Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #931
DoodlesMom
Mouseketeer
 
DoodlesMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 226

I apologize if this has been asked before but regarding the buses-is there a standard route for the buses around the resort? My dh is concerned about being on the first stop & then having to drive all around picking up others. He'd rather be last I suppose before we head to whereever we're going. Can someone answer that?
__________________
Kristie

One trip as a kid to WDW (offsite) 1990

1/2007 *POP* 9/2007 *ASSP*9/2008 *PO and POP*
2/2009 *WL*9/2010 *POP*1/2011 *CSR*
7/2012 DLR & DCA in Cali @ the HoJo's (PS: if I had it to do over again we would definitely stay onsite)

*Currently planning some holiday magic at the CBR after a surprise 2 year delay*

DH Me DS 11 DD 6 & introducing the reason we missed WDW in 2013 DD 1
DoodlesMom is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #932
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyHardin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,079

I booked our CBR vacation for Oct 4-9. My mother, sister and I are going on a girls trip. I really wanted to stay at The Boardwalk, but we decided to stay at CBR to save money. As of right now we are booked at "full price," but I am hoping they will extend free dining and I can call and change to that. I've only ever been to Disney in the heat of the summer, so I am really looking forward to a fall trip.
__________________
DisneyHardin is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #933
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!
 
mcd2745's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NYC (Queens)
Posts: 2,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodlesMom View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before but regarding the buses-is there a standard route for the buses around the resort? My dh is concerned about being on the first stop & then having to drive all around picking up others. He'd rather be last I suppose before we head to whereever we're going. Can someone answer that?
Two routes. One starts at Jamaica and ends at Trinidad South. The other starts in Martinique and ends in Barbados.

It takes 5 minutes to go around the resort (assuming no ECVs). I'd rather be first and be assured a seat.
__________________

mcd2745 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #934
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,721

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodlesMom View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before but regarding the buses-is there a standard route for the buses around the resort? My dh is concerned about being on the first stop & then having to drive all around picking up others. He'd rather be last I suppose before we head to whereever we're going. Can someone answer that?
The PP is right about the two routes. One thing to think about is that the buses always go around the same way, no matter if you are going to the park, or coming back. Which means that if you are the first stop in the morning, you are the last one to be dropped off at night. So not only is it good to be amongst the first to be sure of a seat, it's also nice to be dropped off first at the end of a long day.
ronnmel is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #935
stephielela
DIS Veteran
 
stephielela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,529

I know I've read the answer to this question somewhere, but I can't remember... the pools are headed right? What's the temp?
stephielela is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #936
chrissyb2411
Mouseketeer
 
chrissyb2411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 145

here now

We are at cbr now, and really not impressed with cbr or Disney. The customer service at this resort (and honestly most everywhere we have been) is seriously lacking. We were at disney 3 years ago and were impressed with the friendliness and the flawless flow of everything. Not so much now. Everyt issue has been very minor, but add them all up and it equals a huge headache. So faad a miserable time checking in. Close to an hour and a half in line! I had read in many spots not to do online check in as the online lines were longer. Ha! We got to customs house on ME and the line was out the door, to the curb! The place was packed with crying kids, obviously tired after a long day travelling. And no entertainment to be had anywhere for them!

We finally got to our room, any plans for the afternoon were shot after that wait! The rooms are ok. Iam not impressed with the cleanliness, and I am not a neat freak by any nature. One of the bed skirts has a large and very obvious stain of unknown origins, eww. Most serfaces are covered in a fairly good amount of dust, and the lights above the beds have serious cobwebs! And also a very samll but extermly irritating thing, I have had to call the last 2 days because housekeeping failed to leave me the coffee condiment packages. Like I said, lots of small but irritating things.

The food court foor is good! But is a hit or miss if you get a friendly cm. Some of them are way grumpy! We ate at shutters the first night, the food was pretty good, but the service was horrible! We waited so long for everything! Dh finally took the kids and left when we asked for our bill and still didn't have it 10 mins later! And it wasn't even busy!

We have had only a couple issues with the buses. They are overall timely, but there is often an ecv orwheelchair to load and busdrivers are spending upward of 15 min to load them! So we catch the bus at a good time, then wait to board. The buses have been very crowded! We have ha d to stand several times. This would be a whole other post, but it infuriates me to no end that I have stood several times with a sometimes sleeping toddler in my arms while middle age men, and teenage girls relaxed and chatted in their seats! When did people stop helping eachother out?! Our biggest issue with the bus was last night after mvmcp. We waited about 45 min for a bus, and watched 2 or 3 busses for every other resort go by. Every other bus line in the terminal was empty. Cbr was husge, I bet the people at the end of the line waited as much as a coupe of hours easily.

Overall this trip is seriosly lacking in pixie dust! Dh made the obsevation that disney doesn't seem prepared for the number of people here, and I agree. But that is unexcusable. People have reservations, they know they are coming there is no excuse for not staffing accodingly!

Sorry for any typos, this is from my phone =
__________________
Me DH DS 9 DD 5
chrissyb2411 is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #937
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater
 
MickeyNicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Naples Florida
Posts: 21,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I know I've read the answer to this question somewhere, but I can't remember... the pools are headed right? What's the temp?
I dont think the village pools are heated...we were there Nov 12-21 and used the pool every day and it was icy cold! Some of the other people at pool said they tried the other village pools and they were freezing too
MickeyNicki is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #938
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyb2411 View Post
We are at cbr now, and really not impressed with cbr or Disney. The customer service at this resort (and honestly most everywhere we have been) is seriously lacking. We were at disney 3 years ago and were impressed with the friendliness and the flawless flow of everything. Not so much now. Everyt issue has been very minor, but add them all up and it equals a huge headache. So faad a miserable time checking in. Close to an hour and a half in line! I had read in many spots not to do online check in as the online lines were longer. Ha! We got to customs house on ME and the line was out the door, to the curb! The place was packed with crying kids, obviously tired after a long day travelling. And no entertainment to be had anywhere for them!

We finally got to our room, any plans for the afternoon were shot after that wait! The rooms are ok. Iam not impressed with the cleanliness, and I am not a neat freak by any nature. One of the bed skirts has a large and very obvious stain of unknown origins, eww. Most serfaces are covered in a fairly good amount of dust, and the lights above the beds have serious cobwebs! And also a very samll but extermly irritating thing, I have had to call the last 2 days because housekeeping failed to leave me the coffee condiment packages. Like I said, lots of small but irritating things.

The food court foor is good! But is a hit or miss if you get a friendly cm. Some of them are way grumpy! We ate at shutters the first night, the food was pretty good, but the service was horrible! We waited so long for everything! Dh finally took the kids and left when we asked for our bill and still didn't have it 10 mins later! And it wasn't even busy!

We have had only a couple issues with the buses. They are overall timely, but there is often an ecv orwheelchair to load and busdrivers are spending upward of 15 min to load them! So we catch the bus at a good time, then wait to board. The buses have been very crowded! We have ha d to stand several times. This would be a whole other post, but it infuriates me to no end that I have stood several times with a sometimes sleeping toddler in my arms while middle age men, and teenage girls relaxed and chatted in their seats! When did people stop helping eachother out?! Our biggest issue with the bus was last night after mvmcp. We waited about 45 min for a bus, and watched 2 or 3 busses for every other resort go by. Every other bus line in the terminal was empty. Cbr was husge, I bet the people at the end of the line waited as much as a coupe of hours easily.

Overall this trip is seriosly lacking in pixie dust! Dh made the obsevation that disney doesn't seem prepared for the number of people here, and I agree. But that is unexcusable. People have reservations, they know they are coming there is no excuse for not staffing accodingly!

Sorry for any typos, this is from my phone =
I'm sorry to hear this. I hope that you called Mousekeeping to complain about the not-up-to-par cleanliness of your room.

I've been reading lots of posts lately (about other resorts and the parks) about the lack of good customer service and bus service. I think it's everywhere in Disney right now and, like you said, maybe Disney wasn't prepared for the number of folks headed their way.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #939
Col.W.Deering
Earning My Ears
 
Col.W.Deering's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14

Just returned and had a great time...

My husband and I just returned from our vacation (Dec.9-12). I must say, after reading some reviews here I was a little worried about the walking and buses. Well...it ended up that I had nothing to worry about.

We arrived early at 11:30am and were happy to have our room ready for us. Our check-in was fast, no lines when we arrived. I didn't do online check-in, but it turned out that it only took 5-10 minutes to get our room, key cards, etc. We were lucky to get a standard garden view room in Martinique bldg. 23. It wasn't a preferred room, but fortunately it was a short walk to Old Port Royale.

Our room was kept very clean during our stay. We did run out of coffee and condiments one morning but when we saw a Mousekeeper we asked if she could put some extra coffee condiments in our room. She asked if we wanted decaf or regular coffee, and said she would be sure to leave plenty. When we arrived back at our room we had tons of coffee and condiment packets, as well as, a towel animal (dog).

I believe we were the first stop on the bus route, so leaving the resort we always managed to get a seat. We had to wait 15 minutes for one bus, but we didn't mind...after all it's Disney and you have to expect waiting in lines at some point. The bus made several stops before leaving the resort but we managed to keep ourselves occupied by talking with other vacationers on the bus.

I was a little disappointed in the resort only being decorated for Christmas in the Customs House. I thought being Christmas there would be candy canes on lamp posts, or pointsettas here and there. Unfortunately, Old Port Royale seemed to have only 2 Christmas wreaths on the outside and that was it for the Christmas decorations. Wish they would make a little more effort on the decorating, because you really only see the Customs House twice during your stay.

The quality of the food court was not as high as I had hoped. I had better food at All Star Music's food court.

Overall the staff was courteous and friendly, but not overly so in a superficial way.

My husband and I would stay at CBR again. We would just make sure that we get a room convenient to Old Port Royale again, and not be dependent on the food court food.


Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings) -1993
Wilderness Lodge -1999
All Star Music -2005
Caribbean Beach Resort -2010

Last edited by Col.W.Deering; 12-15-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: grammar errors
Col.W.Deering is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #940
chrissyb2411
Mouseketeer
 
chrissyb2411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 145

And the fun continues! We had breakfast at the food court today. I was having a bit of difficulty manuvering dd in the stroller while juggling 2 cups of coffee and grabbing cream and sugar. A very helpful cm said very loudly "excuse me" and shoved passed me pushing me out of the way. Then we waited 45 minutes for the bus to epcot. We saw 3 magic kingdom busses and 2 hs busses in that time. On a good note we got plenty of cofee condiment packs.

I can say if we ever do disney again cbr is off my list.
__________________
Me DH DS 9 DD 5
chrissyb2411 is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #941
rblucy
Mouseketeer
 
rblucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 163

I'm sorry to hear some of the negative reviews. DH and I just returned from a quick trip (Dec 10-14) and were very happy with our stay at CBR. I hadn't stayed here since I was 14 but had really great memories of the hotel and was not disappointed. We checked in a little after 10 at night and only had 1 person in front of us. We were traveling with SIL and BIL and were easily placed in the same building (both in Jamaica 45). Our building was a short walk from the parking lot/bus stop and just over the walkway/bridge to Old Port Royale. SIL had a car so we went with her some of the time and took the bus the rest of the time. The longest we ever had to wait for a bus was 12 min coming back from AK. Bus rides were always smooth and traveling around the grounds before leaving/upon returning was quick. The one time we had a motorized scooter on board we exited at Port Royale to avoid waiting for them to exit at a different stop but it was still an easy walk. We ate 2 meals at the food court and enjoyed the variety of options and found the food fresh. All staff we encountered was very friendly. Mousekeeping always had our room cleaned early and while I didn't find them to go above and beyond, our room was perfectly clean which is all I wanted. DH liked that the room was recently updated and enjoyed the flat screen TV. The size of the room was really comfortable (last 2 stays at WL and I think the room was similar in size, only a little smaller) and we had no problem with the full size beds. We heard the people in the room next door once or twice but nothing that would have woken us, just normal stuff like coughing.

Hope this helps someone. I just wanted to let you know that some of us are still having great experiences with CBR DH was a little hesitant to stay here initially based on some of the reviews but he said he was happy with our decision and would def stay here again
__________________
many trips growing up...trips since becoming an "adult": April 2007 WL, April 2008 WL (when we got engaged ), July 2010 Disneyland, December 2010 CBR, October 2011 CBR, April 2013 CBR, next trip-November 2014 (first trip with DS )
rblucy is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 07:46 AM   #942
nessz79
DIS Veteran
 
nessz79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 2,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblucy View Post
I'm sorry to hear some of the negative reviews. DH and I just returned from a quick trip (Dec 10-14) and were very happy with our stay at CBR. I hadn't stayed here since I was 14 but had really great memories of the hotel and was not disappointed. We checked in a little after 10 at night and only had 1 person in front of us. We were traveling with SIL and BIL and were easily placed in the same building (both in Jamaica 45). Our building was a short walk from the parking lot/bus stop and just over the walkway/bridge to Old Port Royale. SIL had a car so we went with her some of the time and took the bus the rest of the time. The longest we ever had to wait for a bus was 12 min coming back from AK. Bus rides were always smooth and traveling around the grounds before leaving/upon returning was quick. The one time we had a motorized scooter on board we exited at Port Royale to avoid waiting for them to exit at a different stop but it was still an easy walk. We ate 2 meals at the food court and enjoyed the variety of options and found the food fresh. All staff we encountered was very friendly. Mousekeeping always had our room cleaned early and while I didn't find them to go above and beyond, our room was perfectly clean which is all I wanted. DH liked that the room was recently updated and enjoyed the flat screen TV. The size of the room was really comfortable (last 2 stays at WL and I think the room was similar in size, only a little smaller) and we had no problem with the full size beds. We heard the people in the room next door once or twice but nothing that would have woken us, just normal stuff like coughing.

Hope this helps someone. I just wanted to let you know that some of us are still having great experiences with CBR DH was a little hesitant to stay here initially based on some of the reviews but he said he was happy with our decision and would def stay here again
Thank you! We're heading out today and will be at CBR tomorrow. We plan on having a magical time!
__________________
Me DH DS (11) DS (10)
nessz79 is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #943
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater
 
MickeyNicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Naples Florida
Posts: 21,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessz79 View Post
Thank you! We're heading out today and will be at CBR tomorrow. We plan on having a magical time!
You will have a fantastic time at CBR! DH and I were there Nov 12-21 and had the most amazing stay at CBR...we would not hesitate to stay there again. Super clean rooms, amazing staff, the buses were not that bad (just getting to Epcot was the worst of it, hardly any buses) and the food court was ok.

Have a wonderful time!
MickeyNicki is offline  
Old 12-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #944
nessz79
DIS Veteran
 
nessz79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 2,868

Just back and we had a great time! We arrived at 7:30 AM to check in and not only was check-in very fast (online check-in is always great for us), but our room was ready. We had our request- Martinique 23, ground floor, close to our car. We unloaded our things and headed out to the park.

The pool area is great- we only got to enjoy it for a little bit on our first day. The rest of the trip was way too cold! The boys had so much fun, especially in the play area for younger kids. They were right at 48" so they just fit the mark there.

The food court was good- plenty of choices and it was never crowded when we were there. We had breakfast there a couple mornings. We were usually there around 7:30 or 8 and we never had to wait and there was plenty of seating.

The room was nice- plenty of room and storage. True, there was some visible dust on some of the furniture, but as we're nut dust-sensitive (allergies), we were fine. We tipped a couple of the days and our housekeeper was very good. Everything was taken care of and she even made a toothbrush holder out of towels- I was impressed!

We had a great time and would definitely recommend Caribbean Beach Resort. We would stay there again. Although, we are wanderers and like to try different resorts, so it may be a while before we came back.
__________________
Me DH DS (11) DS (10)
nessz79 is offline  
Old 12-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #945
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessz79 View Post
Just back and we had a great time! We arrived at 7:30 AM to check in and not only was check-in very fast (online check-in is always great for us), but our room was ready. We had our request- Martinique 23, ground floor, close to our car. We unloaded our things and headed out to the park.

The pool area is great- we only got to enjoy it for a little bit on our first day. The rest of the trip was way too cold! The boys had so much fun, especially in the play area for younger kids. They were right at 48" so they just fit the mark there.

The food court was good- plenty of choices and it was never crowded when we were there. We had breakfast there a couple mornings. We were usually there around 7:30 or 8 and we never had to wait and there was plenty of seating.

The room was nice- plenty of room and storage. True, there was some visible dust on some of the furniture, but as we're nut dust-sensitive (allergies), we were fine. We tipped a couple of the days and our housekeeper was very good. Everything was taken care of and she even made a toothbrush holder out of towels- I was impressed!

We had a great time and would definitely recommend Caribbean Beach Resort. We would stay there again. Although, we are wanderers and like to try different resorts, so it may be a while before we came back.
Welcome back! Glad to hear you had such a nice time. I wish it would have been warmer for you and you could have used the pool more!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: