Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #151
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great updates!! Love the photopass pics!! Sorry about Star Tours. We rode last year for the first time and I thought for sure it would make make me feel too since I am prone to motion sickness but it was okay. I'm thinking...I just got lucky and haven't been back on since. Great pictures in front of the train station and I love the boys haircuts! Oh and how exciting Wendy left for her Disney Cruise!! Oh...how I want to go on one!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #152
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Aww bless look at them, John looks very pleased with his haircut most of all doesn't he
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #153
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
OK - now I finally get your title (when are the parents showing up!)

I still get a kick out of your family saying that Wendy and your Husband are the adults!

You got some great photopass pictures!

How hard that must have been to drop Wendy off at the ship...not because you didn't want to leave her necessarily, but just because she was getting on that beautiful ship, leaving you behind! (I can't remember - have you done a Disney cruise before?)

Great idea with the barbershop haircuts!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip with the boys!
You're exactly right about my feelings about dropping off Wendy. It wasn't trepidation at her being away or anything like that. It was jealousy plain and simple And no, I have never been on a Disney Cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
Just found and read your TR. Loving it !
We have talked about the AutoTrain. Our Daughter lives in the DC area and that would work nice for us, too. Either visit with her before and after WDW or she could go with us. It would be nice to take things in the car that you would not take on a plane - hubby would live his golf clubs, crock pot, laptop, fav pillow etc., and it would be nice to have a car there for groceries
instead of ordering them. We also love OKW. Your family is beautiful.
Glad you enjoyed your trip. Waiting to hear more. Thanks.
The AutoTrain was a great way to travel. Sounds like it would be perfect for you. I noticed you are doing the F&W half marathon (from your ticker.) Have you done any other Disney races? They are so much fun! I actually just officially registered for the January marathon yesterday. It will be my first full and I'm a little bit freaked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great updates!! Love the photopass pics!! Sorry about Star Tours. We rode last year for the first time and I thought for sure it would make make me feel too since I am prone to motion sickness but it was okay. I'm thinking...I just got lucky and haven't been back on since. Great pictures in front of the train station and I love the boys haircuts! Oh and how exciting Wendy left for her Disney Cruise!! Oh...how I want to go on one!!!
You probably wouldn't get sick on Star Tours if you tried it again. Hey Michael suffers from motion sickness and that is one of his favorite rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Aww bless look at them, John looks very pleased with his haircut most of all doesn't he
John was most pleased with his haircut. It was something he mentioned often (as you'll see in my next update.)
Old 07-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #154
dismagiclover

Royalty Among Us

We left the barbershop and headed up my favorite street in the world: Main Street USA.

As you can see the crowds are pretty light especially for 4:35 on a June afternoon. I was clamoring for a photopass shot of the boys with their new do’s so we stopped to wait for a photographer. Here are some of the shots

John especially got tons of attention with this hair do.

After the photo shoot the boys started talking about Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin so we headed over there to pick up some fastpasses. I’d ask the boys while we were at the barbershop what they wanted to ride and John replied “Peter Pan.” (What else would you expect from a Darling?) I laughed and said that would only happen if he wanted to wait an hour. Then I asked Michael and he said, “Dumbo.” I laughed even harder and said that would be an hour and a half. Michael then suggested Small World and John agreed. I knew that would be doable. So after picking up fastpasses for Buzz we headed over to Fantasyland and soon saw this.

In case you couldn’t tell it’s now 5:00 pm. After our international trip through the land of singing dolls the boys suggested the Carousel. I knew that was doable so we hopped on.

While we were riding I noticed the Sword in the Stone right in front of the Carousel. I’d seen pictures of people posing with this here on the DIS, but we’d never actually taken any. So after we finished our ride I hauled the boys over for yet another posed photo. There was a bit of a line so we watched several teenagers try to pull out the sword. Then it was our turn. Michael went up first.

Sorry the picture is blurry, but that is because I started jumping up and down and screaming during the taking of it. Michael pulled the sword out of the stone! He was shocked. I was ecstatically proclaiming, “You did it! You pulled the sword out! You must be the king!” I finally quit jumping up and down so I could get another shot.

Loved this moment! It was so unexpected by us all and Michael was so proud of himself. So then it’s John’s turn to try.

He tried, but it would not budge. So he tried harder.

I don’t know if you can tell, but John’s face was red and he was pulling with all his might. He did not want his little brother to show him up. But show him up Michael did. John asked me how Michael pulled the sword out and I said, “Well he must be king.” Michael piped up with, “It was easy.” So we proclaimed Michael to be King Michael. I assured John that kings could knight people and asked the King if he would like to knight John so we could call him Sir John. Michael’s reply, “Let me think about it.” This power thing was really going to his head. As we were walking away from the sword with our newly proclaimed king yet another person complemented John on his hair. Smarting a bit from the whole sword thing, John remarked, “I definitely have better hair.” I reassured him, “Yes John. No question you have better hair.”

Last edited by dismagiclover; 07-11-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #155
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Wow! I have never seen the sword move before! Yay for King Michael! The better hair comment by John was hilarious!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #156
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Cute photopass pictures!

Wow! I have never heard someone pulling the sword out! I know it happens, but wow not something you think would happen to you. The boys hair dos are fantastic!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 07-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #157
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

So cool that Michael got the sword to move! Did he ever give in and knight John?

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 07-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #158
cdotla
Trish

too funny! Better hair!

Yay for King Michael!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #159
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Loved the update!! YAY! for Michael pulling out the sword! That is so cool!! I've read that it can happen...but have never seen it! My boys would be so jealous. Too funny about John's comment that he has the better hair. Oh and great photopass pics!! The boys haircuts look so cute!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #160
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Oh, how cool!! Jack would go absolutely nuts if that were to happen to him! That's one of his favorites! I can imagine it didn't go very well with his brother, though. I love that they got all that attention for their hair, too. Can't wait to see what else you get to hit at MK that evening!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #161
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I have never seen anyone pull the sword out of the stone. YAY Michael! He should be proud of himself!

It's priceless that John would do that, though--it's something one of mine would do!

Old 07-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #162
cherrybellecupcake
Earning My Ears

Oh wow! That's super cool about the sword. I actually didn't know that could happen! Now I know I'll have to try. Just to see if I can do it.
Feb 17-24 2007 - Rented a House (W/ Dad's Side of Family. Age 19)

*Upcoming*
Not sure, but hopefully SOON!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #163
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I honestly did not know that the sword could actually be pulled out (well partially anyway)!! Learn something new every day on the Dis!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #164
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
Wow! I have never seen the sword move before! Yay for King Michael! The better hair comment by John was hilarious!
I'd never seen it move before either though I was vaguely aware it was possible. John's reaction to the whole thing just cracks me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Cute photopass pictures!

Wow! I have never heard someone pulling the sword out! I know it happens, but wow not something you think would happen to you. The boys hair dos are fantastic!!
That was one of the things that was so great about it. It had never occurred to me that it could happen so it was completely unexpected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
So cool that Michael got the sword to move! Did he ever give in and knight John?
Eventually Michael decided John could be a knight. I suppose he was taking his royal responsibility seriously and wanted to make sure it was a good decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
too funny! Better hair!

Yay for King Michael!
It was definitely one of the funniest moments of the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Loved the update!! YAY! for Michael pulling out the sword! That is so cool!! I've read that it can happen...but have never seen it! My boys would be so jealous. Too funny about John's comment that he has the better hair. Oh and great photopass pics!! The boys haircuts look so cute!
John himself was pretty dang jealous. This may sound strange, but I was actually glad only one of them pulled it out. It would have ruined the magic if they both did it. So even though I usually like my kids to be treated the same in such situations this was defintely an exception. And it's good it was Michael that pulled it out. Because if John had done it and Michael couldn't, Michael might not have been so good natured about it
Old 07-12-2010, 06:48 AM   #165
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Oh, how cool!! Jack would go absolutely nuts if that were to happen to him! That's one of his favorites! I can imagine it didn't go very well with his brother, though. I love that they got all that attention for their hair, too. Can't wait to see what else you get to hit at MK that evening!
Overall John was a good sport about the whole thing. He was definitely jealous though. I'm hoping to get another update up today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I have never seen anyone pull the sword out of the stone. YAY Michael! He should be proud of himself!

It's priceless that John would do that, though--it's something one of mine would do!
It was very exciting! John's reaction made it even better too! It was so funny to watch him huff and puff with his red face trying to budge that sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybellecupcake View Post
Oh wow! That's super cool about the sword. I actually didn't know that could happen! Now I know I'll have to try. Just to see if I can do it.
I think it's pretty dang rare. I knew it was possible, but I don't think I'd ever read or heard an account from someone that actually did it. So I wouldn't feel too bad if it doesn't work for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I honestly did not know that the sword could actually be pulled out (well partially anyway)!! Learn something new every day on the Dis!
That is what I love about the DIS!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: