Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #781
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land View Post
Thanks mcd!!

Another question for you folks: this will be our first trip using the buses, and I know there has been information all over this thread, but I was wondering if someone could give a "rundown" of bus-riding advice and guidelines for us rookies? Any tips on dealing with strollers? How long should we expect things to take? Are there major differences between the different parks and DTD? Just any heads up that would be good for someone to know who has never done this before would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I think so much of everyone's experience and impression of the bus service really does boil down to luck. You can get to the bus stop looking for a MK bus and one comes immediately. However, there could be a family there who just missed the prvious MK bus by a minute and waited 20 minutes for the same bus you just caught. You're both on the same bus, yet, will report a totally different experience/satisfaction level of the bus service based on that trip to MK. And at any given time, you could be the lucky or unlucky one.

CBR is pretty centrally located, so the trips from the resort to the parks isn't bad with the longest being to MK. Once you leave the CBR grounds, it takes about 15 minutes to get to MK, about 10-15 to AK (which shares a bus with Blizzrd Beach), and about 5 minutes each for Epcot and DHS. Downtown Disney shares a bus with Typhoon Lagoon and they are about 10 minutes away - the main difference with the DTD buses is that they run much later than the parks' buses. In general, you should plan to be at the bus stop approx 1 hour before whatever time you need to be somewhere (you could add 10 minutes for MK, maybe 10 less for Epcot & DHS). Never took a stroller on the buses, but know that you will have to fold them up.

Sometimes, you can encounter a long line and wait for a bus back to your resort if you leave a park right at closing after a performance of Wishes/Illuminations/Fantasmic. If you avoid leaving right at those times, you should be fine. If you are at the parks until closing, you may want to have a snack, browse the shops, etc. for a little while until crowds at the bus stations dissipate.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #782
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land View Post
Thanks mcd!!

Another question for you folks: this will be our first trip using the buses, and I know there has been information all over this thread, but I was wondering if someone could give a "rundown" of bus-riding advice and guidelines for us rookies? Any tips on dealing with strollers? How long should we expect things to take? Are there major differences between the different parks and DTD? Just any heads up that would be good for someone to know who has never done this before would be much appreciated! Thanks!

CBR has a great location, making for quick bus rides. There are 7 bus stops within the resort, so allow for up to 10 minutes to make all those stops before actually leaving the resort (usually it's shorter, depending on what stop you are using and where the bus started). Once the bus leaves the resort (I timed it on our last stay there) it is 3 minutes to DHS, 5 to Epcot, 9 to DTD, and 11 to MK and AK. Always allow for up to 20 minutes to wait on a bus, although they usually come sooner.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Momof2Disneyboys; 10-29-2010 at 04:37 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2010, 08:39 PM   #783
dislover8943
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlenhum View Post
We just got back from 8 days at CBR. We were in Trinidad South in building 34. Seriously I don't know what people are complaining about when they say it's so far from everything and the place is too big. It took me all of about 5 minutes to walk from my room to the main pool. I am VERY VERY Pooh sized and out of shape, and I have rheumatoid arthritis, and I made it in about 5 minute. I also stopped to snap a few photos along the way.

I'm so glad we didn't change our minds about the pirate rooms after reading about how far away from everything Trinidad South was. I was having second thoughts.
Thank you! I keep reading the negatives and questioning my choice. We are going to be staying in trinadad south as well.
September 2013 CBR
Planning October 2014 birthday trip!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #784
stuffed withfluff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislover8943 View Post
Thank you! I keep reading the negatives and questioning my choice. We are going to be staying in trinadad south as well.
me too me too me too! we had to book a handicapped room and all they had was the pirate rooms and we were getting nervous, my ma has neropathy or the legs and heart failure so i was concerned about the distance from trinidad south but now i am excited!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #785
dislover8943
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffed withfluff View Post
me too me too me too! we had to book a handicapped room and all they had was the pirate rooms and we were getting nervous, my ma has neropathy or the legs and heart failure so i was concerned about the distance from trinidad south but now i am excited!
I think no matter where you stay there is going to be someone that was unhappy about something so we just have to consider that. I'm sure we will enjoy it. Have a great time on your trip
September 2013 CBR
Planning October 2014 birthday trip!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #786
wendyt_ca
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if there is a gym/fitness centre at CBR?

GCF/Vegas April 26-May 3, 2014/AKL SV(DVC)/BLT TPV(DVC) Oct 12-20, 2013 (Girl's Trip)/AOA/AKL SV(DVC) - May 12-20,2013 (1st Trip with little brother)/Townhouse condo off-site - Feb 13-20, 2013/AKL SV/BLT TPV (DVC) - Oct 3-9, 2012 / DLH Paris (DVC) - Sept 10-12, 2012 - London/Paris vacation/AKL(DVC) - April 21-29th, 2012(Girl's trip)/Split Stay - Poly TPV/AKL SV/CR MK View - Oct 11 - 19, 2011 /CBR Oct 31 - Nov 8, 2010 /The Venetian Las Vegas Sept 25 - 30, 2010 - First trip to Disneyland / CSR Nov 27 - Dec 8 2009 /POP June 15, 2008 - June 25, 2008 - Our Disney Honeymoon / Sheraton Vistana Sept 22, 2006-30, 2006 - First Trip/DH proposed during Wishes in Rose Garden
Old 10-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #787
wendyt_ca
DIS Veteran

Also I saw that the ipool closes at 10pm??? Is there any pools or hot tubs open past then?

GCF/Vegas April 26-May 3, 2014/AKL SV(DVC)/BLT TPV(DVC) Oct 12-20, 2013 (Girl's Trip)/AOA/AKL SV(DVC) - May 12-20,2013 (1st Trip with little brother)/Townhouse condo off-site - Feb 13-20, 2013/AKL SV/BLT TPV (DVC) - Oct 3-9, 2012 / DLH Paris (DVC) - Sept 10-12, 2012 - London/Paris vacation/AKL(DVC) - April 21-29th, 2012(Girl's trip)/Split Stay - Poly TPV/AKL SV/CR MK View - Oct 11 - 19, 2011 /CBR Oct 31 - Nov 8, 2010 /The Venetian Las Vegas Sept 25 - 30, 2010 - First trip to Disneyland / CSR Nov 27 - Dec 8 2009 /POP June 15, 2008 - June 25, 2008 - Our Disney Honeymoon / Sheraton Vistana Sept 22, 2006-30, 2006 - First Trip/DH proposed during Wishes in Rose Garden
Old 10-29-2010, 01:29 AM   #788
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyt_ca View Post
Does anyone know if there is a gym/fitness centre at CBR?
No, the only moderate with a gym/fitness center is Corodado Springs.

Last edited by aubriee; 10-29-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:08 AM   #789
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyt_ca View Post
Also I saw that the ipool closes at 10pm??? Is there any pools or hot tubs open past then?

The main pool, hot tubs, and quiet pools are open 24hrs. The slides and kiddie pirate ship play area close at 8pm when lifeguards go off duty.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:31 AM   #790
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
If you are at the parks until closing, you may want to have a snack, browse the shops, etc. for a little while until crowds at the bus stations dissipate.
Great advice!

This is what we usually do & never have a problem. Busses run a good hour or two after park closing.
We figure why not sit for 45 minutes & relax w/a drink & snack instead of standing in line 45 minutes? We would probably end up on the same bus back either way.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #791
mickeyboat
Nothing like the cream and chocolate combination
Thank you for omitting the footwear today
Moons are a sign of intelligence and beauty

We got back yesterday from our stay at CBR. We loved the resort. I asked for Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 and got Jamaica 46. We loved the room, Mousekeeping was great (we got towel animals our first day and she arranged the kids animals in the window the other days, we got plenty of soap, shampoo and coffee). We loved the location even though we kept getting lost finding our room. We were not bothered by the walk to OPR. We loved the pools, too!

They are refurbishing Caribbean Cay - so we didn't get to enjoy it much.

We didn't like the buses, though. We didn't mind that there were many stops around the resort, but trying to get back to CBR from the parks was not fun, especially at park closing times. The CBR line was always the longest and it seemed to take the bus people a long time to get more buses to the resorts to handle the crowds. It seems to me that if they know CBR is the largest resort, they would plan to have more buses picking up CBR guests. I guess we could have just waited in the parks until the crowd cleared, but we were so ready to get back to the resort!

So couldnít we all come to the conclusion that itís not the PLACE that counts, itís the people who contribute to it? - Delswife
Old 10-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #792
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Thanks again mcd and mom of boys!! We've done Disney often enough lately to have a good grasp on what we're doing, except for the buses, so I just have this fear of the unknown!! I'm sure we'll be fine, but I just have this feeling I'd get there and go, "oh shoot! I should have asked the Dis about this BEFORE I left!!"

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Old 10-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #793
wendyt_ca
DIS Veteran

We leave tomorrow morning for CBR!!!

Old 10-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #794
cindykelley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyboat View Post
We got back yesterday from our stay at CBR. We loved the resort. I asked for Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 and got Jamaica 46. We loved the room, Mousekeeping was great (we got towel animals our first day and she arranged the kids animals in the window the other days, we got plenty of soap, shampoo and coffee). We loved the location even though we kept getting lost finding our room. We were not bothered by the walk to OPR. We loved the pools, too!

They are refurbishing Caribbean Cay - so we didn't get to enjoy it much.

We didn't like the buses, though. We didn't mind that there were many stops around the resort, but trying to get back to CBR from the parks was not fun, especially at park closing times. The CBR line was always the longest and it seemed to take the bus people a long time to get more buses to the resorts to handle the crowds. It seems to me that if they know CBR is the largest resort, they would plan to have more buses picking up CBR guests. I guess we could have just waited in the parks until the crowd cleared, but we were so ready to get back to the resort!
Glad to hear you liked CBR since we are going in 4 weeks, but do you know how long they will be refurbishing Caribbean Cay? I can't find any info about it on the websites. It's definitely not a dealbreaker, but I would like to be able to explore everything.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:48 PM   #795
Monorail Fan:)
Disney Dude

Great Pool, Great Food Court, Great Rooms= Caribbean Beach

We stayed in one of the Nemo rooms, and it looked great!
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming

Our teeth and ambition are bared. Be prepared.
And now a special death for one so fair
You poor, simple fools. Thinking you could defeat me.
Come on, you Poor, Unfortunate Soul. Go ahead. Make your choice.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: