Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2014, 06:56 AM   #1
BRDisney
Earning My Ears

BC to HS early

Hi All,

we will need to go from Beach club to Hollywood Studios very early, to our 8:00 Hollywood & Vine reservation, on a day that the park opens at 9:00. We are thinking of going by boat. What time do the boats starts? How much time do you think we will need to get there?

Thanks
BRDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Hi! I biebe the boats don't start running til 1 hour before park opening, so that probably won't be an option for you. The good news is that HS is only about a 20 minute walk from BC. We always stay at YC & we walk to HS almost every time. If your group is unable to walk, a cab would probably be about a 5 minute ride.

There is a BC cast member who posts on the Y&B thread on the resorts board. Try asking there too & she may have other suggestions.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
BRDisney
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the answer. I will post there just to be sure, but the walk seems the best option.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
DVC California
Try this weird hybrid sometime: DisneyQuest + Water Parks Annual Pass.......it's a blast!

Or you can just grab a cab, there should be a few outside the BC. It's a 5 minute ride and probably less than $10 fare.
DVC California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #5
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

(Way back when) "Character buses" ran starting around 6:30 AM to take guests from resorts to parks for early morning breakfast. (Now) Disney transportation starts around 6:30 AM to take guests from resorts to parks for early morning breakfast. (In both cases) Service is not as frequent as during the day.

Ask at the front desk to find out whether the earliest trip is by bus or by boat. You need to be at the platform (or dock) a little before 6:30 AM, to assure more than one choice if the first bus or boat is too full for you.

+3 Walking is the most carefree. Allow 45 minutes i.e. step out of the front door of Beach Club by 7:15 for an 8:00 breakfast.
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 12-16-2014 at 08:31 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #6
BRDisney
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the answers. I think walk is the best way. That way we make our own time. When we go back to the resort, we will take the boat.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: