Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #856
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche View Post
Along that same line, our mousekeeping wasn't that good at all. Not one towel animal, I know not a requirement, but one would have been nice. We never got 4 washcloths, even though there were 4 of us in the room. And back to the trash, not only did they never get rid of the coffee maker box, but they wouldn't get rid of obvious trash on the nightstand. Like empty wrappers. Now most of the times, we did put things in the trash, but sometimes, stuff was left on the nightstand or other table and low and behold it stayed there. Now I can see not throwing away my half a bag of cracker jacks, I might still want it. But an empty wrapper or a tissue.

Ok, please forgive me if I offend anyone here, but it is not the mousekeepers job to pick up a snotty, dirty tissue off of a table. It is the responsibility of the person who used it to place it in a proper trash can. I think expecting a mousekeeper to do that is a bit over the top. And along those lines, throw your empty wrappers in the can as well. I would never expect anyone to pick up like that behind me.

I think all that our mousekeeper did was make the beds, take out trash (that was in the can), take out towels (from the floor only of course), and give us new towels and a few times new soaps and shampoo, but never alot.
This is her job, taking out the trash that is placed in the can. I'm sorry, but they do not need to pick up everything behind you.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #857
claryche
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
This is her job, taking out the trash that is placed in the can. I'm sorry, but they do not need to pick up everything behind you.
I agree, that yes we should put our trash in the trashcan. But at least in my past hotel/resort visits, housekeeping does tend to throw things away that are left around the room. I guess I have grown to expect them to do that. Maybe a wrong expectation. I'm just stating what they did and didn't do. There might be people like you who don't expect it, and would have thought our mousekeeper was good. And there are some people who would expect it along with expecting towel animals and expecting even more than we did. And those people would think our mousekeeper wasn't good. That is why I was very specific about what I said, so that anyone reading this would be able to compare it to what they expect from their housekeeping.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #858
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
When you say you phoned in, did you call the WDW travel company or try to get a direct line to the resort?
I believe it was a direct line to the resort. I don't remember where I got the phone number though. It might have been in the Unofficial Guide...

They did make it clear that it was just a request and that it wasn't sure it would be what I would end up with. But it worked.

ETA. I just saw jenseib's post that it goes to a call center. Possible. I wouldn't be able to tell. As for putting it on the reservation, I don't know how you do that???

Last edited by ronnmel; 11-22-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:41 AM   #859
claryche
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I believe it was a direct line to the resort. I don't remember where I got the phone number though. It might have been in the Unofficial Guide...

They did make it clear that it was just a request and that it wasn't sure it would be what I would end up with. But it worked.

ETA. I just saw jenseib's post that it goes to a call center. Possible. I wouldn't be able to tell. As for putting it on the reservation, I don't know how you do that???
I booked through Disney, so I called the regular Disney Travel number and put my request on my reservation. Then about 5 days before our arrival, I called the resort directly. I used the number posted at the beginning of this thread. I asked that I was just verifying that they had my request and they did have it. Now I assumed that I was calling the resort directly, but I might not have been. But I got my request and when I mentioned it at check in that I got my request, the lady said well yes you did, looking at something. So it wasn't like I got my request by accident, they did actually have it on file.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:11 AM   #860
FindingFigment
Mouseketeer

Quote:

All in all it's a nice resort. Loved the hot tub, zero entry pool and the kid's pirate pool area. But this resort is not my fav. In fact my DH and I both have liked our stay at ASMovies the best. We have stayed at all 4 values and CBR and CSR.

Hi. Thank you for such a detailed review. Here are my questions for you:

1) Now that you've been there, if you had to do it over again, would you have requested differently on the room location?

2) Can you tell me why you like ASMovies the best? And why you prefer it over the other value resorts? My only experience with Value was Pop and we loved it. But I like variety and have thought about switching to one of the All-Stars on our next budget trip.

3) And, in all the times you stayed at the All-Stars, did you see many big groups there? From all the reading I've done, it seems that is where they are booked. I've never heard anyone complain about big groups staying at Pop. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Stephanie
Old 11-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #861
claryche
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingFigment View Post
Hi. Thank you for such a detailed review. Here are my questions for you:

1) Now that you've been there, if you had to do it over again, would you have requested differently on the room location?

2) Can you tell me why you like ASMovies the best? And why you prefer it over the other value resorts? My only experience with Value was Pop and we loved it. But I like variety and have thought about switching to one of the All-Stars on our next budget trip.

3) And, in all the times you stayed at the All-Stars, did you see many big groups there? From all the reading I've done, it seems that is where they are booked. I've never heard anyone complain about big groups staying at Pop. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Stephanie
I loved our room placement at CBR. It was like 2 minutes to the bus stop if that. 5 minutes to the village pool if that and like 10 minutes to the food court and large pool. And again we are slow walkers.

We just had great experiences at All Star Movies. They gave my DS tons of Mickey Stickers, which when we stayed at Pop that didn't have any at all. My DS was 2 and a half so the stickers were a big deal and we had to stop by the desk every morning to get some and they were always so nice to give us some more. They didn't seem that busy, we went two years ago for the 2nd week in November. We didn't see any big groups, but we had a preferred location, so we didn't walk around that much and didn't eat there that much. But still no big groups that we noticed. Our mousekeeper was awesome, arranging my DS' stuffed animals, leaving towel animals and more. One day she had gotten busy and wasn't able to do anything but clean the room, which we weren't expecting anything more when we went into the room and she was leaving. But she apologized and said tomorrow I'll do something special. Which she did do.

So I guess it was just the people that made the real difference. Except that we also didn't like how at Pop that the food they offered in the shop was so limited. We typically buy a box of donuts for breakfast, my DS still calls them Mickey donuts at the grocery store. And Pop didn't carry those donuts, because of their limited food in the store. When we stayed at Pop, we actually drove to ASMovies to buy some donuts and get my DS some stickers. Silly I know. And also I like Movies over Music and Sports, for the icons. Hope this helps.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #862
FindingFigment
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Except that we also didn't like how at Pop that the food they offered in the shop was so limited. We typically buy a box of donuts for breakfast, my DS still calls them Mickey donuts at the grocery store. And Pop didn't carry those donuts, because of their limited food in the store.
Yes, that does help! Thank you!

By the way, about the shop at Pop, I noticed the same thing. The food court had great choices but the grab-n-go was limited. How does the shop at CBR compare?
Old 11-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #863
claryche
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingFigment View Post
Yes, that does help! Thank you!

By the way, about the shop at Pop, I noticed the same thing. The food court had great choices but the grab-n-go was limited. How does the shop at CBR compare?
The shop at CBR was great. They had our donuts. I was told that Pop was that way because the store is connected to the food court. But at CBR the store is connected to the food court, and I thought there was plenty of selection, so who knows.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #864
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Which building is best to request for a family with small children? I have bad knees and hips so I would like to request a ground room but which buildings are closest to the food area/pool?

TIA. It came down to CBR and POFQ for our March 2011 visit and the kids have chosen CBR...I'm pretty sure they will enjoy the theme there more anyway.

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #865
claryche
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilandvisma View Post
Which building is best to request for a family with small children? I have bad knees and hips so I would like to request a ground room but which buildings are closest to the food area/pool?

TIA. It came down to CBR and POFQ for our March 2011 visit and the kids have chosen CBR...I'm pretty sure they will enjoy the theme there more anyway.
The closest ones to the pool and food are the preferred locations, which you have to pay more for them. Which are Trinidad North and Martinique 24,25,26. That is why I picked Martinique 22 and 23. I have also heard that Aruba 51 and Jamaica 45 are good choices. However, with a bad knee and hips, you might want to pay the extra money for a preferred location. The walk for us from Martinique 23 to the food court was about 10 minutes, slow walker. I can't tell you the actual mileage, but I do know that when you get off the bus after a full day at a park and all you want is to get to your room and then to get some food, then the food court is a hike. Now of course you can always stop off at the food court first, there is a bus stop there. And you would only have the one walk back to your room, which after sitting and eating might not be too hard to do. But I know that I try to save money, and I think if we stay at CBR again I will pay for the preferred locations. I would have loved to have been just 2 or 3 minutes from that hot tub on many of nights. Hope this helps.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #866
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The closest ones to the pool and food are the preferred locations, which you have to pay more for them. Which are Trinidad North and Martinique 24,25,26. That is why I picked Martinique 22 and 23. I have also heard that Aruba 51 and Jamaica 45 are good choices. However, with a bad knee and hips, you might want to pay the extra money for a preferred location. The walk for us from Martinique 23 to the food court was about 10 minutes, slow walker. I can't tell you the actual mileage, but I do know that when you get off the bus after a full day at a park and all you want is to get to your room and then to get some food, then the food court is a hike. Now of course you can always stop off at the food court first, there is a bus stop there. And you would only have the one walk back to your room, which after sitting and eating might not be too hard to do. But I know that I try to save money, and I think if we stay at CBR again I will pay for the preferred locations. I would have loved to have been just 2 or 3 minutes from that hot tub on many of nights. Hope this helps.
Thanks and yes, it does help. I have a retired dancers body lol, so sometimes a lot of issues esp. after those long days at the parks w/ 3 littles !

Are Aruba/Jamaica more $$? We will also have our own vehicle, if that makes a difference so I'm not really concerned with bus service much...but the main pool is by Trinidad and Martinique?

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
Old 11-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #867
mickeyboat
Nothing like the cream and chocolate combination
Thank you for omitting the footwear today
Moons are a sign of intelligence and beauty

Aruba and Jamaica are not extra money - at least if you don't request a water view room.

If you have your own car, you can drive and park at the pool area and not need to worry about the distance away.

So couldnít we all come to the conclusion that itís not the PLACE that counts, itís the people who contribute to it? - Delswife
Old 11-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #868
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
I have to agree too. In fact I wouldn't want them to pick up that stuff. Maybe I was saving the wrapper for a phone number on it or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post

Yes the number on the first page goes to a call center

Quote:
I booked through Disney, so I called the regular Disney Travel number and put my request on my reservation. Then about 5 days before our arrival, I called the resort directly. I used the number posted at the beginning of this thread. I asked that I was just verifying that they had my request and they did have it. Now I assumed that I was calling the resort directly, but I might not have been. But I got my request and when I mentioned it at check in that I got my request, the lady said well yes you did, looking at something. So it wasn't like I got my request by accident, they did actually have it on file.
That number goes to the call center.

Quote:
I loved our room placement at CBR. It was like 2 minutes to the bus stop if that. 5 minutes to the village pool if that and like 10 minutes to the food court and large pool. And again we are slow walkers.

We just had great experiences at All Star Movies.So I guess it was just the people that made the real difference. Except that we also didn't like how at Pop that the food they offered in the shop was so limited. We typically buy a box of donuts for breakfast, my DS still calls them Mickey donuts at the grocery store. And Pop didn't carry those donuts, because of their limited food in the store. When we stayed at Pop, we actually drove to ASMovies to buy some donuts and get my DS some stickers. Silly I know. And also I like Movies over Music and Sports, for the icons. Hope this helps.
They do have the donuts at Pop. I have seen them in the food court on all 3 stays. Back in the grab and go section, or near there.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #869
drakes
DIS Veteran

This will be our first stay at CBR. Previous trips were ASMovies, WL, AKL Jambo House. All trips were great for their own reasons.
I do not mind the values at all and ASMovies was great. We were located in the Mighty Ducks area (first we were upset) but realized it was great for getting to ASMusic. We actually were closer to ASMusics food court, bus stop, and we had to use their pool as AS Movies was in refurb. We enjoyed being able to do this at the All Stars. The buses for AStars were also no worse that that for WL or AKL, possibly the morning buses were less full at WL and AKL, but nighttime they were all packed, made no difference where you stayed.

I requested ground floor for medical reasons, we have booked Water View and DH asked for Aruba and Jamaica, close to the Cay bridge. This is noted on our reservation that was emailed to us. I know they won't guarantee this, however I am sure Disney will provide us a great room. So far they have fullfilled all our room requests and more (free upgrade at AKL)

My only concern with CBR is the bus system. I am not sure I will enjoy stopping around the resort internally. However guess this is the same as some deluxes sharing bus routes (example, we stopped at Poly in the morning when we stayed at WL).

Anyhow - don't question the All Stars, I think they are great.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #870
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Thanks to everyone for the answers! I did put in a room request with our reservation, realizing of course that I might not get it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: