Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2010, 05:09 PM   #136
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Artist's Palette-Breakfast

Because we had a few CS still to use, we chose to spend it on a CS breakfast at Artist's Palette instead of using snack credits. It took a little longer than just grabbing pastries, but we weren't in a huge rush this morning. DM got the breakfast croissant. She said it was just ok. From the pic it looks like it has eggs and bacon in it.

DD chose the "western omelette". It's an omelette with peppers, cheese, onions, and ham. He liked it and the potatoes were decent also.

The other 6 of us got the Mickey waffle. It comes with a choice of bacon or sausage. My recommendation: SAUSAGE! Not necessarily because the sausage is the best sausage I've ever tasted in my life, but the bacon actually had 0 flavor. It baffled every single one of us. It was cruchy but absolutely no taste! The sausage was good and did have flavor.
Oh and the waffle was good too, but they gave you too much syrup.

Since we had the extra CS, we used them, but the breakfast here is just average. It was nice to have a warm breakfast once (other than that delicious WPE) during our trip though. We also got 2 drinks for each meal, so we stocked up on milks, waters, juices and a Powerade or two.

Artist's Palette Breakfast: 8CS used (29, 38)
OOP cost: $87.92
Running Total OOP cost: $1415.29

Last edited by DLR29; 08-06-2010 at 09:40 PM.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #137
Aislinn
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the great reviews. I am adding many of the places you have reviewed for our next visit!
Aislinn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #138
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

Great Reviews! I love reading about QS because there are hardly any reviews but I had to reply because I totally agree with it that somehow some way they managed to make perfectly crispy bacon at Disneyworld with 0 flavor. We got a glorious bacon cheeseburger and there was not a drop of flavor from the bacon. I thought we were just weird since so many rave about the bacon..but we found it ummmm tasteless just like you...
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:22 PM   #139
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

Studio Catering Co, Backlot Express and Pizza Planet are al fine, but I just don't thin kany are really great. Maybe just me, but they need something that is really truly a great CS place.

Too bad about the bacon. My DH loves the bacon at Chef Mickey's, wonder if it has all changed.
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread
MickeyMomOfThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:15 AM   #140
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aislinn View Post
Thanks for the great reviews. I am adding many of the places you have reviewed for our next visit!
I'm glad that my reviews have influenced your plans! I only have a few more restaurants to review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HppyCamprs View Post
Great Reviews! I love reading about QS because there are hardly any reviews but I had to reply because I totally agree with it that somehow some way they managed to make perfectly crispy bacon at Disneyworld with 0 flavor. We got a glorious bacon cheeseburger and there was not a drop of flavor from the bacon. I thought we were just weird since so many rave about the bacon..but we found it ummmm tasteless just like you...
I know!! You'd think that someone would realize that the bacon has no flavor! Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomOfThree View Post
Studio Catering Co, Backlot Express and Pizza Planet are al fine, but I just don't thin kany are really great. Maybe just me, but they need something that is really truly a great CS place.

Too bad about the bacon. My DH loves the bacon at Chef Mickey's, wonder if it has all changed.
I agree. DHS needs something unique...is there anything there that you can't get at any of the other parks?? I don't think so and if there is, it's not that widely known. I would hope that the bacon at a TS buffet would be better than the CS at SSR, although it wouldn't be that difficult to top that bacon!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:54 AM   #141
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Min and Bills

When we were at DW last December I stumbled upon the menu at Min & Bills (DS) and found that they had a hot dog in a pretzel bun and a couple of interesting looking sandwiches which I had not seen on any of the on line menus. It was a nice surprise and something different. You could get milkshakes as dessert too. Was nice to eat and watch the last show of American Idol, on the outdoor screen.

Slightly Goofy

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #142
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for the latest update, we aren't massive fans of Artist's Palette. And I know what you mean about WDW bacon being tasteless - some places it is just like soggy cardboard.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:14 PM   #143
offtoseemickey
Mouseketeer

Just read your whole food report - thanks so much for doing this, there aren't too many CS reports.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:59 AM   #144
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
When we were at DW last December I stumbled upon the menu at Min & Bills (DS) and found that they had a hot dog in a pretzel bun and a couple of interesting looking sandwiches which I had not seen on any of the on line menus. It was a nice surprise and something different. You could get milkshakes as dessert too. Was nice to eat and watch the last show of American Idol, on the outdoor screen.

Slightly Goofy
Mmm, getting milkshakes as a dessert does sound good. Maybe Min and Bills is a hidden gem at WDW???

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Thanks for the latest update, we aren't massive fans of Artist's Palette. And I know what you mean about WDW bacon being tasteless - some places it is just like soggy cardboard.
At least the bacon was crunchy...if it had been soggy AND tasteless, then we would have bigger issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
Just read your whole food report - thanks so much for doing this, there aren't too many CS reports.
Hopefully it has been helpful. I've been pretty busy lately, so the next update should come tomorrow!
Old 08-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #145
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to thank you for your report. We went with the QSDP for our short stay and yes, there are "so many desserts"...my DH agrees. I'll post pics (when I remembered to take them before my DH inhaled his food) when I get home and there are no chicken fingers or hamburgers for us. Thank you again.

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #146
sk8jdgca
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Slightly Goofy
Where is this I looked on a map and couldn't find it?

2011-POFQ
2010- ALK
2009-Windsor Hills
2007-ASMu
2005-off site somewhere
My QSDP report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2551446
sk8jdgca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #147
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8jdgca View Post
Where is this I looked on a map and couldn't find it?

EDIT: I was wrong. The poster below me (SlightlyGoofy) has the right location. I remember it now. We've never paid it much attention.

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

Last edited by TruBlu; 08-01-2010 at 09:42 PM.
TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #148
SlightlyGoofy

Me either

sk8jdgca, when I went to look at one of my old maps I did not see it listed either but it is the place that looks like a boat just across from where American Idol show is.

DLR29, not sure I would call it a hidden gem but then again most anything halfway good at the Studios might be considered a hidden gem. I had often gotten drinks here while waiting for the parade and it was just a fluke that I looked at the menu board last trip and saw that the menu had changed.

It is listed in that 'other' place in the menus if anyone wants to check.

BTW, the very best place IMO at the Studios is Starring Rolls. They have nice sandwiches and even better desserts. They have odd hours though.

Slightly Goofy

Old 08-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #149
SlightlyGoofy

TruBlu, Min & Bills is not down there but I have recently noted that Fairfax Fries has become Fairfax Fare and now offers BBQ and chicken meals. Me thinks 'someone' has been reading the DIS and taking note of our dissatisfaction with the food in that park.

Slightly Goofy

Old 08-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #150
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiq View Post
Just wanted to thank you for your report. We went with the QSDP for our short stay and yes, there are "so many desserts"...my DH agrees. I'll post pics (when I remembered to take them before my DH inhaled his food) when I get home and there are no chicken fingers or hamburgers for us. Thank you again.
I can't wait for your pics! I will definitely be looking for your report too!

Quote:
TruBlu, Min & Bills is not down there but I have recently noted that Fairfax Fries has become Fairfax Fare and now offers BBQ and chicken meals. Me thinks 'someone' has been reading the DIS and taking note of our dissatisfaction with the food in that park.

Slightly Goofy
The Fairfax Fries ended when the deal with McDonalds was over, but we did not check out the menu. Plus, we had BBQ at Flame Tree, which is probably better, but who knows. I'm not sure what it's gonna take to get a good place at DHS.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: