Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #31
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanphylus View Post
Wow! The wish flight should be extra cool! I can't even imagine!! Congrats on that one- and you will have to explain more about it too! I know there is a plane that takes a bunch of Wish Kids- but tell me more!!!
I would tell you more but I have no clue what to expect Only description we have been given so far is; " it's like a party in the air"
So when it comes time for a TR I will definatly have a section in there about that.

The list of must do's from the kids have started to come in -
Kids List;

Mad Tea Party
Kali River Rapids
Star Tours
Test Track
Big Thunder Mountain
These ones are my DS (wish kiddos choice)

Haunted mansion
Imageworks Seas w/finding Nemo
sourin
imagination pavillion innoventions
Discovery Island Trails
National Treasure

These ones are my DD's choice

It was so cute listening to them talk about what was thier favorites by looking at the disney site

We did go in and order the maps from the disney site (no printer otherwise I would have just printed) so now kids keep checking the mail daily for those Yay

Least my DS seems to be holding up well today no nap !!!
I love the days where my DS seems to act like an atypical teen. I find myself giggling at some of the parents that have kiddos same age when they get soo upset over something as silly as a hairstyle ... Yep my sons hair is long .. do i like it? nope do i want to complain about it heck noooo lol i;m happy he has some again so if he wants long he can have it

Starting to wonder if i should have had the nickname babblemum

Trip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38619970
Dance to the petals on the streams running down,
they're there for you singing, just to lose that frown.
Dance from the song you feel beat within your heart,
it beats within you naturally loving from the start.
J'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:46 PM   #32
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

I am the queen of babbling about absolutely nothing for the longest periods of time! Feel free to join me in my queenship!

I feel you on the hair thing- I did everything under the sun to my own hair, so why would I care how my kid does theirs? At least hair typically grows back!

And their list so far is completely doable!! Easy peasy, lemon squeezey as Wilson says on Chuggington. My DS is a train junkie and that is his fav show!

Just list everything out by park and look at your maps for a general direction and list them in order. We also ordered the maps- they are great! Siper nice maps you can keep for a long time! Big maps and stickers too! We each took a different sticker type and put them on the maps for our must do's for each person. It was cute and made it seem so much more real!

Sounds like you guys are having a blast planning! Keep going and roll with what the kiddos want. You will be able to do so much more than you think with those passes you guys get. The green light GAC sounds like a great thing for Wish families!

Trip Report: Davys in Wonderland- A baby's View of Disney
PTR: Come on kids- we're going to DisneyWorld!!!

xanphylus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #33
maroo
DIS Veteran

Tee Hee. Wish Flight is a big secret!

I will tell you, though, that it involves a LOT of airplanes. Not just one.

Just go with it...you guys will have a blast!
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #34
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Tee Hee. Wish Flight is a big secret!

I will tell you, though, that it involves a LOT of airplanes. Not just one.

Just go with it...you guys will have a blast!
thats what DH and I are going to do. We've come to the conclusion that while yes I am doing the blogging the kiddos are tag teaming the actual planning as far as what days we do what and where

I think atm I have about 20 Lists going.. what to pack .. what to have on plane.. med list for entire house... etc etc etc

Do have a question about rides.. Say for example we are on a ride we'll use sourin for this example cause i have heard many people say they went back in line to ride it multiple times .. can you ride it back to back? or? I;m asking because my DS is the type if he realllly enjoyed he will want to do it again so i;m trying to see if we should avoid doing that or if it is acceptable to let him do so

Old 07-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #35
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

It's a silly lil update but I got the chance to check my e-mail today and the mailing confirmation for the disney maps came in and the maps were mailed yesterday. Such a lil thing it might be but this might make this all feel a bit more real for my son. He has moments where he asks me is this really happening. so to have something tangable will give him that momentum to be excited.
His Crohn's is definatly no longer in remission I was hoping it was just a small glitch with him being ill but as the days go by I have noticed him being more tired again and he keeps getting those odd hickey like bruises broken blood vessels I guess and Pain Nothing we can do to change that at this point.So its a very bland diet again until his next treatment which will be on August 11th. Those days always make me nervous !!! But thankfully my DH's Mum has started coming with me while James has his treatments. My anxiety stays a bit better with her around and I am so greatful for all she does for us. Last Treatment she was so sweet and packed a lunch for herself, my daughter and I. What a treat that was.

So anyways DISNEY MAPS that will help make this all a step closer to real. If you knew us you would understand why we are all having a hard time beleiving something so fantastic is about to happen. If we didnt have bad luck we would have none Pssst.. Least we have some sorta luck LOL ok bad luck is still luck no? hehe

Old 07-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #36
wish_upon_a_star35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'sMum View Post
thats what DH and I are going to do. We've come to the conclusion that while yes I am doing the blogging the kiddos are tag teaming the actual planning as far as what days we do what and where

I think atm I have about 20 Lists going.. what to pack .. what to have on plane.. med list for entire house... etc etc etc

Do have a question about rides.. Say for example we are on a ride we'll use sourin for this example cause i have heard many people say they went back in line to ride it multiple times .. can you ride it back to back? or? I;m asking because my DS is the type if he realllly enjoyed he will want to do it again so i;m trying to see if we should avoid doing that or if it is acceptable to let him do so
Hello! Just wanted to say a late but heartfelt welcome! I'm very excited for your family and your upcoming wish trip! This site has a great deal of information feel free to ask away!

My family went on my son's wish trip last month and I have to say that there were quite a few rides that we got to ride multiple times back to back! A lot of CM's are really nice and don't mind at all! That really helped make our trip extra special because my son is only three and there were a lot of rides that he was too small for. So the rides that he could ride and enjoy, he really wanted to to ride them over and over again!

My PTR Link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35960268

We're home! Our June TR!:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2502990

We are REALLY going to the castle!! A May 2012 Trip Report!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927349
wish_upon_a_star35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #37
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish_upon_a_star35 View Post
Hello! Just wanted to say a late but heartfelt welcome! I'm very excited for your family and your upcoming wish trip! This site has a great deal of information feel free to ask away!

My family went on my son's wish trip last month and I have to say that there were quite a few rides that we got to ride multiple times back to back! A lot of CM's are really nice and don't mind at all! That really helped make our trip extra special because my son is only three and there were a lot of rides that he was too small for. So the rides that he could ride and enjoy, he really wanted to to ride them over and over again!
Thank you also thank you for answering my question My DS(wish kiddo) was telling me today while we were dreaming over disney that he would not mind getting off and get back in line so others have a fair chance to ride too, so i was trying to let him know a lil bit that where he gets tired easier and hurts a bit more then average joe that it might be ok this time to take double turns.. Nope he says he would not feel fair doing that. a turn is a turn so I will not push him on that one.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:02 AM   #38
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Talking about hurting,
We tried to do a local beach trip today and that did not work out so well, so here I sit in middle of night watching my kiddo sleep... I figured snce I was up i could pop on here and babble a bit more

So My ds was not feeling up to par today but wanted to try and see the ocean just the same. DD had an orthodontics appt as well today which brought us 1/2 way to the ocean. So, we decided we would simply go the rest of the way to sneak a peak at the "world drop off". It's something we have always said about the oceam. I was only able to get 2 pics as atm I am borrowing a camera and well I am always cautious when borrowing since my DD and i can be so graceful. A beach has so many chances for error.. sand and water etc... We are so graceful that we would have dropped it in water or a seagull would have drug it off oh wait that was the chips....
so we climbed a small island, drew a giant cat in the sand for the passing planes to see and then went back to blanket for snack.., Shortly after snack my DS's crohns decided to peak its ugly head in so shortly after having his snack, we needed to call it a day.

So here is the giant cat

and here is DD and DS both being SHY

Old 07-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #39
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think it is definitely possible to ride some things over and over - but Soarin' is one example of one that may be more difficult. Because of the way they load it - they would have already organized the next group to come in right as the ride is finished and will be numbered off to sit in certain seats.

But it never hurts to ask. Most rides, I would think, you would be able to ride again. We were able to ride Peter Pan several times - partly because it was so hard to get Lauren on and off.

At the worst, you would be able to back through the Fast Pass line to ride again.

Space Mountain is one that I would think would be hard to ride over and over - because the exit is not where the entrance is?? But I am just guessing...I have never desired a back to back ride on that.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #40
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
I think it is definitely possible to ride some things over and over - but Soarin' is one example of one that may be more difficult. Because of the way they load it - they would have already organized the next group to come in right as the ride is finished and will be numbered off to sit in certain seats.

But it never hurts to ask. Most rides, I would think, you would be able to ride again. We were able to ride Peter Pan several times - partly because it was so hard to get Lauren on and off.

At the worst, you would be able to back through the Fast Pass line to ride again.

Space Mountain is one that I would think would be hard to ride over and over - because the exit is not where the entrance is?? But I am just guessing...I have never desired a back to back ride on that.
Thanks for answering J's decided that on all rides we will get off and if he really wants to go again just get back in line small things like that still always makes me so proud

Again Maroo Thank you for everything you do for all of us here you have been a godsend as far as planning and answering questions !!
Have enjoyed all your trip reports

Old 07-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #41
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

I love your cat drawing! It looks like a beautiful place.I'm sorry his Crohn's kicked in while you were at the beach.
cantwaittoseemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #42
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaittoseemickey View Post
I love your cat drawing! It looks like a beautiful place.I'm sorry his Crohn's kicked in while you were at the beach.
Thanks we always get some odd looks while doing that but who cares ! we have so much fun while we do hehehe we want to try a bigger one this fall when beach is a bit empty I should call guiness and say we want to do the largest cat drawing

Old 07-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #43
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Another update
My sons wish granter was here today for a visit ! wowwie was she ever so sweet!! she picked lunch up for all of us. It was J's favorite of course... Pizza So we talked over lunch. I was shocked when she came in and gave the kids each gifts. I didn't even think to take a picture or I would have! We are borrowing my DH's mum's camera atm so I am not used to haveing one in reach. ah well maybe next time She even picked up the Birnbaums Guides to Walt Disney World 2010 sooooooo exciting because it's been recomended several times Don't know who was more excited about that my DD my DS or myself... Think that one might be a 3 way tie

Did find out for the day we are due to head home from GKTW/Disney, that she can request a late flight home !! So, that means we can count the day we leave as a day to use and maybe even do the xmas party. If we do it will be a bonus but we will not count on it.

I also need to share this;
she is going above and beyond on something else and I will forever be greatful , I am going to guess this is what you refer to as pixie dust and it's not even wish trip related. Long story short about a year ago we lost everything in our house. My kiddos were literally left with nothing and little by little we have been trying to replace what we can. My daughter has been without a bed for almost a year, end of next month will be a full year. A neighbor has given us a bed frame for her, it's old and antique but so gorgeous. However, we still had no matress. she has been the best kiddo, not a single complaint. Today my sons wish granter said she can help us with that for her. Now I could have about fell over. I did not cry while she was here but after she left and while I was alone I definatly had a good cry, mixed emotion cry, Happy that DD will have a bed finally, releived that she will have something she needs, embaressed that I have not been able to supply her one as of yet etc etc etc... Normally I would not speak of this to anyone but I had to share what I beleive may just be a pixie dust moment. I am awe struck at the generosity and so thankful on so many levels. Now to figure out a way to thank her for all she has been doing and what she will do because I have never met someone like her to be honest. I pray in the future I can pay this forward somehow someway.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:25 PM   #44
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for answering J's decided that on all rides we will get off and if he really wants to go again just get back in line small things like that still always makes me so proud

Again Maroo Thank you for everything you do for all of us here you have been a godsend as far as planning and answering questions !!
Have enjoyed all your trip reports
You are so very welcome. I promise I get a lot more out of hanging out here than anyone I am trying to help.

Quote:
Another update
My sons wish granter was here today for a visit ! wowwie was she ever so sweet!! she picked lunch up for all of us. It was J's favorite of course... Pizza So we talked over lunch. I was shocked when she came in and gave the kids each gifts. I didn't even think to take a picture or I would have! We are borrowing my DH's mum's camera atm so I am not used to haveing one in reach. ah well maybe next time She even picked up the Birnbaums Guides to Walt Disney World 2010 sooooooo exciting because it's been recomended several times Don't know who was more excited about that my DD my DS or myself... Think that one might be a 3 way tie

Did find out for the day we are due to head home from GKTW/Disney, that she can request a late flight home !! So, that means we can count the day we leave as a day to use and maybe even do the xmas party. If we do it will be a bonus but we will not count on it.

she is going above and beyond on something else and I will forever be greatful , I am going to guess this is what you refer to as pixie dust and it's not even wish trip related. Long story short about a year ago we lost everything in our house. My kiddos were literally left with nothing and little by little we have been trying to replace what we can. My daughter has been without a bed for almost a year, end of next month will be a full year. A neighbor has given us a bed frame for her, it's old and antique but so gorgeous. However, we still had no matress. she has been the best kiddo, not a single complaint. Today my sons wish granter said she can help us with that for her. Now I could have about fell over. I did not cry while she was here but after she left and while I was alone I definatly had a good cry, mixed emotion cry, Happy that DD will have a bed finally, releived that she will have something she needs, embaressed that I have not been able to supply her one as of yet etc etc etc... Normally I would not speak of this to anyone but I had to share what I beleive may just be a pixie dust moment. I am awe struck at the generosity and so thankful on so many levels. Now to figure out a way to thank her for all she has been doing and what she will do because I have never met someone like her to be honest. I pray in the future I can pay this forward somehow someway.
Gosh - you have me crying!

Bless your heart.

Our church has been trying to help some families from a tornado here and they are all missing the basics - what a hard place to be in.

I am so glad that they are helping you guys!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #45
casper_jj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Another update

My heart goes out to you. This is such a hard position to be in. I'm so happy to hear the wish foundation is going to help. That's so amazing!

Its great to hear they're going to book the last flight out on your last day. That will really give you an extra day. You mentioned doing the Christmas party. Maybe I misunderstood but it seemed like you may book it for the last day... I wouldn't do that because you're still going to need to leave a bit earlier to get to the airport and checked in. It would give you an extra day though if you did the Christmas party earlier in the week and then had an extra day for MK or another park that you could use on your last day until you need to leave for the airport.
Princess Sydney's Magical Wish Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38079645
casper_jj11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: