Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2010, 07:53 PM   #31
feezle
Mouseketeer

I love wandering around Downtown Disney. For me, it is almost like a mini park.

My wife and I went to Lakeland for her to meet my grandma, aunt, and uncle for the first time a few years ago. We had no intentions of going to Orlando. We were at their house about 3 hours and bored to death. We decided to take a "short drive around" to check out the surrounding area. An hour away is still considered surrounding area right? We spent a few hours at DTD and then went back to the hotel and got on the laptop and booked a Disney trip for a few months later.

Jul '96-Off Prop| Aug '04-Off Prop| Sept '06-SSR | May '08-POP| Sept '10-POR| Nov '11-POP | Aug '12-POP/Off Prop| OCT '14-Off Prop
feezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:54 PM   #32
bnhasak
Mouseketeer

i second the Wolfgang Puck Express. We went there last year and had the best meal of the trip. Ended up going the day of check out just to eat there one more time. Portions are large. Food is fresh. Staff was kind and helpful. Definitely a great place and I typically only do table service.

While this is considered counter service they actually bring most of the food to your table.

Two thumbs up...but not way up.....I don't want word to get out how great it is and we won't be able to get a table next time.
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #33
msminnieears
Mouseketeer

We love DTD! We love to eat (Wolfgang Puck: downstairs) there. The shops are fantastic. Our last visit we stayed at POR and took the boat to DTD. That was an experience in itself. The kids (and adults) loved it. My son feel in love the the Lego store. There is something for everyone. That said I would not choose it over one of the the parks. It's a nice half a day adventure and different atmosphere but nothing like the parks IMO.

1985-off site; 1991,1993,1995- Disney Villas; 1999- AS Movies; 2004- SSR; 2006- AS Movies; 2008- CR; 2010- POR ;March 2013 CSR; July 2014 day in MK; next trip... May 2015 hopefully,,,,
msminnieears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #34
jennyf2
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up Love it!

We LOVE DD Disney & go there numerous times during our trip. I love the shopping & CS food My son's fave is the Lego Store & of course Goofys candy shop .....

Now living 10 minutes from DISNEY
jennyf2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: