Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #406
jc040404
DIS Veteran
 
jc040404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 1,997

I just booked CBR for this weekend! We were just going to a park for the day on saturday, but decided to make a weekend of it about ten minutes ago. I'm so nervous about trying this resort, even if only for a night. I took standard with the AP rate and only put a ground floor request for stroller purposes. Should I call and add something else? Is it too late if I've already done online check in? I'm concerned about the weather, but ds is hoping to check out the pool if it cooperates. Hope this goes well! At only 38 bucks more than what was available at Pop, I figured we might as well try something new!
__________________
jc040404 is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #407
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimara View Post
First and foremost, thank you for the great information!!!
We just happened to choose the CBR blindly for our upcoming trip and after reading the boards we are thrilled! We usually just sleep at the hotel and spend all our time at the parks, but we are now determined to lounge around the resort and enjoy it.

We will be going to CBR for the first time in January (marathon weekend plus lots of days after as a reward if we live through our first 1/2 marathon ).
We are 3 adult women. I am not wanting to share a double bed and thought I would be fine on a cot. After reading through the treads on CBR I am wondering if any adults have used the cots available or are they mainly for kids? Have you or any adults you know slept on the cots? If so, how were they? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you all!

~kimara~
(and happysmyly)
Yes - be sure to take some time to enjoy the resort.

I'm not sure about the size of the cots. You might want to look into buying an air mattress - twin or double. There's plenty of room for one in the CBR rooms. We bought ours at Target about 2-3 years ago and love it! It deflates and fits back into the luggage and doesn't take up much room.


Quote:
Originally Posted by witchesbrew View Post
I'm so happy I switched our reservation to CBR! We saved over $900 by changing from the Poly to CBR
While it would be nice to stay on the monorail, I think we'll enjoy this resort just as much
I signed up my DD for the pirate cruise that leaves from the CBR marina. It looks like a lot of fun
I'm sure you will love CBR! And the pirate cruise is a lot of fun -- according to my kids!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
I just booked CBR for this weekend! We were just going to a park for the day on saturday, but decided to make a weekend of it about ten minutes ago. I'm so nervous about trying this resort, even if only for a night. I took standard with the AP rate and only put a ground floor request for stroller purposes. Should I call and add something else? Is it too late if I've already done online check in? I'm concerned about the weather, but ds is hoping to check out the pool if it cooperates. Hope this goes well! At only 38 bucks more than what was available at Pop, I figured we might as well try something new!
Wow what a fun last minute idea! Have a great weekend!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #408
verticalchaos
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche View Post
I might have missed it on here somewhere, didn't look through all the posts. But what I was wondering was if there was a map of the CBR that had the mileage listed. As far as the actual distance from say Aruba 56 to the main pool? Just trying to figure out if a preferred location is worth the extra 230 bucks.
Given that the lake is like 1.2 miles or so (per the jogging trail) ALL THE WAY AROUND, and there's a path across the lake, it's definitely safe to say less than a mile.
verticalchaos is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 02:06 AM   #409
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 46,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubee View Post
Sorry. I've never seen a map with distances on it like that. I had a similar question before our May visit and tried using Google Maps' new walking directions to get an idea. Unfortunately, that capability is still in beta and doesn't actually map along walking paths yet. You can still use it to zoom in on the resort and the legend will offer distances of 50 feet and up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche View Post
Thanks, I'll try that out. I was hoping that there was some cool map, like I see on here all the time, typically by Robo. Oh well.

FWIW, if you go to a site called mapmyrun.com, and "jump to" (it's a really busy website, lots of stuff on the page, but it's a spot ON the map on the top just to the right of center) "orlando, FL", AND use a "hybrid view" ,which is a dropdown right next to the "jump to" box, you can get a *basic* look at the paths. There's lots of foliage, so it's not going to be anywhere near exact, and it would probably be good to have an image of the basic maps that people have scanned and posted (are they in this thread somewhere?) of the resort, but you could get a very rough estimate of it with mapmyrun.
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now  
Old 08-25-2010, 06:55 AM   #410
TinkerbellsMom0923
DisneyFreak
 
TinkerbellsMom0923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
I just booked CBR for this weekend! We were just going to a park for the day on saturday, but decided to make a weekend of it about ten minutes ago. I'm so nervous about trying this resort, even if only for a night. I took standard with the AP rate and only put a ground floor request for stroller purposes. Should I call and add something else? Is it too late if I've already done online check in? I'm concerned about the weather, but ds is hoping to check out the pool if it cooperates. Hope this goes well! At only 38 bucks more than what was available at Pop, I figured we might as well try something new!
CBR is great and the pool is awsome. You'll have a great time!
__________________
TinkerbellsMom0923 is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 07:44 AM   #411
NannyC
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 45

We have a Grand Gathering booked for June 2011. 22 of us in 6 different rooms at CBR. Now my question... My parents will be in one room and they both have ECV's. I have looked at pictures online of the rooms, but can someone tell me realistically if there will be enough room to park 2 ECV's in a CBR room, and still be able to move around? We stayed at Wilderness Lodge in 2008, my dad had an ECV and it was a tight fit with just the two of them and the ECV in that room. Thanks for any help or advice.
__________________
me dh

Last edited by NannyC; 08-25-2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: grammar
NannyC is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #412
Scubee
DIS Veteran
 
Scubee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 642

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyC View Post
We have a Grand Gathering booked for June 2011. 22 of us in 6 different rooms at CBR. Now my question... My parents will be in one room and they both have ECV's. I have looked at pictures online of the rooms, but can someone tell me realistically if there will be enough room to park 2 ECV's in a CBR room, and still be able to move around? We stayed at Wilderness Lodge in 2008, my dad had an ECV and it was a tight fit with just the two of them and the ECV in that room. Thanks for any help or advice.
We stashed our moderately-sized stroller against the wall that the door swings toward. Even then, it took up a lot of space when compared to the room size. You may have to consider removing the table and chairs from the room to park the second ECV there.
Scubee is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #413
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,875

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyC View Post
We have a Grand Gathering booked for June 2011. 22 of us in 6 different rooms at CBR. Now my question... My parents will be in one room and they both have ECV's. I have looked at pictures online of the rooms, but can someone tell me realistically if there will be enough room to park 2 ECV's in a CBR room, and still be able to move around? We stayed at Wilderness Lodge in 2008, my dad had an ECV and it was a tight fit with just the two of them and the ECV in that room. Thanks for any help or advice.
There is a bench in the room and I'm pretty sure that could be moved. You could put the bench near the wall in the closet area. That should open up some space for one of the ECVs. I would think that the other could be placed in the open area between the wall with the window (and air conditioner) and the bed.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #414
Trissy
Indiana is where I live, but Michigan is my home
 
Trissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: South of the Lake
Posts: 465

Just booked last night for the first week in November

We havent' been to CBR since 2007 so we're excited. When did they redo the rooms to Nemo theme?

We always stay in Aruba or Jamica, but I'm going to fax in a room request for Martinique. Any building suggestions?

Oh and we are going to the MVMCP on the 8th too, can't wait, hope the weather is nice.

__________________
09/2002 CBR ~ 08/2005 CBR ~ 08/2006 CSR+SWAN+CBR ~ 09/2007 CBR ~ 04/2009 CSR ~ 11/2010 CBR
Trissy is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #415
NannyC
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 45

Thanks for the quick answers. All of my parents great grandchildren will be on this trip, and mom really wants us all to stay at the same resort. Moving the table and chairs or the bench should do it. Thanks again.
__________________
me dh
NannyC is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 04:13 PM   #416
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissy View Post
Just booked last night for the first week in November

We havent' been to CBR since 2007 so we're excited. When did they redo the rooms to Nemo theme?

We always stay in Aruba or Jamica, but I'm going to fax in a room request for Martinique. Any building suggestions?

Oh and we are going to the MVMCP on the 8th too, can't wait, hope the weather is nice.

If you haven't paid for a preferred location but want to stay in Martinique, I'd suggest Bldg. 23. If you did pay for preferred, then I'd definitely recommend Blgd. 26.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyC View Post
Thanks for the quick answers. All of my parents great grandchildren will be on this trip, and mom really wants us all to stay at the same resort. Moving the table and chairs or the bench should do it. Thanks again.
You're quite welcome.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #417
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran
 
Ariel on Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,261

milk

We're flying in and not getting a rental car this time, so I was going to place an order w/ Gardengrocer. But I'm wondering if things like milk were substantially more expensive at the grab-n-go, just to avoid having as many cold things transported. I'd like to think they wouldn't mark up milk all that much, but it is Disney, and as much as I love it, they do tend to overprice a lot of things!!! So does anyone have an idea about this?
__________________
Me , DH , Twin DSs , and DD

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #418
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,111

CBR and TIW

I just realized the other day that we will be staying at CBR and they do not have any Tables in Wonderland places to eat for breakfast or lunch. Since we have used TIW we have stayed at Values and Deluxe where they have a place to use TIW for all meal times. I did have to contact TIW for another reason but I did ask why nothing at CBR for the 2 meals and no real answer. I did ask to suggest that they do add a place for breakfast and lunch offerings since that's the only resort I can think of that does not do so! Hope it works. Anyone else in the same situation, please contact TIW at WDW! Thanks.
disneyfan55 is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #419
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,875

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
I just realized the other day that we will be staying at CBR and they do not have any Tables in Wonderland places to eat for breakfast or lunch. Since we have used TIW we have stayed at Values and Deluxe where they have a place to use TIW for all meal times. I did have to contact TIW for another reason but I did ask why nothing at CBR for the 2 meals and no real answer. I did ask to suggest that they do add a place for breakfast and lunch offerings since that's the only resort I can think of that does not do so! Hope it works. Anyone else in the same situation, please contact TIW at WDW! Thanks.
Did you see this news? http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneydiningexperience.htm#new
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #420
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,111

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yes, I did and that's what prompted me to email my suggestion! I see that WDW adds places to eat at times and thought it was a good suggestion to have a Breakfast/Lunch offering at CBR since all the other resorts seem to have the 3 meal offerings! Thanks!
disneyfan55 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: