Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #436
MouseKrazy
Mouseketeer

Subscribing!! I'm heading to CBR next January if everything pans out, I'll know in 2 weeks! SO super excited!!!!!

05/2011 - WDW - POFQ
12/2007 - WDW - Poly
09/2005 - WDW - POP Century
04/2003 - WDW - Offsite
2001 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
1991 - DL - Christmas
1985 - DL - First-timer
Old 09-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #437
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Great report, thanks for sharing! The pirate cruise is on Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday morning and is a great time for the kids! Here is some info about it from when my kids went ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2074555&page=6[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! I remembering glancing at your thread before we left, but I must not have made it far enough for that part. You're a huge help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

It's always nice to hear another person post about the walks from the buildings to Old Port Royale. We have never found the walks to be very long either.
I was expecting that we wouldn't find it too terrible. We seem to find that holds true with most of what people complain "it's too far" on here. Maybe it's just how much time you spend walking outside of WDW? Who knows. Glad I'm not alone in that thinking, too!
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #438
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseKrazy View Post
Subscribing!! I'm heading to CBR next January if everything pans out, I'll know in 2 weeks! SO super excited!!!!!
Hi there fellow Albertan! Have you been to CBR before? We've stayed there twice so far and will be back in November. We just love it there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Great report, thanks for sharing! The pirate cruise is on Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday morning and is a great time for the kids! Here is some info about it from when my kids went ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2074555&page=6
Thank you so much! I remembering glancing at your thread before we left, but I must not have made it far enough for that part. You're a huge help!

I was expecting that we wouldn't find it too terrible. We seem to find that holds true with most of what people complain "it's too far" on here. Maybe it's just how much time you spend walking outside of WDW? Who knows. Glad I'm not alone in that thinking, too! [/QUOTE]

I don't get how people complain about walking at CBR either. It's not too far and it's always been very pleasant while we're staying there. Compared to the mileage you do around the parks, it's small change.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #439
almacdonald
DIS Veteran

Wow, full of Albertans! We're staying at CBR in November. 3rd trip, first at a mod. We stayed at POP and ASMu so I'm excited for something new.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #440
MouseKrazy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_guy View Post
Hi there fellow Albertan! Have you been to CBR before? We've stayed there twice so far and will be back in November. We just love it there!
Tee hee, between the three of us, I think we have the north, middle and south covered! Go go Alberta!

I've never stayed at CBR before, just POP and Poly, so I'm looking very much forward to it after seeing all the pics and what everyone has to say! These boards are awesome for trying to pick a resort, so much info!!!!

05/2011 - WDW - POFQ
12/2007 - WDW - Poly
09/2005 - WDW - POP Century
04/2003 - WDW - Offsite
2001 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
1991 - DL - Christmas
1985 - DL - First-timer
Old 09-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #441
almacdonald
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseKrazy View Post
Tee hee, between the three of us, I think we have the north, middle and south covered! Go go Alberta!

I've never stayed at CBR before, just POP and Poly, so I'm looking very much forward to it after seeing all the pics and what everyone has to say! These boards are awesome for trying to pick a resort, so much info!!!!
If Dis Guy is from where i think he's from (I mean come on, how many places are there in NE Alberta?!), then I'm originally from there too. Only a south transplant!

I'm pretty easy to please so unless there are any major sanitation issues, i'm sure I'm going to love CBR.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #442
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by almacdonald View Post
If Dis Guy is from where i think he's from (I mean come on, how many places are there in NE Alberta?!), then I'm originally from there too. Only a south transplant!

I'm pretty easy to please so unless there are any major sanitation issues, i'm sure I'm going to love CBR.
Not that far north, as in Fort Mac.; we're more in the southern end of the northeast. On an acreage in the St. Paul area, to be more specific.

Housekeeping has never been an issue at CBR for our three previous stays. The rooms have always been cleaned well.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #443
almacdonald
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_guy View Post
Not that far north, as in Fort Mac.; we're more in the southern end of the northeast. On an acreage in the St. Paul area, to be more specific.

Housekeeping has never been an issue at CBR for our three previous stays. The rooms have always been cleaned well.
Ok, well, I guessed wrong then!

Disney rooms have always been fairly clean so I don't foresee any problems. Besides, my eyes are usually closed when I'm in the room anyway ;-)
Old 09-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #444
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by almacdonald View Post
Ok, well, I guessed wrong then!

Besides, my eyes are usually closed when I'm in the room anyway ;-)
Lol, how true.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #445
javamom
Rumored Avatar Fairy
Wooo hoooty it's been fun!

Location: Probably pouring over a park map, planning someone else's trip for them!

The last 2 nights of my trip are booked here.
Do the pirate rooms have double sinks?
Can you tell me if any of the pirate rooms have water views?

Also what would be a good room request for the pirate rooms. I know that I definitely want a first floor, since there are no elevators.

Anything else that I need to know?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:35 PM   #446
love2go2disney2
Love the Mouse

Subscsribing!!! This is our first family trip to WDW!!! I cant wait!! I stayed at CBR 15 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES I feel old My husband and I cant wait! The kids love the pirate rooms too. Nothing like sharing disney to the next generation!!!

Old 09-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #447
princessmom29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamom View Post
The last 2 nights of my trip are booked here.
Do the pirate rooms have double sinks?
Can you tell me if any of the pirate rooms have water views?

Also what would be a good room request for the pirate rooms. I know that I definitely want a first floor, since there are no elevators.

Anything else that I need to know?
WSater views pirate room is a seperate bookable category, and costs a little more than a regular pirate room.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:04 PM   #448
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Just back from a 9-night stay - brief report

We just got back home around midnight last night. Overall, it was a fantastic trip.

I had done the online check-in, (but since we checked in at around 10:30pm, there was no one on the "regular" line anyway). We had a water-view room reservstion and had requested building 45 (Jamaica) or 51 (Aruba). We ended up in in buliding 45, room 4557. I don't think I could have selected a better room. It was a second-floor, corner room, so we had the extra window with a view of the bay and Caribbean Cay. It was also the closest room to the the ice machine - which was broken the first night, I called the front desk and it was fixed by the next day. The walk to OPR was less than 5 minutes. The only problem inside the room was that the hair dryer more resembled a flame-thrower - yes actual flames were coming out of it! My DW called the front desk and 10 minutes later someone dropped off another one (a regular, not-attached to the wall one). I would have liked to have seen them fix/replace the other one at some point, but they never did. Everything else was fine in the room. Beds/pillows were comfortable. However, we were so tired each night we could have slept on a pile of jagged rocks.

My kids enjoyed the pool, although I must say they should have the slides open later than 8pm - to 10pm at the least, if not midnight. Especially after considering how crowded the pool always was. As a "park commando" myself, I was surprised to see so many people at the pool the one time we were there in the afternoon (we returned to the resort because my DD wasn't feeling great) and the line to go down the longer slide was shockingly long. I always figured that during the day most would/should be at the parks, but I guess not. I was able to make use of the hot tub a few nights after the kids were asleep. very enjoyable, especially since it was very late and therefore I pretty much had it to myself.

I found the food at OPR to be better than I was expecting. The pork and turkey dinner platters were very good. Breakfasts were very good too. The biggest problem was that they had it so cold in there all the time, that your fod would get cold if you didn't eat fast. I didn't eat at Shutters so can't comment on that - although another guest I was talking to while waiting for a bus actually said their meal was excellent. As for other dining in the World, I must say that both Le Celiier and 'Ohana lived up to their "hype" as the toughest two ADRs.

As for the bus service...this was probably the only negative of the trip. Getting to the parks was pretty good. There was just one morning we waited a real long time for the Downtown Disney/Typhoon Laggon bus. However, coming back to the resort at nights was really bad. A few nights ago, leaving MK after Wishes (BTW...did the dessert party, it was nice but wouldn't pay that much for it again) it took over an hour to get on a bus. Over that time, Pop Century (which is the next stall) had 7 or 8 buses to CBR's 3. Which one is value and which is moderate again? This was the case at every park too. Whoever is in charge of dispatching the buses is woefully incompetent. And why is CBR's bus stall prett much the furthest away from the gate at every park - even the water parks?

Old 09-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #449
Plumeria9
DIS Veteran

Question Question re bus transport to Epcot from CBR

I am reading WDW w/ Kids 2011/Fodors book right now. It says that for the Epcot hotels (CBR, right?) we will get dropped off at the World Showcase gate whatever time we go, even before 11a when WS opens. This means we would have to hike thru WS to get to FW? Seems lame-ish, but not too surprised as it is a moderate... please respond if you know the answer! Thanks!!!
POR 6/2014 • DLR 1/13 • CBR 1/2011 • Off-Site WDW 3/09 • Good Neighbor hotel @ DLR 1/09 • Poly 1/07• Honeymoon @ CBR 4/92 • Native Disneylander "Take what you can get, and give nothing back!""If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" - Thumper
Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #450
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumeria9 View Post
I am reading WDW w/ Kids 2011/Fodors book right now. It says that for the Epcot hotels (CBR, right?) we will get dropped off at the World Showcase gate whatever time we go, even before 11a when WS opens. This means we would have to hike thru WS to get to FW? Seems lame-ish, but not too surprised as it is a moderate... please respond if you know the answer! Thanks!!!
Actually, the CBR buses will drop you off at the front of the park (Future World) not at World Showcase.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: