Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #226
tndislvr
Mouseketeer

Bertie - I think I'd stick to magazines you can throw away at the hotel. BB's absolutely love to hide in books and such so coming from the OP I'd say better be safe than sorry. We leave in two weeks and I am so terrified we will bring BB's home again. I'm hoping our luck won't be bad two trips in a row, though!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #227
Pineapple Whip
Burning My Ears

I haven't read the entire thread, but after a few pages is seems that no one has posted any reliable pest control information (including one pest control company) that seems to be having issues eradicating your problem.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/bed-bugs-c-39.html

The above company is reputable, and I use them to do my own pest control. They offer advice and products that actually work on the site. You would be amazed what you're paying the experts to do for you. You can even pick up the 1 Gal. garden sprayer at Lowes for $8. I've had better results on my own than with "professionals".

I have 2 cats and they're fine after years of properly applying these pesticides as needed. I'm concerned about proper pesticide use and toxicity as well. I urge you not to spray mattresses at random as the next person will need to sleep on that, and may be allergic.

DESPERADOS: Because laminated schedules have no place on a vacation.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2522331
Pineapple Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #228
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Now I may be rethinking the library too.
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #229
Kellygurlz74
Kellygurlz74

I'm really glad that this thread was posted & that the Podcast crew discussed it. My husband has severe allergies to dust mites & everything else in the world, so knowing this we will be now taking precautions when we travel. We are also going to be travelling internationally in the future.

Yuck Yuck Yuck! makes me want to go bomb my own house now!

Kellygurlz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #230
Bertie131
DIS Veteran

I am about a month behind on listening to my podcasts. Which date did the podcast crew discuss bedbugs? I would like to listen to it. Thanks!
Bertie131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #231
tndislvr
Mouseketeer

Yes, Friendly Frog, libraries are a concern for me now, too. Hate that as my kids love the library. We still go almost weekly but I'm always nervous. I'm a bit jaded since this happened to me. I suspect bed bugs when I see random people on the street or mall with bites on exposed skin. I automatically assume bed bugs. Unfortunately I heard a report recently that predicted unless something was done to control these bugs that within a matter of a few years 2 out of 3 households would have bed bugs.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:05 AM   #232
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tndislvr View Post
Yes, Friendly Frog, libraries are a concern for me now, too. Hate that as my kids love the library. We still go almost weekly but I'm always nervous. I'm a bit jaded since this happened to me. I suspect bed bugs when I see random people on the street or mall with bites on exposed skin. I automatically assume bed bugs. Unfortunately I heard a report recently that predicted unless something was done to control these bugs that within a matter of a few years 2 out of 3 households would have bed bugs.
That is really scary!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #233
courtusher
Earning My Ears

Wow just reading this makes me itchy!

Can i just ask, the photo of the mattress - how can you tell the difference between the marks made by bedbugs and mould marks?
courtusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #234
stefsko
Mouseketeer

Yuck. thanks for the advice
stefsko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #235
runwad
Can someone tell me how to play SPUD?

Dang after reading this whole thread I need to go shower and wash my hair.

DH has been taking these precautions for years when we travel. I always give him the rolling eye look. He puts his suitcase on the stand won't unpack his clothes keeps them zipped in the suitcase and never puts his shoes on the floor. Always stores them up on the jacuzzi, and here I just thought he was a germ-a-phobe. My thing is we drive and just pack 2 big suitcases for all our clothes; mine and his in one and I take my stuff out and hang up and put in drawers so he'll have suitcase for his. Then all the kids in one. So you really do have to unpack. Guess I might have to just do one suitcase per person but that takes up a lot of space in the van, and I'm thinking ziploc bags for 5 peoples weeks worth of clothes can get pretty expensive. yikes maybe I'll just stay home. Creepy
runwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #236
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runwad View Post
Dang after reading this whole thread I need to go shower and wash my hair.

DH has been taking these precautions for years when we travel. I always give him the rolling eye look. He puts his suitcase on the stand won't unpack his clothes keeps them zipped in the suitcase and never puts his shoes on the floor. Always stores them up on the jacuzzi, and here I just thought he was a germ-a-phobe. My thing is we drive and just pack 2 big suitcases for all our clothes; mine and his in one and I take my stuff out and hang up and put in drawers so he'll have suitcase for his. Then all the kids in one. So you really do have to unpack. Guess I might have to just do one suitcase per person but that takes up a lot of space in the van, and I'm thinking ziploc bags for 5 peoples weeks worth of clothes can get pretty expensive. yikes maybe I'll just stay home. Creepy
You can get two large or one jumbo zipper bag for a dollar at some of the dollar stores. I think the jumbo bag is large enough for a med. sized suitcase, and the bags can be used several times before the zipper seals die.
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #237
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tndislvr View Post

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:52 AM   #238
Vivianne
Close enough to enjoy what Mass has to offer
I'm ready for a PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtusher View Post
Wow just reading this makes me itchy!

Can i just ask, the photo of the mattress - how can you tell the difference between the marks made by bedbugs and mould marks?
Just take the blow dryer on medium heat and point it to the corner of the mattress. These buggers will think it's chow time and come up for some free dining.
Vivianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #239
jimpossible87
Mouseketeer

bed bug poop

OMG that mattress picture nearly gave me a stroke
jimpossible87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #240
left_arm
Mouseketeer

Can we bring back DDT just for a little bit?
left_arm is offline   Reply With Quote