Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #16
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

yup - it's a wonderful view. DH works for hilton back home - he's a chef so we got a great rate

i only wish we had known about the perk before - we've been here 4 times including our honeymoon and paid full rates at other hotels and b&b's

we're hiding out in the room today. we hit the pool for 2 hours this morning and we'll pack this afternoon. this heat just killed us
Old 07-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #17
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Ah the Festival. I went once and loved it! My friends and I once visited the falls and it was soooooooooooooo windy. And it began to rain. Needless to say, we were soaked lol

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #18
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

If you are hungry, look in the phone book for a crepe place called "la petite bretonne" or something like it. It's a tradition of ours

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 07-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #19
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Nevermind the previous name its: http://www.aupetitcoinbreton.com/en/

Old 07-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #20
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

our tradition is le petit chateau. LOVE the fondue
Old 07-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #21
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

oh ok :P

Old 07-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #22
eratide82
Earning My Ears

Nice post,, thanks!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #23
Kurby

Friday.

Well today was an off day from the planning stage. We kept it open in case weather prevented us from doing something one day during the week but since we had completed everything we wanted to we took advantage of this off day to pack and relax.

We decided to go over to the Delta for breakfast since earlier in the week we were told that we could use their pool since ours was closed. The breakfast there was ok. More families and far more kids then over at the Hilton. After breakfast we went to check out the pool and found it a lot smaller then our pool and in total sun by 10am. We had every intention of just slathering on the sunscreen and dawning t-shirts but when we arrived back at our hotel we found out that even though they were still doing renovations they had opened out a walk way to our pool through one of the hall windows so it was an easy choice. Our pool was still in complete shade and much bigger. Plus we were the only ones there for well over an hour, bonus.

Auntie decided to stay up stairs and read her book and just relax while we enjoyed the very nice cool water. Before long the air temp had dropped a few degrees and the wind picked up so there was a nice breeze coming across the deck. After a week in an oven who's complaining right.

When the 3 hour mark came we decided and our wrinkly bodies had had enough and we headed up stairs to start packing. Boy 3 people sure can pack a lot for 1 week LOL.

I had found out that Hilton had a kids club and decided to put Cassandra in for the afternoon and evening. She remembered the kids club on the Disney cruise and was excited to go down. I had thought that we'd only put her in for 2-2.5 hours while we finished packing then we'd get ready to go out for dinner until the lady told Cassie that she could have dinner then and have Mac and Cheese. No asking Cassie twice if she wanted to stay.

Patrick had found out that they were having a sea food buffet in the hotel so that was an dinner as both Helen and Patrick wanted to have it.

It was perfect timing too because the kids club was closing up at the same time we finished and headed over to pick Cassandra wonderful time and said she would do it again.

Saturday.

This morning we headed back to the "Crazy Pig" for breakfast and everyone had the same breakfast as before except Cassandra who opted for crapes with strawberries and bananas.

We got back to our hotel washed up, packed up the nights clothes and toiletries and waited about an hour before we needed to head to the train station. Good thing we were early too as of our departure had changed and i needed to go exchange our tickets for corrected ones. It wasn't that big a deal only delayed by 10 minutes which gave us time to take some pictures and chat with another family heading to Montreal.

Before long we were on our way to Montreal where we found out that the inbound train from Toronto was to be delayed by 20 minutes but it wasn't to impact our departure at 6pm and true to form on the 6pm dot our Toronto bound train started rolling out of the station.

With today's technology I'm sitting here typing this on the train as we cross the Quebec/Ontario boarder on VIA's free on board wireless. Cassandra and Patrick are both watching their IPods while Helen is reading a pretty large book. It's a beautiful travel day and we are at the start of what I think will be a beautiful sunset. Lots of fluffy and dense clouds in the sky should help a gorgeous red glow in the distance.

After turning on the GPS I can tell you that VIA's top speed runs around 145km per hour and when we travel parallel to the highways it's amazing how many cars actually keep up with us - tisk tisk tisk.

Well that brings our Quebec trip to a close. With a final photo wishing Cassandra sweet dreams on the train.

Hope you enjoyed our updates. Catch you in a weeks time when we head down to Richmond VA, Savannah GA and Disney World.

Cheers

Last edited by Kurby; 07-18-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #24
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Glad you enjoyed your time in Quebec

Old 07-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #25
Nettaboo
DIS Veteran

You vacation sounds so lovely! How lucky your daughter is to have parents to take her on such a wonderful holiday and with more to come!!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #26
Kurby

I'm starting to add the photos to my posts.

i know their big - hope you guys don't mind
Old 07-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #27
Kurby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettaboo View Post
You vacation sounds so lovely! How lucky your daughter is to have parents to take her on such a wonderful holiday and with more to come!!

THank you

looks like you're going to wdw the same time as we are - hope you enjoy your vacation and lets both hope it's not an oven down there
Old 07-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #28
trinaweena
DIS Veteran

sounds like you had a ton of fun! I'm here, subbing to hear about the rest of your trip
July 2009 Wilderness Lodge
July 2010 Animal Kindgdom Lodge
May 2012 1st cruise on the magic plus 4 days in WDW!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #29
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
I'm starting to add the photos to my posts.

i know their big - hope you guys don't mind
YEAH!!! Pictures!!!

So glad you had a FABULOUS time in Quebec, Kurby!!!

VA, GA and then the WORLD!!!

KAR

Old 07-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #30
Kurby

And........................ we're off.

Day 1 of vacation 2

not really a day since we just drove from Toronto to Niagara Falls NY.

total driving time 2 hours. included rush hour traffic and the 3 minutes at the boarder.

can i just say THANK GOD FOR AC

Tonight we're staying in the Hampton Inn then off to Richmond. Approx a 9 hour drive. Being that tomorrow is Saturday I'm not expecting too much traffic - but i could be wrong.

So tonight we're going to hit the pool and hopefully completely wear out Cassandra. She has been non stop chatter since Quebec.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: