Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
jmtmat
Earning My Ears

The Princess is going to WDW and doesn't know it yet!

Hello to everyone! This is my first PTR and I am beside myself with excitement about our first trip to WDW.

First, please be patient, kind, and understanding if I royalty mess this up! I must submit to the master DISers on the boards. I have learned so much that my head might actually explode!

The cast will include myself 36, DH34, and DD5. We have another little Prince (DS6months) that will be staying home with MIL during the trip.

Here is the backstory. DH and I decided in March to take DD5 to the only place she asks to go on a daily basis--WDW. We also decided to make it a secret since she has been told that we would have to wait to take the trip until DS was much older. She was totally bummed by the idea of waiting a second longer, not to mention another year! Little does she know, her dream will come true in 40 days! She won't know until she sees Mickey on the side of ME! (I wish I could hire a photog just for that moment!)

So, we will be going August 7-13 and staying at the POLY. I am thrilled about my resort selection after reading the posts on the boards. In the coming installments, I will reveal our plans and ADRs. I am counting on you to tell me if I am making major errors in my planning!

Chapter Installments (In Progress):
1. Meet the Cast
2. And the PTR Continues...
3. The other shoe...ker plunk!
4. The Magic of good food.
5. Itinerary--Arrival Day and Day One
6. Itinerary--Day Two and Three
7. Itinerary--Day Four and Five

2010-First trip POLY 2011-POLY with Oma 2012-Poly with Papa

Last edited by jmtmat; 07-09-2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Adding chapter links
jmtmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
jmtmat
Earning My Ears

Here are some photos of the cast!

DD5-Erin

Family-DH Mark, DS Connor, me, DD Erin

Connor will understudy this part, but still some pics of him!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

YAY!!!!!! I am here & your family is beautiful! I don't know how you are keeping this a secret! There is no way I would be able to!!!!! Can't wait to read more!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Hi! I'm subbing! I followed your PTR over here from Joni's TR! I am the other Joni! That is so neat that you are surprising your DD! I'm like Joni (see where this can get confusing? ) because I could never keep that big of a secret!

I can't wait to read more!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
jmtmat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
YAY!!!!!! I am here & your family is beautiful! I don't know how you are keeping this a secret! There is no way I would be able to!!!!! Can't wait to read more!
There are so many times that I want to say "Erin, we are going to Disney!" But, I restrain myself and remember that I want to see the look on her face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Hi! I'm subbing! I followed your PTR over here from Joni's TR! I am the other Joni! That is so neat that you are surprising your DD! I'm like Joni (see where this can get confusing? ) because I could never keep that big of a secret!

I can't wait to read more!
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I am trying so hard to not talk about it in front of her. It is a good thing that she can't read yet!

Old 06-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
jmtmat
Earning My Ears

And the PTR continues...

Let me begin with the planning stage first. I got the green light from DH in late February or early March. So I got on the website and started pricing the trip. We agreed that since this was our first trip, we would do it up! Which resort should I pick?...The Poly of course. Then I started looking at the dining plan. DH and myself are amateur foodies, so the table services meals were appealing, especially the signature dining. As a result, the DxDP was the obvious choice. Once I got the price, I realized that the stars and planets were beginning to align on this trip. Disney was offering $750 gift card with the trip. Holy cow Batman! Let’s book it!

Now when I say that this trip is a secret, I am serious. DH and I even have a code word for the vacation. We call it the “conference”. DH is a professor, so going to a conference is not out of the ordinary. When we get to the day of the flight, Erin will find out that Daddy has a conference to go to and we are going along for some fun. She just doesn’t know how much fun! So with that said, she should catch on when the Magical Express is in front of her.

Now the trip is in August and I booked in March. For those of you with princesses of your own, you will have already done the math. I am within my 180 day window for the prized ADR! I am on the phone the next day. Again, the stars align, and I have my choice of ADR for CRT! I can’t believe my luck! I am a firm believer in Signs and this was a huge! We were meant to go on this trip.

And then, the other shoe drops…

Old 06-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #7
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtmat View Post
Let me begin with the planning stage first. I got the green light from DH in late February or early March. So I got on the website and started pricing the trip. We agreed that since this was our first trip, we would do it up! Which resort should I pick?...The Poly of course. Then I started looking at the dining plan. DH and myself are amateur foodies, so the table services meals were appealing, especially the signature dining. As a result, the DxDP was the obvious choice. Once I got the price, I realized that the stars and planets were beginning to align on this trip. Disney was offering $750 gift card with the trip. Holy cow Batman! Let’s book it!

Now when I say that this trip is a secret, I am serious. DH and I even have a code word for the vacation. We call it the “conference”. DH is a professor, so going to a conference is not out of the ordinary. When we get to the day of the flight, Erin will find out that Daddy has a conference to go to and we are going along for some fun. She just doesn’t know how much fun! So with that said, she should catch on when the Magical Express is in front of her.

Now the trip is in August and I booked in March. For those of you with princesses of your own, you will have already done the math. I am within my 180 day window for the prized ADR! I am on the phone the next day. Again, the stars align, and I have my choice of ADR for CRT! I can’t believe my luck! I am a firm believer in Signs and this was a huge! We were meant to go on this trip.

And then, the other shoe drops…
That's awesome!!!!!! I can't wait to do CRT next year with Shelby! I know the boys won't like it, but I don't care

Waiting for the other shoe to drop now!!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
fairytalesfireflies
Earning My Ears

You have such beautiful children!

I really wanted to surprise DD, but I can't keep my big mouth shut!
fairytalesfireflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #9
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Yay! That's awesome that everything is working out so great in your planning so far! I would love to stay at the Poly someday.
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #10
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm joining! You're kids are adorable, that's so cool that you are keeping it a secret!

Congrats on staying at the Poly and getting your CRT reservation!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #11
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Followed this over from your post on my TR! I love it....a surprise!!! That's great!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #12
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

You have a beautiful family!! I'm so glad that everything's working out in your favor with the trip. We CRT!!

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
BabyEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #13
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
That's awesome!!!!!! I can't wait to do CRT next year with Shelby! I know the boys won't like it, but I don't care

Waiting for the other shoe to drop now!!!!
Believe it or not, my DS9 and DS3 loved CRT!!! Two years ago, my DS9, then 6, would have nothing to do with princesses....this trip....he had a blast with CRT and Akershus. I was totally shocked. At CRT, they gave the boys swords, so this was a plus for them.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #14
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Believe it or not, my DS9 and DS3 loved CRT!!! Two years ago, my DS9, then 6, would have nothing to do with princesses....this trip....he had a blast with CRT and Akershus. I was totally shocked. At CRT, they gave the boys swords, so this was a plus for them.
Oh that is really cool about the swords! They might like it after all!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #15
jmtmat
Earning My Ears

The other shoe...ker-plunk!

It has been a big year for us. Within the last 12 months, we have decided to have another baby, gotten pregnant, DH is offered his dream job, we move across the country, move into a rental house (because the other house hasn’t sold yet), then sell a house, have a baby, and plan a trip to Disney.

We agreed to stay in the rental house for one more year and save up more money to buy a house. In the mean time, we had the money to do Disney—so that was the choice we made. 4 days after I book the trip, DH comes home and says that he has found a house that we should look at. I am about the throw up! I can see Disney slipping through my fingers.
I go and look at the house, and now I am mad! Why you might ask? I love the house! Now, I know that a house is much more important than a trip to Disney. I mean, Disney will always be there, right? But, I am still so conflicted.

I have been wanting Erin to be old enough to enjoy Disney and I have been waiting a long time. Here is my chance to go- staying at a deluxe resort, have great ADRs, and I can see it evaporating into Pixie dust.

Need less to say, we bought the house. The opportunity was too good to pass up. The house is great, and I really am not complaining! So, Disney was a yellow (almost orange) light.

A month later, the light turned green!

Let’s get packing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: