Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 07:47 PM   #121
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #122
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for writing this up. I have to decide to pull the trigger on the QSDP tonight and call first thing in the morning. We're in a SSR studio and usually I order groceries and cook in a 1 bdrm. Looks like this might just work out for the two of us.

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2010, 07:52 AM   #123
angelmav
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying this review, you give a really fascinating take on the QSDP.

I will second that the brownie in that last pic is dense, I thought I was looking at the Monolith from the movie 2001.

Cant wait for the rest!
angelmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #124
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

Found this this morning and jsut read it all. We have done the DDP the last few trips but this time the kids asked if we could not dddo it since we spent so much time sitting and waiting and everything. So, we said OK and opted for the QSDP. Well, as it happens, that is what comes free with the values now so that works for us!

We ADORE WPE!!! I tell you if there was one nearby we'd be browk and a lot heavier! Man, even the kids pizza is great there! My 2 favorites are Half Rotisserie Chicken with garlic butter, rosemary and mashed potatoes literally dripping in butter and there was a BBQ beef wood fired wrap thing, it's apparently gone now but it was amazing! I can't wait to get back there, we ate there several times last trip. We never tried breakfast, we'll have to the pizza looks sooooo goood!!! Oh, and we got the frozen yogurt to go and went and watched the boats while we ate it, so yummy! My DD15 who LOVES creme brule said it was the best she ever had (and she ate it alll week ong!) and we actually brought home 5 of them with leftover credits last trip.

Sunshine Seasons, food=good, desserts=AMAZING!!!!

We are excited about QSDP, we too have 3TS meals we will be doing OOP, so I am planning on taking some containeers like I did last time to pack the cooler for the ride home. We got the chicken dinners, salads and sandwiches from WPE and EoS and filled the cooler for the ride home since we shared meals too. Then when we'd normally stop for a quick burger on the srive home, we had nice food to eat and saved money!

Enjoying the reviews, waiting for more!
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread
MickeyMomOfThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:35 PM   #125
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Thanks!

I'm all caught up, and waiting for more! Sadly, no trip to WDW for us this year , but we were offered free QSDP. It was really tempting, because last time we did DDP and found that it was just to much food for us (and DH and DS are BIG eaters), and the kids really didn't want to be sitting around waiting for TS. With it being offered for free, I would happily pay OOP for a couple of TS (and the kids would have to suck it up, Mommy needs to relax and enjoy a drink every once in a while). Hope they are still offering free QSDP next summer!

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #126
derrickmom
DIS Veteran

Love the updates thank you!

1990 off site
2009 POP 3/4 deal~June
2010 November POP free dining Thanksgiving
2011 November POP free dining Thanksgiving

April 2012 off site
November 2012 Thanksgiving POP free dining
November 2013 Thanksgiving POP free dining
July Coronado Springs Nationals Dance Competition

Me,Hubbie,daughter
BLUE the dog
derrickmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #127
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Starting a new trend?

Thank you so much for the great report and pictures.

I hope this starts a trend of writing QSDP reports.

Slightly Goofy

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #128
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Thanks for the update.
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiq View Post
Thank you so much for writing this up. I have to decide to pull the trigger on the QSDP tonight and call first thing in the morning. We're in a SSR studio and usually I order groceries and cook in a 1 bdrm. Looks like this might just work out for the two of us.
Definitely try the coffee cake for breakfast! And the assorted flatbreads at Artist's Palette. Also, the refillable mugs were great because there were many convenient places to refill them at the resort (including the main pool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmav View Post
Really enjoying this review, you give a really fascinating take on the QSDP.

I will second that the brownie in that last pic is dense, I thought I was looking at the Monolith from the movie 2001.

Cant wait for the rest!
Thanks for the kind words! Pretty much as a whole, the chocolate desserts that we got around the entire WDW resort were rich and dense (brownies, chocolate mousse, chocolate cakes, etc.), so if you're a big chocolate fan, the desserts on the QSDP would be fantastic for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomOfThree View Post
Found this this morning and jsut read it all. We have done the DDP the last few trips but this time the kids asked if we could not dddo it since we spent so much time sitting and waiting and everything. So, we said OK and opted for the QSDP. Well, as it happens, that is what comes free with the values now so that works for us!

We ADORE WPE!!! I tell you if there was one nearby we'd be browk and a lot heavier! Man, even the kids pizza is great there! My 2 favorites are Half Rotisserie Chicken with garlic butter, rosemary and mashed potatoes literally dripping in butter and there was a BBQ beef wood fired wrap thing, it's apparently gone now but it was amazing! I can't wait to get back there, we ate there several times last trip. We never tried breakfast, we'll have to the pizza looks sooooo goood!!! Oh, and we got the frozen yogurt to go and went and watched the boats while we ate it, so yummy! My DD15 who LOVES creme brule said it was the best she ever had (and she ate it alll week ong!) and we actually brought home 5 of them with leftover credits last trip.

Sunshine Seasons, food=good, desserts=AMAZING!!!!

We are excited about QSDP, we too have 3TS meals we will be doing OOP, so I am planning on taking some containeers like I did last time to pack the cooler for the ride home. We got the chicken dinners, salads and sandwiches from WPE and EoS and filled the cooler for the ride home since we shared meals too. Then when we'd normally stop for a quick burger on the srive home, we had nice food to eat and saved money!

Enjoying the reviews, waiting for more!
I'm glad you found the party! Yes WPE is deliciously amazing! I'm bummed that they took that wrap off because that sounds like something I would have enjoyed. I'm disappointed that we didn't go back to Sunshine Seasons (because of picky eaters) because I wanted to sample all of the desserts. For the dessert selection, SS was by far the best. Hope you have a good trip and I want to see a QSDP from you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora's Mommy View Post
I'm all caught up, and waiting for more! Sadly, no trip to WDW for us this year , but we were offered free QSDP. It was really tempting, because last time we did DDP and found that it was just to much food for us (and DH and DS are BIG eaters), and the kids really didn't want to be sitting around waiting for TS. With it being offered for free, I would happily pay OOP for a couple of TS (and the kids would have to suck it up, Mommy needs to relax and enjoy a drink every once in a while). Hope they are still offering free QSDP next summer!
Sitting around and waiting (and making all of those ADRs) was one major reason that we didn't do the regular DDP. However, even more was the cost issue. Depending on how long you stay, you can definitely budget for a couple of TS while having the QSDP and still save way more money than buying the whole DDP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmom View Post
Love the updates thank you!
You are very welcome! Thank you for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
Thank you so much for the great report and pictures.

I hope this starts a trend of writing QSDP reports.

Slightly Goofy
I hope so. I think now that QSDP is free for value people during the fall, we will be seeing an increase in people using it. It really is super convenient and a great way to save money while eating a ton!
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #129
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying your TR, thanks for all the pics!

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #130
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Backlot Express-Dinner

For our evening meal at DHS we chose the Backlot Express. I had heard mixed reviews of this place. I really wanted to go to Studio Catering Co. and try some of their sandwiches, but "others" felt like burgers and fries again.

Since I hadn't had chicken nuggets so far, I just went for them. They were ok, but I can't see how DC12 and DC11 could eat them every day! Sorry the pics in this update are kinda blurry. Not sure why...possibly because the lighting was not very good here.

DC13 got the turkey sandwich plain. She didn't like the bread (I think she's used to either plain ole white or plain ole wheat bread), but she ate the turkey.

DM and DU got the "southwest chicken salad". Can't really tell from the pic but I think it has tortilla strips, chicken, lettuce, and some kind of southwest dressing. It looked good to me too, but I just wasn't in a salad mood.

DC12 and DC11 got regular plain hot dogs. Hot dogs are so expensive without any dining plan, so we didn't feel like we had wasted a bunch of money on a measly hot dog.

DD got a burger (with bacon on it I think), but I don't have a pic. Just picture a regular, ordinary burger. For dessert, we had half and half: strawberry parfaits and marble cheesecakes.

The marble cheesecakes were thick and scrumptious. DC12 loved his especially and finished the whole thing!

I had the strawberry parfait. It was delicious! Mmmmmm...It had yummy cream with strawberry sauce on the bottom topped with dried blueberries. Even though we had been eating so much, I just had to finish this because I'm a sucker for fruit flavored desserts.

So the food is just so so. The CS places at DHS are slim pickins, but I hear that the burgers are pretty good here. The strawberry parfait was by far the best part here (maybe the sodas...).

Backlot Express Dinner- 8CS used (37, 45)
OOP cost: $117.61
Running total OOP cost: $1303.37

Oh, we also got 6 lemonade slushies while we were waiting for LMA to start. They were perfect during the hot afternoon, and we got multiple jealous looks from the people surrounding us.

Slushies- 6S used (37, 39)
OOP cost: $21.00
Running total OOP cost: $1324.37

And I forgot to mention that in the morning at some snack stand, DD got a soda.

Soda- 1S used (37, 38)
OOP cost: $3.00
Running total OOP cost: $1327.37
Old 07-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #131
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

Yeah! An update!!! What is it with HS and food choices? I mean, there isn't one place everyone seems to love like at the other parks. They really need better choices there.
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread

Last edited by MickeyMomOfThree; 07-29-2010 at 06:42 AM.
MickeyMomOfThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #132
Jacqui
Mouseketeer

What a great report! We have the regular dining plan for our trip in September but decided to skip some sit downs in favor of counter service. I am also considering printing out your report for some people I know, who rented a car mid-trip because they were tired of hamburgers every day! LOL

DH DS DD
Jacqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #133
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

this report is so much fun to read. It's helping me with my upcoming trip! I'm paying OOP but the CS information is still helpful.

Thanks for sharing!
hpfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #135
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomOfThree View Post
Yeah! An update!!! What is it with HS and food choices? I mean, there isn't one place everyone seems to love like at the other parks. They really need better choices there.
I think Studio Catering Co. gets good marks, it's just not as well known as Pizza Planet or ABC or Backlot Express.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
What a great report! We have the regular dining plan for our trip in September but decided to skip some sit downs in favor of counter service. I am also considering printing out your report for some people I know, who rented a car mid-trip because they were tired of hamburgers every day! LOL
If I had had hamburgers every day I would have exploded. Theoretically, I could have had burgers every day because we went to many of the generic CS (because of picky cousins), but it is definitely your CHOICE whether or not you are going to get a burger or not. There are other options...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfan100 View Post
this report is so much fun to read. It's helping me with my upcoming trip! I'm paying OOP but the CS information is still helpful.

Thanks for sharing!
I hope that my review will show which places are the best values and which you should skip OOP. I'll probably include this info at the end of the review wrap-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Great report - very helpful and I do hope it starts a new trend like a pp suggested!
Thanks! Just recently I saw another QSDP review, so it's slowly getting there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: