Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #3691
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
Ok so if I'm a single mom with 2 kids alone.. lol I guess I should try and beg and plead to have a ground floor room?
You should have a good chance of getting your request for ground floor. Lots of people request 2nd floor, us included.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #3692
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandmanswife9 View Post
That was the problem. How can you get your ECV up to your room? They were willing to change us and we did get a first floor room but ended up the furthest from food court. Harder on the rest of the group.
That is absolutely ridiculous!!!
I would have lost my cool!
They should have done more to make it easier!!!
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #3693
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I don't think your chances are very good because all of Trinidad North is preferred. So granting your request would actually be giving you a free upgrade. But you can always hope for some pixie dust!

If you want to make a request to be close to OPR in a standard location you can ask for

Martinique 21, 22, 23
Jamaica 45
Aruba 51

All of those are the closed standard locations.
I started a thread with this question but maybe I can get a better answer here, you sound like you know what's happenin'!!

We are staying for the first time at CBR (first time in Disney ever too!) and I've really never stayed at anything other than a Howard Johnson's. Lol* I keep reading that you can see the fireworks from Epcot's Illuminations in the Martinique rooms...is this true? What kind of view can you expect to have from those rooms? Also, we have a standard room booked, can I ask when we arrive for a room in one of the Martinique buildings you suggested above where we might see these fireworks in the evening?

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #3694
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post
I started a thread with this question but maybe I can get a better answer here, you sound like you know what's happenin'!!

We are staying for the first time at CBR (first time in Disney ever too!) and I've really never stayed at anything other than a Howard Johnson's. Lol* I keep reading that you can see the fireworks from Epcot's Illuminations in the Martinique rooms...is this true? What kind of view can you expect to have from those rooms? Also, we have a standard room booked, can I ask when we arrive for a room in one of the Martinique buildings you suggested above where we might see these fireworks in the evening?

Thanks!
I just replied to your other thread. I'll put it here too so others can find/use it.

Quote:
There is a $25 per night price difference for preferred over standard.

No charge to make a request. Just remember it is only a request.

The preferred locations are all of Trinidad North and Martinique 24, 25, 26. If you don't want to pay for preferred, there are pleny of locations that are not preferred but are under 5 minutes to OPR and the Main Pool. Those are Martinique 21, 22, 23, Aruba 51 and Jamaica 45.

I have never stayed in Martinique, but I can't imagine there being a good view of Illuminations from your room. There may be a few rooms in the Waterview category that could get a view. But it's $25 per night more for a Waterview. We love to watch Illuminations from the beach at Tinidad North, the beach at Martinique or the bridge.

Here's a map if you haven't seen one yet.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

We love the Jamaica 45 location,.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #3695
bertoldo1269
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Word is they will start changing out the doubles to queens in 2013. No idea when exactly or if it's true. Heard here on the DIS from multiple people who have returned from CBR in the past couples months that the CMs at CBR are saying that will happen.
Please, please, please be true by May
Old 09-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #3696
Dwheels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter

Thanks!
You should make the request now before you go not when you get there.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #3697
DisneyFanSherry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes it does. DS had it every morning with his breakfast. You will see the hot chocolate packets near the tea bags.
62 days until we are there! Can't wait!
Sherry
Old 09-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #3698
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

I've read that you can get a water view room if you've booked a king view room? Anyone know where these water view, king rooms are?

If I was misinformed, anyone know where any of the king rooms are?
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
Old 09-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #3699
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
I've read that you can get a water view room if you've booked a king view room? Anyone know where these water view, king rooms are?

I have never seen a map of where they are located. I do know that they are spread out and there are some in each building. I'm sure there's at least a couple king rooms that will have a water view, but not all. Last trip there was a king bed next door to us and it was not a water view.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #3700
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety

You can't book the combination of a king-size bed room with a water view ... you can book one and then request the other, but you definitely can't guarantee both.

All villages except Trinidad South have some king-size bed rooms; they're not in any pattern, they're sprinkled throughout each village.

Similarly, each village has some water view rooms. At CBR, water view means a view of the lake OR a view of the village quiet pool. Since every village has some lake frontage and a quiet pool, every village has some water view rooms.

So, again, each village (except Trinidad South) will have a few of the rooms you're asking about, but you can't book it exactly that way.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #3701
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter

Thanks!
No, it's not true that a room in Martinique will necessarily give you a view of IllumiNations.

Epcot's World Showcase is roughly across the street and northwest of CBR. Martinique (like most of the the other villages) has six numbered guest room buildings, and each of those buildings is actually comprised of four smaller buildings. Each of those smaller buildings is square and has guest rooms on all four sides. I explain this detail to help you understand why it's not possible that all rooms in any village could all provide the same view of anything.

Choosing a room that has a view of IllumiNations is nearly impossible. It's a room that has an unobstructed view to the northwest this means unobstructed by other buildings, but also unobstructed by trees.

The other problem with the "view" from any room in CBR or WDW's other three Moderate resorts is that the door and windows open to an exterior corridor. This means people are walking by. And if you have your curtains wide open to enjoy the view, then everyone walking by has a good view of you.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #3702
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyfan View Post
That is absolutely ridiculous!!!
I would have lost my cool!
They should have done more to make it easier!!!
What else could they have done? The moved them to first floor when they saw it was a need and not a want. At most resorts if you want to be near the food court you have to pay for that location. They won't just give it for free.

Oh, and at POR (where that poster was) all the preferred buildings do not have elevators. But all the mansion buildings do have them. I just thought of that. Just shows that you really need to research the resort you are thinking about staying at, and know all the ins and outs if you have special needs.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #3703
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

[Thanks for the information about king rooms. I heard that if you pay the extra money for one, you can request the other as well on your reservation, and I believe that is what you are saying too. So thanks for confirming that!

I know that we don't care which building we are in, but that was just looking to see if there was anything specific we should ask for! I know king beds are booked much less so it's hard to know where any of them are..just hoping for a view of the lake, then, or at least just not a parking lot or dumpster, lol :D

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
Old 09-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #3704
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
You can't book the combination of a king-size bed room with a water view ... you can book one and then request the other, but you definitely can't guarantee both.

All villages except Trinidad South have some king-size bed rooms; they're not in any pattern, they're sprinkled throughout each village.

Similarly, each village has some water view rooms. At CBR, water view means a view of the lake OR a view of the village quiet pool. Since every village has some lake frontage and a quiet pool, every village has some water view rooms.

So, again, each village (except Trinidad South) will have a few of the rooms you're asking about, but you can't book it exactly that way.
hmmm, since both are bookable categories, and both cost more, I wonder if you book one and request the other, do you get charged BOTH upcharges? or , by doing this, IF you get your request, you actually get on upgrade for free?

as far as a view of illuminations, while it is no where good enough of a view to substitute for being at epcot, there is a decent view of it from near the outdoor pool bar.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #3705
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy

hmmm, since both are bookable categories, and both cost more, I wonder if you book one and request the other, do you get charged BOTH upcharges? or , by doing this, IF you get your request, you actually get on upgrade for free?

as far as a view of illuminations, while it is no where good enough of a view to substitute for being at epcot, there is a decent view of it from near the outdoor pool bar.
No, you definitely don't pay two upcharges. Disney likes making money but they'll never surprise you with extra charges. If you reserve and pay for a king-size bed room and request water view, and you get that water view room, you will NOT be charged any more than the charge for the king.

It works the same for preferred location. In the six preferred location guest buildings, there surely are some king-size bed rooms with a water view ... that makes THREE separate things that make that room special yet you're only paying for one of them.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: