Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #871
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

We are booked as of this morning!!! I am super excited now and feel confident in my decision. Though POFQ looked good too, I feel that CBR will surpass mine and my children's expectations (better theming for the kids here as well!)

Put in a request for either Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51, ground level please for my "issues" so here's to hoping we get one or the other right?! It's noted on my ressie that its our 10 year anni & bday celebrations for the kids sooooo I'll be crossing my fingers for some Disney magic

Thanks for the informative thread!

March!! Hurry up and get here!

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
Old 11-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #872
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

It's finally starting to settle in. We are checking in in 2 weeks for our first trip to CBR. upon booking I did 2 requests, ground floor and in either martinque. we have booked a standard room. Is this sufficient or should I call as well. If I need to call what number do I call and what specific building in Martinque is the best for standard rooms?
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #873
h2oophelia
Mouseketeer

This is a great thread!

We just switched our reservations from POFQ to CBR today mostly due to lack of food choices at POFQ. After reading this post I feel great about the decision! We'll be there Jan. 28th - Feb. 7th. This vacation can't come soon enough!

Me DD8

1984 - WDW-offsite
June 1991 - WDW-offsite
1993 - Disneyland
1995 - Disneyland
2000 - Disneyland
Jan 2011 - WDW-Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 11-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #874
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

We'll be heading to the World in 34 days and will be staying at CBR for the first time. I'm a little worried about the food court court though. I was looking at the menu at allears.net and I was little surpised by the lack of options there. I wasn't expecting it to have as many options as Pop Century, but I was hoping for a few more choices. Is the menu on allears correct? Should I plan on eating most of our meals in the parks?
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club, Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Upcoming Trips: Oct 2015 POFQ

Old 11-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #875
catbertdave99
We Wanna Be There NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
We'll be heading to the World in 34 days and will be staying at CBR for the first time. I'm a little worried about the food court court though. I was looking at the menu at allears.net and I was little surpised by the lack of options there. I wasn't expecting it to have as many options as Pop Century, but I was hoping for a few more choices. Is the menu on allears correct? Should I plan on eating most of our meals in the parks?
I don't know if their menu is incorrect, but it sure does appear to be missing some items -- problem is, I can't recall what they might be. Try out wdwinfo.com as well - menu is available there as well.

Having said that, we ate MOST of our meals at the Old Port Royale food court all week during our last trip and never felt like we were running out of options. Keep your options open if you can, and see what you think when you get there.

CBR is our favorite resort, and the food court is one of the reasons!

03/01 - WL; 02/04 - AKL; 04/05 - CBR; 03/07 - CBR; 07/08 - POP; 06/09 - CBR; 06/12 - CBR; 11/14 - CBR/GF
Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #876
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:

It's correct, for the most part. Those are all the "standard" items they have. In addition though, usually each station will have a daily special or two adding to their choices. I will say, when we were there a few months ago, the roast pork and turkey platters were very good.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #877
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know that the pasta and pizza station served a huge sandwich with fresh made chips and baked ziti when we were there in May. And, there were chicken strips for adults at the burger station too. There were also a few items that were served that weren't on the menu but, for the life of me, I can't remember what they were.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #878
ssipdavis
ssipdavis

Smile

Good information. We are staying for the first time in December.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:43 PM   #879
splashmtnfan
Mouseketeer

Anyone know where the accessible pirate rooms are located?

Just wondering if anyone has ever stayed in one and if you remember how close you were to everything?
Old 12-01-2010, 06:00 AM   #880
nessz79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmtnfan View Post
Just wondering if anyone has ever stayed in one and if you remember how close you were to everything?
I haven't stayed in one, but I know it's the farthest area from everything!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #881
chrissyb2411
Mouseketeer

We are leaving in 10 days I never put in a room request, and my only real request is a room close to one of the bus stops, and ground floor so we don't have to lug the stroller up the stairs. Should I call, or add my request if I do online check in or just request at check in at the hotel?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #882
splashmtnfan
Mouseketeer

OK.... so the internal bus system...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessz79 View Post
I haven't stayed in one, but I know it's the farthest area from everything!
Does it basically do the same thing as Fort Wilderness Campground? We stayed in the cabins and there were maps posted at the bus stops that showed which bus traveled in each direction and after the first day messing up and riding around the whole campground before realizing we should have taken the bus going in the opposite direction... I am a planner... THE planner for our Grand Gatherings and two of our friends have bad knees and will probably not be able to walk to the Food Court & Gift shop...
Old 12-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #883
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmtnfan View Post
Does it basically do the same thing as Fort Wilderness Campground? We stayed in the cabins and there were maps posted at the bus stops that showed which bus traveled in each direction and after the first day messing up and riding around the whole campground before realizing we should have taken the bus going in the opposite direction... I am a planner... THE planner for our Grand Gatherings and two of our friends have bad knees and will probably not be able to walk to the Food Court & Gift shop...
The internal bus goes around the entire resort and stops at each village bus stop. The bus is clearly marked with INTERNAL SHUTTLE so you can't miss it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 12-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #884
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Quote:
Here are updated menus for CBR.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...staurant.ID=63
Old 12-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #885
tallen429
DIS Veteran

I recently switched my res for our upcoming trip from Pop to CBR and now I'm afraid I will regret it....ugh. I have always shyed away from both CSR and CBR for several reasons, the biggest being the size. Now after reading review after review on Allears and comment after comment here about how awful the busses are, I'm worried. I'm taking my 75 year old mother and I don't want her having to stand waiting for a bus for 45 minutes. We've always had excellent, prompt bus service at other resorts.

We're staying in a Pirate room as a surprise for my 8 year old because this is his Mommy and Me trip. I know they're in Trinidad South but the CM put in requests for me that we have a ground floor closest to Trinidad North because of my Mom. We won't be using the food court much because we have ADRs but the lack of options there is a bummer too. We'll probably only get quick breakfast though.

At this late date it's hard to swith to anywhere else. I would have liked to try POFQ because normally we are a family of 5 and can't stay there. We love POR. Unfortunately both are booked.

I hope I don't regret this!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: