Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
keypooh90
Lovatic

POP Century and Bell Services?

We typically stay either Deluxe or DVC, so we are used to having Bell Services available. Will there be bell services available for us to have luggage delivered to our room at Pop Century? If so, how does that work?

Thanks,

Carrielee
Old 06-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
dvcHammer
Drinking at Disney

bell servies

there are bell services at all of the resorts. at the values, you can expect to wait a bit longer as they often combine trips with other rooms.
Never had any problems with bell services from any of the properties from the values to DVC.
Don't forget to tip your luggage carrier! (worked my way though college as a bellman!)
64 visits so far.
Been there, done that, going back again!
http://www.drinkingatdisney.com/
dvcHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Last year at pop we went to DTD we got back later in the day and our luggae was in our room already.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

No 'Bell Services' at POP. They have 'Luggage Assistence'. And they are just not as efficient as Bell Services at the deluxe resorts. I have usually had decent baggage handling at POP, but they do tend to take longer to get your bags to your room upon arrival. They wait until they have a lot of bags and then all the bags go out at the same time...which can be an issue if your bags arrive at the resort just after a load went out.

They will get your bags to you, but it won't be as quickly as at the deluxes.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #5
2gr8DisneyKids
DIS Veteran

Actually, they do refer to themselves as bell services. We were there last week and all cm's called it that. They had delivered my groceries to a room I switched out of at check-in and when I called to have the groceries switched to my current room my luggage arrived at the same time! Only 45 minutes after check-in!

Also, when we were checking out the bellman came to the room to get our luggage to be check so quickly that I was not quite done packing and he played with the kids wile I finished up (about 5 minutes).

Then, when we were close to getting on ME a female bellman brought our luggage into the classic cartoon area for me so I could re-organize while the kids watched TV and then came back in 15 minutes and helped us to the ME waiting area!

It was great service all around and I did not wait any longer than a deluxe and had a much better experience than at CBR!

POLY 1979, POLY 1990, Treehouse 1993, one-day visit 1996, DL OS 2000, CR 2007, CBR 2009, POLY (Princess 1/2) & 3-night DCL 2010, POP 2010, 7-night NYE Eastern DCL 2010, 2011 AKL/POP and BLT/BC and OKW, 2012 POFQ/Vero Beach and AKV, 2013 POP (Goofy Race and a Half) and Vero Beach/CSR, 2014 AoA (Minnie 10K)
2gr8DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #6
ugadog99
Has been waiting patiently for a visit from the Tag Fairy and found that good things come to those who wait
Is on a hunt for the best Creme Brulee!

Thanks everyone. That makes it easy for us. I think we'll take most of our luggage up ourselves (because we want to unpack right away), but we'll leave our fridge, food, and drinks for bell services/luggage assistance to handle.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #7
antnyh
Proud BLT Owner May 2010

I was disappointed upon arrival in May. We always stay deluxe as well, but we decided to extend our stay for a couple of nights and POP was cheaper than any other hotels outside of Disney. Plus the kids loved the theming. Anyway, as we entered the hotel parking area we discovered we had to park a long way from the main entrance. I am just not use to this. At the Poly and other deluxes you pull up to the main entrance and your luggage is then unloaded and handled by the bellmen. This was simply not the case at POP. I will have to say that the luggage transfer from POP to Poly was handled very efficiently. The bellman at POP came promptly to our room and got everything loaded. He done such a good job he had to get tipped. He was very friendly as well. So in a nutshell, the experience upon arrival was completely different for us, but the luggage transfer was beyond what we expected if would be.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #8
MATIO_SVK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcHammer View Post
there are bell services at all of the resorts. at the values, you can expect to wait a bit longer as they often combine trips with other rooms.
Never had any problems with bell services from any of the properties from the values to DVC.
Don't forget to tip your luggage carrier! (worked my way though college as a bellman!)
Hi
Being european and 1st-timer at WDW and POP, what is the polite tip to give to a bellboy who brought you your luggage to your from from the check-in desk? also what would be the correct tip for the bus driver on ME for un/loading our luggage

Thanks
MATIO_SVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #9
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATIO_SVK View Post
Hi
Being european and 1st-timer at WDW and POP, what is the polite tip to give to a bellboy who brought you your luggage to your from from the check-in desk? also what would be the correct tip for the bus driver on ME for un/loading our luggage

Thanks
The usual tip for a bellman who brings your luggage to you is $1 - $2/bag, we usually tip at least $1/bag and round it up ($4 to $5 for example) sometimes.
You should also tip the same for the ME driver if he handles your luggage for you.
Enjoy your trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: