Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2010, 09:36 AM   #16
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Wow I love WGPE, the fact that its CS makes it even better!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #17
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibaba View Post
Thankyou, Thankyou for doing a QSDP review
I have just reduced my plan from the regular DDP to the QSDP, as i realised there were more CS restaurants we fancied trying than TS. include in that the freedom and not being tied down.

I am so looking forward to reading your review

Many, many Thanks

Ali
Since this was only our second trip, we had never tried the regular DDP. There are definitely tons of choices for CS places. We probably would have eaten at more unique places if it weren't for my cousins, but whatever, we still had great food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM View Post
We are considering a possible change to QSDP...can't wait to read more!!
Hopefully I can help you make a decision one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great to see a Quick Service review - looking forward to hearing more
Thanks! The quick service reviews around here have been scarce so I'm trying to help out a little bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jll45 View Post
We are doing the QSDP in August and I am very interested in your reviews. I will be standing by to read more.
Awesome! Maybe I can show you some restaurants that you really want to try in a couple months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnwithers View Post
Excited to be joining in!
Excited that you are joining in too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canluvpooh View Post
I will add my thanks for doing a QSDP review

We are leaving Sunday for AKV and have just added the QSDP - you are right there is a real lack of QSDP reviews here Guess that it is more inspiring when you are going deluxe

Hopefully I will be able to contribute some reviews when I get back and pay it forward
All these deluxe reviews!! With the amount of food we ate on the QSDP, I can't even imagine eating on the DxDP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Wow I love WGPE, the fact that its CS makes it even better!
We totally loved that WPE was a CS! It's kinda on the border between CS and TS.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #18
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Artist's Palette-Breakfast

The next morning, we woke up early (6:30) to go to DHS. After getting kinda ready, DU, DC12, DC10, DB and I went to the counter service place at SSR to grab some snack pastries for breakfast. Since we stayed at one of the Grandstand areas, it was only a short 5 min walk from our room to the place. Not bad at all.

This meal we had:
-2 cherry danishes (tons of cherry filling, mmmm)
-2 coffeecakes (probably the best pastry that they had, the crumbs on top were so good and the rest of the cake was very moist)
-2 cinnamon rolls (large, but not as big as the Main Street Bakery ones, but still decent tasting)
-1 croissant (very very light, almost too light, but ok for a small breakfast)
-1 chocolate chip muffin (I didn't try it because I am not a big fan of chocolate in the morning, but based on the other muffins, I'm sure that this one was delicious also)
-3 little milks (8oz and 1%)
-1 big milk (16oz but skim)

It was just enough for us to get a good start for the day. I have some pics of the pastries but I will post them later.

Artist's Palette Breakfast: 12S used (104CS, 100S)
OOP cost: $27.78
Total running OOP cost: $198.39

Last edited by DLR29; 07-12-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #19
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Sunshine Seasons-Lunch

After a morning at DHS, we headed over to Epcot for lunch. One of the closest places to the main entrance (we took the bus, not the boat) was Sunshine Seasons so we stopped by.

This place had so many options, but still the cousins were searching for their chicken nuggets! Because some people weren't that hungry, we split some meals here.

We got 2 chicken Caesar salads for DM, DD and me. It was good, but nothing special. I'm not sure how you could make a classic chicken Caesar be anything special. The chicken was good, the croutons were not stale (thankfully) and there wasn't too much dressing. The plates were huge, so it was good that we split them.

We also ordered 3 meals of Rotisserie (sp?) chicken. The chicken was also moist. The carrots were good because they were slathered in butter! The rice was just ok. DB did not care for it at all, but that's because it had some spices that he wasn't used to. I didn't try the mashed potatoes but they looked good too.

So only 5 meals for the 8 of us, but it was plenty. We also spent 2 snacks for extra drinks (we only got 5 with the meals). As for desserts, this place had THE best selection because there were so many delicious looking options.

We got 1 strawberry shortcake, which gets good marks on these boards. It was good, but I'm not raving about it. I would get it again, but that's because I really like strawberries.

DB and I split the "Fruit Tulip". I really liked it, maybe because I just wanted some good fruit or something cool on a hot day. But it was very yummy. The cream inside was awesome, although the blueberries had that "frozen blueberry" taste instead of fresh; the other fruits tasted fine.

DD got a Key Lime tart thing. It was large and good, although I'm not a huge key lime fan. DD very much enjoyed it, and even DCs were ok with it.

We also got a chocolate mousse cake and a cookie, both I didn't get to take a picture of before they got scarfed down. I really wanted to come back here later for another meal to try some of the other tempting desserts, but DCs weren't coming back! Overall, my family liked the place, and highly recommend it for future guests! Great value for the QSDP.

Sunshine Seasons Lunch: 5CS 2S used (99CS, 98S)
OOP cost: $89.80
Total running OOP cost: $288.19
Old 07-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #20
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

ohhh, im in
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #21
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

In and enjoying. Can't wait for the rest

Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #22
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

signing in - we are always disappointed by the cs offerings at WDW so I'm looking to you for some inspiration, admittedly WPE looks amazing.

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #23
princesskayla
***This space reserved for a tag***

Yummy - your reviews make me wanna go CS sometime. We are going DxDDP this trip. (We really like going to signature places). Maybe next time...

First 1/2 Marathon-Disneyland-Sept 2013*Pixar 7 day cruise - Oct 2012*Dream Double Dip - May 2012*24 Hours,4 Parks - Leap Year 2012 -WDW*DL -HoJo: Dec 2011*First Disney Cruise and First Family trip to Disney Land: Nov 2011*Solo trip to DL: Oct 2011*Last trip before the Wild Fontier, Bonnet Creek: May 2011 * Bonnet Creek - Nov 2010 * AKL/WL CL - Sept 2010 * Christmas Present for the family at Bonnet Creek - Dec 14-18, 2009 * Last Minute trip to Bonnet Creek - May 2009 * Suprise trip for Mom's 50th B-Day - Oct 2008 KOTS * WL with Free Dining - Sept 2008 * AWHONN convention + DISNEYLAND - June 2008 * ASMo and WL with Free Dining - Sept 2007 - The beginning of the obsession
princesskayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #24
pperfectmom
Has the sense of direction of a manatee
What's a chachi?

We are trying the QSDP for the first time in September so I am in! I have always been too full from TS meals to try a lot of these yummy sounding places so I can't wait. Think our first dinner will be WGPE also.

pperfectmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #25
jll45
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post

MORE CAKE, MORE CAKE!!!!!! Please, oh please give me more pictures of cake.

I actually toyed with the idea of spending an entire week only eating cake (and other dessert products, I don't discriminate) when we are there next month. I was just going to eat everyone's desserts. But DH doesn't think that would be all that healthy for me.
Who appointed him to ruin my party?
I am loving your reviews and have put Sunshine Seasons on my list of must do's.

Jennifer
6/01, 11/08, 08/12-POR
5/08 - Off Site (DH's 1st Trip!)
8/07 - Poly
10/04, 8/05, 8/06, 8/08, 10/13- POP
8/99, 8/00, 2/03, 8/10 - ASMovies
7/96 - CB
7/14 - WL
6/93 - CR
11/81 - Golf Resort[/SIZE]
jll45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #26
dd50
DIS Veteran

I'm in. I haven't eaten at Sunshine Seasons yet because last time we were there by the time we got there most of the stations were closed. You know how kids are when they need to go on some ride before we eat for hours.

I love WPE. I will be going there this trip. We are not on any of the food plans. Didn't want to get the QSDP as at times we share and didn't want to worry about having to use up credits. Last year we were on DDP and it was to much food for me and I didn't get to snack because it always seemed like it was time to eat again.
dd50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:14 AM   #27
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by scojos View Post
ohhh, im in
Yay! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
In and enjoying. Can't wait for the rest
Glad you are enjoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
signing in - we are always disappointed by the cs offerings at WDW so I'm looking to you for some inspiration, admittedly WPE looks amazing.
Hopefully I can inspire you to try some new CS places. Overall, we didn't have major problems with any place. There were some that were just ok and not "must dos" but for our time and money and appetite, they all pretty much satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskayla View Post
Yummy - your reviews make me wanna go CS sometime. We are going DxDDP this trip. (We really like going to signature places). Maybe next time...
Hey, if you go QSDP you can save a ton of money and put that extra $ into going to a couple of signature places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pperfectmom View Post
We are trying the QSDP for the first time in September so I am in! I have always been too full from TS meals to try a lot of these yummy sounding places so I can't wait. Think our first dinner will be WGPE also.
Believe me, we were full from the CS meals! I was concerned at first that we were not going to have enough food, but it was definitely plenty. Even my big DU police officer said he had plenty of food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jll45 View Post
MORE CAKE, MORE CAKE!!!!!! Please, oh please give me more pictures of cake.

I actually toyed with the idea of spending an entire week only eating cake (and other dessert products, I don't discriminate) when we are there next month. I was just going to eat everyone's desserts. But DH doesn't think that would be all that healthy for me.
Who appointed him to ruin my party?
I am loving your reviews and have put Sunshine Seasons on my list of must do's.
Hahahaha, I have lots more pics of cakes and desserts so don't worry! Good luck with your "idea" Hey dessert can be healthy too! You've got your breads and grains group, sometimes your fruit or dairy groups. Anything that has chocolate can be classified as in the protein group because chocolate comes from a bean which is protein....there are many ways of justifying "special eating habits"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
I'm in. I haven't eaten at Sunshine Seasons yet because last time we were there by the time we got there most of the stations were closed. You know how kids are when they need to go on some ride before we eat for hours.

I love WPE. I will be going there this trip. We are not on any of the food plans. Didn't want to get the QSDP as at times we share and didn't want to worry about having to use up credits. Last year we were on DDP and it was to much food for me and I didn't get to snack because it always seemed like it was time to eat again.
We shared a bunch of meals too even on the plan. We just liked how it was all paid for already. My parents really enjoyed not having to bring out the credit card every time we ate. Even without a dining plan, WPE is a very good value. I think they have a salmon entree for like 15 bucks! A steal!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:55 AM   #28
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying seeing what you had under CS - like someone said alot of the time people concentrate on the TS - thanks and great photos

eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:27 AM   #29
binkytell
DIS Veteran

joinin in the party.

we staying at saratoga springs for 14 nights so looking forward to
making the most of wolfgang pucks
Old 07-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #30
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorefanuk View Post
Really enjoying seeing what you had under CS - like someone said alot of the time people concentrate on the TS - thanks and great photos
Thanks for the kind words! I'm hoping to add something new to the food reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
joinin in the party.

we staying at saratoga springs for 14 nights so looking forward to
making the most of wolfgang pucks
Staying at SSR was amazing! We really liked the place and it being so close to DTD was perfect for going to WPE. I would recommend though taking the bus instead of the boat because the bus drops you off 50 ft away from the restaurant, while you'd have to walk a bit from the boat. Or if you're staying at Congress Park, you can go on the 5-10 min trail that dumps you off right by WPE also.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: