Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #1
twinkybel81
Mouseketeer

Question for Wishes couples

Did any of you book your wedding after the 12 month mark? (Like between 8-11 months out) If so, how successful were you at getting your first or second choices for both ceremony and reception venues?

Thank you in advance!
twinkybel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
alyaki
Mouseketeer

Not sure if you meant to put this in the trip report section, but you may get more feedback if you post this in the main Planning Board.
alyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2014, 10:00 AM   #3
CinderellasBFF
Earning My Ears

We contacted Disney about the 11-month mark, and didn't get the Letter of Agreement signed until about 9-month mark. We didn't have any problem getting our first choices for everything. I think it helps that we're getting married on a Sunday evening and our going for more non-traditional locations though.
CinderellasBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #4
LadyD
Mouseketeer

While we are having a Disneyland wedding, we didn't contact Disney until a little over 6 months out and didn't sign out letter until a little over 5 months out for a wishes wedding. We were able to get both the ceremony and reception location we wanted though. We are having a Sunday evening ceremony in December though. I think it all depends on the time of year, day of week, time of day, and what you consider your ideal locations for whether or not you will get your first choice venues.
LadyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:57 AM   #5
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

What time of year are you thinking? Some months are busier than others at DFTW - I know May & October are their busiest months. The marathon weekend & Princess 1/2 Marathon also gum things up by taking away some times slots for ceremonies at some locations (namely the parks and Sea Breeze Point I believe). And of course, a Saturday is going to be far more popular than a weekday event.

I believe July & August are the least booked months.

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
elphie101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
twinkybel81
Mouseketeer

Guess I should have included more info in my OP. Thanks to all who have responded so far.

We are looking to do a Wishes wedding on a weekday morning (likely a Tuesday) during the first full week of December 2015. Somewhere in Epcot for the ceremony and we haven't decided on the reception location yet,

Alyaki: I will go ahead and try cross-posting over there. Thanks for the suggestion. My thinking for putting it in the planning section was that it would reach more current brides.
twinkybel81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: