Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #421
Plumeria9
DIS Veteran

Thanks for giving me the heads up on this thread Scubee!!!
POR 6/2014 • DLR 1/13 • CBR 1/2011 • Off-Site WDW 3/09 • Good Neighbor hotel @ DLR 1/09 • Poly 1/07• Honeymoon @ CBR 4/92 • Native Disneylander "Take what you can get, and give nothing back!""If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" - Thumper
Old 08-29-2010, 09:48 AM   #422
HSMndLKfan92
The Force is strong with this one

Never question my Jedi greatness
Meeting by the Fountain of Nations

Subscribing - Looking into booking a trip here next summer. 8)
1997. 2001. 2002 [birthday]. 2003 [birthday]. 2004 [2x]. 2005. 2006. 2007 [May and August]. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011 [graduation]. 2012 [Aulani for breakfast with Mickey]. 2013. 2014 [spring break & June].

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

delta delta delta
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #423
goNsoon2WDW
DIS Veteran

Pool and Waterslide ....

Would anyone be able to give me more information about what the main pool and waterslide is like. My boys (9 & 12) are really looking forward to it but the waterslide looks pretty small. I am not sure if it is more of a "little kids" slide or if it is something they would be excited about. Also, what are the other fun things to do at the pool for boys their age? Thanks.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #424
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goNsoon2WDW View Post
Would anyone be able to give me more information about what the main pool and waterslide is like. My boys (9 & 12) are really looking forward to it but the waterslide looks pretty small. I am not sure if it is more of a "little kids" slide or if it is something they would be excited about. Also, what are the other fun things to do at the pool for boys their age? Thanks.
The main pool is very big, and has a zero entry section and 2 waterslides. One is shorter and open and the other is longer and enclosed. The last time we were there my boys were 7 & 9. Our 7 yr old was very content with the smaller open slide and we couldn't keep our 9 yr old off of the longer enclosed one!! The pool is awesome and definitely has something for the entire family! Here are a lot of pics ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2074555&page=9
Old 08-30-2010, 03:49 PM   #425
Trissy
Indiana is where I live, but Michigan is my home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
If you haven't paid for a preferred location but want to stay in Martinique, I'd suggest Bldg. 23. If you did pay for preferred, then I'd definitely recommend Blgd. 26.

You're quite welcome.
Well I just called to add my room request because I was told on here that faxes aren't really looked at anymore and I requested Martinique and the CM told me that Martinique and Trindad North are preferred locations. So much for that.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #426
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissy View Post
Well I just called to add my room request because I was told on here that faxes aren't really looked at anymore and I requested Martinique and the CM told me that Martinique and Trindad North are preferred locations. So much for that.
Sounds like you got a CM who didn't know much about the CBR. Some of the Martinique buildings are preferred but some are not. Wonder if you could call back and put in a request for Martinique Bldgs. 21, 22 or 23? Those are the non-preferred buildings.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #427
Trissy
Indiana is where I live, but Michigan is my home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Sounds like you got a CM who didn't know much about the CBR. Some of the Martinique buildings are preferred but some are not. Wonder if you could call back and put in a request for Martinique Bldgs. 21, 22 or 23? Those are the non-preferred buildings.
yeah it's pretty frustrating when you talk with someone who doesn't know. I called the other day to find out the operating hours a couple CS restaurants and was told that they open and close with the park. I knew that wasn't true and had to find out on here. No big deal, but since I want to put in a room request...
It's just URGH
Old 08-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #428
Scubee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goNsoon2WDW View Post
Similar to Mom's post/situation, my DS7 used both slides. The open slide is fairly short in length so he didn't enjoy it as much. You see kids as young as 3 going down it. I'm guessing your DS12 might not be too interested in that one. The enclosed slide is a bit longer. While it was fun, DS7 tired of it eventually. He probably made 15-20 trips down during 4-5 pool trips.

The pirate ship area you see in the link from Mom's post has a height cutoff at 48 inches. Outside of the slides, there aren't many more activities to be found. I'm not sure if they do anything special during busier times of the year (we went in early May).
Old 09-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #429
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Smile

Just back last night at midnight. We had an absolutely wonderful time yet again!!!!! We were in Martinique 26 again and we loved it. Booked a Bounce Back offer for next year with Free Dining again. It is the most wonderful resort!!!!!!

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #430
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Our weekend at CBR was WONDERFUL!

I meant to come back here and post about it, but forgot until now. It's now my favorite resort! (so far! We've only done offsite, ASMoa couple times, Pop repeatedly, and CSR) I've already changed our Pop stay for MNSSHP to CBR instead.

I did online check in and was thankful for it. The regular line was soo long, but we walked right up and were on our way. The CMs here were some of the nicest we've met. We got Jamaica 44, and while I didn't like being near a smoking section (I only saw someone smoking once though), everything else was incredible. The rooms are so bright and cheery. We loved the size. The beds and pillows are comfy and everything was spotless. The only problem we had with the room was that ds2 could climb up to reach the sink. At least I didn't have to worry about keeping his hands clean this weekend too much. He suddenly had to wash them about every ten minutes!

The walk to OPR was not even close to as bad as I'd expected either! Maybe five minutes? We do walks and the parks a lot, so that was nothing to this family. The kids' pool area was super crowded but our youngest had a ton of fun with the little water slide. There were quite a few kids in here that were over the height cut off though. They were a little too pushy with the younger ones but no one else seemed to care. We didn't stay that long.

We spent Sunday morning just walking the resort. It is HUGE for sure! We turned back before circling the whole thing to explore the island, the shop, and the arcade a bit. We had a GREAT time at CBR and can't wait to go back!

I do have one question for next time though.. Where can I find some information on the kids' pirate cruise thing here? I wish I had a clue what's it called so I could search for info. I briefly spoke to someone who had a child doing it and I think ds4 would really be into it for our next visit.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #431
Avonlady1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
Just back last night at midnight. We had an absolutely wonderful time yet again!!!!! We were in Martinique 26 again and we loved it. Booked a Bounce Back offer for next year with Free Dining again. It is the most wonderful resort!!!!!!
Welcome home! Glad you had a great time!! We leave in 2 weeks! Quick question about the BB offer...is it different in any way from the current free dining offer that's out for 2011?
Old 09-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #432
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome back! So glad you had another wonderful stay at CBR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
I meant to come back here and post about it, but forgot until now. It's now my favorite resort! (so far! We've only done offsite, ASMoa couple times, Pop repeatedly, and CSR) I've already changed our Pop stay for MNSSHP to CBR instead.

I did online check in and was thankful for it. The regular line was soo long, but we walked right up and were on our way. The CMs here were some of the nicest we've met. We got Jamaica 44, and while I didn't like being near a smoking section (I only saw someone smoking once though), everything else was incredible. The rooms are so bright and cheery. We loved the size. The beds and pillows are comfy and everything was spotless. The only problem we had with the room was that ds2 could climb up to reach the sink. At least I didn't have to worry about keeping his hands clean this weekend too much. He suddenly had to wash them about every ten minutes!

The walk to OPR was not even close to as bad as I'd expected either! Maybe five minutes? We do walks and the parks a lot, so that was nothing to this family. The kids' pool area was super crowded but our youngest had a ton of fun with the little water slide. There were quite a few kids in here that were over the height cut off though. They were a little too pushy with the younger ones but no one else seemed to care. We didn't stay that long.

We spent Sunday morning just walking the resort. It is HUGE for sure! We turned back before circling the whole thing to explore the island, the shop, and the arcade a bit. We had a GREAT time at CBR and can't wait to go back!

I do have one question for next time though.. Where can I find some information on the kids' pirate cruise thing here? I wish I had a clue what's it called so I could search for info. I briefly spoke to someone who had a child doing it and I think ds4 would really be into it for our next visit.
Great report, thanks for sharing! The pirate cruise is on Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday morning and is a great time for the kids! Here is some info about it from when my kids went ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2074555&page=6
Old 09-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #433
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad you had another wonderful stay at the CBR! We once stayed in Martinique 26 and, I agree, it was a fantastic location.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 09-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #434
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post

Happy to hear that you are a CBR fan now. The picture of your son is adorable.

It's always nice to hear another person post about the walks from the buildings to Old Port Royale. We have never found the walks to be very long either.

I knew that Momof2disneyboys would have the link for the pirate cruise and see that she's already provided it for you.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #435
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonlady1001 View Post
Welcome home! Glad you had a great time!! We leave in 2 weeks! Quick question about the BB offer...is it different in any way from the current free dining offer that's out for 2011?
You know, I don't think so, but they had a flyer in the room so we went on and booked while we were there. They lady on the phone said we were getting a room disc. but I doubt that. But I hadn't booked for next year before we left, so when the flyer was put in our room, we just booked before we left and now I can relax and know its there. But I do want to look and see if the dates are the same.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: