Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #137
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Wow--Wendy looks so happy, and the boys will get their turn. My kids have gone on trips like that, where it's just one of them, and I think it's great for every kid to get that chance with the other siblings knowing that their turn will come.

Awesome update. My Sweetie gets carsick, too, but can ride Star Tours and Mission Space no problems. I don't get it.
Wendy was incredibly excited about the trip and it didn't disappoint. Nice to know that Michael isn't the only one who gets carsick but can handle Star Tours. I still can't wrap my head around that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
I love your photopass pics! I can't wait to get ours...if DH ever gets done messing with them... I'll keep prodding him.

The cruise pictures are exciting! We went on a Royal Caribbean Cruise with my parents in 2006. At the time, the TA my mom worked with said Disney Cruise Line was way too expensive. However, I've learned a little since then (thanks, DIS and DIS Unplugged podcast!) and I think we might have to try it sometime in the future. Still not cheap, but if you plan far enough in advance, I think it's doable. I'm glad to see Wendy's excitement outweighed her uncertainty! Were you ok saying goodbye? DD is traveling to Oregon with DH in a month for a family wedding (we couldn't afford to ticket everyone - $700 just for the two of them to stay for 4 days!), and I find myself already thinking about it. Just the idea that she's traveling without me - even though she'll be with DH - gives me a mild case of the willies, even a month out!
It really wasn't a problem saying goodbye. She was with my parents and I knew she was going to a place that she would love. And like I'll explain in my next update she is sometimes more responsible than me. So I knew she wouldn't get into any trouble. Though I don't know if I'll be as sure of that when it's my boys turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
The photopass pictures look good. Im jealous I want to go on a Disney cruise.
I'm jealous too! Wendy has been on a Disney cruise and I haven't. That just kills me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Your PP turned out great! They are so good!

I'm with you, Star Tours makes me a little sick to my stomach too! I have avoided it like the plague the last few trips.
Thank you about the PP pictures. These are OK, but there are a few really great ones we got this trip that you'll see soon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #138
dismagiclover

All of the Grown Ups Have Left the Building!

Before I get into what we did the rest of Day 3 I want to tell you something about the Darling Family. We always say we have 2 grown ups in this family. They are DH and Wendy. Thatís right. Iím not considered one of the grown ups. And both DH and Wendy were a bit worried about how this trip was going to go. I mean us kids were at Disney World for 4 days with no adult supervision. (By the way this knowledge should give you some insight into the trip report title.) So now that the real party had begun what should we do? You guessed it. We were headed to the Magic Kingdom. We headed out to the bus stop and hopped onto the first Disney bus of the trip.

We were the first bus stop at OKW so there were plenty of seats for us. But we then had to travel all around OKW, a definite disadvantage of being the first bus stop. Anyway it didnít take too long to get to the park. What was the first thing I wanted to do? Stop the photopass guy, of course.

After getting that out of the way what was our next stop?

Thatís right. These boys were in desperate need of haircuts (In fact, John just saw those photopass picture today and said, "Ewww. What is wrong with my hair?) What better place to get a haircut than in the Magic Kingdom barbershop! We headed into the shop and after a short wait Michael was up.

Then John took one of the other chairs.

Now you canít have a Disney barbershop haircut without getting a little something special. Here is Michael.

And here is John.

Johnís hair was very patriotic, but there were several CMs throughout the day who werenít sure which countryís patriotism we were displaying. It was more than one person who asked if that was the French Flag on Johnís head. As we left the stylist warned us the gel takes a while to dry and she wasnít kidding. The boys left some of that gel on probably every ride they were on that night. It was fun to do, but just be aware the drying time is several hours. The boys wanted some after shots so these are what we got.

John especially was quite proud of his hair. He so wanted Wendy to be able to see it. Wendy is the style guru of the Darling Family and he was sure she would have been very impressed.

We had a couple of hours before our dinner ADR. So where did we head to continue the party?

Up next: One of my favorite moments of the trip
Old 07-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #139
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I have always wanted my son to get his hair cut at the Main St barbershop, but never have done it. Yet again, another reason to go back. . .

Old 07-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #140
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Love the hair!!! Did it wash out easily or last awhile?
We meant to get Zachary's 1st haircut at MK but the line was too long. I'm glad we didn't because he hated his 1st haircut!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 07-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #141
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Thanks for the pictures of Star Tours. I have yet to do that ride.

Great photopass pictures! Do you know what was going on in the DHS ones with the HSM stage in the background? Just curious.

Ahhh the picture of Wendy with the cruise ship is awesome! Sooo jealous of her. That is my dream to go on a Disney cruise!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #142
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Love the haircuts and colors! That gel looks really thick and gooey!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 07-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #143
cherrybellecupcake
Earning My Ears

Love the photopass pictures! Especially the one of all 3 kids. You can totally see some of Michael's personality!

The boys hair turned out great! What a fun idea!

So excited for Wendy and crew. I'm sure she has a blast!
Feb 17-24 2007 - Rented a House (W/ Dad's Side of Family. Age 19)

*Upcoming*
Not sure, but hopefully SOON!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #144
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Star Tours makes me sick too. I haven't ridden it since my honeymoon in 2001. It is sweet that Michael wanted to show Wendy his hair. A Disney Cruise sounds like so much fun! Someday I want to go on one.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #145
letstalkboutdisney
Mouseketeer

I hope Wendy had a great time and didn't miss her family too much!

I haven't gone on Star wars and now I may never go on. I hate rides that make you feel sick.

Love the boys haircut. How cool were they! Did you have to wait long? Was the haircut more expensive then you would get elsewhere?
Old 07-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #146
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Love your Photopass pics! Now I'm wanting to preorder the CD for our trip next week.

Sounds like your kids have some great Grandparents. Can't wait to hear about her cruise.

Taking my son to the barbershop next weekend. We have been very lucky and caught the Dapper Dans (I think that is their name) in there the last two times, he hopes they are there again. He never wants the "magic" done to his hair though. Maybe I will do it this time.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 07-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #147
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I have always wanted my son to get his hair cut at the Main St barbershop, but never have done it. Yet again, another reason to go back. . .
It was fun to do something a bit different. Defintiely recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Love the hair!!! Did it wash out easily or last awhile?
We meant to get Zachary's 1st haircut at MK but the line was too long. I'm glad we didn't because he hated his 1st haircut!

Amanda
It washed out relatively easily, but there were traces of red for a few days in Michael's hair. Probably because his hair is quite blond. If it were darker we wouldn't have even noticed. John kept his in through the next day (you'll see it in the pictures for a while.) My boys still are not big haircut fans, but they seemed to enjoy this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Thanks for the pictures of Star Tours. I have yet to do that ride.

Great photopass pictures! Do you know what was going on in the DHS ones with the HSM stage in the background? Just curious.

Ahhh the picture of Wendy with the cruise ship is awesome! Sooo jealous of her. That is my dream to go on a Disney cruise!
If you're going to get on Star Tours you better hurry. They are closing it soon. The stage in the background at DHS is for their Summer Nightastic Party (or something like that.) They were using it one evening when we were there. They had a band up there and people could dance in front of it. I think it's just for the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Love the haircuts and colors! That gel looks really thick and gooey!
The gel was thick, especially the Mickey heads. I don't think Michael's ever did dry completely. We washed it out that evening.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #148
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybellecupcake View Post
Love the photopass pictures! Especially the one of all 3 kids. You can totally see some of Michael's personality!

The boys hair turned out great! What a fun idea!

So excited for Wendy and crew. I'm sure she has a blast!
Michael definitely has a personality. He can be one moody kid. Charming one minute and grumpy the next. He keeps us all guessing. Wendy did have a fabulous time on her cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
Star Tours makes me sick too. I haven't ridden it since my honeymoon in 2001. It is sweet that Michael wanted to show Wendy his hair. A Disney Cruise sounds like so much fun! Someday I want to go on one.
I wonder if the new Star Tours will be so rough. I'll try it once, but if it makes me sick too it will be a one time thing. Wendy definitely would have loved the boys' hair. She is always trying to style it for them here at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letstalkboutdisney View Post
I hope Wendy had a great time and didn't miss her family too much!

I haven't gone on Star wars and now I may never go on. I hate rides that make you feel sick.

Love the boys haircut. How cool were they! Did you have to wait long? Was the haircut more expensive then you would get elsewhere?
I don't think Wendy missed us at all! If you have tendency to get sick on rides I definitely wouldn't recommend Star Tours. We didn't have to wait long at all for the barbershop. The chairs were all full when we went in (there are only 3 chairs), but a little boy and a baby were just finishing up. We waited no more than 8 minutes. The pictures outside the shop were taken at 3:56 and the first one of Michael in the chair was 4:04. For us the afternoon was a good time to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Love your Photopass pics! Now I'm wanting to preorder the CD for our trip next week.

Sounds like your kids have some great Grandparents. Can't wait to hear about her cruise.

Taking my son to the barbershop next weekend. We have been very lucky and caught the Dapper Dans (I think that is their name) in there the last two times, he hopes they are there again. He never wants the "magic" done to his hair though. Maybe I will do it this time.
I'm all about the Photopass pics so I would preorder the CD. I'm even considering ordering one for our 3 day Halloween trip. That would be fun to see the Dapper Dans in the barbershop. It might be a tight fit though. That is a small place!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #149
cdotla
Trish

OK - now I finally get your title (when are the parents showing up!)

I still get a kick out of your family saying that Wendy and your Husband are the adults!

You got some great photopass pictures!

How hard that must have been to drop Wendy off at the ship...not because you didn't want to leave her necessarily, but just because she was getting on that beautiful ship, leaving you behind! (I can't remember - have you done a Disney cruise before?)

Great idea with the barbershop haircuts!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip with the boys!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #150
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

Just found and read your TR. Loving it !
We have talked about the AutoTrain. Our Daughter lives in the DC area and that would work nice for us, too. Either visit with her before and after WDW or she could go with us. It would be nice to take things in the car that you would not take on a plane - hubby would live his golf clubs, crock pot, laptop, fav pillow etc., and it would be nice to have a car there for groceries
instead of ordering them. We also love OKW. Your family is beautiful.
Glad you enjoyed your trip. Waiting to hear more. Thanks.
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: