Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #91
KELLY
DIS Veteran
 
KELLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Wells,me,usa
Posts: 5,598

All caught up. Thanks so much for doing this. We are on the QSDP this time also. After 3 years of the regular dining plan we can just eat when ever. I actually had a bounceback offer with the reg plan and when the QSDP was offered I cahnged over. I think the cm thought I was nuts.

We are doing OP 1 adr garden grill. Also Rainforest and T-rex. Looking forward to reading more.
__________________

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #92
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger
 
DLR29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, USC!
Posts: 5,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
you are so kind to offer this! I love my fellow DISSERS!!!
Everybody being so helpful on the DIS boards makes me want to be helpful too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsuenew View Post
Awesome reviews OP, thank you! I look forward to more! We are going to WDW for two weeks after Thanksgiving and considered upgrading our QSP to the DDP but have definately decided not to after reading your reports... it seems as if the QSP allows for plenty of delicious food choices!
I'm glad I could make a decision for you! Wow with 2 weeks you should have plenty of time to try tons of great places (and go to WPE multiple times )

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobraves39560 View Post
Subscribed!! We also love the QSDP!!!! We have done it the last 2 years, and find that it works the best with our family!!! and there is soo much food!!! We had 18 snacks crdits left over last time. The kids had a great time at Goofy's with that!!!! SUGAR- RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfgang's is my fave!! We go there several times a trip!!! and Flame Tree!! Yum!! I am ready to book my trip!!!!!!! Great review!!!!!!! I have some on my TR!!! Check it out!!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2484978
Oh yes, there are definitely enough snacks that you can have a field day at Goofy's at the end. We just decided to get tons of snacks for breakfast and use them up like that or smoothies during the hottest parts of the day. I am going to start reading your TR because you have some great pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
I really need to try and get to DTD some morning just to try that breakfast pizza.
Believe me, it's so worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
All caught up. Thanks so much for doing this. We are on the QSDP this time also. After 3 years of the regular dining plan we can just eat when ever. I actually had a bounceback offer with the reg plan and when the QSDP was offered I cahnged over. I think the cm thought I was nuts.

We are doing OP 1 adr garden grill. Also Rainforest and T-rex. Looking forward to reading more.
With the huge increase in price for the DDP, I don't blame you. It'll be a new experience and hopefully a good one. And by saving that money you would have spent on the DDP, it allows you to spend some on a couple of TS if you still want to.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #93
Miriade
Mouseketeer
 
Miriade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brazil
Posts: 195

Red face ooouch, some candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post
Mini update: Goofy's Candy Co.

If you're reading my TR, you know that on our off day we also went and saw TS3 at the AMC in DTD. So after dinner at Rainforest Cafe (not on the plan), we went over to Goofy's Candy Co. to grab some snacks for the movie. Unfortunately I do not have any pics of the snacks, but I do have the totals:

-1 package of gummi characters
-1 package of Sprees (disney version of sprees)
-1 chocolate peanut butter cup (way overpriced OOP, but I had to get one if it was on the dining plan mmmmmm)
-1 snickerdoodle
-1 chocolate rice krispy treat

Goofy's Candy Co. Snack: 5S used (68, 80)
OOP cost: $18.00
Running total OOP cost: $772.23 (after 3 1/2 days)
Hey,thanks a lot for your QSDP review!
Even without the Candy pics I felt my mouth watering (after so may pics of many delicious looking dessets too!)...
It makes me wonder if it won't be nice in a hopefully 'near' future trip after our very fist WDW vacation next September to have QSDP b/c you don't have to fight to be 'there or else' with ADR!
As we will be at POR and it's free dining plan time, we got the regular DDP... but my fiancee is a little grump as we need to 'cut the fun loose' to go to the TS restaurants... *crossfinger* I hope he'll enjoy the DDP but if the time to move along WDW property still chaffle him I'll surely suggest QSDP for him, if Disney keeps it like it is today... (rumors rumors)
See you around!
__________________

Miriade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:08 PM   #94
cherjp
I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply I kill the thread..... stone dead!!
 
cherjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ayrshire Scotland
Posts: 891

That breakfast pizza looks fantastic .

enjoying your reviews. Glad I had found them again forgot to subscribe 1st time then lost you...
__________________
cherjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:48 AM   #95
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger
 
DLR29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, USC!
Posts: 5,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriade View Post
Hey,thanks a lot for your QSDP review!
Even without the Candy pics I felt my mouth watering (after so may pics of many delicious looking dessets too!)...
It makes me wonder if it won't be nice in a hopefully 'near' future trip after our very fist WDW vacation next September to have QSDP b/c you don't have to fight to be 'there or else' with ADR!
As we will be at POR and it's free dining plan time, we got the regular DDP... but my fiancee is a little grump as we need to 'cut the fun loose' to go to the TS restaurants... *crossfinger* I hope he'll enjoy the DDP but if the time to move along WDW property still chaffle him I'll surely suggest QSDP for him, if Disney keeps it like it is today... (rumors rumors)
See you around!
Oh there are more dessert pics coming up, just wait. I hope Disney doesn't change the QSDP in the future. It's a great deal and plenty of food as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherjp View Post
That breakfast pizza looks fantastic .

enjoying your reviews. Glad I had found them again forgot to subscribe 1st time then lost you...
Glad you returned! Yes the breakfast pizza is FANTAS(TIC/MIC)
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #96
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger
 
DLR29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, USC!
Posts: 5,463

Artist's Palette-Breakfast

Before leaving for DHS, we snagged breakfast items again at Artist's Palette. I have some pics this time!

Overall, we got:
-3 cinnamon rolls
-1 coffee cake (mmm so good)
-1 Froot Loops
-1 croissant
-1 blueberry muffin (also delicious)
-1 apple turnover
-1 big milk
-4 small milks
-1 cup of grapes (I needed some fruit)

Danishes and muffins


Coffeecake and croissants


Turnovers and bagels


Artist's Palette Breakfast: 14S used (68, 66)
OOP cost: $33.37
Running Total OOP cost: $805.60
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #97
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger
 
DLR29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, USC!
Posts: 5,463

Pizza Planet-Lunch

Because we had to wait a while before picking up DC12's RnRC on-ride photo from Package pick-up and we were hungry, we grabbed a bite at Pizza Planet.






We got 6 pepperoni pizza combos and 1 cheese pizza for DB


DC13 wasn't very hungry so she took everybody's left over salads and ate that.


The pizzas were good and the salads were refreshing. I think it was the only time we got pizza. The atmosphere is also very cool with the arcade and the two story seating. With the limited CS options at DHS, this one is a winner!

Pizza Planet Lunch: 7CS used (61, 66)
OOP cost: $91.16
Running Total OOP cost: $896.76
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #98
accountingbabe08
DIS Veteran
 
accountingbabe08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thibodaux, LA
Posts: 1,543

what did you all get as dessert @ pizza planet? I am thoroughly enjoying your reviews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post
Pizza Planet-Lunch

Because we had to wait a while before picking up DC12's RnRC on-ride photo from Package pick-up and we were hungry, we grabbed a bite at Pizza Planet.






We got 6 pepperoni pizza combos and 1 cheese pizza for DB


DC13 wasn't very hungry so she took everybody's left over salads and ate that.


The pizzas were good and the salads were refreshing. I think it was the only time we got pizza. The atmosphere is also very cool with the arcade and the two story seating. With the limited CS options at DHS, this one is a winner!

Pizza Planet Lunch: 7CS used (61, 66)
OOP cost: $91.16
Running Total OOP cost: $896.76
accountingbabe08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #99
allmydisneydreams
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 163

Wow - Great Report

We actually really liked Pizza Planet - the theming was fantastic and we have sons - they loved the place. Thought the food was pretty good too and prices not bad if paying OOP.

Five years ago we did the regular dining plan and I did love it - but at the time wished for a counter service plan. I am hoping to try the QSDP soon.

You know what I think would be great - a "medium" plan - say for every three days of QSDP maybe one TS. To me, that would be perfect
allmydisneydreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #100
nrod
Mouseketeer
 
nrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston Burbs
Posts: 235

Thanks so much for doing the QSDP review - there are so few CS reviews! We're doing a QSDP trip in September and your great reviews have made me rethink a few of our plans. I didn't even know they offered breakfast at WPE! I love that place. We're definitely going to have to make it to DTD for breakfast. And my DH was happy to find out we can get sushi as CS. Great job!! (Also enjoying your TR too!)
__________________
-- Nancy
DH Me DS8 DS7
1980 1st trip (offsite)/1987 (offsite)/1989 Spring Break (offsite)/1990 Day Trip/1994 Disneyland/1999 (Villas at the Dis Inst)/2000 (offsite)/2002 (POR)/2008 (Pop Century)/2010 (AS Movies) /2012 (CSR)
nrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #101
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can
 
disney_princess_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 5,771

Hmm, Pizza Planet looks pretty good! Might give it a whirl next month.
__________________
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier



Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #102
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger
 
DLR29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, USC!
Posts: 5,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by accountingbabe08 View Post
what did you all get as dessert @ pizza planet? I am thoroughly enjoying your reviews.
AH! How could I forget, especially with the title of the thread! Probably because I didn't take pics of them. We just got 2 bags of apple slices, 3 sugar cookies and 2 chocolate chip cookies. You could also have gotten a Mickey Mouse rice krispy treat. The sugar cookies were the exact same asthe chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips, so they weren't exactly what you would think of as a traditional "sugar cookie".

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmydisneydreams View Post
Wow - Great Report

We actually really liked Pizza Planet - the theming was fantastic and we have sons - they loved the place. Thought the food was pretty good too and prices not bad if paying OOP.

Five years ago we did the regular dining plan and I did love it - but at the time wished for a counter service plan. I am hoping to try the QSDP soon.

You know what I think would be great - a "medium" plan - say for every three days of QSDP maybe one TS. To me, that would be perfect
We liked Pizza Planet too for the same reasons, and we especially liked that the combo meals came with a salad instead of fries (so tired of fries!). That "medium" plan sounds perfect for us too! We would definitely be interested in something along those lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrod View Post
Thanks so much for doing the QSDP review - there are so few CS reviews! We're doing a QSDP trip in September and your great reviews have made me rethink a few of our plans. I didn't even know they offered breakfast at WPE! I love that place. We're definitely going to have to make it to DTD for breakfast. And my DH was happy to find out we can get sushi as CS. Great job!! (Also enjoying your TR too!)
I'm glad we branched out and tried WPE for breakfast, as we were unsure too about how the quality would be. Thanks for reading this and my TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_princess_85 View Post
Hmm, Pizza Planet looks pretty good! Might give it a whirl next month.
Go for it! The best CS pizzas and salads probably at the resort.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #103
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran
 
Roxychica7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Eastern Shore, MD
Posts: 1,706

We really enjoyed Pizza Planet too, it's so nice inside and the salad is a great option. Have you ever tried Pizza Safari? We really like that one too, when the occassional pizza craving calls.
__________________
With Family:
'93, '96, '98, '00, and '02-CBR Me and Blake: Dec '05, Dec '06-Offsite, Dec '07-Music
Dec '08-Sports , Dec '09-Offsite, Dec '10-Pop Dec '11-CBR Dec '12 CSR
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Roxychica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:00 AM   #104
onelilspark
DIS Veteran
 
onelilspark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 7,114

Glad it seems that you enjoyed the QSDP. Hopefully this will help others who are using it because there is definitely a lack of QSDP reviews! (And for anyone looking for other reviews, I used it in Oct and Aug, links are in my signature!)

Pizza Planet has a bad rep. I haven't been there in years, and maybe it's just my diet...but that pizza looks sooooo good
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #105
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger
 
DLR29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, USC!
Posts: 5,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
We really enjoyed Pizza Planet too, it's so nice inside and the salad is a great option. Have you ever tried Pizza Safari? We really like that one too, when the occassional pizza craving calls.
We did go to Pizzafari on our first trip to WDW a couple years ago. The pizza was about the same, maybe slightly worse, but you don't get the salads there I don't think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Glad it seems that you enjoyed the QSDP. Hopefully this will help others who are using it because there is definitely a lack of QSDP reviews! (And for anyone looking for other reviews, I used it in Oct and Aug, links are in my signature!)

Pizza Planet has a bad rep. I haven't been there in years, and maybe it's just my diet...but that pizza looks sooooo good
I definitely used your QSDP reviews to help us out in choosing places, so thank you! I am hoping to do the same for other people by providing this review.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: