Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #946
joybeth
Mouseketeer

We were at CBR from Dec 11-15 and had great experience with the buses. I would say that it was probably the best bus service we have had on any of our trips. Little wait time and only had to stand once when coming back from Epcot following Illuminations. Just goes to show you....

jb
12/10 CBR with Sister and Daughter for free dining!
3/11/11 Sisters trip to the Poly!
9/22/11 Joy and Kathy's Trip to POR!
1/27/12 Family trip to the BC take Emily to DCP!!
2/13/12 Hilton Grande Vacation Parc Soliel First offsite! 5/26/12 Solo trip to Pop to see Emily!
8/05/12 Split stay Beach Club and POR Royal Room to bring Emily home from DCP!!!
12/12 Just back from the Pop! 5/13 Hilton GV Parc Soliel sisters trip, 10/13 25th Anniversary Trip to CBR. 12/13 Christmas trip with Emily to CSR, 2/14 offsite HGV, 5/14 AKL for Kathy's 50th! 7/14 CBR Quick trip for Anniversary Party, 10/14 Yacht Club to see Emily at DCP2! 12/14 POFQ

I've eaten at 122 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (50%)
I've eaten at 46 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 37 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (51%)
I've eaten at 7 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (39%)
I've eaten at 1 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)

Old 12-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #947
ajwolfe
DIS Veteran

If I was going to request a room (realizing I will probably not get it) what is the best building/area to request it in? This is our first stay with CBR and I have no clue what to ask for!

Aug. 2000-Holiday Villas
Jan. 2006-ASMO. The perfect trip!!!
Dec. 2008-ASMO. Our first Christmas Trip!
Jan. 2011 -CBR-pirate room, the boys loved it!!
Feb. 2013 - French Quarter was the best!
May 2014 - Riverside with extended family.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2010, 05:23 AM   #948
mickeyboat
Nothing like the cream and chocolate combination
Thank you for omitting the footwear today
Moons are a sign of intelligence and beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwolfe View Post
If I was going to request a room (realizing I will probably not get it) what is the best building/area to request it in? This is our first stay with CBR and I have no clue what to ask for!
Did you pay for a preferred location? If not, we asked for Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51, and got Jamaica 44. We liked the location and room very much.

So couldnít we all come to the conclusion that itís not the PLACE that counts, itís the people who contribute to it? - Delswife
Old 12-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #949
nessz79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybeth View Post
We were at CBR from Dec 11-15 and had great experience with the buses. I would say that it was probably the best bus service we have had on any of our trips. Little wait time and only had to stand once when coming back from Epcot following Illuminations. Just goes to show you....

jb
We were there 12/17-12/21 and also had great service! We never had to stand, though we didn't come back after fireworks at all.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #950
ajwolfe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyboat View Post
Did you pay for a preferred location? If not, we asked for Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51, and got Jamaica 44. We liked the location and room very much.
We didn't pay for a preferred room, so that's great to know.

Aug. 2000-Holiday Villas
Jan. 2006-ASMO. The perfect trip!!!
Dec. 2008-ASMO. Our first Christmas Trip!
Jan. 2011 -CBR-pirate room, the boys loved it!!
Feb. 2013 - French Quarter was the best!
May 2014 - Riverside with extended family.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #951
rblucy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwolfe View Post
We didn't pay for a preferred room, so that's great to know.
We stayed in Jamaica 45 and it was great. It was right over the bridge to Old Port Royale and very convenient to the parking lot and bus stop.
many trips growing up...trips since becoming an "adult": April 2007 WL, April 2008 WL (when we got engaged ), July 2010 Disneyland, December 2010 CBR, October 2011 CBR, April 2013 CBR, next trip-November 2014 (first trip with DS )
Old 01-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #952
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Just booked CBR for a split stay (also staying at CR) with DSiL for May 6-9. We're staying there for the expedition everest challenge...can't wait! Long time Disney vet but first time staying at CBR...it will also be DSiL first ever trip to Disney so i'm hoping CBR lives up to her expectations...

Im about half way through reading this thread so im sure i'll more questions soon enough..just wondering how the standard view's are at CBR? Will I be looking at the parking lot the whole time?

TIA!!
Old 01-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #953
catbertdave99
We Wanna Be There NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Just booked CBR for a split stay (also staying at CR) with DSiL for May 6-9. We're staying there for the expedition everest challenge...can't wait! Long time Disney vet but first time staying at CBR...it will also be DSiL first ever trip to Disney so i'm hoping CBR lives up to her expectations...

Im about half way through reading this thread so im sure i'll more questions soon enough..just wondering how the standard view's are at CBR? Will I be looking at the parking lot the whole time?

TIA!!
Even IF you are facing a parking lot (which you may not be anyway), you probably won't see it very well -- the foliage around CBR is wonderful! We love CBR!! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!!

03/01 - WL; 02/04 - AKL; 04/05 - CBR; 03/07 - CBR; 07/08 - POP; 06/09 - CBR; 06/12 - CBR; 11/14 - CBR/GF
Old 01-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #954
pixiedustmomma
Mouseketeer

I am getting really excited to go. We are going November 27 - December 3. I am still trying to decided if I want a preferred room or just request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. My daughters will be 4 and 1 when we go and I don't think a little bit of walking will really hurt. My four year old loves walking more then being in the stroller. This will be my husbands first time staying on property. I have been many times but I was too young to remember staying at Caribbean Beach, so this is like my first time too!

Old 01-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #955
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

We'll be there in less than 24 hours! The weather forecasts are looking good so I'm getting pretty excited.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club, Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Upcoming Trips: Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 01-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #956
Mummy2Sydney
Earning My Ears

This thread is fantastic! We will be there in 20 days....whoohoooo

My Mother in Law is staying in Florida and will join us for 1 day at Magic Kingdom, will there be any problem with her coming to our room during the day? We were thinking they may like to see it.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #957
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Just booked our next trip ~ 5 nights at CBR (will be our third stay here) and 4 nights at the Poly.

We are very excited to get back to CBR!!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #958
stephielela
DIS Veteran

We stayed at CBR from 12/16-12/22. We requested Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 and didn't get either. We ended up in Barbados 16 (1627 and 1628), which is pretty far away from OPR. We consequently only went there a couple times, and we usually drove. We had also requested connecting first floor rooms that were not facing a parking lot. All those requests were met, though I think the interior facing request was a fluke, since I faxed that request in and I am under the impression they no longer accept faxes. It was conveniently located in relation to the parking lots, and there was a courtyard right outside our door, but we had very little down time to enjoy it. We were also near the ice machine. Overall I was happy with our room, but I wish it had been closer to the location I requested when I made the reservations. I didn't ask about moving at check in, so I don't know if that would have helped.

Mousekeeping was great during our stay. We left our connecting doors open all the time, so they treated it as one big room and we tipped them for both rooms and left the tips together on one table. On the second to last day they didn't take the tip, we hadn't placed the little housekeeping card with it so maybe thats why? We lmade sure to leave both days of tips with the card on the last day. I also left a note with some of our decorations and thigns we couldn't fit in luggage (glow sticks etc) saying if they wanted it to please take it, but I am not sure about the rules on that. We also got multiple towel animals.

We only had one experience with the bus system, my son and I took the bus from DHS to CBR one afternoon, and it was empty except 1 other family and we didn't have to wait at all, so it was great.

I liked CBR. However when comparing the cost with Pop with the amenities... I just am not sure the cost difference is justified. Back in 1990, CBR was the low end resort, since the value resorts didn't exist yet. I felt like the $200+ a night we were spending on the room was a little much for what was there. The rooms just feel a little dated, like with the heating/cooling. Instead of a thermostat on the wall like at a newer property like Pop, its one of those big units under the window with the knob. The pool area and foodcourt/shop were nicer than at Pop but since it was too chilly to swim most days that didn't do much for us. If you have a more flexible budget and can afford to stay at a moderate, I think CBR is a lovely resort. If you are unsure as to whether you can swing the cost or if you are having to sacrifice any other portion of your vacation, I'd go with Pop. I can't speak about any other values since I haven't stayed in them but the newly renovated Pop rooms were just as comfortable in my opinion. Oh, except CBR gives you more pillows, which was great because I like having a lot of pillows.

I know some people love CBR more than any other resort, even the deluxes, and it really is a matter of personal opinion. And part of my opinion does come from the fact that I work in a hotel, and I know if we tried to charge $265 a night for that room... we wouldn't sell a lot of rooms. Just my 2 cents!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 AM   #959
Jade+3
DIS Veteran

This is a great thread! We are staying late September. My kids wanted to stay here for the pool.
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Old 01-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #960
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Just stopping in..... Because we're going back to CBR!!! Our very first Disney trip was in October 2008. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort, in Barbados, building 13. This time, we'll most likely be staying in a Pirate room. We'll be there in October, for my 40th birthday. I'm already counting down the days...

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: