Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #16
Tinkerkell123
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR! Can't wait to hear more...

So sorry about your losses...

The DaSilva's are:
Bert(DH), Kelli (DW),Alex (DD13) and Kevin(DS10)
* !!Theme Park Commandos!! WDW Commando Member # 223
My 1st cruise TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35341965
Tinkerkell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #17
AquaDuck1
Mouseketeer

Love your TR!!!!

Sorry for your loss!!! My DH lost his dad last year 2 weeks before our cruise----we really needed that break to help with the recovery.
Here's a little and some pixie dust to help you and your family!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #18
moet7
DIS Veteran

Hi Heather!

So sorry that you had another death in the family............you have not had a good summer since the cruise.

We also were in Downtown Disney the night before the cruise.

We arrived at the port at 10:00 and got boarding number 3. Funny that you made the comment about people standing around the Mickey Ears waiting to board. When our number was called, it was hard to even get to the area to board. I looked at a few peoples cards and saw numbers on them as high as 9 and 10 I get that EVERYONE is excited to get on the ship......but they make it harder when they are standing in the way for those of us with lower numbers.

If your Mom and husband were able to check you and your dad in, when and how did you and your dad get your pictures taken? Last year when we cruised, I was able to check all 6 of us in and then we all had to go into another area to have the pictures taken. This year, I saw that they did it at check in, which I thought was nice..........but when I went up to check us all in, a cast member said we ALL had to get in the line as we had to have our pictures taken at the same time. So I was surprised when you said your Mom and husband were able to handle this.

Looking forward to your next report..........loving following along and reliving our cruise while I'm doing it! incase you forgot, we were also on this cruise!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #19
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2littlegirls View Post
can't wait to hear about the
Hopefully tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
I am really enjoying your TR. Can't wait to hear about the pixie dust.
Thanks for reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckly View Post
Great report. Definitely subscribing!
thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerkell123 View Post
Loving your TR! Can't wait to hear more...

So sorry about your losses...

thank you, its been a hard two weeks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDuck1 View Post
Love your TR!!!!

Sorry for your loss!!! My DH lost his dad last year 2 weeks before our cruise----we really needed that break to help with the recovery.
Here's a little and some pixie dust to help you and your family!!
thanks! I would love to take a trip this fall after everything is taken care of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by moet7 View Post
Hi Heather!

So sorry that you had another death in the family............you have not had a good summer since the cruise.

We also were in Downtown Disney the night before the cruise.

We arrived at the port at 10:00 and got boarding number 3. Funny that you made the comment about people standing around the Mickey Ears waiting to board. When our number was called, it was hard to even get to the area to board. I looked at a few peoples cards and saw numbers on them as high as 9 and 10 I get that EVERYONE is excited to get on the ship......but they make it harder when they are standing in the way for those of us with lower numbers.

If your Mom and husband were able to check you and your dad in, when and how did you and your dad get your pictures taken? Last year when we cruised, I was able to check all 6 of us in and then we all had to go into another area to have the pictures taken. This year, I saw that they did it at check in, which I thought was nice..........but when I went up to check us all in, a cast member said we ALL had to get in the line as we had to have our pictures taken at the same time. So I was surprised when you said your Mom and husband were able to handle this.

Looking forward to your next report..........loving following along and reliving our cruise while I'm doing it! incase you forgot, we were also on this cruise!
yeah the whole point of the boarding numbers is so you dont feel you have to crowd around and hurry to get on. lol!
when my dad and I got upstairs, my mom and bobby had dont the "check in" we just had to walk over (there was no one in line where they were) and they snapped our picture from the check in desk. I think my mom and Bobby had JUST walked off'checked us in when we wlaked up so we just walked right over to the computers for the pic. Hope that wasn't confusing lol!

hope yall had fun on the cruise too. we LOVE the double dip!

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #20
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

SOmeone was lucky and had group 5 so they vacated their chairs so we jumped up and sat in them. As we were waiting, a lady walked by and looked at us, like, for a long time, stared, it was obvious and kind of weird! I didn't think much of it (she was a cast member) so I went back to reading the Navigator. A minute or two later she came back, and asked how many were in my party. I said 4. She asked to see my boarding card number so I produced my 11 card and she crossed it out, changed it to a 6 and signed it then told us she loved the shirts and to go get on the boat! I was so excited that when I stood up too fast I almost slipped and fell on my butt but I caught myself (this would NOT be the first time this happens on the trip!)
I was so happy, we probbaly would have had to wait another 45 minutes to an hour until they got to group 11. We handed over our card and walked to the magical mickey ears!

We were so excited as it was, the pixie dust made us just about to burst!

We took our picture, and then walked the gangway to the ship. The man asked me our last names so I told him ours and my parents and we were announced! I of course cheered, waved and clapped like a moron and my dad was of course embarassed. We were finally on the boat!

We were directed down the hall. I of course had NO idea where we were going. We stopped to take a picture. We all look so happy hhaa!

We got to Parot Cay and were directed to the elevators to go to beach blanket. I loved how they had CM's every step of the way directing us. Here we are in the elevator

We got to beach blanket and decided to find a table first. Me and Bobby got in line while my mom and dad stayed at the table. The food looked great, I was so excited!

Happy to be at a buffet

my plate. not sure why there is a random empty bowl?
I am obsessed with Disney mac and cheese

It was hot out, but we were in the shade so it wasn't bad. We were just sitting there soaking it all in, so excited to finally be on our first Disney cruise!

Up next: exploring the ship, lifeboat drill, and a private character interaction

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 07-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #21
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your TR! I was going to ask you how hot it was and noticed you made a comment about it being hot!

Cheryl

Cheryl726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #22
arthur06
DDC #689

Liking what I see so far! Keep it coming!

November '12 Disneyland/VGC Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2964937

arthur06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:43 PM   #23
noahsmom
2002 - Poly & Wonder; 2004 - Poly & Wonder; 2006 - AKL & Magic; 2007 - SSR & Wonder; 2008 SSR only; 2009 Kidani, SSR & Magic to Tortola; 2010 Double dip Wonder & WDW road trip

I love your shirts - where did you get them made? Great TR - we are on a DD in August and we can't wait! Sorry for your losses, so much to deal with.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #24
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
Enjoying your TR! I was going to ask you how hot it was and noticed you made a comment about it being hot!

Cheryl
quite hot! in the water it was nice, very nice but sitting on the beach too long was impossible. the run was impossible we did on castaway cay lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur06 View Post
Liking what I see so far! Keep it coming!
thanks for reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom View Post
I love your shirts - where did you get them made? Great TR - we are on a DD in August and we can't wait! Sorry for your losses, so much to deal with.
thanks! I made them mysef, but sadly when I washed them the ink ran and the transfer didn't hold up. I was crushed!

sorry for the delay again...now we are going through some issues with family and estate money etc. Lesson of the day: you can't trust anyone, not even family.
Today is my birthday and it has been pretty crappy!

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 07-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #25
dizney-cruiser
DiZney CraZy ºoº
we dont want no stinkin snow in NJ!!

Cool

I'm so sorry to hear you were dealing with unpleasant stuff on your birthday!!

Happy UnBirthday to you today and I hope it is a better day for you!!

I am enjoying your report!!

dizney-cruiser
(Janice)

2004 (Wonder); 2006 (Magic); 2007 (Wonder);
2008 (Magic Double Dip); 2010 (Magic Double Dip); 2011 (Dream B2B);
2012 (Fantasy B2B); 2013 (Fantasy); 2014 (Fantasy);

2015 (B2B Fantasy!)
dizney-cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #26
princessnpirate
Mouseketeer

loving you TR! Keep it coming!
princessnpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #27
moet7
DIS Veteran

Thinking you need one of these!

Hope your birthday wasn't a total downer.

Perhaps posting about your cruise will put you in a "happy" place even for just a little time.............but then again.........finding the time to do that.

A little hint: When things beyond your control happen in your life.....it's best to take a little bit of time for just you.

Don't worry about not posting...........crap happens in life...........we will all be here waiting to read your next posting whenever it might be.

Hang in there with the family crap!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #28
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday, hope it got better for you!

Cheryl

Cheryl726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:39 AM   #29
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizney-cruiser View Post
I'm so sorry to hear you were dealing with unpleasant stuff on your birthday!!

Happy UnBirthday to you today and I hope it is a better day for you!!

I am enjoying your report!!
thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessnpirate View Post
loving you TR! Keep it coming!
thanks for reading, I am working on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by moet7 View Post
Thinking you need one of these!

Hope your birthday wasn't a total downer.

Perhaps posting about your cruise will put you in a "happy" place even for just a little time.............but then again.........finding the time to do that.

A little hint: When things beyond your control happen in your life.....it's best to take a little bit of time for just you.

Don't worry about not posting...........crap happens in life...........we will all be here waiting to read your next posting whenever it might be.

Hang in there with the family crap!
thanks so much for the encouragement, I just haven't felt like doing a whole lot lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
Happy Birthday, hope it got better for you!

Cheryl
thanks so much!

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 07-16-2010, 09:39 AM   #30
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

by the time we finished eating, it was time for our rooms to be ready! We went down to the 2nd floor and they were still roped off so we waited about 3-4 minutes and they opened the halls! I was so excited to finally step foot in a room on the Wonder after seeing pictures for years! We were in 2064 and my parents were in 2066. it was an awesome location midship, and right across the hall were no rooms, it was the backside of the conference rooms so it was nice and quiet!

Here I am in my parents bathroom lol!

we loved the split bathroms btw. Bobby set up all his stuff in ond part and I set my stuff up in the other and it worked out really well when getting ready for dinner and such.

Our luggage had not arried yet (my mom was getting worried even tough i told her it would come) so we decided to go walk around and explore the ship some until time for the lifeboat drill and sail away party!

Dec. AKL Dining Report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: