Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #916
nessz79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, or Martinique 22!
Good luck and have a fantastic trip!
Just requested those- thank you!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #917
3Charbys
Looking forward to Cruise #3 in March 2014 on the Fantasy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You're welcome! I didn't relish the thought of carrying the stuff to our room either when we already had too many suitcases. I did tip Bell Services when he delivered our order.
Goes without sayin...we are big tippers... don't know how some people can just walk away or give a blank stare... IMHO these folks deserve a little more they are helping to spread the pixie dust!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2010, 07:54 AM   #918
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

This may be in the information in the beginning, so if it is, forgive me, I must have missed it.

Are there king beds in every village, or only certain ones? I'm curious because we're booked under the free dining promo, and my nana, under a room only code (worked out better for her). The only room available for her under that code was a king bed room, and I'd like to request a specific village. Just want to make sure that if we link our ressies together and I put the request in, that it's actually worth making the request in the first place.

Sorry, that was rather long-winded.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #919
mc-hokie
Earning My Ears

After 2 years at the Poly, we will be at CBR for first time in Jan. Cannot wait to get back.

Are they good about honoring first floor requests for those of us with kids in strollers. Wasn't an issue at Poly with elevators.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #920
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
This may be in the information in the beginning, so if it is, forgive me, I must have missed it.

Are there king beds in every village, or only certain ones? I'm curious because we're booked under the free dining promo, and my nana, under a room only code (worked out better for her). The only room available for her under that code was a king bed room, and I'd like to request a specific village. Just want to make sure that if we link our ressies together and I put the request in, that it's actually worth making the request in the first place.

Sorry, that was rather long-winded.

There are king beds in every village except for Trinidad South, which is all POTC rooms.

Good luck with your requests!
Old 12-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #921
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
There are king beds in every village except for Trinidad South, which is all POTC rooms.

Good luck with your requests!
Thank you! I'm hoping for Jamaica, I really liked it there, and the beautiful walk to OPR.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:32 PM   #922
DeckedOut
Too excited to sleep

Pool depth at end of slide

Does anyone know, in general, how deep the water is at the end of the pool slides?

Our kids are 6 & 8 and I'm not sure if we should think about hauling the life jackets from home. If they if they can touch at the end of the slides we wont need them.

Do they have some life jackets available at the OPR pool? Is it a bunch or a small number?

We are going in May and plan to hit the pool daily. I'm thinking our lids love the water and don't use them at pools around here, but do on boats on lakes. DH thinks we need to pack them since we did on our last trip 2 years ago.

Any thoughts - what did others do - to pack or not to pack the life jacket?

Honeymoon Trip - Poly and Cruise - May 2000 ( I didn't know what a TR was?)
An Amazing First Family Trip - CSR - May 2009 ( I should have done a TR !)
Next Trip CBR May 2011 - Bringing Extra Family to Share the Joy!! (Will I do a TR?)
Old 12-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #923
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

They do have life jackets at the main pool. Don't remember about the quiet pools.

My step-daughter was 9 (small for her age) and we never had a problem finding a life jacket for her, but I didn't really check other sizes. There were a bunch though.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #924
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc-hokie View Post
After 2 years at the Poly, we will be at CBR for first time in Jan. Cannot wait to get back.

Are they good about honoring first floor requests for those of us with kids in strollers. Wasn't an issue at Poly with elevators.
You can make request but no guarantees. Lets face it, there are way too many people in your situation in Disney.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
Old 12-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #925
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I faxed in rom requests today! We arrive on the 16th. I am not sure if CBR still participates in the whole facing requests in early, but it worked really well for Pop so I figured it was worth a shot. I work at a hotel front desk, so I have learned, if you want something, ask, the worst they can do is say no!
Old 12-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #926
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I faxed in rom requests today! We arrive on the 16th. I am not sure if CBR still participates in the whole facing requests in early, but it worked really well for Pop so I figured it was worth a shot. I work at a hotel front desk, so I have learned, if you want something, ask, the worst they can do is say no!
I heard they do not read faxes anymore. Call them instead, however my request for 3 building, was not granted with half empty resort in September. It was like they even did not try. At check in I mentioned it when given totally different building and they had to check and double check and offered me first room I had to wait till 5:30 PM and when I refused they finally found room in one of the buildings I wanted ready to use. I did not like how they were handling the situation but we ended where we wanted and it is all that matter.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
Old 12-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #927
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I heard they do not read faxes anymore. Call them instead, however my request for 3 building, was not granted with half empty resort in September. It was like they even did not try. At check in I mentioned it when given totally different building and they had to check and double check and offered me first room I had to wait till 5:30 PM and when I refused they finally found room in one of the buildings I wanted ready to use. I did not like how they were handling the situation but we ended where we wanted and it is all that matter.
Thanks! I will probably call on Tuesday, just to reiterate I guess it doesn't matter that much to me, but I might as well try.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:12 AM   #928
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
We just returned home from a week stay at CBR. We were there from Nov. 27-Dec 4. We had asked for connecting rooms but received rooms that were next to each other (no problem) We were in Jamaca building 43 and had no problems at all. .

Any questions, please ask!
I know there is a difference, buit I can never rememberfor sure which is which, but I think connecting ropoms means two side by side, while adjoining rooms is one with a door. I could be backwards on that though.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #929
catbertdave99
We Wanna Be There NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I know there is a difference, buit I can never rememberfor sure which is which, but I think connecting ropoms means two side by side, while adjoining rooms is one with a door. I could be backwards on that though.
I think you are I believe connecting has the door between, and adjoining is just next door to each other. Either way, they're close to each other!

03/01 - WL; 02/04 - AKL; 04/05 - CBR; 03/07 - CBR; 07/08 - POP; 06/09 - CBR; 06/12 - CBR; 11/14 - CBR/GF
Old 12-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #930
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbertdave99 View Post
I think you are I believe connecting has the door between, and adjoining is just next door to each other. Either way, they're close to each other!
Yeah, I looked it up and you are right. I always get it backwards. LOL!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: