrived. When we dropped off, they had a list of places people needed to go, and we waited for those shuttles. They were happy to take us to MK (specifically the TTC).

thank you, Who are CCC?

Steve
__________________
Millwall Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #8
Millwall Steve
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
Alamo has pickup service available. (pretty sure they have transportation back to your hotel after drop-off, too) From their website:
If pickup assistance is required on Disney property please contact our Dispatch office at 407-824-3470 to schedule a pickup time. Please allow 1 hour advanced notice for your scheduled pickup time. Thank you.
https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rent...-car-care.html
thank you very much

appreciate that
__________________
Millwall Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #9
Millwall Steve
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
If you don't want to factor in an hour wait for a shuttle, we've found it easy to go to the Dolphin during a break from a park to pick up our car.

Returning at the Dolphin is super easy - hand the keys to a Valet at any hour of the day and they take care of the paperwork without you having to wait around to do so.
Thank you

Steve
__________________
Millwall Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:19 PM   #10
patty57
DIS Veteran
 
patty57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 2,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millwall Steve View Post
thank you, Who are CCC?

Steve
CCC stands for Car Care Center, located on WDW property.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #11
angierae
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,349

Last year we rented from Alamo for the weekend and then moved to Disney property on Sunday. I drove over to the Dolphin, gave the car and the paperwork to the valet, and then caught a bus to the Magic kingdom. (i'd driven over to our resort, dropped off our bags, checked in, etc.)

It was seamless, and wonderful.
__________________
Potential Spring 2015 and Fall 2016 trips on the horizon, but who knows!

10-2013 - Pop Century / 4-2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 5-2010 - Pop Century
angierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.