Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #61
Mom2mitokids
DIS Veteran
 
Mom2mitokids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 1,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'sMum View Post
To be honest I am still confused on all this myself, I know my sons wish granter was VERY Excited said its an amazing opportunity and is like a party other than that there is not much I can say about it , We are in the dark and think thats how they want to keep it atm, I did see a video looks quite exciting online about it from the gktw site, so for now I guess info on that will have to be in my TR, sorry I couldn't answer
I'll be waiting to hear all about it.
__________________
Kris.. Mommy to 5 kiddos...
Kerri-19,Korissa(wish Child) 17, Kyra 15, Steven 11, Kylee 8 (post wish child),
PTR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post37518385

TR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40564833

http://www.facebook.com/HopeforKylee
Mom2mitokids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #62
Mom2mitokids
DIS Veteran
 
Mom2mitokids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 1,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'sMum View Post
So as far as planning goes we do have one partic day scheduled LOL Sugar Ray will be in Epcot on October 6th for the international food and wine event, since the concerts are included in regular admission we really want to see that If even for one song lol he is an artist kiddos and I would dance around to while cleaning house together lol so 3 days are planned !

October 1 - Arrival day - chill at gktw once we get there to recover from traveling

October 2 -

October 3 -

October 4 -

October 5 -

October 6 - Epcot

October 7 - Sea World if time permitted - travel home that evening

well it's a start LOL
It's a start...lol
__________________
Kris.. Mommy to 5 kiddos...
Kerri-19,Korissa(wish Child) 17, Kyra 15, Steven 11, Kylee 8 (post wish child),
PTR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post37518385

TR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40564833

http://www.facebook.com/HopeforKylee
Mom2mitokids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #63
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran
 
cantwaittoseemickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,322

Hey there! I'm getting caught up to everyones ptr's . The WISH flight sounds so cool. I hope there is alot going on to take your mind off the flight. I had heard of it on here but other then that I dont know anything about it. I can't wait to read your tr though
cantwaittoseemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #64
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)
 
cajunfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: TN
Posts: 1,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'sMum View Post
So as far as planning goes we do have one partic day scheduled LOL Sugar Ray will be in Epcot on October 6th for the international food and wine event, since the concerts are included in regular admission we really want to see that If even for one song lol he is an artist kiddos and I would dance around to while cleaning house together lol so 3 days are planned !
You may want to ask at guest relations what time you should be back at the American Gardens theater for the concert...sometimes these can get a little crowded...if nothing else, you will be able to hear it if you are anywhere near it! Are you all planning on trying any of the food kiosks at Food & Wine Fest...last trip I went during this time and my gosh, I think we tried just about everything! Most we liked, some we didn't, but it was all interesting!

Lynn
__________________
cajunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #65
J'sMum
Mouseketeer
 
J'sMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post
You may want to ask at guest relations what time you should be back at the American Gardens theater for the concert...sometimes these can get a little crowded...if nothing else, you will be able to hear it if you are anywhere near it! Are you all planning on trying any of the food kiosks at Food & Wine Fest...last trip I went during this time and my gosh, I think we tried just about everything! Most we liked, some we didn't, but it was all interesting!

Lynn
Good Idea on asking Guest Relations , will definatly have to do that and i doubt we will taste test the foods because both kiddos have so many diet restrictions , DH and I tend to eat same way kiddos do just to make life easier but it is not ruled out
__________________
who: me DH DS(wish kiddo) 14 DD 17
PreTrip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2499099

Trip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38619970
Dance to the petals on the streams running down,
they're there for you singing, just to lose that frown.
Dance from the song you feel beat within your heart,
it beats within you naturally loving from the start.
J'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #66
Mom2mitokids
DIS Veteran
 
Mom2mitokids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 1,583

Seeing Sugar Ray will be cool.
__________________
Kris.. Mommy to 5 kiddos...
Kerri-19,Korissa(wish Child) 17, Kyra 15, Steven 11, Kylee 8 (post wish child),
PTR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post37518385

TR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40564833

http://www.facebook.com/HopeforKylee
Mom2mitokids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #67
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)
 
cajunfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: TN
Posts: 1,644

I am so sorry! I forgot about the diet restrictions!

Lynn
__________________
cajunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #68
Laurensmom2004
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central Arkansas
Posts: 70

Hello...late joining the ptr party but I'm here now!!!!!!
I've read thru most of your replies and didn't see an answer to a couple of things so I'll try to help.
I promise I'm trying to get my pics in order to start my TR lol

I saw where DD wants to do pick a pearl.......I highly suggest it!!!! It's actually one of Lauren's fave moments. We did Lauren's at this shop across from the Yakatori restaurant...this is in the World Pavilion at Epcot. Once you go in-it's easy to spot the counter (tons of oysters lol). The girls that work there are AWESOME. You pick an oyster, then they open it for you, size it, bang on this drum thing and sing a little song....so so so cute. They just loved Lauren so I had to get a pic!

Don't sweat missing the Christmas party too much. I'm not saying it's not great or anything like that at all. The best advice I can give you (that I got here too!) is to just go with the flow. Plans get changed no matter how hard you try for them not to....just be happy and go with it! I say this because.............Winter Wonderland at GKTW was one of the things I personally was most excited about. I had seen pics here and read stories etc. But our Thursday (Winter Wonderland day) just like all the days we were there (pretty much) just as it's time to start the bottom fell out. So there wasn't any street stuff going on like I had read about....no snow no little parade, etc. It did let up tho and a few characters (the mayor, gingerbread man, snow princess) were out and about in front of the Safari Theater. Inside was Santa (but Lauren was not having that), and of course she got to choose a present which they had quite a bit of great stuff to choose from. So all in all in my opinion don't worry too much about missing it. This place is so amazing and there is constantly stuff going on.....missing a thing or two there doesn't compare to what you will take in......hope that makes sense.

I hope the kiddos get and stay well and you keep having a blast planning!!!!!!! I'll be reading!!!
__________________
Lauren is going to Disney thanks to Make a Wish & Give Kids the World!!!!!! July 2010 www.caringbridge.org/ar/lauren
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36771548
Laurensmom2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:56 AM   #69
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran
 
cantwaittoseemickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurensmom2004 View Post
Hello...late joining the ptr party but I'm here now!!!!!!
I've read thru most of your replies and didn't see an answer to a couple of things so I'll try to help.
I promise I'm trying to get my pics in order to start my TR lol

I saw where DD wants to do pick a pearl.......I highly suggest it!!!! It's actually one of Lauren's fave moments. We did Lauren's at this shop across from the Yakatori restaurant...this is in the World Pavilion at Epcot. Once you go in-it's easy to spot the counter (tons of oysters lol). The girls that work there are AWESOME. You pick an oyster, then they open it for you, size it, bang on this drum thing and sing a little song....so so so cute. They just loved Lauren so I had to get a pic!

Don't sweat missing the Christmas party too much. I'm not saying it's not great or anything like that at all. The best advice I can give you (that I got here too!) is to just go with the flow. Plans get changed no matter how hard you try for them not to....just be happy and go with it! I say this because.............Winter Wonderland at GKTW was one of the things I personally was most excited about. I had seen pics here and read stories etc. But our Thursday (Winter Wonderland day) just like all the days we were there (pretty much) just as it's time to start the bottom fell out. So there wasn't any street stuff going on like I had read about....no snow no little parade, etc. It did let up tho and a few characters (the mayor, gingerbread man, snow princess) were out and about in front of the Safari Theater. Inside was Santa (but Lauren was not having that), and of course she got to choose a present which they had quite a bit of great stuff to choose from. So all in all in my opinion don't worry too much about missing it. This place is so amazing and there is constantly stuff going on.....missing a thing or two there doesn't compare to what you will take in......hope that makes sense.

I hope the kiddos get and stay well and you keep having a blast planning!!!!!!! I'll be reading!!!
100% agree with this.
cantwaittoseemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:57 PM   #70
Mom2mitokids
DIS Veteran
 
Mom2mitokids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 1,583

We got to GKTW just in time to eat something really fast and to see Santa. We missed all the other stuff.
__________________
Kris.. Mommy to 5 kiddos...
Kerri-19,Korissa(wish Child) 17, Kyra 15, Steven 11, Kylee 8 (post wish child),
PTR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post37518385

TR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40564833

http://www.facebook.com/HopeforKylee
Mom2mitokids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #71
J'sMum
Mouseketeer
 
J'sMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 375

Well It's been a busy few days I actually Missed the DisBoard !!! My goodness I think I am becoming addicted Anyways, DS and DD have decided what days we hope to do what, with the idea that plans could always change because our #1 rule will be to go with the flow



October 1 - Arrival day - chill at gktw once we get there to recover from traveling

October 2 - Animal Kingdom

October 3 - Magic kingdom

October 4 - harry potter world

October 5 - Universal

October 6 - Epcot

October 7 - Sea World if time permitted - travel home that evening

Whichever day at disney we have time for the hollywood studio's we will fit that in, So far our guess will be animal kingdom day. If we have enough funds we will add in the not so scary halloween but again thats also flexible.. LOL all else our TR will stay a surprise

We did find out that we will definatly be leaving the day prior to flying so tech we will be leaving on thursday the 30th and getting back home on the
8th We do not mind this at all because... well, even the trip to get to the airport is a trip within itself and that also allows us to take the latest flight out as possible on that last day which we now hope we can go to seaworld on crossing fingers for that one since we will not know flight times till near the last minute due to the wishflight.

We did decide not to do an adr definatly now, however i do have a question for someone thats been to gktw. Is it possible to get a lunch to go for the day or do you need to go back to eat there on premises, curious because if we can get sandwhiches to go then that wouldbe nice too picnic somewhere in the parks themselves, and if not, does the Walmart near gktw have food items like sandwhich meat bread etc? I know not all walmarts carry that stuff
__________________
who: me DH DS(wish kiddo) 14 DD 17
PreTrip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2499099

Trip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38619970
Dance to the petals on the streams running down,
they're there for you singing, just to lose that frown.
Dance from the song you feel beat within your heart,
it beats within you naturally loving from the start.
J'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #72
J'sMum
Mouseketeer
 
J'sMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2mitokids View Post
We got to GKTW just in time to eat something really fast and to see Santa. We missed all the other stuff.
Oh thats cool you got to see santa , we have crossed that off our list all together in hopes we have a late flight to add seaworld in soooo we are crossing fingers hoping for that
__________________
who: me DH DS(wish kiddo) 14 DD 17
PreTrip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2499099

Trip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38619970
Dance to the petals on the streams running down,
they're there for you singing, just to lose that frown.
Dance from the song you feel beat within your heart,
it beats within you naturally loving from the start.
J'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #73
J'sMum
Mouseketeer
 
J'sMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurensmom2004 View Post
Hello...late joining the ptr party but I'm here now!!!!!!
I've read thru most of your replies and didn't see an answer to a couple of things so I'll try to help.
I promise I'm trying to get my pics in order to start my TR lol

I saw where DD wants to do pick a pearl.......I highly suggest it!!!! It's actually one of Lauren's fave moments. We did Lauren's at this shop across from the Yakatori restaurant...this is in the World Pavilion at Epcot. Once you go in-it's easy to spot the counter (tons of oysters lol). The girls that work there are AWESOME. You pick an oyster, then they open it for you, size it, bang on this drum thing and sing a little song....so so so cute. They just loved Lauren so I had to get a pic!

Don't sweat missing the Christmas party too much. I'm not saying it's not great or anything like that at all. The best advice I can give you (that I got here too!) is to just go with the flow. Plans get changed no matter how hard you try for them not to....just be happy and go with it! I say this because.............Winter Wonderland at GKTW was one of the things I personally was most excited about. I had seen pics here and read stories etc. But our Thursday (Winter Wonderland day) just like all the days we were there (pretty much) just as it's time to start the bottom fell out. So there wasn't any street stuff going on like I had read about....no snow no little parade, etc. It did let up tho and a few characters (the mayor, gingerbread man, snow princess) were out and about in front of the Safari Theater. Inside was Santa (but Lauren was not having that), and of course she got to choose a present which they had quite a bit of great stuff to choose from. So all in all in my opinion don't worry too much about missing it. This place is so amazing and there is constantly stuff going on.....missing a thing or two there doesn't compare to what you will take in......hope that makes sense.

I hope the kiddos get and stay well and you keep having a blast planning!!!!!!! I'll be reading!!!
Thanks for the pearl info , we have decided that we will 100% do so in epcot where seaworld is up in air good to know that they do something special with it , some reason i was under impression it was just pick n go and seaworld made a huge deal sooo exciting
__________________
who: me DH DS(wish kiddo) 14 DD 17
PreTrip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2499099

Trip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38619970
Dance to the petals on the streams running down,
they're there for you singing, just to lose that frown.
Dance from the song you feel beat within your heart,
it beats within you naturally loving from the start.
J'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #74
J'sMum
Mouseketeer
 
J'sMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post
I am so sorry! I forgot about the diet restrictions!

Lynn
Oh my goodness noooo problems, I don't expect you to remember everything !! hehe oh lordy I would be in some serious trouble if I was expected to
__________________
who: me DH DS(wish kiddo) 14 DD 17
PreTrip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2499099

Trip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38619970
Dance to the petals on the streams running down,
they're there for you singing, just to lose that frown.
Dance from the song you feel beat within your heart,
it beats within you naturally loving from the start.
J'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #75
xanphylus
DIS Veteran
 
xanphylus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 1,358

Just wanted to pop in and say HI!

Plans look good to me so far. I like the go with the flow. That's all we really did on our trip. We didn't plan every minute- couldn't! We picked a park, had everyone's must do's and an ADR because we had free dining. That was it! I did plan DS's first haircut though, and MNSSHP of course! But I swear- that's it! lol

I agree- a trip to the airport is a trip in itself. We have to go to the airport tomorrow afternoon to pick up DD. She comes home from her mom's house for the beginning of school. ACK! School starts in a week here!!!
__________________
1994- Off site, 2007- Off site, 2009- PoP Century, 2010- Canceled, 2011- Canceled AGAIN

Trip Report: Davys in Wonderland- A baby's View of Disney
PTR: Come on kids- we're going to DisneyWorld!!!

xanphylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.