Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #121
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
Ooh I like the padded chairs at the adult pool, they didn't have those the last time we were there. Your sea day seemed very relaxing, what it's meant for! Looking forward to hearing the rest of the day.
the padded chairs were so comfy! I could have napped there!

ok so sorry. I just cannot handle photobucket when it is acting up!
ok so I left off with "dress up night"
we got dressed early and went up to take professional pics. The line was shorter than anticipated, so we went out on the deck to take some pictures of our own before heading to dinner.

we were just standing there enjoying the view, and looked who walked out onto the deck!

I got a little annoyed because when he came out, a couple stood up first and took pics with him, and while they did, we stood quietly about 10 feet away, obviously waiting, with cameras in hand. Well, a group of teenagers comes running up screaming PLUTO!! and ran RIGHT in front of us to take pictures...hello!!!! seriously people, gah!
ok moving on...
we got to dinner and ended up sitting next to some friends so that was fun, we chatted all during dinner!

After dinner we went and got some info on rebooking onboard, and thenw ent to the gift shop to get Christmas ornaments. We always get ornaments when we go on vacation, etc. i am obsessed with CHristmas and decorations so it is a must!

There was no show this night, they were showing Prince of Persia, and I had no interest in seeing it. We decided to go walk around the decks a little bit and just relax, it was nice out. We then went to shutters, our pictures were already on there and so we ordered a package to pick up the next morning.
(I will try to take pics of the pics and post them, I dont feel like taking them out of the frames and scanning them lol!)
We went to bed, excited for another day at Castaway Cay, but also sad because we knew Castaway Cay again meant our cruise was coming to a close. (

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:03 AM   #122
DisWitt
Fan of Disney 1.0 - aka Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn444 View Post
We went to bed, excited for another day at Castaway Cay, but also sad because we knew Castaway Cay again meant our cruise was coming to a close. (
I hear ya! CC is always bitter-sweet... I love the place, but hate that it means our cruise is at an end.

Awesome trip report! You're getting me so pumped for my third DCL in just 49 days. Thanks for the pick-me-up!

Aulani Owner since 7/2010
DisWitt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2010, 02:30 AM   #123
Curtis McCrea
DIS Veteran

Just looked over the stuff I missed...very good!

I'm also sad, knowing that this wonderful report, will soon end.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:17 AM   #124
*Meagan*
DIS Veteran

just came across your trip report!!! LOVE IT!!

cant wait for more!! This is getting me soo excited for my disney trip in december and cruise in feb!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #125
pamcarey
Mouseketeer

Great update! You all looked so nice on dress-up night.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #126
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisWitt View Post
I hear ya! CC is always bitter-sweet... I love the place, but hate that it means our cruise is at an end.

Awesome trip report! You're getting me so pumped for my third DCL in just 49 days. Thanks for the pick-me-up!
thanks for reading, glad to help lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis McCrea View Post
Just looked over the stuff I missed...very good!

I'm also sad, knowing that this wonderful report, will soon end.
aw thanks. I really enjoy doing these reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meagan* View Post
just came across your trip report!!! LOVE IT!!

cant wait for more!! This is getting me soo excited for my disney trip in december and cruise in feb!
thanks so much! you have a lot coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamcarey View Post
Great update! You all looked so nice on dress-up night.
thank you! We clean up pretty good :P

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 09-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #127
LuluLovesDisney
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!
I guess Rainy Days are definitely a "turn on"!

Heather, I love your tr. You are so lucky to have enjoyed a cruise with your parents. My mom is afraid of water/being on a boat!

That is too funny about the salad!!

Your dress is really pretty! You guys look great. I love that people dress up on the cruise. I miss that time period when people dressed up more often!

That boat is just so pretty! I loved our cruises and I can't wait to be on the Dream. Your TR is getting me excited for it, even though it is 16 months away!
LuluLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #128
PoppyAnna
Despite the end of tWW I'm still crazy about Josh Lyman

Yay!!! Your dress up pictures were worth waiting for, you guys looked so smart
Can't wait for another CC day
1982 WDW off site * May 2001 WDW off site * May 2005 DLRP * May 2007 WDW off site * Oct 2007 WDW off site * May 2009 DLRP * DLRP Christmas 09 * April 2011 3 wks Emerald Island, 3nt Dream cruise & Miami Beach * November 2011 SSR & VWL
PoppyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #129
mrbudyhed
Mouseketeer

Fantastic trip report! Sounds like your parents are a good hang!
mrbudyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #130
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluLovesDisney View Post
Heather, I love your tr. You are so lucky to have enjoyed a cruise with your parents. My mom is afraid of water/being on a boat!

That is too funny about the salad!!

Your dress is really pretty! You guys look great. I love that people dress up on the cruise. I miss that time period when people dressed up more often!

That boat is just so pretty! I loved our cruises and I can't wait to be on the Dream. Your TR is getting me excited for it, even though it is 16 months away!
me to lulu, I love dressing up. thanks for reading! Your trip will come sooner than you think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyAnna View Post
Yay!!! Your dress up pictures were worth waiting for, you guys looked so smart
Can't wait for another CC day
aw thanks so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbudyhed View Post
Fantastic trip report! Sounds like your parents are a good hang!
they are really fun, we get along great and I enjoy trips with them!

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 09-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #131
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

finally checking in!!! Glad you got to try DCL!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 AM   #132
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Great dress up pics! Too bad about the rudeness that happened around Pluto, but you still got a fun pic! I'm sorry you're getting down to the end.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #133
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
finally checking in!!! Glad you got to try DCL!!!
thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Great dress up pics! Too bad about the rudeness that happened around Pluto, but you still got a fun pic! I'm sorry you're getting down to the end.
I know it makes me sad!

we leave for Disney today, get there tomorrow, so no updates next week, sorry! I will be posting updates from twitter so you can go to my blog link in my siggy and fllow me on twitter or join my FB fan pages and I will be updating during our trip!

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 09-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #134
PalmettoPrincess
DIS Veteran

Ahhh! I just read through your whole trip report... I *need* more! lol. I am very interested in going on DCL, but my boyfriend thinks it will be too "kid-ish"......... from what I can tell you seemed to have a GREAT time hitting up mostly the adults only areas. Hoping I can talk him into going! Looking forward to more!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #135
RachIzzyBri2
We Love Disney!

Hi Heather,

LOVED your report & pics!

Have 1 question....where did you get your shirts done/designed? I am looking to do something exactly like that for my hubby, kids & I. We wanted to make up special shirts, but nothing too crazy & I like that yours were very simply done, but super cute!

Rachael
BLT-Nov 23-29, 2013, DCL ECC-Nov 16, 2013, BCV-May 28-Jun 1, 2012, DCL 4 night-Oct 2, 2011, DCL WCC-Nov 27, 2010, BCV-Nov 21-27, 2010, AKV & BCV-Sept 2009, BCV-July 2008, OKW-Dec 2007, BWV-Feb 2007, SSR-Oct 2006, Off Site-Feb 2006 (Joined DVC), Pop Cen-Jan 2005, Port Orleans FQ-Aug 2004, Off Site-1999to2003, All Star-Jan 1998 & Jan 1997
RachIzzyBri2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: