Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 07:36 AM   #676
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
Hi
Where do you get a taxi from at CBR? Old Port Royal or the Custom House? We want to get one the last day of our stay to go to an early breakfast. We didn't want to waste time on the bus. Also, on our last day, if we decide to swim for a while, can we take the bus that goes around the resort from the pool area to get to the Custom House to get the Magical Express bus? Thanks!!
In the past (at other resorts) we called down to bell services ahead of time to let them know we wanted a cab. That way they can arrange for one to be there when you get there. Give them a good 30 - 60 minutes. That way you are sure it will be waiting for you instead of getting there & finding out there are none around & you have to wait.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #677
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

I wonder the same way! thanks for the info!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #678
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
In the past (at other resorts) we called down to bell services ahead of time to let them know we wanted a cab. That way they can arrange for one to be there when you get there. Give them a good 30 - 60 minutes. That way you are sure it will be waiting for you instead of getting there & finding out there are none around & you have to wait.
I saw them at the Custom House when we checked in.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:11 AM   #679
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

We had a great stay at CBR this time. Much better than in 2006. We got our request for Jamaica 45 which was wonderful. Our room was clean(except for a spider web on one of the lamps but no biggie) and mousekeeping was wonderful. Our friends with a 4 yo got a towel animal and her dolls arranged a few times as well as a welcome signed photo from Mickey and the gang to celebrate their first visit to WDW.
We were in room 4540, courtyard view 2nd floor and very close to ice machine and stairs that led right to the bridge. The walk to OPR was nice and not too far at all. The walk to our quiet pool and laundry wasn't far either. We loved everything about the place except busses were still a bit of an issue...not terrible but since we had a car we used it most of the time to avoid waits.
I would definitely stay here again, but we are huge fans of the Epcot resorts because we love just strolling over to Epcot so when we can afford it that will still be our first choice, but as far as Mods go CBR is very relaxing and fun, especially if you are in Jamaica or one of the preferred buildings.
Oh, and I highly recommend express check in. We were in and out in 3 minutes! Awesome!!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #680
jeanylaser

awesome I love CBR!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #681
OhioDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

My wife and I just got back from our first stay at CBR and we loved it. We were in Trinidad North (3206) which was a corner room and had a view of the lake and the beach. Quick walk to Port Royale and a quick walk to the bus stop (but we rented a car - NOT a bus fan). Pool was great and didn't seem crowded to us. Room was clean and well kept. Pool bar staff was very friendly and helpful. We'd definitely stay there again.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #682
mickeyboat
Nothing like the cream and chocolate combination
Thank you for omitting the footwear today
Moons are a sign of intelligence and beauty

Thanks everyone for the great reviews of CBR. We leave in 12 days! I will check back with my review when we get back.

So couldnít we all come to the conclusion that itís not the PLACE that counts, itís the people who contribute to it? - Delswife
Old 10-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #683
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Totally off topic, but I thought I would ask you knowledgable ladies and gents.
Do you know if any of the "delivery" places deliver cigerettes? My DH is famous for bringing 1 pack on vacation, and then gripes when his brand isn't in stock, or how much they are. I thought if we could order them along with water and juice, we could avoid a bit of complaining.
Also I know I read that one place does deliver beer too. Anyone remember which one and how you go about it?
Old 10-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #684
jeanylaser

Thanks for the info! Oh! Does CBR deliver pizza too!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #685
lisam427
DIS Veteran

we stayed at cbr sept 6th thru 14th. we were 4 adults, 1 infant. we were in Martinique 26. the transportation was good, rooms were clean. we ate all of our quick service meals in the food court. there were lots of choices and i only had 1 burger during the trip . the main pool was really nice. i really cant say anything terrible about the resort but we probably wouldnt go back. my family and i all agreed that we liked port orleans riverside a lot better.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #686
jeanylaser

thanks for the lot of info!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #687
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisam427 View Post
we stayed at cbr sept 6th thru 14th. we were 4 adults, 1 infant. we were in Martinique 26. the transportation was good, rooms were clean. we ate all of our quick service meals in the food court. there were lots of choices and i only had 1 burger during the trip . the main pool was really nice. i really cant say anything terrible about the resort but we probably wouldnt go back. my family and i all agreed that we liked port orleans riverside a lot better.
I'm glad to hear that you had a good stay. We have stayed in Martinique 26 before too.

Thankfully, Disney has lots of different resorts so we can all find one that fits us.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #688
babyrich
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"

We just got back from CBR yesterday. We had a room in Jamaica. Although the resort was nice, it was too crowded for us. The pool was absolutely insane. The hot tub was always full, not just with adults but kids jumping and splashing so it was not relaxing.

As for the transportation it was the worse we have experienced. We had breakfast ressies at 8:05am at MK. I asked what time the busses start running and was told I around 6:30. So we got to the Jamaica bus stop by 6:20. There were 2 families there already with ressies at Chef Mickey's for 7:15 and 7:30. 6:30, no bus, another family shows up for ressies at MK. 6:40, no bus. Finally we called to say we had been waiting and we found out that each group was told a different time that the bus would start running. Finally a bus came after the call around 6:50; but had to make all the stops around the resort and the driver told us that he normally doesnt start until 7am! So why would they tell someone to be there by 6:15????? Well the driver took them right to the Contemporary but they were late.

Overall we thought the transportation was bad in comparison to the other resorts we stayed at.

Beautiful resort, food was fine; but the transportation blew it.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #689
jeanylaser

thanks for a quite info!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #690
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrich View Post
We just got back from CBR yesterday. We had a room in Jamaica. Although the resort was nice, it was too crowded for us. The pool was absolutely insane. The hot tub was always full, not just with adults but kids jumping and splashing so it was not relaxing.

As for the transportation it was the worse we have experienced. We had breakfast ressies at 8:05am at MK. I asked what time the busses start running and was told I around 6:30. So we got to the Jamaica bus stop by 6:20. There were 2 families there already with ressies at Chef Mickey's for 7:15 and 7:30. 6:30, no bus, another family shows up for ressies at MK. 6:40, no bus. Finally we called to say we had been waiting and we found out that each group was told a different time that the bus would start running. Finally a bus came after the call around 6:50; but had to make all the stops around the resort and the driver told us that he normally doesnt start until 7am! So why would they tell someone to be there by 6:15????? Well the driver took them right to the Contemporary but they were late.

Overall we thought the transportation was bad in comparison to the other resorts we stayed at.

Beautiful resort, food was fine; but the transportation blew it.
I'm sorry to hear that the bus transportation was bad during your stay. We haven't ever had a problem with the buses but we also haven't had an early breakfast ADR either.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: