Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #3736
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplevalentine View Post

Check out was just as rough as check in. Call bell services to help us with luggage on check out day since luggage is not allowed on the internal shuttle. Our scheduled time was 7:30 and our ME shuttle was 8:25am. Bell services never showed up. We were in a rush since we wanted to get something quick to eat before we left and I had a few snack credits to use up. We walk ourselves over to OPR with our luggage. One of the CM's in the food court assisted us with getting someone to take us over to Custom house to get our ME bus. Now it's too late for us to check our luggage with ME so it has to be stored under the bus. The bellman left our bags on the curb and they almost didn't get on the bus. Lucky the driver asked about them as they could have been left on the curb and we off to the airport.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
FYI, you're supposed to call Bell Services 24 hours before check out time to book them to come get your luggage. It's stated somewhere in the ME paperwork, I forget exactly where.

Sorry about the other room issues, but I think those kind of situations are not the norm, although stuff goes wrong at *any* of the resorts. I remember years ago at the Contemporary we checked into our room and it was infested with bugs - not bedbugs but some flying sort. They were crawling all over the beds!
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #3737
purplevalentine
"If Woody would of went straight to the police then none of this would've never happened!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
FYI, you're supposed to call Bell Services 24 hours before check out time to book them to come get your luggage. It's stated somewhere in the ME paperwork, I forget exactly where.

Sorry about the other room issues, but I think those kind of situations are not the norm, although stuff goes wrong at *any* of the resorts. I remember years ago at the Contemporary we checked into our room and it was infested with bugs - not bedbugs but some flying sort. They were crawling all over the beds!

Yes I did call Bell services the day before to schedule luggage help. 7:30am was the time given to me by the CM for pick-up. It was 7:50am when we decided to just go over to OPR so we could get some food and take our luggage with us. The concierge cm had a bellman to come pick us up from there. I know this is not norm, unexpected things happen the most important thing to me that my issues were handled quickly and with care.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #3738
purplevalentine
"If Woody would of went straight to the police then none of this would've never happened!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I'm sorry you had such issues.
Thank you, I had a great time despite the issues. Mom did too, this was her first time ever staying on Disney Property. She was impressed with just about everything else, especially the fact that we had free dining and got to eat at some great restaurants!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #3739
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplevalentine View Post
Yes I did call Bell services the day before to schedule luggage help. 7:30am was the time given to me by the CM for pick-up. It was 7:50am when we decided to just go over to OPR so we could get some food and take our luggage with us. The concierge cm had a bellman to come pick us up from there. I know this is not norm, unexpected things happen the most important thing to me that my issues were handled quickly and with care.
Gotcha, I thought you just called that morning.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
Old 09-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #3740
DisneyFanSherry
Mouseketeer

Online Check in?

Our check in date is on a Thursday, but we will actually arrive around 3 am Friday morning. Should I do online check in so that things are ready or wait until we get there in hopes of getting our requests? I have done the online check in for our past visits, but never had requests attached to the rooms. We are driving in and I wanted to be able to check in when we arrived so we could get a few hours sleep before rushing off to the parks after a 10-12 hour drive.
Thanks!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #3741
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

We love CBR and we were there for 9 days in August, and we also experienced trouble with check out with Bell Svc. I called the morning before we were to check out to book Bell Svc. to pick us us, we were given a time of 10:30 am, then they didn't show up until after 11:00 am, and I called them several times as I didn't want us to get charged for another days stay. They kept saying that they didn't have anyone to come and get us. But we watched a van show up thought it was for us, and the driver got out, went to another room and loaded them up. They finally showed up and we were never charged, but we were a bit hot. On our next trip, we won't be given that much flexibility as our flight is like 9:00 am.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #3742
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Can anyone tell me if the toaster in the foodcourt is available during dinner?
Old 09-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #3743
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Can anyone tell me if the toaster in the foodcourt is available during dinner?
Yup.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #3744
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yup.
Thanks!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #3745
Harmony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplevalentine
Just got back from my trip last Saturday. This was my first time staying at CBR and I wasn't that impressed. Don't get me wrong the grounds are beautiful. I just had problems with checking in and out. Arriving our check in packet was ready an we were assigned Aruba 5502. I was happy with that. After waiting for the internal shuttle my Mom and I arrived at our room. Well the room was horrible. Mold, Mildew and Musty! The carpet was even damp! I just couldn't understand how Mousekeeping could release the room in this condition. There was a light drizzle when we were on the way to the resort but not enough to cause all those problems. There was even black mold on the curtain by the sink area. Called the front desk and they kindly assigned us a new room. We had a choice to move to Aruba 54 or go next door. We moved next door, our luggage hadn't arrived from ME yet. A Bell staff member came out to the room to give us new keys. We were moved to Aruba 5503, opened that door and it still was musty but not as bad as the first room. We weren't there for long as we had ADR's at the Grand Floridian Cafe but my mom did turn ceiling fan off as we left. Arrived back at the room a few hours later. Room still very musty and moldy. Mold spores starting to grow on one of the wall photos!. This time we decided just to go to the front desk. So now we have to get on the internal shuttle to Custom House. Once there I explained the situation to the CM. She was so sweet and could understand our concern. My mom had a bone marrow transplant last summer, she can't be in that environment, nor should I. Finally they reassigned us a room on the 2nd level in Martinique. We were upgraded to a water view room and close to OPR. 3rd times a charm as this room was ok. Seemed like Mousekeeping was a lot better in this area. But we did have to go all the way back to Aruba to get our luggage and them cart them on the internal shuttle to Martinique. No bell services was offered.

Check out was just as rough as check in. Call bell services to help us with luggage on check out day since luggage is not allowed on the internal shuttle. Our scheduled time was 7:30 and our ME shuttle was 8:25am. Bell services never showed up. We were in a rush since we wanted to get something quick to eat before we left and I had a few snack credits to use up. We walk ourselves over to OPR with our luggage. One of the CM's in the food court assisted us with getting someone to take us over to Custom house to get our ME bus. Now it's too late for us to check our luggage with ME so it has to be stored under the bus. The bellman left our bags on the curb and they almost didn't get on the bus. Lucky the driver asked about them as they could have been left on the curb and we off to the airport.

I've never experienced such problems at a Disney Resort. My problems were handled politely by each CM but still I had problems. Changing rooms 3 times in not acceptable. I don't think I will stay at CBR again. Makes me appreciate CS even more, I told my Mom next time I will pay the few extra $$ to stay there.

Karen
Ah, sorry you experienced this. However, I have to say that mousekeeping was definitely lacking during our August visit as well. We were definitely NOT impressed. When I called the front office, the CM was super nice but still, it doesn't negate the fact that I had to call and complain to get what I needed. We will no longer stay at CBR but it is a beautiful resort and I wish I could've come back to the Dis and rave about it but unfortunately, that wasn't the case.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #3746
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

I have a question about parking at the resort. My parents may be staying off site would they be able to park at the resort and go to the park with us for the day?
Old 09-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #3747
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

You'll get a parking pass when u check in which u can give to them. We did that and didn't have a problem
Old 09-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #3748
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
Ah, sorry you experienced this. However, I have to say that mousekeeping was definitely lacking during our August visit as well. We were definitely NOT impressed. When I called the front office, the CM was super nice but still, it doesn't negate the fact that I had to call and complain to get what I needed. We will no longer stay at CBR but it is a beautiful resort and I wish I could've come back to the Dis and rave about it but unfortunately, that wasn't the case.
All Disney resorts can have a bad housekeeper or two. If that is the only issue you had with the resort, it would be a shame to cross it of your list of places to stay. Most housekeepers do a great job, but there are always a few not so great ones out there. You won't get away from them just by staying away from CBR.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #3749
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Possibly staying here next year. Going back to read through all the information.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #3750
Harmony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom

All Disney resorts can have a bad housekeeper or two. If that is the only issue you had with the resort, it would be a shame to cross it of your list of places to stay. Most housekeepers do a great job, but there are always a few not so great ones out there. You won't get away from them just by staying away from CBR.
It wasn't the only negative we experienced during our weeklong visit. CBR does have many positives, however, and I can see why others love it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: