Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #3631
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeveMom View Post
I know this was posted at the beginning of the thread, but I'm wondering if this is still true... no swimming in the lake? We are staying at CBR in March with FIL and his wife, and they were told by their travel agent that there was lake swimming at the beach - they picked this resort because DS6 LOVES lake swimming. Not a big deal if he can't, because I understand the pools are heated, and we'll likely be at the parks most of the time anyways, but I just wanted to know! Thanks!
Nope, no swimming in any of the WDW lakes - snakes, gators, and amoeba.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #3632
BeveMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Nope, no swimming in any of the WDW lakes - snakes, gators, and amoeba.
In that case, I probably won't even tell him about the beach. He will be excited enough about everything else.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #3633
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeveMom View Post
In that case, I probably won't even tell him about the beach. He will be excited enough about everything else.

There are hammocks and nice white sand on the beach that is fun for the kids, but I definitely wouldn't let them go in the water!! Sometimes I see kids playing near the edge of the water and it makes me nervous!

Have you thought about the pirate cruise at CBR for him? My kids did it when they were 7 & 9 and loved it!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #3634
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are hammocks and nice white sand on the beach that is fun for the kids, but I definitely wouldn't let them go in the water!! Sometimes I see kids playing near the edge of the water and it makes me nervous!

Have you thought about the pirate cruise at CBR for him? My kids did it when they were 7 & 9 and loved it!
Can you tell me more about the cruise
Old 09-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #3635
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Can you tell me more about the cruise

Sure!

From AllEars...

Island of the Caribbean Pirate Adventure - For children ages 4-10 (must be potty trained) -- young adventurers, wearing pirate bandannas, will board a boat to sail the Ports of the Caribbean, just like Captain Jack! They will be told the story of Old Port Royale and of the pirates that used to sail the waters. They will find props and signs leading to treasure. Once they recover the treasure, they will sail to Fort Cay and trade for some grub (lunch). When they return to Old Port Royale, they will unlock the treasure chest and bounty will be shared by all. As of 1/14/07, operates Sundays, as well as Tuesdays from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. $28.17 per child pus tax. Lunch: Peanut Butter and Jelly Uncrustables, Gummy Bears, Gold Fish Treats, and Apple Juice Box. Call 407-WDW-DINE for information on the resort marina at 407-934-2850.

I know this just says Sundays and Tuesdays, but I think it might also be offered on Fridays as well.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #3636
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sure!

From AllEars...

Island of the Caribbean Pirate Adventure - For children ages 4-10 (must be potty trained) -- young adventurers, wearing pirate bandannas, will board a boat to sail the Ports of the Caribbean, just like Captain Jack! They will be told the story of Old Port Royale and of the pirates that used to sail the waters. They will find props and signs leading to treasure. Once they recover the treasure, they will sail to Fort Cay and trade for some grub (lunch). When they return to Old Port Royale, they will unlock the treasure chest and bounty will be shared by all. As of 1/14/07, operates Sundays, as well as Tuesdays from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. $28.17 per child pus tax. Lunch: Peanut Butter and Jelly Uncrustables, Gummy Bears, Gold Fish Treats, and Apple Juice Box. Call 407-WDW-DINE for information on the resort marina at 407-934-2850.

I know this just says Sundays and Tuesdays, but I think it might also be offered on Fridays as well.
This sounds fun. I can not pre book it, don't know if we will have time for it. But I will keep it in mind if we have an opening.
Thanks for the info.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #3637
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
This sounds fun. I can not pre book it, don't know if we will have time for it. But I will keep it in mind if we have an opening.
Thanks for the info.

You're welcome! Have a great trip!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #3638
MSierra123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your first trip to Disney and your stay at the CBR. Did the CM happen to mention when the bed conversion was set to begin? We were told back in May that they would be changing over but they didn't have any idea when.
The CM said they were doing it in waves. Some buidlings would go before others. He said it was starting in Spring 2013.

Hope that is right!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #3639
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSierra123 View Post
The CM said they were doing it in waves. Some buidlings would go before others. He said it was starting in Spring 2013.

Hope that is right!
Thanks for the info. We will be back at the CBR May 22nd to June 1st. Maybe the bed change-over will be complete by then.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #3640
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

I realize this is always a hit or miss situation but, is CBR usually pretty good about room requests? We booked a Water View room and I've done my online check in requesting a ground floor room in Trinidad North. I won't be crushed if we don't get it. Just curious.
I haven't stayed at CBR since 2005 and I'm so excited to stay there next week! Thanks!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #3641
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming View Post
I realize this is always a hit or miss situation but, is CBR usually pretty good about room requests? We booked a Water View room and I've done my online check in requesting a ground floor room in Trinidad North. I won't be crushed if we don't get it. Just curious.
I haven't stayed at CBR since 2005 and I'm so excited to stay there next week! Thanks!
I don't think your chances are very good because all of Trinidad North is preferred. So granting your request would actually be giving you a free upgrade. But you can always hope for some pixie dust!

If you want to make a request to be close to OPR in a standard location you can ask for

Martinique 21, 22, 23
Jamaica 45
Aruba 51

All of those are the closed standard locations.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #3642
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I don't think your chances are very good because all of Trinidad North is preferred. So granting your request would actually be giving you a free upgrade. But you can always hope for some pixie dust!

If you want to make a request to be close to OPR in a standard location you can ask for

Martinique 21, 22, 23
Jamaica 45
Aruba 51

All of those are the closed standard locations.
Thank you! Trinidad North and Martinique were both options on the online check in room request so, I just clicked on Trinidad not knowing it was preferred. I'm sure wherever we are will be wonderful.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #3643
Magnetgirl25
Earning My Ears

I wanted to thank everyone that has posted on this thread. We made our reservations last fall. We really wanted to stay in a pirate room at the Carribbean Beach. We thought that our two boys would LOVE that room. After reading many negative reviews I thought that maybe we had made a mistake. After reading this forum I am so excited for our trip to the Carribbean Beach. This is our first moderate resort last time we stayed at Pop Century and really did not care for all the noise!!! It is good to hear the good rather then all the bad! Thanks again!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #3644
Dwheels
Mouseketeer

Love CBR haven't styled there since 1999!!! We got engaged there that year! I am super excited to be returning there in aug 2013!!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #3645
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetgirl25 View Post
I wanted to thank everyone that has posted on this thread. We made our reservations last fall. We really wanted to stay in a pirate room at the Carribbean Beach. We thought that our two boys would LOVE that room. After reading many negative reviews I thought that maybe we had made a mistake. After reading this forum I am so excited for our trip to the Carribbean Beach. This is our first moderate resort last time we stayed at Pop Century and really did not care for all the noise!!! It is good to hear the good rather then all the bad! Thanks again!
I think you made a wonderful resort choice. The pirate rooms are some of the furthest from Old Port Royale but the walk really isn't that bad. I made the walk over to take a look around and my walk back to OPR was around 7 minutes. Not bad at all.

The CBR is so quiet and peaceful and it's a great place to relax after leaving the hectic parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwheels View Post
Love CBR haven't styled there since 1999!!! We got engaged there that year! I am super excited to be returning there in aug 2013!!
Wow! The CBR holds some great memories for you!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: