Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
itradehilton
Mouseketeer

Our Land Cruise: Special Diet and 14 nights of DxDDP

Our Family is getting ready to explore the "World" of the mouse for the first time. We have been to Disneyland many, many times since we live on the west coast. When DS's were younger we would get an annual pass every other year and drive to Disnyland sereval times a year. You could say we love the mouse. Well, DH loves pooh and the we all love the rides.

Two years ago DS #2 was diagnosed with Celiac Disease so we have had to learn to eat a whole new way. Originally we were going to spend a week in Disneyworld (timeshare) and take a 5 night Disney cruise. Well the economy started to sink so we gave up the cruise and booked a second week at Disneyworld. Hey if we going to pay for airfare we might as well stay longer. Then I discovered Disboards. Wow, Disneyworld can accommodate special dining. So the planning began. Innocently enough I started with 1 week of DDP, then 2 weeks of DDP, then 1 week DxDDP and 1 week DDP until about a week ago. Now we our going all the way 2 weeks of DxDDP and it still costs less the cruise we were going to take.

We plan on eating at signatures and are trying to keep it down to 2 TS a day. We will eating at the following places.

Le Cellar (dinner)

Brown Derby (lunch)
Flying fish (dinner)
Tokyo Dining (lunch)
Cape May (dinner)
Crystal Palace ( breakfast)
Cinderellas Royal Table (lunch)
Yachtsmans (dinner)
Les Chefs de France (dinner)
50's Prime Time (lunch)
Boma (breakfast #1)
Jiko (dinner)
Sci-Fi (lunch)- canceled
Coral Reef (lunch)
Yak -n-Yeti (lunch)
Kona Cafe (breakfast)
California Grill (dinner)
Hoop Dee Doo
Rose & Crown (dinner)
Narcoossee (dinner)
o'hana (breakfast)
Wolfgang Puck Cafe (lunch x2)

May the feasting begin.
added

Captain Jacks (downtown Disney lunch)

me DH: DS #1 DS #2

Last edited by itradehilton; 01-29-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: links
itradehilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
catsaneda
Mouseketeer

I'm in! to WDW! I hope your experience will be magiical.

Me DSis

Last edited by catsaneda; 06-28-2010 at 02:41 PM.
catsaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

It will be our family's dream vacation if we can spend 2 weeks in the World with DlxDDP. I can't wait to follow your foodadventures
Old 06-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Sounds great! You will love the DXDP and the fact that WDW caters to those with special dietary needs. have a great trip!
scanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
Princess Clayre
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear how you got on. Were traveling with my niece in August who coeliac and we have made ADR for some of the same places as you! She is in her twenties though so meal offering may be different.
Nov 05 offsite (Jack's first trip) * May '07 POP * May '08 POP/WL * Aug '10 SSR * May '12 SSR, May '13 SSR

Next trip: Our First Disney Cruise - Disney Magic Med Cruise Aug '14
Then Easter 2015 - WDW Yatch Club
Princess Clayre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:34 AM   #6
itradehilton
Mouseketeer

I can't believe this time next week we will be waking up at the Disney Boardwalk Villas, so glad DVC is exchanging with RCI which allowed us to take this wonderful adventure to Disneyworld. : This is a dream vacation for us too.

DH also eats Gluten Free due to a food intolerance and DS #2 eats like an adult and Sushi is his favorite food so I will be able to share many adult meals. DS #2 he was so excited when I booked numerous places for him to get sushi he almost hugged me off the chair.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:21 PM   #7
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

I'm in too !!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #8
itradehilton
Mouseketeer

Started packing the bags today. So excited to be going on vacation.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #9
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

I am so excited for you! We DxDDP and always enjoy the signature restaurants. You're going to have so much fun and I can't wait for your reviews!

butiflfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:36 AM   #10
msnwithers
Mouseketeer

Sounds yummy! I'm in!

Me (30) DH (34) DS (4) DS (2)

msnwithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #11
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

That list sounds amazing!! You've got all of my favorites covered... can I come too??

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Girls Only Spring Break Trip POFQ w/DxDP Trip Report

Tri-Delta4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #12
itradehilton
Mouseketeer

Day 1: Coral Reef Lunch

Pre-arrival

Since it took all day to get to Orlando from the west coast we spent are first evening at the Airport Hyatt. What a wonderful thing it was to walk across the airport to the hotel with our tired crew. We slept as long as we wanted and ate breakfast at the Hyatt. Basic breakfast fare, DS #2 couldn't wait to head to Disney to start eating Gluten Free.

We arrived at the Boradwalk villas around 11:00 am and checked in. Our room wasn't ready but we got our Keys so the feasting could begin. Off to Epcot we went to enjoy a few attractions before our first reservation, lunch at Coral Reef. Hope all the photo's come up this is my first try.

Coral Reef - Lunch 1:25 07/02/2010

After checking in we were given a pager and only had to wait a few minutes before being seated. The waiter took our drink orders and soon after the chef arrived to go over the menu choices for DH and DS #2. Appetizers: DH went for the Mussels and DS #2 decided on the Sea and Land both made GF, Gluten free,and the first of many warm delicious GF rolls while DS #1 also had the mussels his came with regular bread and I had the Cod cakes.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

For the main course DS#2 said he had the best salmon he has ever eaten. Poor DH almost took offense (he is quite the chef). DH enjoyed the Pan seared Trout while DS #1 and I consumed the Mahi-Mahi. What a great way to start our vacation. seating in an aquarium eating great seafood.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
"Best Salmon Ever"

Divine GF Trout

For dessert DS#2 had The chocolate wave, the beginning of many awesome desserts and DH had the Creme Brulee with the freshest berries he has had in a long time.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by itradehilton; 07-18-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: added pictures
Old 07-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #13
DCDisney
On my way...

Great pics--thanks! So was the chocolate wave dessert naturally gluten free or was it specially made?
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #14
EDuke98080
Have a Magical Day!
Survived the 'Sweet Baby Jesus" drive

Location: Western MA home of the Big Y, the Big E and cider donuts

Looks great so far! Can't wait to see more....

Treehouse Villas, Dec 11/Jan 12, Treehouse Villas Dec 10/Jan 11, SSR Dec 09/Jan 10, SSR Dec 08/Jan 09, Wonder 3 Night Jan 08, SSR Dec 07/Jan 08, Grand Californian June 2007, SSR March 2007, Omni Dec 06/Jan 07, SSR March 2005, Beach Club / 3 Night Cruise March 2004, Hilton Head Island Easter 2003, Boardwalk Villas March 2002, Boardwalk Villas March 2001

DVC Member 2000
EDuke98080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #15
itradehilton
Mouseketeer

Le Cellier Dinner

After unpacking and freshening up in the room we headed back to Epcot for dinner at Le Cellier. From previous posts I knew we may have a bit of a wait since it was a Friday Night on a Holiday weekend in July. We checked in about 15 minutes early and waited about 10 minutes past our reservation time. Le Cellier was packed. While waiting for our table the Host offered us menus to look at but by now I had the menu memorized and there was only one thing I wanted, the Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon. Once seated the waitress took our drink orders and returned with the chef who went over the meal choices.

Appetizers

DH wanted the Prince Edward Mussels again and the Chef adjusted the recipe to make sure the broth was GF. DS#2 , little yoda, ordered the spicy chicken and Chipolte Sausage. We all agreed it was the best appy on the table. It had a nice spice to it. DS #1 , the fish, and I had the Duck Three ways. It was tasty and from this time forward every time we saw ducks we would refer to it as "Zee Duck 3 ways".

More yummy GF rolls, DS ate three.

"Zee Duck"

Spicey Chicken and Chipotle Sausage

Mussels with GF broth

Main Course

The fish was hungry and ordered the veal T-bone and enjoyed it.

I ate the best risotto ever and the meat was cooked to a perfect medium rare.

Little yoda ordered the salt crusted Prime rib. The plate adjusted to be GF but DS does not like sauce on meat so DH had to scrap it off before he would eat the meat.

DH had the Coffee rubbed steak cooked rare and loved every bite. They also adjusted this plate to be GF.

Dessert time.

Both DH and I picked the Maple Creme Brulee. I liked it but DH thought it was to sweet kind of like a maple glazed donut.(Reference from back when he could get Gluten)

Little Yoda (loves Star wars and wants to be a scientist) had the Sorbet. Again he made a great choice, very flavorful but I forgot to get a picture before he dove into it.

The fish has no food issues and ordered the mouse cake. had more fun playing with the decorations it was an okay dessert.

Overall a great meal and we would come back. The service was a bit slow but due to the time of year but the waitress was friendly and the food was great for a one point restaurant.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: