Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #121
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Photopass CD has arrived!

So here are the pictures from Day 2. Just remember we'd spent the night on a train and still hadn't gotten a room to freshen up in. (Still I should have paid more attention to my hair)

Old 07-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #122
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I have never gotten a fastpass for TSM. We always seem to go two days to Hollywood Studios for Rope Drop or at least once for PM EMH, so we just do the regular queue and live with two rides. I think for us, the plan works best.

It's nice getting to see the queue for TSM. I think when Star Tours has finished its refurb, the TSM group will be cut down immensely. Our only problem will be then deciding where to go.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #123
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

And your photopass pictures are so cute! Thanks for sharing them!

Old 07-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #124
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran

Love the FP pics. It is nice that it was cloudy. The sun isn't shining right in your eyes.

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

Old 07-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #125
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

I like your FP pics! You look great!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 07-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #126
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I have never gotten a fastpass for TSM. We always seem to go two days to Hollywood Studios for Rope Drop or at least once for PM EMH, so we just do the regular queue and live with two rides. I think for us, the plan works best.

It's nice getting to see the queue for TSM. I think when Star Tours has finished its refurb, the TSM group will be cut down immensely. Our only problem will be then deciding where to go.
I hadn't thought about the impact that the Star Tours rehab will have on the rope drop crowd, but you may be right. I bet Star Tours will become much harder to get on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
And your photopass pictures are so cute! Thanks for sharing them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planning fanatic mom View Post
Love the FP pics. It is nice that it was cloudy. The sun isn't shining right in your eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I like your FP pics! You look great!!!

Amanda
You are all kind because I don't think I look too great.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #127
dismagiclover

Bye Bye Wendy

So after exiting the Great Movie Ride we made our way over to Star Tours. This is one of my boys favorite rides. It makes me nauseated. So usually DH takes the boys on it while Wendy and I browse the shops. DH was in a galaxy far, far away though so I was forced to accompany the boys and Wendy was forced to ride. It was another ride she was doing for the first time and she peppered me with tons of questions I didn’t have answers for. We made our way through the queue.

Then we hopped into the ride vehicle and this ride still makes me sick. I spent most of it with my eyes closed. I opened them every once in a while to stare at amazement at Michael. FYI Michael gets carsick so often we always have a “puke bowl” and a change of clothes in our car. Tell me how does he not get sick on Star Tours? Anyway once it was all over I bolted out of the theater. My kids followed behind me all raving about how great this ride is and begging me to do it again. I cited time constraints and herded them into the Star Wars shop where the boys were quickly distracted. They browsed for a few minutes while I let my stomach settle. Wendy now loves Star Tours so when DH is with us that means I get some alone time in the parks during this ride. I know they are going to refurbish it soon, but I’d bet my stomach still won’t like it.

We left the shop and the boys spotted the Speeder and hopped on for a quick picture.

It was 9:20 and we needed to be heading back to pick up my parents soon, but we still hadn’t eaten breakfast. I decided we’d stop by Starring Rolls Café on the way out. We used a few snack credits and had a couple of cinnamon rolls and a chocolate muffin along with a plethora of drinks. (I don’t get the 2 drink thing with breakfast CS credits.) I especially enjoyed the Cinnamon rolls. Though I have to mention there is not enough seating at this venue. We actually ended up sitting in the corner on the ground. A nice couple offered to share their table, but I declined. It wasn’t a big deal, but it would be nice if they had a larger seating area. So after our quick breakfast we headed towards the exit. But of course I couldn’t leave without a few Photopass shots. Here is what we got on our way out.

Michael saw this next picture after the fact and said, "Hey I didn't know Stitch was going to be there." Apparently John did

It was around 10:00 so we needed to head back and pick up my parents so we could drive the cruise goers to the port. We headed back to Old Key West and met them at their room. It didn’t take long to get on the road. After about an hour we went over a bridge and we saw the Disney Wonder. It was so exciting I immediately began squealing. I’d been excited for Wendy before, but seeing the ship made it all so real and now I was ecstatic! We pulled up to a waiting area and I had to snap a picture of Wendy with the ship.

Before we knew it my sister-in-law was pulling up with kids in tow. We all hopped out and said hello. Then it was time to see everyone off. Here are my parents, Wendy and my niece. (Sorry about the obscured faces, but I'm not sure my parents and niece want their pictures all over the DIS.)

Wendy was a tad bit nervous. Remember she doesn’t like the unknown. She’d never been on vacation with anyone besides me and DH and she had never been on a cruise before. Her excitement, however, outweighed her nervousness and no one had a hard time with the goodbyes. Except maybe the boys who were pretty jealous. They kept talking about their 10 year old trips and coming up with ways we could save money so the whole family could just go on a Disney cruise. It didn’t take too long until we were once again passing under the Disney World sign.

As we pulled into Old Key West there were puddles of water by the roadside so obviously a storm had just blown through. The skies were still looking threatening as well. We were hungry so after parking the car we walked over to Goods to Go for lunch. The boys had hot dogs and I ordered chicken strips. We sat down to eat at the outside tables, but the wind picked up and I sensed another storm. So we carried the food back to the room and made it right before the rain started. We finished up our lunch in the room and figured swimming was out for the afternoon. The boys wanted to play a little DS. So while they did that I went out on to the patio and read my book. What a great way to spend an hour. We did however have big plans for later that afternoon. Where would we head next?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #128
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran

I am so jealous of Wendy. She is one lucky girl!! Your parents ROCK!!

I don't know where you went next, but I do remember that evening was beautiful once the rain stopped. We were still at DHS and loving every second of it.

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

Old 07-09-2010, 10:13 PM   #129
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Your PP pics turned out great! (And your hair looks fine!)

Are you going to include an account of the cruise in this TR? I'd love to know how Wendy liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
We did however have big plans for later that afternoon. Where would we head next?
Is this the day you had dinner at 1900?

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 07-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #130
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Sorry that Star Tours makes you sick. I've never ridden because my kids weren't tall enough in the past. My kids know that the tea cups make my DH sick so I have to take them alone! It's a big joke in my family!
I'm so excited for Wendy, too. I'm itching to take the cruise!!!
You do look better in the DHS pics but I didn't think you looked bad in the Epcot ones!

Amanda

Adding: When you first bought your pins, did you do a grab bag of pins? Is that a good way to start?
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR

Last edited by DrMomof3; 07-10-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:31 AM   #131
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Great PP Pics Sorry Star Tours makes you queasy, I refuse to go on it from all the motion sickness stories I hear about. You're one brave woman

Just look at that Cruise ship, Wendy is such a lucky girl. Bet she had a wonderful time
Old 07-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #132
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planning fanatic mom View Post
I am so jealous of Wendy. She is one lucky girl!! Your parents ROCK!!

I don't know where you went next, but I do remember that evening was beautiful once the rain stopped. We were still at DHS and loving every second of it.

My parents are pretty cool We do have a beautiful evening ahead of us. I'm impressed you stayed in DHS all day. We never make it very long in the parks during the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Your PP pics turned out great! (And your hair looks fine!)

Are you going to include an account of the cruise in this TR? I'd love to know how Wendy liked it!

Is this the day you had dinner at 1900?
I'm hoping to include an account of the cruise, but there are a couple of challenges to overcome. One being all the pictures are on my dad's computer and he isn't very good about sharing. (He just gets busy and thinks about other things.) However, we're visiting them in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping to just be able to make copies myself. Secondly 10 year olds don't always give details in a sensible order I'm hoping that once we get the pictures from my dad, Wendy and I can look through them together and she'll give me enough info for a decent summary at least. So the short answer is hopefully yes, I'll get an account of the cruise in this report. I'd forgotten I'd had a reservation at 1900 Park Fare during the planning. By the time of the actual trip that had changed so no it's not 1900 Park Fare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Sorry that Star Tours makes you sick. I've never ridden because my kids weren't tall enough in the past. My kids know that the tea cups make my DH sick so I have to take them alone! It's a big joke in my family!
I'm so excited for Wendy, too. I'm itching to take the cruise!!!
You do look better in the DHS pics but I didn't think you looked bad in the Epcot ones!

Amanda

Adding: When you first bought your pins, did you do a grab bag of pins? Is that a good way to start?
We started pin collecting by buying a bunch of traders online. I recommend mousepinsonline. They sent me a bunch of great pins for this past trip. There were quite a few my kids actually wanted to keep instead of trade. I'm sure I'll order another lot for our upcoming trips too. It really gets quite addictive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Great PP Pics Sorry Star Tours makes you queasy, I refuse to go on it from all the motion sickness stories I hear about. You're one brave woman

Just look at that Cruise ship, Wendy is such a lucky girl. Bet she had a wonderful time
Star Tours could be a lot worse. It's amazing the things I do for my kids You're right about Wendy. She loved the cruise!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #133
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Wow--Wendy looks so happy, and the boys will get their turn. My kids have gone on trips like that, where it's just one of them, and I think it's great for every kid to get that chance with the other siblings knowing that their turn will come.

Awesome update. My Sweetie gets carsick, too, but can ride Star Tours and Mission Space no problems. I don't get it.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #134
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

I love your photopass pics! I can't wait to get ours...if DH ever gets done messing with them... I'll keep prodding him.

The cruise pictures are exciting! We went on a Royal Caribbean Cruise with my parents in 2006. At the time, the TA my mom worked with said Disney Cruise Line was way too expensive. However, I've learned a little since then (thanks, DIS and DIS Unplugged podcast!) and I think we might have to try it sometime in the future. Still not cheap, but if you plan far enough in advance, I think it's doable. I'm glad to see Wendy's excitement outweighed her uncertainty! Were you ok saying goodbye? DD is traveling to Oregon with DH in a month for a family wedding (we couldn't afford to ticket everyone - $700 just for the two of them to stay for 4 days!), and I find myself already thinking about it. Just the idea that she's traveling without me - even though she'll be with DH - gives me a mild case of the willies, even a month out!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #135
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

The photopass pictures look good. Im jealous I want to go on a Disney cruise.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: