Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
MickeyLuvrLauren
It all started with a mouse!

Talking "WATCH OUT DISNEY WORLD, HERE COMES THE RINALDI'S!" A fully-loaded summer 2010 TR!!:)

Hi everyone, I'm Lauren, and welcome to my 2nd annual trip report!!

Background Info

I just currently returned from a 9 day trip to walt disney world, with my family. There were 8 of us...my parents and sister, and my aunt, uncle, and cousins. My cousins didn't know anything about the trip until the airport. We stayed at the Beach Club villas in a studio for the first time ever, while my other relatives stayed in the main building. Our trip was frm July 29-August 6. It was quite a fantastic trip! I hope you enjoy my trip report, and bear with me, as i am a bit new to this. I also have a TON of pictures..so ENJOY!

[
Meet the Cast

Me!: Im a 14 yr old, Disney fanatic! I absolutely adore disney, and i am very into the DIS boards..lol

Mom(aka Lisa): She is also a big disney fan, as well, and is known to plan trips before she has even attended the trip she had planned!

Dad(aka Larry): My dad loves disney too(yeah i know, we're a big disney loving family), but can also get a bit of a tempur on the trips..you will see what I mean once you get reading..lol. He is famous for his angry walk away from the scene .

Grace: She is my 10 year old sister, who would rather go to the pool than the parks! Although, she was quite a trooper during this trip, with the heat and all.

THE OTHER RINALDI's
Uncle Matt: My fun uncle, who is my dad's brother. He is VERY into the parks
and wants to spend all of his time there.

Auntie Cathie: My nice aunt, who is a go-with-the-flow type person, who sort of just followed the crowd for most of the trip.

Isabella: My 9 year old cousin, who is a lot of fun. She was turning 10 the day after she came home...and was forced to wear a disney pin. I don't wanna give anything away...but she DIDN'T like it!

Dominic: My 7 year old cousin, who is quite the comedian in the family. He was ALWAYS the life of the party!lol

-Well now to rap up this introduction...i hope you enjoy this TR, since i sure enjoyed the trip!

I"ll start the trip soon..after ppl start posting...enjoy!

-Coming up next: DAY 1..."But i don't wanna go to Disney World!"

Laughter is timeless, Imagination has no age, and dreams are forever
Wonderful feeling, Wonderful Day!
Always let your conscience be your guide
Some imagination, huh?
Old 08-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Sounds like it was a fun trip! Can't wait to read from a fellow teen's point of view!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
MickeyLuvrLauren

Day 1/part 1

Alright, well i suppose i will begin my TR from the very beginning.
We had a 6 am flight on Southwest, so we were all planning to be up for 3:45 am. But of course, i was so excited i didn't get a wink of sleep!

By 4 am, we were all ready to go...I even had time to make my bed, which i NEVER do! My grandpa, who was driving us to the airport, picked us up, loaded our suitcases into the van, and we were on our way!

By the time we got to the airport frm our 15 minute drive there,the Southwest check-in line was HUGE. I had not expected this. As my family and I waited in the line, I spent my time texting my auntie cathie and getting ready for their big appearance.

As i had mentioned, Isabella and Dominic had no idea of this trip, and thought our grandparents were picking them up @ the airport to go to there house. Of course, in only a few minutes they would discover they were going somewhere MUCH more exciting..lol.

So, as we were leaving the line, a while later, they entered. Dominic immediately shrieked, "LAUREN AND GRACE!?" And he came running over to us.

We walked over to them, and as my Aunt announced the exciting news, Isabella burst into tears. She loves Disney World more than life itself, and exclaimed that they were "happy tears." My mom, who can get emotional, began crying too, and Dominic just stood there in confusion.

We reminded him again that he was going to Disney with us, and we had known all along. Then he cried," I don't want to go to Disney!! I want to go to Mimi and Papa's!!"(That's wht we call our grandparents)

It wasn't a bummer though, because in a few minutes he was excited. That's just how little kids are..lol.

After that little display, we headed through security, and sat at our gate ready to go.

Me and Grace waiting at Gate...I'm on left(ponytail)..she's on right

Before we knew it, we were on the plane and ready to go!

Dominic and my Uncle Matt, seated on the plane.

We were landed at Orlando in no time, and practically ran to the Magical Express lines, where waited for quite awhile.

Here i am making a call 2 my grandparents, saying we were saffely landed. There is also from left, my uncle matt, auntie cathie, grace, and my mom,behind grace.

Here is all the kids: Dominic, Grace, Bella, and Me! Don't we look excited
!

Then, we were seated on the Magical Express Bus, and were on our way to(you guessed it!) WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!

Im going to end this thread now...and start another in alittle bit..feel free to comment!

-Coming up next..."Someone's gonna get wet!"

Some imagination, huh?
Old 08-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Great start to the trip! Keep posting!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334
Old 08-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #5
DisneyRockstar
Could you pass the pixie dust please?

Awesome Start!! Keep it coming!
Old 08-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
Disney_Jill
DIS Veteran

You are off to a great start! I love that you are a Disney loving family!
Old 08-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #7
MickeyLuvrLauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFamily5 View Post
Great start to the trip! Keep posting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRockstar View Post
Awesome Start!! Keep it coming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Jill View Post
You are off to a great start! I love that you are a Disney loving family!

Thanks for your support guys! I'm gonna get back to the TR now...these
are alot of work!lol

Some imagination, huh?
Old 08-08-2010, 09:44 AM   #8
MickeyLuvrLauren

Alrite, well, when i left off we were on the magical express bus on the way to the Beach Club. And finally, after almost an hour, we were there! Yay!

The second i stepped of the bus, i immediately felt the thick, humid Florida air, and knew: I was definetely not in New England anymore!

The first thing we did, was head to the front check-in desk. Our relatives room was ready, but ours wasn't. So, after telling them our number to text us, we headed to their room to drop off our carry-ons. It was quite hard to get there! It felt like we were walking through a maze!

Then we headed down to the bus stop, and waited awhile for a bus. Then before we knew it, we were at the park! What place would you go to on your 1st day? Why Magic Kingdom of course!

The front of the Main Street Railroad Station. My dad ALWAYS takes a picture of it.

And then, we were at Main Street, looking up a the gorgeous castle.
For some reason, when i'm walking down main street, i get this special feeling. Like i'm at Disney World, with no worries, and i don't have to think about the real world out there...i luv it!

We all decided to head to Cosmic Rays for lunch, since we had all enjoyed it the last trip, and we were staaarving! Oh, i forgot to mention that we were on the Dining Plan..just so you know. It was ALOT of food!

After that, we headed through Fantasyland to go to see the time for Splash Mtn! We knew we probably would need to get a Fastpass, seeing how late in the day it was.

Here are a few pictures along the way:

Dumbo the Flying Elephant: a cute elephant topiary we had never seen before.

We stopped and went on IASW since it was closing for refurb soon. It was soo funny, because the entire time DOminic was soo excited about everything! Ha! And he wanted to go to Mimi's!

The liberty bell, as we passed liberty square.

Donald Duck giving autographs. We didn't stop because the line was too long. Plus, im pretty sure that we already had his

The Country Bear Jamboree! Sadly we didn't go on it this time.

And before we knew it, we were at Splash Mtn!

The line was 50 mins, and we weren't waiting that long, so we grabbed
some fastpasses and headed to Adventureland. It actually wasn't very crowded at MK today.

We went on POTC first, and hopped right on! I remember the first time i had ever gone on, and my mom had told me there was a special surprise. Now here i was, thinking that i got a toy at the end of the ride, but oh no! I was "surprised" by a dark drop!

Here's Grace and me, on that stage outside of POTC.

Here's the sign of the legendary ride!

Next, we all went over to Jungle Cruise, and suprisingly the wait time wasn't that long, so we got in line, and before long we were seated on one of these baby's.

There was the usual corny jokes, but at the end there was something noneof us had expected. You know when you are just about to end and you pass an elephant, who squirts water out when you pass....welll he COMPLETELY soaked us. Especially my auntie cathie, who got it really bad. THe man assured us tht this had never happened before.

Welll, after that little fiasco, we decided to take a quicke look through the Swiss Family Robinson's Treehouse.

Then, my dad, mom, aunt, dominic, and I went to Tikki Birds, while my uncle, grace, and bella went on flying carpets.

During the Tikki Birds, Dominic turns to me and says(he has speech problems, so im not mispelling words, that's how he talks),"You think i wike dis, but i weally dont." I just said, "ok", because i had just watched him dance and clap his hands...buut whatever..

After the show, we met the rest of our party, grabbed some Dole Whips, and headed to Frontierland to watch the 3:00 parade.

im going to end here, because i have to go eat breakfast. I hope you hae enjoyed this so far, and comments would be appreciated..thanks!

-Coming up Next..."We waited all this time for THAT!??"

Some imagination, huh?
Old 08-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

I'm in (: and enjoying your report so far
I love to read other teen's TRs

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 08-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #10
DancingAllie
DIS Veteran

I'm in aswell :D
Great Job So Far!
Old 08-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #11
MickeyLuvrLauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
I'm in (: and enjoying your report so far
I love to read other teen's TRs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingAllie View Post
I'm in aswell :D
Great Job So Far!
Thanks! I'm glad you guys like it so far

Some imagination, huh?
Old 08-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #12
MickeyLuvrLauren

Day 1/part 3

Ok, when i left off we had our Dole Whip and were waiting for the 3:00 parade to start. It was already wicked hot, and we had sweat dripping off our faces. Thankfully there was a CM squirting everyone with water.

The parade began, and after a few floats it was over. I quickly turned to my parents who were also very confused, and said, "Did we just wait all that time for THAT!?" Yeah i was a bit crabby. The heat was getting to me. My mom assured me that this wasn't it, and another one was coming soon, but i just rolled my eyes and turned away. I was annoyed. I watched as everyone began filing away, believing that was it.

Guess my mom was right, because within minutes the 3:00 parade began. I have no idea what that other parade was.

Here are some of the pictures from the parade:

Now i was pretty pleased, and we all decided to head to Splash Mtn, becaue or FP's were up.

We walked right onto the ride, and since we were a pary of 8, that meant i got to decide, or as my parents would say, boss, where i wanted to sit. Years ago i would have chosen to sit with my dad, with him holding me in a headlock, sitting far frm the front. But now, I choose front seat with Grace(incase you forgot she is my younger sister).

This is Bella's favorite ride, so you would think she would actually enjoy it. But to the contrary, she spent most of the ride crying, and scared.(She is quite a chicken at disney). Oh boy. But of course, the minute we got off, she exclaimed, "I loved it!! I wanna go on again!" LOL!

Well we couldn't go on again because we had to book it to our ADR at Chef Mickey's.

Now, you've seen the families at disney who walk at leisurely pace, enjoying their time slowly, stopping to the smell the roses. WE ARE NOT THAT KIND OF FAMILY.
THe Rinaldi's is the type of family that run's through the parks, like our lives depend on it, to everything. We are like a bunch of wild dogs running like crazy maniacs all over the roses...if that is a good way to put it.

So we ran our way over to the monorail.
Now this is how we walked around the parks for most of the trip/give or take a few times:
1-Uncle Matt and my Dad miles ahead of the whole group.
2-Me, Bella, and Grace a little behind.
3-Dominic walking into poles, talking to himself, throwing whatever he had in his hands in the air.
4-My mom and Auntie Cathie waaay behind, gabbing away.

Yes, I know, we are an odd family...

Well once we finally made it to the monorail, the doors closed right as we walked up. My uncle yelled a disgusted, "GEE THANKS!" really loud. But, the best was my dad. He got wicked angry, and stormed away to take pictures. Typical Dad..lol.

Here are some of the pics he took while waiting:

The Grand Floridian:

Dominic, Bella, and Grace waiting for the monorail:

Within 5 minutes of that monorail leaving, another one arrived. See, my Uncle and dad just need to learn to be patient! And off we were to the Contemporary!

Im going to end this now, because i have to go eat, but ill be back on soon because this post was pretty short. I hope everyone has enjoyed this so far..and feel free to post comments..they will be greaaatly appreaciated!! Thanks!

-Coming up Next..."Sugar Rush in the Arcade!":laughing:

Some imagination, huh?

Last edited by MickeyLuvrLauren; 08-09-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #13
celeste.
DIS Veteran

Hey! I found my way over to your TR!
I love reading trip reports written by other teens. Great start & I can't wait to hear all about the rest of your trip.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #14
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

enjoying your trip report, love your comment about your family running through the parks. My husband and I and our daughter are the same way, we have things that we want to see and we don't want to miss anything !!!

Old 08-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #15
MickeyLuvrLauren

Day 1/part 3

Sorry i haven't been writing in awhile everyone, i've been pretty busy, and my computer has been messed up.

Ok, so where I left off we were on our way to the Contemporary for our ADR at Chef Mickey's. We were there in minutes. The lovely magic of a monorail!

Here's some pics of the monorail from the contemporary:

We all headed down to the bar area next to Chef Mickey's, and the adults got a drink. We all got water and sat in the comfy chairs there. It wasn't that boring though, seeing that we are a family of people-watchers. And there was quite a site to watch.lol. There were 3 little girls who were acting horrible in the bar. They were screeching, jumping on the furniture, and wrestling. And their entire family was either paying no attention to them, or were fast asleep. Odd. I could tell the waitress there was really mad though.

Well, after a little bit we were ready for our ressie's, and were ushered over to get our picture taken. The picture came out REALLY bad. But, hey, don't blame us, we had been walking in the heat aaall day.

I really like Chef Mickey's, and this was our 2nd time going. My favorite food from there is the scallop potaoes, mickey-shaped raviolis, and the parmesan mashed potatoes. I especially LOVE the Mickey Domes for dessert. That is a chocolate mousse, oreo, and chocolate chip wonder...delicious!

Here is a pic of me holding a Mickey Dome.

Picture time with the characters! Here are a couple pictures of us with the characters. A couple of them are pretty funny.

I don't believe we were ready for this one..lol!

Family Hug! (You can tell we arent a hugging type family)

Aww the boys with minnie mouse! The funniest thing was when Dominic tried to give Minnie a kiss afterwards..LOL!

My family with the one, the only, MICKEY MOUSE!

After all of us were done eating, my dad and uncle matt were still shoveling food down their throats. Yeah, they have this thing with disney, that they thing they need to get their money's worth, so they would eat like 6 plates of food a night, im not even exaggerating!

Well, since us kids were still bored, my mom suggested we go to the arcade and play around. So, we did. And that is when all hell broke loose(pardon my french.) We went wild in there running around like crazy. Yeah, we're pretty odd.

Ok, so after that little fiasco we headed back to the BC. They had never texted us about our room, so we then got our number, and headed to it to get in our bathing suits. We got the second floor in the DVC, and the room was VERY convienent. Then, we went to the pool.

It was AWESOME! Especially the slide. And the pool wasn't crowded at all. Bella and my uncle went to illuminations while we still played around, then we all headed to bed, after a wonderful first day at WDW.

I hope you enjoy this so far...keep on commenting!

-Coming up Next...Epcot!

Some imagination, huh?

Last edited by MickeyLuvrLauren; 08-10-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: