Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #151
maroo
DIS Veteran

Aw man!! So sorry about the possible surgery! When I first read your post I was afraid it was a kidney stone...... EEK!

I have had the gallbladder surgery. It really wasn't bad at all. The surgeon was a personal friend of mine and he said he took his time...took him 22 minutes.

I was back at work the next week.

You will be good as new for your trip! I am sure glad they figured it out before you ate Disney food. A gallbladder attack on your trip would have been crummy!!
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #152
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanphylus View Post
Oh my gosh!! Karma is a ____! You fill in the blank here please...
My sister in law just had her gall bladder out like 2 months ago. She lost weight like no man's business afterwards..... hmmmm..... maybe I need my gall bladder taken out too! I dunno if you ever looked at my TR, but I don't have the most flattering figure....

I hope it all goes well- and that bites that it happens now, right before the trip. But at least it wasn't during the trip!

Did they ever help you find a mattress for DD yet? I hope so! We had to get a new box spring the other month and that about killed us savings wise. And even worse- they cut DH's hours, so no overtime.... but anyway- enough about me!

Let us know how the meeting goes with your wish granter. Glad DS is excited!
Well I ended back up at the ER again last night BLECH !! But Good news is it's not my GallBladder. Turns out that a stomach ulcer I was diagnosed with over a year ago is giving me complications and is a wee bit larger and I am all blocked up due to that. Soooo I am thrilled I do not have to have any type of surgery at this point, there is one area of colon they are going to keep an eye on but if i clean myself out all should be good... Thank God

My sons coordinater e-mailed me and she will be coming down at some point on Thursday, she does not know what time and she did in fact find Katelynn a bed The 18th of this month will be a full year since my kiddos lost everything soo How fitting that the 19th fresh new start of a year since choas happened and she will have what she needs I'm so greatful about this that I could cry (already have lol) releif !

Ugh @ overtime loss thats sooo fustrating, they do that to my DH frequently atm there is a no overtime policy so if day takes longer it's unpaid blech. economy is silly crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulseasmama View Post
Just got caught up reading all the great info on your PTR. Looks like you all have a great plan for your time in the parks and the wish flight seems like it is a pretty exciting deal. AWESOME! I hope you are feeling better and I can't wait to continue following your planning for your trip.
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post
Oh my gosh about the gall bladder!!! But, I do have to say, I have been there, done that! I had mine out on the Wednesday before a Thanksgiving and was shopping with all the other crazy people on the Friday after Thanksgiving. So, if they can do it laproscopically(sp??), it is a fairly quick recovery. Watch eating salads until then..that triggered my episodes in addition to fat. BTW, I lost no weight!

Hopefully, everything will turn out great!!

Lynn
Wowwie ! really You must be one tough cookie because if i had anything done on wed it would prob be next wed after before i did much.. But since i have not had anything done to me since i was 4 i honestly dont know, I am releived i dont have to have any type of surgery hopefully ... I am a wimp ! and the thought was scary lol .. My kids are tougher than i am Obviously

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgpiglet View Post
I'm just joining in here, glad your son's latest treatment went well and excited that you got picked for the Big Give. I'm excited to hear more about your plans and then hear about your trip when you get back.
Thank You , I feel honored that they chose us as a family, and excited to see kiddo's reactions EEEE I;m excited about everything that has to do with this trip, Kids will have a chance to be kids again !! And so glad your here to follow along

To everyone

Trip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38619970
Dance to the petals on the streams running down,
they're there for you singing, just to lose that frown.
Dance from the song you feel beat within your heart,
it beats within you naturally loving from the start.
J'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #153
hgpiglet
Earning My Ears

I'm glad to hear that you won't have to have surgery!!!!! That has to be a relief. I know with all the stress of my kids health problems my health has gone on the back burner, but I've got 2 Dr. apt next week to try and take care of some of my health issues.
Elyssa 7
Katlyn 4
hgpiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #154
Mom2mitokids
DIS Veteran

OMG... I'm so sorry to be reading this. I'm glad to hear you don't need surgery though. I can tell you what...GoLyte works well. Kylee lost 3 lbs on that stuff. I sure can use a good clean out. I hope you feel better soon.

glad to hear J's volunteer is coming on Thursday.

TR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40564833

http://www.facebook.com/HopeforKylee
Mom2mitokids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:52 PM   #155
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Aw man!! So sorry about the possible surgery! When I first read your post I was afraid it was a kidney stone...... EEK!

I have had the gallbladder surgery. It really wasn't bad at all. The surgeon was a personal friend of mine and he said he took his time...took him 22 minutes.

I was back at work the next week.

You will be good as new for your trip! I am sure glad they figured it out before you ate Disney food. A gallbladder attack on your trip would have been crummy!!
Hoping they get things figured out - goodness I have slept all day unlike me!

Owwie on gallblader Maroo !! but glad it went good

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgpiglet View Post
I'm glad to hear that you won't have to have surgery!!!!! That has to be a relief. I know with all the stress of my kids health problems my health has gone on the back burner, but I've got 2 Dr. apt next week to try and take care of some of my health issues.
Yep very common that as kiddos tend to take a bit of extra care we seem to neglect ourselves.... OOowee I think i need to start paying a little more attention to that, as one of the nurses told me , By neglecting myself look where i was.. and i had to toss kids at a neighbors house and missed a whole weekend with them ! Glad you have Dr's appt and hope it goes well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2mitokids View Post
OMG... I'm so sorry to be reading this. I'm glad to hear you don't need surgery though. I can tell you what...GoLyte works well. Kylee lost 3 lbs on that stuff. I sure can use a good clean out. I hope you feel better soon.

glad to hear J's volunteer is coming on Thursday.
Thanks so far i have had 5 laxatives , 1 small bottle of miralax and nada... I have to tell you, i had no idea what these kiddos go thru with digestive problems until now, my empathy for them has increased 10 fold thats for sure. Like with my son, every once in an eon it happens to him where he gets a blockage.. I just had no idea really

I'm excited for kids to have her come they have been so worried about me and thats never good for them to worry so hopefully it will ease things for them and let them have fun

--------

We should know plane tickets time in a week or two.. I know I am looking forward to knowing will make this all so much more real !! You would think that the airline would have a good idea of flight times by now where wishflight is coming so soon !! hehe

I am still flabbergasted at everything a wish coordinater does, Like I e-mailed to my sons, it just amazes me how she balances her time to tend to her own kiddos, work, plan our vacation while planning her vacation all while in middle of just living life. Such caring hearts so many have. I know one of my goals will be to be able to repay all this forward right now is not the right time finiacially or time wise, but as kiddos get out on thier own later on and things settle I do so look forward to doing that. It will be so much fun !!

Oh and an odd odd thing happened today I just woke up a little bit ago so i am tiding up the kitchen from kids making thier lunches and just puttering a bit. I had left a mess on my table from my purse ( was looking for a partic paper dr gave me. and when i found it i was tired so went to lay down.) anyways.. i have been in an out of kitchen/dining several times finally looked at purse noticed something odd sitting on top.. It was a kitten knick knack in a small bubble wrap bag... I asked my daughter if my neighbor had been over and she said nope. Not too many people know i collect cat knick knacks so i presumed it would have been her.. katelynn swears it wasn't.. so now i have a mystery present left on my table and i was asleep when whomever come in and left it.. Very Odd

Old 08-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #156
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Mystery presents are always cool.... but I don't get what it is really... I got a kitty of some sort. lol

Hope you have a great day! Feeling any better? Beyond the back-up if ya know what I mean....

ps- we booked a trip!!! Not until next year though, but we can't afford one right now. This gives a year to pay for it!! It will be for DD's birthday- but 6 months late. I asked her if she wanted a big present for her birthday, or if she wanted to wait 6 months longer and she could have an even bigger present. Of course, she chose the bigger one! Hurray!!!

Trip Report: Davys in Wonderland- A baby's View of Disney
PTR: Come on kids- we're going to DisneyWorld!!!

xanphylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #157
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Mystery presents are always cool.... but I don't get what it is really... I got a kitty of some sort. lol

Hope you have a great day! Feeling any better? Beyond the back-up if ya know what I mean....

ps- we booked a trip!!! Not until next year though, but we can't afford one right now. This gives a year to pay for it!! It will be for DD's birthday- but 6 months late. I asked her if she wanted a big present for her birthday, or if she wanted to wait 6 months longer and she could have an even bigger present. Of course, she chose the bigger one! Hurray!!!
Oh YAY !! and how cute she has teh patience to wait and extra 6 months my son has teh patience but my daughter would not lol , booked a trip to disney? or? and if so will you be doing a PTR ? LOL I know 100% after james trip I will still be here on Disboards because I love it

I am a little better today less pain anyways and the extra rest i think is helping I am going to try and borrow my Mom in laws camera today or tomorrow, I will take a picture of the mystery present, LOL It is a kitten in like a blue sock almost like an xmas ornament Very Cute and thoughtful.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #158
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'sMum View Post
Oh YAY !! and how cute she has teh patience to wait and extra 6 months my son has teh patience but my daughter would not lol , booked a trip to disney? or? and if so will you be doing a PTR ? LOL I know 100% after james trip I will still be here on Disboards because I love it

I am a little better today less pain anyways and the extra rest i think is helping I am going to try and borrow my Mom in laws camera today or tomorrow, I will take a picture of the mystery present, LOL It is a kitten in like a blue sock almost like an xmas ornament Very Cute and thoughtful.
Actually- she has no idea what she has the patience for, but yes- she has the patience for a bigger present! lol. And yes! I have a PTR already. It's at the bottom of my siggy. Also- it was going to be a Feb trip, so don't be confused at first. It was a lot of drama in my house to get to this point..... No one has written anything on the PTR but me, so I will just keep it for myself if I have to . It's nice to have a vent sometimes.

Glad you are feeling better! Do you like kitties? I love kitties! It was also one of my son's first words. He calls every animal a kitty now. He is a sweetie and LOVES his kitties. We have lots of kitty things through our house now and he loves to ready kitty books too! Can't wait to see a pick!

Old 08-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #159
Mom2mitokids
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You better stick around... I have 6 months for our trip when you get back

TR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40564833

http://www.facebook.com/HopeforKylee
Mom2mitokids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #160
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Actually- she has no idea what she has the patience for, but yes- she has the patience for a bigger present! lol. And yes! I have a PTR already. It's at the bottom of my siggy. Also- it was going to be a Feb trip, so don't be confused at first. It was a lot of drama in my house to get to this point..... No one has written anything on the PTR but me, so I will just keep it for myself if I have to . It's nice to have a vent sometimes.

Glad you are feeling better! Do you like kitties? I love kitties! It was also one of my son's first words. He calls every animal a kitty now. He is a sweetie and LOVES his kitties. We have lots of kitty things through our house now and he loves to ready kitty books too! Can't wait to see a pick!
Venting is such a beautiful thing !!! releases alot and lordy don;t we have alot to vent about hahaha

Oh Goodness how cute for one of his first words ! My daughters fav was "whats that?" lol she must have said that for 2 yrs straight on everything ! My son well he just didnt hush up once he started talking LOL and yes I love cat/kitten anything i collect cat and kitten knick knacks love the old ones from yard sales etc hehe i try hard not to collect real kittens ! but i have 2 yellow beautiful cats , one is very dainty other is HUGE and triple paw'd I'll see if i can find a pic hehe Love showing them off hahaha
I never did make it to my Mum's to borrow camera yet which is a bummer , i was hoping to have camera for when James wish coordinater was here, but thats ok will borrow it soon So cute too my daughter is going to make a coffee cake and iced tea for the visit sounds like alot will be here, One of the head women from Dream Factory of Maine will be here, I think she is one of the head women , she is the first one i spoke to a couple years ago so excited to have a few with her to thank her for remembering us 5 people I do beleive will be coming Been awhile since i had that many in house other then teenagers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2mitokids View Post
You better stick around... I have 6 months for our trip when you get back
Oh you better beleive I WILL I can not deny that I am drawn into this place to the point of addiction and I LOVE it . Surprises me how well bonds can be made here as well My DH and I was talking and decided that we pretty well know that we will want to go back after this trip, will be a long time before we do but thats ok ! we can be here listen in on new PTR's and TR's while we wait and dream hehe
Hard to beleive we have been together for 23 yrs .. married for 15 of them I would love to dream the idea that we could go on our personal 25th anniversary (from when we started dating in 7th grade) but realistically we could shoot for our 20th wedding anniversary .. LOL look at me thinking way beyond James' trip and onto another hahaha Just love the idea we do have ability to dream

Old 08-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #161
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

So I was thinking about packing list -
Will be my next project to think about for the next week,
I love the idea everyone has given for putting outfits in gallon size plastic bags, I am definatly going to make that a must besides will be perfect to carry an extra outfot to parks with, just never know when you will need it

I love the idea that laundry can be done at GKTW, means Hopefully we can have clean laundry other than current day items for when we get home ..

You know I will MISS my puppy while we are gone he's my definate protector hehe Luckily he loves going to "grammy & grampa's house" LOL with kids and hospital trips he's had to go a few times and they treat him just like he's a grandchild love it he even knows Grammy vs Grampa when you say it.. So i will have to pack him a bag too.

Cats my daughters BF will take care of them .. still hard to beleive she has a BF. She has chosen not to date all this time until a few weeks ago, luckily he;s a great kiddo has a few issues of his own but so down to earth friends with my son as well so works out great

So this is my list so far
(everyone) -
Clothes
Underwear
Socks
Jamma's
Sweatshirt (we get chilly easy)
Medicines
Toothbrushes - Floss- Toothpaste
Deodorant
Beach Towel

extra's -
Mini hair straighter - Must have for me lol I have long hair and well it wants to turn into ringlets which means i must straighten my bangs LOL otherwise I just look like a sheep dog hahahaha

Make up for DD and I ... her more then me. this girl will put make up on to stay home sick .. makes me giggle

We will have to stop in at wally world down there to grab Mouth wash and some pantene conditioner ..

Nebulizer in case kids need.

ATM thats all I can honestly think of, My hope is to pack as light as possible

LOL I have such a fitting song in my head atm.. Airplanes B.O.B. "Can we pretend that airplanes in the sky are like shooting stars.. I could really use a wish right now wish right now wish right now"

Old 08-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #162
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Venting is such a beautiful thing !!! releases alot and lordy don;t we have alot to vent about hahaha

Oh Goodness how cute for one of his first words ! My daughters fav was "whats that?" lol she must have said that for 2 yrs straight on everything ! My son well he just didnt hush up once he started talking LOL and yes I love cat/kitten anything i collect cat and kitten knick knacks love the old ones from yard sales etc hehe i try hard not to collect real kittens ! but i have 2 yellow beautiful cats , one is very dainty other is HUGE and triple paw'd I'll see if i can find a pic hehe Love showing them off hahaha
I never did make it to my Mum's to borrow camera yet which is a bummer , i was hoping to have camera for when James wish coordinater was here, but thats ok will borrow it soon So cute too my daughter is going to make a coffee cake and iced tea for the visit sounds like alot will be here, One of the head women from Dream Factory of Maine will be here, I think she is one of the head women , she is the first one i spoke to a couple years ago so excited to have a few with her to thank her for remembering us 5 people I do beleive will be coming Been awhile since i had that many in house other then teenagers

Oh you better beleive I WILL I can not deny that I am drawn into this place to the point of addiction and I LOVE it . Surprises me how well bonds can be made here as well My DH and I was talking and decided that we pretty well know that we will want to go back after this trip, will be a long time before we do but thats ok ! we can be here listen in on new PTR's and TR's while we wait and dream hehe
Hard to beleive we have been together for 23 yrs .. married for 15 of them I would love to dream the idea that we could go on our personal 25th anniversary (from when we started dating in 7th grade) but realistically we could shoot for our 20th wedding anniversary .. LOL look at me thinking way beyond James' trip and onto another hahaha Just love the idea we do have ability to dream

Venting is a very necessary thing. Esp as a stay at home mommy right now. I don't get out much. lol. I am so sick of trains right now, it's not even funny. Davy has an obsession with them and I love that boy, but if I have to watch that video twice a day much longer....... yeah, that was a good vent! I wish I could buy him a new train video, but they are expensive.

I love that your daughter's fav was what's that? That's my Davy too! That was his first sentence and he still says it constantly. Too cute. Our big talker is Aleks-which is funny, since when she first came to me, she didn't say much of anything. Now, with her new confidence and stuff- she won't shut up!

And dreams are a good thing. We took a family trip Sept 2009, our next will be Sept 2011. If you can't dream- you have nothing. I have canceled 2 trips already, and who knows- this one may be canceled too. You just never know what may happen. But at least I can dream about the trips and read about everyone else's here on the Dis. I bet you will make it to your next trip sooner than you think! I bet you have lots of people on here and elsewhere praying for you and sending good wishes and those are great to dream on! (Another Anne moment there......)

Old 08-19-2010, 09:23 AM   #163
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Well, I have mentioned that I would try and get some photo's up so here goes !

This is me with one of my kitties , Pimp Daddy Sassy Boy ( he was named sassy cause we thought he was a girlie... Surprise it was a boy !

This is the Wish Boy My daughter loves to tak Pics and this is one of hers

This is Kate Um I told her to go fly a Kite... thats what I got

This is one of the comics that I have laughed about since I was A lil Girl and it also even gets my Kids laughing, we will say stuff like this when we are teasing each other

Well THis is my evil xray that caused me so much pain ! looks Creepy no clue why i shared that but here ya go.. Guess I am just full of it

Old 08-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #164
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Nice x-ray!

I love your pimp daddy kitty! Great name! I may need to post a pick of my fur baby now too!

Old 08-19-2010, 09:13 PM   #165
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

joining in! We actually will be up in Maine this weekend!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: