Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

World of Color seating chart

I have looked and looked but have not found a World of Color seating chart that clearly explains where you sit if you do the picnic option... is it blue and yellow and you are mixed in with the rest of the fast pass people? Or is it someplace else. So sorry, I am sure someone has answered this 1000x but I am just not seeing it!!! Maybe I'm going
Old 06-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

LOL, can you hear the disdain in my voice, "fast pass people.?" I really dont have any disdain, it just sounds like it huh?
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
mamaso
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaG View Post
LOL, can you hear the disdain in my voice, "fast pass people.?" I really dont have any disdain, it just sounds like it huh?
Hmph. I don't have an answer for you, but I am adding my question to you. Is there seating for WOC? I thought it was a stand up view show?

Old 06-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaso View Post
Hmph. I don't have an answer for you, but I am adding my question to you. Is there seating for WOC? I thought it was a stand up view show?

By "seating" I meant "assigned standing area."
Old 06-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

I BELIEVE the picnic viewing is integrated with blue and yellow (you'll just get a color on the Fastpass). But I am not certain on that. If I'm wrong, someone will hopefully come along and point that out.

It's all standing (aside from basically if you're accompanying someone in a wheelchair). But "seating" is such an ingrained word that I use it all the time.
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
tinkcollector
DIS Veteran

Question

I too would like to know this. This is my effort to "bump" this question up. Anyone have a standing chart of the area that shows the FP colors?

I have had the extreme pleasure of dining at Club 33 x 8
Attended A Private Tour of Walt's Apt. 08/07/12
Candlelight Ceremony Second Row Center 2012
Walt Disney Studio Tour X 2 (2011 & 2012)
"Be Our Guest" Dinner, 2014 sat with Floyd Norman
tinkcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #7
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

There have been a few charts created by DIS members and they are posted throughout the various WoC threads. If I can find one, I'll add the link here, but the colors seem to change, it's the general area that stays the same.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
cypressmom
Love my Disney vacations!

We did the Picnic option and were in Blue. We had a very good view.

Disney World, 1986,1995, 2011 & 2014
Disneyland, 2001, 2007, 2010, 2011 & 2013
Disney Cruise Line, 2012 & 2014
cypressmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #9
Hawleys
DIS Veteran

Lurkyloo posted a chart showing yellow, blue and the preferred dining area. It's in this post. Just scroll through the pictures and you will see it. Hope that helps.
Hawleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
oc_tony
Work hard and be nice!
Podcasting from the OC
Likes it ‘fresh’
Things that make you go hmmmmm… beats it like MJ

We did the picnic option and were in the blue section. We struck up some conversations with people around us and noticed that it was a mix of picnic and regular fastpass people.

WDW Village Viscount Hotel-1985; CBR Honeymoon-1997; Swan/Dolphin-2008; Off Site-2009; Swan/Dolphin-2010
DL Passholder since 95
DIS Unplugged Disneyland Podcast Correspondent

oc_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #11
tommya60
Mouseketeer

We did the picnic option and we were in the yellow section, right next to the wheelchair guests and their families. Great view, no problems. We purchased our picnics around in the early evening (around 6pm or so) without a reservation. We went to the 10:15 show, we went to line-up about 8;40 or so (it says 9pm on the ticket). We were in the front of the line. We chose a spot on a rail (I'm short). No problems, great show.
tommya60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #12
tinkcollector
DIS Veteran

Smile

Thanks so much Hawleys for posting the link to Lurkyloos chart. Thank you Lurkyloo your chart is very well done. Now, I am kind of regretful that I talked my friend into the picnic package, as maybe we should have done the dining package. My concern is I am short (5'2") and now concerned if we do not get the railing area I won't be able to see. Well, 20 days to go. I'll try to let you all know how the viewing goes. Thanks again.

I have had the extreme pleasure of dining at Club 33 x 8
Attended A Private Tour of Walt's Apt. 08/07/12
Candlelight Ceremony Second Row Center 2012
Walt Disney Studio Tour X 2 (2011 & 2012)
"Be Our Guest" Dinner, 2014 sat with Floyd Norman
tinkcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:27 PM   #13
brenda1966
DIS Veteran

This is lurkyloo's picture. (Hope ya don't mind )

I added some color highlighting with a question: Are any of the railing areas going to be good for a kid to see? I'm concerned about finding good viewing and it seems the Blue and yellow areas have more railing area to choose from than the dining does (the areas I highlighted). Am really wondering if we should just do the picnic. If I pay top dollar and can't see I'm going to be quite upset, but if I just pay for the picnic and can't see, I'll just be disappointed.

WDW: offsite 95, Oct 12; Pop Century: Nov 04, Feb 06, Dec 06, Oct 09; AS Music Oct 10, 11; CBR Oct 07, Apr 14; POR Oct 08 ~ MNSSHP Oct 07, 08, 12
Universal/IoA: Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10, 11 ~ Kennedy Space Oct 10 ~ Sea World Oct 08, 12 ~ Discovery Cove Oct 12
Next: Tokyo!!! Fall 2014! Airfare booked, planning is underway...
brenda1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #14
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

We were there on Sunday, June 27 and received Yellow passes for the 9 pm show with our picnics. We entered as soon as they opened the barricades on the West side, but those on the East side entered a little earlier.
The area at the rail in the lowest non Wet zone was already full, as was the "prime" Wet zone area at the rail. However, the Yellow area further to the East was empty, as in no one there at all. In contrast, the Blue area next to us was already packed We chose spots at the rail and sat, or for some in our party, even lay down until the pre-show. The rail probably filled by 7:30.
Three of our party started watching the show while seated, but realized the views weren't the best even at the rail. Standing, the view and the show were amazing! We all had rain gear and stayed dry and comfortable, even though the night was cool.
We watched again the next night from our balcony at the VGC. We enjoyed it but knew we were missing projections on the mist screen closest to the viewing area as well as projections to the East.
The Blue area in the Wet zone during our show was significantly smaller than on the posted map. --Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #15
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1966 View Post
This is lurkyloo's picture. (Hope ya don't mind )

I added some color highlighting with a question: Are any of the railing areas going to be good for a kid to see? I'm concerned about finding good viewing and it seems the Blue and yellow areas have more railing area to choose from than the dining does (the areas I highlighted). Am really wondering if we should just do the picnic. If I pay top dollar and can't see I'm going to be quite upset, but if I just pay for the picnic and can't see, I'll just be disappointed.

We had picnic meals with blue FPs. The non wet section was full by the time we got there a little after 7. We opted for the wet section just in front of the rail of the non wet section. It wasn't great viewing. We could see the high stuff. The kids stood on the wall in front of the rail and saw "okay". We couldn't see any of the preshow until the puppets walked right by our section at the very end. I was a bit disappointed, but that could be because I was underwhelmed by the show in general.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: