Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Mandymouse's Holiday of Firsts ~ Day 2

Castmembers

Mandy & Paul

Travelling & Day 1

Sunday 6th June ~ High 93F

We slept reasonably well and got up around 7.15am and showered, got ready and we were our way to Disney Hollywood Studios by 8am

It was still Star Wars Weekend, and we knew it would be busy, but we really only wanted to come for the characters and the parade. SWW's are so much fun, even while you're waiting for the park to open, the Storm Troopers are entertaining us from above

First we saw StormTrooper Donald, then one of the Ewoks outside Star Tours

(I'll replace some of these pics when my photopass CD arrives, as the pics on there were so good)

Next we lined up for about 40 minutes to see Darth Vadar

We then wandered around the park taking pics.

The lines for the Star Wars characters were very long, and we really wanted a photo with Jedi Mickey, but Paul managed to capture this one as we passed

As it was so hot, we decided to cool down in Animation Courtyard and see some characters. I was hoping to see Lotso, the bear from the new Toy Story movie, and I was pleased that the line for him was short too

We also saw Chip n Dale and Goofy & Pluto while we were in there

It was now time for some food, so we grabbed a couple of double cheeseburgers and fries from the counter service restaurant behind the Indiana Jones show

After an early lunch we went to find somewhere to watch the Star Wars parade. We both really enjoyed it, and I taped it while Paul took photos

It was getting far too hot for us by now, so we went back to The Poly, as we knew we'd be back next Sunday for the final SWW day

Cont'd

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:02 AM   #2
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Cont'd

Once back at The Poly, we spent a good hour or so lying by the pool, and occassionally dipping into it to cool off

We then got showered and ready to meet Daisy and Minnie (I'll let the girls explain that one) or should I say, Karen (CustardTart aka Ms Tart) and Claire (Pinky166 aka Ms Pinky)

We met in the Tambu Lounge and ordered some of their famous drinkies We spent a lovely couple of hours chatting and laughing, though to be fair after Claire showed us a photo of her first day shopping and told us everything in the photo, there was only 10 minutes to chat - lol, only joking Claire, though that woman is one serious shopper

It was lovely to finally meet Claire and of course Karen my roomy from the last Girly Weekend, and before too long Paul & I were having to leave and head to Epcot for our 6.50pm ADR at Tutto Italia

We left the girls around 6ish and only just made it to Italy in time (via the monorail)

(would you believe a photopass photographer took this ! and why is it when you set your camera for a close up photo (not for this pic, this was my camera) they always change the settings ?)

We were seated straight away, then our server brought breads to our table and we ordered the Grand Antipasto Misto (a selection of cheeses, meats and vegetables) to share, then Paul ordered Lasagna al Forno and I had Petto di Pollo along with a couple of beers for Paul and cocktails for me

After a delicious meal, we left and we enjoyed a drinky or two in Italy and Germany

We headed to MouseGear as IllumiNations started and after a quick wander around we took the monorail back to The Poly

We had a quick nightcap in the Tambu Lounge before collapsing in bed

Tomorrow - DHS/Port Canaveral

Last edited by mandymouse; 06-25-2010 at 08:50 AM.
mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
cannp123165
Very Quizzical

Sounds like a lovely start to the holiday Mandy.
DLR: 2009
DCL: August 2011 (Med)
cannp123165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Lovely day!

I bought my dad (also Paul) that Star Wars t-shirt last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post
What a cute pic!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I think we'll have to go for Star Wars weekend one year. DH is a big fan.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

A brilliant day by the sounds of it! How lovely to meet up with Karen and Claire and those cocktails look delish
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
Goofysmate
Isn't fussed where she is, as long as it's a bit warmer than here

Quite a busy day Mandy, the pic's of the characters are very good. It was great that you were able to meet with Karen & Claire .
Sept 2006 Weston Hills (Villa)
Nov 2008 Regal Palms (Town House)
Goofysmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:28 PM   #8
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

You make a great stormtrooper Mandy Great pictures. I'm not a Star Wars fan at all but SWWs look like a lot of fun.

P.S. Looks like you caught the sun a bit hun - bit of a difference from your last trip
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #9
katiec
DIS Veteran

Another great day

katiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #10
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

fantastic Day Mandy, I loved star wars weekends when we went, great that you got to meet up with Claire and Karen. What are those drinks you have on the table they look yummy

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

A great day Mandy, it was so lovely to finally meet you and of course Paul (poor man had to endure 3 women chatting about shopping & big brother for 2 hours)

If you think my shopping was bad on day one then you should have seen how much I had by the time I got home 10 days later!

Looking forward to more.......

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #12
fav_is_tink
DIS Veteran

A Fab day, cool Star Wars pics

Will catch up on the rest of your TR when I return with hopefully a TR of my own Reading yours always inspire me to try so we shall wait and see
fav_is_tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #13
suzycute
DIS Veteran

Great day! Must be fantastic to finally meet other fanatic DISers!!
Old 06-26-2010, 02:18 AM   #14
Muscateer
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great day. Lovely photos and great to meet up with Claire & Karen. Love the necklace.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:28 AM   #15
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Lovely day Mandy, great pics. I really loved star wars weekend last year

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: