Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
serenitygr
Mouseketeer

alamo- reserved full size- what is the upgrade?

Hi! For now we have reserved a full size car at MCO thru Alamo at the end of September, beginning of October. We are members of the Insiders club, which I am wondering does that give us a free upgrade once we are there, or how does it work? And if so, what are the upgrades normally?
Thanks!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:28 AM   #2
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

What do the Alamo Insiders benefits describe? If a free upgrade isn't one of the benefits, then no, you won't be entitled to one.
Stuff You Should Know About Stuff - Tyler Stanton/Tripp Crosby; Die Hard, Hard, Hard, Hard - The Single Screenwriter; The National Liar - Chris Carney; How to Fail at Dating - Frank Reteguiz; Mr. Monk Helps Himself - Hy Conrad; Secrets of Bar Bets Scams & Hustles - J. Hill; Stronger - Jeff Bauman/Bret Witter; Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda - Tara Lee Reed; Lady Justice in the Eye of the Storm - Robert Thornhill; Lady Justice and the Candidate - Robert Thornhill; Dying to Read - Lorena McCourtney;
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2015, 07:30 AM   #3
serenitygr
Mouseketeer

It says members do get a free upgrade but I don't know if they figure it into the prices when we reserve or if they give an upgrade when you get your car
Old 01-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #4
castle1
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I've read on the Disboard that Alamo standard size will be the same class of car as their full size. There is not a standard size aisle at MCO...you pick from the full size aisle.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:08 PM   #5
houseofduck
Mouseketeer

I know Insiders get a free upgrade, but I don't know if there is an upgrade past a full size.

The way you get the upgrade is to use the coupon code for the upgrade when you make the reservation. So, you should make a reservation for a midsize, using the upgrade code. You will see that the reservation is for a standard vehicle, even though it is the midsize price. I say to do midsize because, as others have mentioned, at MCO, there is no standard aisle. You will get to pick from the full size aisle.
houseofduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #6
serenitygr
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much everyone! I know NOTHING about renting cars so it's kind of scary to me! LOL I think from what I can see I have to wait a little longer for that code to come out and then use the coupon. Right now the only one I found expires in April, and they wont' let me put it in. And that's good to know about the mid size thank you for the tips!!
Old 01-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #7
houseofduck
Mouseketeer

You may want to keep your current reservation. Then, when the coupon becomes available, see if it works out to a better price. It may not be better. Also, you may find better coupons on this board or others.

Usually, prices do come down when you get closer to your dates.
houseofduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: