Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #3616
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysMommy View Post
We leave tomorrow and I'm excited but I just got news my aunt passed away after a long battle with 2 different types of cancer. Took the happiness of the trip away as we were very close

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards
Sorry to hear about your aunt.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #3617
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Sorry to hear about your aunt.
Thank you so much

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #3618
vankalker
Earning My Ears

Pirate rooms

Are the pirate rooms on both the first and second floors of Trinidad South? Getting nervous about all the strollers and no elevators.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #3619
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankalker View Post
Are the pirate rooms on both the first and second floors of Trinidad South? Getting nervous about all the strollers and no elevators.
Yes.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #3620
Harmony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankalker
I'd request a first floor room.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #3621
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Food courts

I've been skimming this thread to get info regarding the CBR refurb a few years back, because I have not stayed there since then. It seems a lot of people are concered about the food court.... I have to say, I have stayed at every value and all the mods except POFQ. To me, they are all the same in variety and quality. In fact, much of it is the same stuff. However.... I took the competitive pom squad I coached for Disney for competition for 10 straight years (I "retired" three years ago - yay!) and we were always offered the All Stars or CBR. I remember distinctly that once the CM booking us tried to sell me on the All Stars by saying the food court had more to offer since Value guests tend to eat in the home resort food court more often. I am sure Disney does more than their fair share of market research, but that just doesn't seem to be the case to me. But what do I know??

At any rate, CBR is my favorite mod to stay in when I"m on vacation with my family, and the food court is as good any out there.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #3622
smidgy
dimples

we always thought the values had better food courts than the moderates. and, unfortunately, of all the moderates, we think CBR has the worst food court.

but we are stil excited to be there in dec!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #3623
Laurali
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy
we always thought the values had better food courts than the moderates. and, unfortunately, of all the moderates, we think CBR has the worst food court.

We were far happier with the food court at CBR than at AS Sports. Perhaps it is strictly personal taste!

Old 09-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #3624
Harmony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy

It truly is personal taste. My kids prefer the AS food courts to most any other food court on site. They crave the "number 3" at AS Movie resort. (pasta with chicken)

They were truly disappointed that AKL and CBR did not have a similar dish. . DH and I, however, were pleased with the food court options.

Last edited by Harmony; 09-06-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #3625
MSierra123
Earning My Ears

We just got back from 7 days at CBR and we absolutely loved it!!!! I was a little nervous after reading all the reviews about CBR, but I was extremely happy. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. I wish we had more time to just relax and enjoy the resort. The staff was so friendly and willing to go the extra step. The kids loved the pool and the pool games. The food court was fine and we loved the cuban sandwiches. The only complain I have is the size of the beds, but that should not be an issue going forward as a CM confirmed that they were upgrading the beds to queen. My family loved CBR and we plan on staying there again. Let me know if anyone has any questions. This was also our first time to Disney.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #3626
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSierra123 View Post
We just got back from 7 days at CBR and we absolutely loved it!!!! I was a little nervous after reading all the reviews about CBR, but I was extremely happy. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. I wish we had more time to just relax and enjoy the resort. The staff was so friendly and willing to go the extra step. The kids loved the pool and the pool games. The food court was fine and we loved the cuban sandwiches. The only complain I have is the size of the beds, but that should not be an issue going forward as a CM confirmed that they were upgrading the beds to queen. My family loved CBR and we plan on staying there again. Let me know if anyone has any questions. This was also our first time to Disney.
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your first trip to Disney and your stay at the CBR. Did the CM happen to mention when the bed conversion was set to begin? We were told back in May that they would be changing over but they didn't have any idea when.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #3627
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

We are thinking of staying at CBR in a prate room October 2013. My DS6 LOVES all things pirates! He saw pictures of the room and keeps asking if we can please stay at the pirate resort next trip. Any tips on ths resort with a 6 year old? It looks rather large but I really want to make him happy. We stayed at POP this year and it was not my cup of tea, hoping CBR suits me more.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #3628
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Looking forward to my CBR stay in seven days. Loved the resort the first time I stayed there, and this will be my third time.

Can't wait to find that hammock with my name on it.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #3629
Harmony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny_lynn
We are thinking of staying at CBR in a prate room October 2013. My DS6 LOVES all things pirates! He saw pictures of the room and keeps asking if we can please stay at the pirate resort next trip. Any tips on ths resort with a 6 year old? It looks rather large but I really want to make him happy. We stayed at POP this year and it was not my cup of tea, hoping CBR suits me more.
Sounds like my kiddo! That's the only reason we stayed at CBR...the pirate rooms!

As of right now, the pirate rooms are the farthest from OPR, so just be aware of that. And yes, it is a big resort. You are visiting during a non-peak month so hopefully the bus waits won't be as long for you as they were for us.

Still, the pirate rooms are worth a stay. They are super cute. Just today he started reading the Magic Tree House's Pirates Before Noon and I had to buy him the non-fiction companion, "Pirates."

We've stayed at POP and they were "meh." Nothing spectacular nor special so I get what you are saying. I hope your son enjoys the pirate room at CBR but there are definitely a few things you have to know about the resort before you go. I posted a small review upthread. Luckily, others had a more positive experience than I did but if you keep reading, you'll see I wasn't the only one that experienced a less than stellar stay at CBR.

Given our negative experience, our family won't be staying at CBR any longer, however, staying at a pirate room is worth to do at least once!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #3630
BeveMom
Mouseketeer

lake

I know this was posted at the beginning of the thread, but I'm wondering if this is still true... no swimming in the lake? We are staying at CBR in March with FIL and his wife, and they were told by their travel agent that there was lake swimming at the beach - they picked this resort because DS6 LOVES lake swimming. Not a big deal if he can't, because I understand the pools are heated, and we'll likely be at the parks most of the time anyways, but I just wanted to know! Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: