Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #91
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

First, I'm so sorry to hear about your family's losses.

I just came across your report and loving it. Both the toll booth and salad are absolutely real-life, humorous stories! Sounds like you had an awesome cruise! Can't wait to read more.

Birthday Celebration on the Dream!
iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #92
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn444 View Post
I made them! Someone on the design board made the art for me and I ironed them onto shirts!
Oh, I had meant to ask...which design board did you find the t-shirt designs from the first cruise day? Or which DISer? I looked in two of the design threads and couldn't find them anywhere!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #93
MommaMouse411
Always dreaming of Disney

@iloverags...go to the Creative Disigns...there you can click on the Meet the Disigners thread..and you can look through their threads or photobuckets/sharedfiled...and if there's anything you like you can request some to be personalized...I would just look through their threads to get ideas...
MommaMouse411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #94
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMouse411 View Post
@iloverags...go to the Creative Disigns...there you can click on the Meet the Disigners thread..and you can look through their threads or photobuckets/sharedfiled...and if there's anything you like you can request some to be personalized...I would just look through their threads to get ideas...
Thanks for the info! Is that thread in The Creative Community under Just For Fun? I'm not finding the Creative Designs thread anywhere, and tried doing a search on that title, but it didn't appear the thread you mentioned was one of the search results.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #95
MommaMouse411

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

try that link..

its under Just for Fun..way in the bottom..
Old 08-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #96
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftcard View Post
Awesome TR!!!!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishMummyof2 View Post
Loving your TR and fabulous pictures. We are on Wonder on 17 October, we are so excited. Your t-shirts are incredible, what a fantastic idea
thank you, I loved making them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
Great TR so far!
thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimistry6 View Post
Loving this TR. I had to find out what "eat your salad" was all about!
haha catchy huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
First, I'm so sorry to hear about your family's losses.

I just came across your report and loving it. Both the toll booth and salad are absolutely real-life, humorous stories! Sounds like you had an awesome cruise! Can't wait to read more.
we had a blast, can't wait to go back!

Quote:
Oh, I had meant to ask...which design board did you find the t-shirt designs from the first cruise day? Or which DISer? I looked in two of the design threads and couldn't find them anywhere!
I really dont remember which diser, so sorry. but if you go to the diseign board and click on peoples siggys they have photobucket accounts with their work in them!

Quote:
thanks!
Quote:
Thanks for the info! Is that thread in The Creative Community under Just For Fun? I'm not finding the Creative Designs thread anywhere, and tried doing a search on that title, but it didn't appear the thread you mentioned was one of the search results.
Quote:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

try that link..

its under Just for Fun..way in the bottom..
thanks for helping out!

sorry its been slow going, I was out of town all weekend!

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #97
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn444 View Post
sorry its been slow going, I was out of town all weekend!
It will be worth the wait, I'm sure! Loving your report!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:51 AM   #98
MommaMouse411

@ heather..no prob..can't wait to see what else you have to share with us!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #99
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It will be worth the wait, I'm sure! Loving your report!
Quote:
@ heather..no prob..can't wait to see what else you have to share with us!
thanks yall. going to work on more now!

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 08-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #100
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

so the answer is yes. We got SOAKED going back to the ship!

But first a very scary cab ride down the FLOODED streets! he took a "back way" It was quite creepy!

We had to walk a good ways down the docks to get to the Wonder. It was a nice touch though, they had warm towels for us when we got back on the ship. My mom raved about those towels for days!

We changed clothes a dheaded up to Tritions for lunch. it was so nice, there were only about 3 other families in there!

We had a nice meal and dessert was so good. I had a mickey bar, but whetevr it was my dad and husband got, was amazing!

I am pretty sure we went to the gym after lunch (Bobby and I) and then took naps until dinner! It was pirate night and we knew we would be up late so we wanted to be ready.

We had dinner in Parrot Cay again for pirate night!

we had a really good time that night, we were all in silly moods and laughing and having fun. it was a good dinner!

sword fighting

me and Joao

my dad stole the big sword

this was yummy

towel animal!

we walked around the decks a little bit

more silliness continued. We started singing Disney songs and of course, had to say... I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!

ok so that's a lot of pictures, I will finish up pirate night next time!

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 08-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #101
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
so the answer is yes. We got SOAKED going back to the ship!

But first a very scary cab ride down the FLOODED streets! he took a "back way" It was quite creepy!
Our cabbie last year took the "back way" too...I was just waiting for the driver to pull over and his friends to jump in and us all get murdered. I have a way too active imagination!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #102
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! So, do tell...is Mr. "Eat Your Salad" Man any of those in the above pics?

Old 08-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #103
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Our cabbie last year took the "back way" too...I was just waiting for the driver to pull over and his friends to jump in and us all get murdered. I have a way too active imagination!!
oh me too. I was nervous!

Quote:
Great pictures! So, do tell...is Mr. "Eat Your Salad" Man any of those in the above pics?
haha yes Ricardo, I am in a pic with him, he is in his pirate outfit (first pic of me with a pirate)

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #104
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

question!

Being from NOLA, and staying at Port Orleans, did you find it was "too much" New Orleans? I'd like to stay there next October, but my hubby says being from here, it may not be enjoyable.. Your thoughts? Figured I'd ask another NOLA girl!

Thanks!
November 2008 - Caribbean Beach
November 2010 - Caribbean Beach
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Halloween 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2014 - First Deluxe Stay - Beach Club!
NOLAdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:41 PM   #105
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAdisneymom View Post
Being from NOLA, and staying at Port Orleans, did you find it was "too much" New Orleans? I'd like to stay there next October, but my hubby says being from here, it may not be enjoyable.. Your thoughts? Figured I'd ask another NOLA girl!

Thanks!
hello! We stayed at riverside, which is more MS bayou/plantation than neworlens-y. I do not think I could ever stay at french quarter though to be honest. This was beautiful though, very old south, kind of gone with the wind if you ask me!

Dec. AKL Dining Report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: