Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2010, 01:47 AM   #76
Mom2mitokids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'sMum View Post
Well It's been a busy few days I actually Missed the DisBoard !!! My goodness I think I am becoming addicted Anyways, DS and DD have decided what days we hope to do what, with the idea that plans could always change because our #1 rule will be to go with the flow

October 1 - Arrival day - chill at gktw once we get there to recover from traveling

October 2 - Animal Kingdom

October 3 - Magic kingdom

October 4 - harry potter world

October 5 - Universal

October 6 - Epcot

October 7 - Sea World if time permitted - travel home that evening

Whichever day at disney we have time for the hollywood studio's we will fit that in, So far our guess will be animal kingdom day. If we have enough funds we will add in the not so scary halloween but again thats also flexible.. LOL all else our TR will stay a surprise

We did find out that we will definatly be leaving the day prior to flying so tech we will be leaving on thursday the 30th and getting back home on the
8th We do not mind this at all because... well, even the trip to get to the airport is a trip within itself and that also allows us to take the latest flight out as possible on that last day which we now hope we can go to seaworld on crossing fingers for that one since we will not know flight times till near the last minute due to the wishflight.

We did decide not to do an adr definatly now, however i do have a question for someone thats been to gktw. Is it possible to get a lunch to go for the day or do you need to go back to eat there on premises, curious because if we can get sandwhiches to go then that wouldbe nice too picnic somewhere in the parks themselves, and if not, does the Walmart near gktw have food items like sandwhich meat bread etc? I know not all walmarts carry that stuff
Isn't Harry potter in Universal? You also get to go to Island of Adventure which is the sister park to Universal. For the sandwiches at GKTW...I heard they do that, but we personally didn't do it. On our last day at GKTW..we did get sandwiches and chips to go, but that was at lunch time and it was already out. Shoot...I don't remeber if the Walmart is a Super walmart or not. Sorry.

TR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40564833

http://www.facebook.com/HopeforKylee
Mom2mitokids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #77
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well It's been a busy few days I actually Missed the DisBoard !!! My goodness I think I am becoming addicted Anyways, DS and DD have decided what days we hope to do what, with the idea that plans could always change because our #1 rule will be to go with the flow

October 1 - Arrival day - chill at gktw once we get there to recover from traveling

October 2 - Animal Kingdom

October 3 - Magic kingdom

October 4 - harry potter world

October 5 - Universal

October 6 - Epcot

October 7 - Sea World if time permitted - travel home that evening

Whichever day at disney we have time for the hollywood studio's we will fit that in, So far our guess will be animal kingdom day. If we have enough funds we will add in the not so scary halloween but again thats also flexible.. LOL all else our TR will stay a surprise

We did find out that we will definatly be leaving the day prior to flying so tech we will be leaving on thursday the 30th and getting back home on the
8th We do not mind this at all because... well, even the trip to get to the airport is a trip within itself and that also allows us to take the latest flight out as possible on that last day which we now hope we can go to seaworld on crossing fingers for that one since we will not know flight times till near the last minute due to the wishflight.

We did decide not to do an adr definatly now, however i do have a question for someone thats been to gktw. Is it possible to get a lunch to go for the day or do you need to go back to eat there on premises, curious because if we can get sandwhiches to go then that wouldbe nice too picnic somewhere in the parks themselves, and if not, does the Walmart near gktw have food items like sandwhich meat bread etc? I know not all walmarts carry that stuff
I am so excited for Wish Flight for you guys!!

It is possible to get lunch for the day, I believe. I think, if it is still the same, that you can grab sandwiches to go from the Ice Cream shop? At least that is the way it was.

If not, you could certainly get stuff at Walmart for sandwiches (or a nearby store - there are lots of places around GKTW - it is a pretty busy area with lots of stores, etc) and pack your own lunch. Disney doesn't really care if you bring food and drinks.
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #78
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Oo ty Maroo when i was reading what you said it lead me to another question The lounges in disney, does anyone know if we can bring our lunch inside there to eat in case it's a rainy day? or just if DS needs to rest a bit while having lunch ?

Trip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38619970
Dance to the petals on the streams running down,
they're there for you singing, just to lose that frown.
Dance from the song you feel beat within your heart,
it beats within you naturally loving from the start.
J'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #79
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oo ty Maroo when i was reading what you said it lead me to another question The lounges in disney, does anyone know if we can bring our lunch inside there to eat in case it's a rainy day? or just if DS needs to rest a bit while having lunch ?
Sure!

The Lounge at the MK has movies and games to play and you can certainly bring your lunch.

I don't remember there being a big table, though - so you might have to picnic it!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #80
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Sure!

The Lounge at the MK has movies and games to play and you can certainly bring your lunch.

I don't remember there being a big table, though - so you might have to picnic it!
Wowwie fast reply !! lolol we must be on near same time and thanks again for answering, thats now settled we will be bringing lunch with us daily saves on the hassle of looking thru menu's trying to figure out who can have what .. james (wish kiddo) can't have many many items long list, Kate (sister) can't have alot as well and she has an allergy to milk fat, My DH is lactose intolerant... I'm the only healthy one of the bunch.. physically anyways

Old 08-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #81
balloondoggle
Earning My Ears

Wow, I can't believe you had so many doctors blow you off for so long. That's insane.

When our daughter was born, she went straight to the local neonatal ICU. It took a couple of weeks for us to recognize the seizures she was having, another couple to convince a nurse, and yet another couple for us and the nurse to get a doctor to listen! We quickly found, as you seem to have, that the newest, youngest, most inexperienced doctors are often the best ones to have on your side. When we are inpatient I am always grateful that CCHMC is a teaching hospital and we get residents to work with. They listen, they will admit they don't have an answer and will work to get the answer. Senior attendings often just go through their routines and condescend to you. After 11 years of frequent flyer miles to that same floor though, we have a reputation. No one pokes these bears anymore.

At any rate, glad you got some answers. Once you know what battle you are fighting you can focus on it and be more effective.

I'll read up on your PTR a bit later, but in the meantime welcome and enjoy the ride!
DIS Dads Club Member #503

Trip report at http://balloondoggle.blogspot.com/

Goofy is my hero!!
balloondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #82
Mom2mitokids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sure!

Great to know Thank you. I didn't even know they had a wish lounge when we went.

TR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40564833

http://www.facebook.com/HopeforKylee
Mom2mitokids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #83
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wowwie fast reply !! lolol we must be on near same time and thanks again for answering, thats now settled we will be bringing lunch with us daily saves on the hassle of looking thru menu's trying to figure out who can have what .. james (wish kiddo) can't have many many items long list, Kate (sister) can't have alot as well and she has an allergy to milk fat, My DH is lactose intolerant... I'm the only healthy one of the bunch.. physically anyways
I am not always that fast...yesterday was a slow work day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloondoggle View Post
Wow, I can't believe you had so many doctors blow you off for so long. That's insane.

When our daughter was born, she went straight to the local neonatal ICU. It took a couple of weeks for us to recognize the seizures she was having, another couple to convince a nurse, and yet another couple for us and the nurse to get a doctor to listen! We quickly found, as you seem to have, that the newest, youngest, most inexperienced doctors are often the best ones to have on your side. When we are inpatient I am always grateful that CCHMC is a teaching hospital and we get residents to work with. They listen, they will admit they don't have an answer and will work to get the answer. Senior attendings often just go through their routines and condescend to you. After 11 years of frequent flyer miles to that same floor though, we have a reputation. No one pokes these bears anymore.

At any rate, glad you got some answers. Once you know what battle you are fighting you can focus on it and be more effective.

I'll read up on your PTR a bit later, but in the meantime welcome and enjoy the ride!
This is SOOOO true!

I think when they are fresh out of school - having just learned everything and just payed attention to the latest - AND they don't have so many patients filling up their time and heads - that it is much easier to get them to really listen to the patient/parent. And I have found when they really listen they are able to do a great job in taking care of their patient.

Sadly - I think that erodes with time - especially if they are high in demand and seeing a lot of patients day in and day out. They certainly gain experience, which is definitely good, but it is still hard to get them to slow down long enough to really, really listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2mitokids View Post
Great to know Thank you. I didn't even know they had a wish lounge when we went.
Oh man! You should be good to go this time! They have one in the MK and a couple in Epcot (Epcot's are actually VIP lounges and are used by non-wish families rarely, too.)...

They should cover this in the GKTW orientation.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #84
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

If you do decide that you want to do a couple of restaurants at Disney, check out allearsnet.com They have almost all the menus for all counter and table service erstaurants and a lot of kiosk. That way you can determine if there is anything that will work with the family and still give you a fun dining experience. Also, I have heard that the Disney chefs really do a good job with dining restrictions...just note it on your reservations and mention to the hostess and your server.

Lynn
Old 08-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #85
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloondoggle View Post

Thanks for coming by and yes the new Dr's are soo wonderful and the one partic DR that finally listened to me has now since finished her clinical and is no longer a student but she still on her own time checks on James they formed a bond as my son knows she ultimatly saved him and he was her first serious patient that she made a difference to. I have had so many tell me they would not want an inexperienced DR, and I;'m with you on the idea i love a learning facility you have the experienced dr over seeing but you have the younger ones who want to be cautious more open to listening which gives you a better chance in the long run

Old 08-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #86
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am not always that fast...yesterday was a slow work day...
LOL YAY for slow work days and internet capability Where I use to work we had our slow times and was also able to have some me time on the internet. Wish I had known about this board back then would have been more fun then popping lil mini balloons

Old 08-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #87
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2mitokids View Post
thats what I love about this place, we get to learn from each others questions

Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #88
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post
If you do decide that you want to do a couple of restaurants at Disney, check out allearsnet.com They have almost all the menus for all counter and table service erstaurants and a lot of kiosk. That way you can determine if there is anything that will work with the family and still give you a fun dining experience. Also, I have heard that the Disney chefs really do a good job with dining restrictions...just note it on your reservations and mention to the hostess and your server.

Lynn
How cool is that, Thanks I have site book marked and tonight I will look through and see what I can come up with, might be a nice surprise for DS, DD and DH to take them out even if it's counter service What a treat that would be. Our big adventure for going out to eat at our house is maybe once a year we go to Arby's oh oh and once in a blue moon Subway hehehe
So ty for that site I'll definatluy spend some time on it tonight

Old 08-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #89
rcq925
Mouseketeer

I just found my way to your PTR! You have done lots of planning already! I will be along for the ride to watch in all you planning as we will be going shortly after you! I never even thought of taking lunch with us to the parks! That would save some money in the parks!

You have a beautiful family! So glad you guys are getting a wish trip

PTR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2450895

TR- Hayley's Magical Make A Wish Trip-
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post39032507
rcq925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #90
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Don't forget the Wish Lounges close early. I think at 7 if Im not mistaking. We got to the Wish lounge at MK 5 mins before the closed but long enough to sit and drink a bottle of water they have in the cooler there.
cantwaittoseemickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: