Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #346
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

We are finally to our 10 day mark! I am planning on calling to make a room request today. Hopefully, they will now have my reservation since we booked through Travelocity. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to my question.

Does anyone know if the distance from the standard Martinique rooms to OPR would be the same as the distance from Jamaica 45 or 46 to OPR? These are the areas I would like to stay. It might be silly, but I'm basing it on building color. My husband and I stayed in the pink Aruba buildings in 2001 and I just don't want to stay in those again.

CBR - Sept 2001, offsite - May 2008 , CBR/AKL - Aug 2010, CSR/CBR - Aug 2011, CSR - Oct 2012, YC - Aug 2014

Old 08-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #347
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraBara View Post
We are finally to our 10 day mark! I am planning on calling to make a room request today. Hopefully, they will now have my reservation since we booked through Travelocity. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to my question.

Does anyone know if the distance from the standard Martinique rooms to OPR would be the same as the distance from Jamaica 45 or 46 to OPR? These are the areas I would like to stay. It might be silly, but I'm basing it on building color. My husband and I stayed in the pink Aruba buildings in 2001 and I just don't want to stay in those again.
I don't now the answer to your question, but I don't think it's silly. When we changed our ressie to free dining I switched our request to Jamaica 44,45, Martinique 22, and Barbados 15. I had requested Aruba 51, but just couldn't handle the purple/pink buildings.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #348
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Pool Slide Height

Hi! I am new to this thread. We are staying at CBR in January in a pirate room for marathon weekend. I know that it might be cold (like last year) but it could be warm enough to swim (hopefully at least one or two days) and I was wondering if there is a height restriction on the big slide at the main pool. DS loves slides but can't use the big pool here at our community pool and it would be cool if he could use it for our trip.
Thanks so much for this thread, you have answered so many of my questions already!

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #349
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes - the standard Martinique buildings are about the same distance as Jamaica 45/46 are to OPR. Less than 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bephus View Post
Hi! I am new to this thread. We are staying at CBR in January in a pirate room for marathon weekend. I know that it might be cold (like last year) but it could be warm enough to swim (hopefully at least one or two days) and I was wondering if there is a height restriction on the big slide at the main pool. DS loves slides but can't use the big pool here at our community pool and it would be cool if he could use it for our trip.
Thanks so much for this thread, you have answered so many of my questions already!
I don't remember there being any height restrictions on the slides.

We were there in January 2009 and were able to swim! Hope you can too!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #350
Scubee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No height restriction on the largest slide in the main pool. I went down it a few times and noted some big dudes going down as well.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #351
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:

They'll probably tell you to call back tomorrow. That's what happened to me yesterday. They said the 10 days includes the day you are calling. So I'm arriving on the 27th and I figured that the 17th would be the 10th day, but no. I have to call today, and hopefully, they will have my info (I booked thru Southwest Vacations) and I can add my request(s).
Old 08-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #352
babyrich
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"

We are staying at CBR for the first time this October. I've scanned the thread but dont see anything about a gym at CBR. Is there a gym? a spa?

Also, my DH and I do not need a preferred location, we would rather be away from the crowds in a more quiet building, should I request a certain location before I arrive?

Thank you

Old 08-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #353
Jules2008
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We just got back from CBR. My youngest son just turned 5 and still wears a life jacket in the water. There were no signs with height restrictions and they are allowed to wear life jackets down the slide.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #354
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrich View Post
We are staying at CBR for the first time this October. I've scanned the thread but dont see anything about a gym at CBR. Is there a gym? a spa?

Also, my DH and I do not need a preferred location, we would rather be away from the crowds in a more quiet building, should I request a certain location before I arrive?

Thank you
No gym or spa at the CBR.

If you don't care about not being in a preferred location, then I would suggest you ask for Jamaica Bldg. 41. We have stayed in that building twice and it was always quiet and relaxing. Our walk to Old Port Royale was about 5 minutes.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #355
babyrich
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
No gym or spa at the CBR.

If you don't care about not being in a preferred location, then I would suggest you ask for Jamaica Bldg. 41. We have stayed in that building twice and it was always quiet and relaxing. Our walk to Old Port Royale was about 5 minutes.
Thanks for the info and suggestion!!!!

Old 08-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #356
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrich View Post
Thanks for the info and suggestion!!!!
You're welcome!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #357
goofyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfordisney View Post
I've been reading all of the info on this thread...Thanks to everyone for all of the great info!

I have a couple of questions...

Where can you fill up the resort mugs?

Is there only one hot tub?

Which quiet pool is the nicest - most relaxing?

Do they have resort music playing all over the resort?

TIA!
Can anyone answer some of my questions?
TIA!

me , DH , DS (20) , DS (25)
Old 08-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #358
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfordisney View Post
Can anyone answer some of my questions?
TIA!
You can get refills on the resort mugs in the food court at Old Port Royale. I believe the hours are 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.

There are two hot tubs located near the main pool.

We've swam in both the Martinique and Jamaica quiet pools. The Jamaica pool seemed to be less busy.

I remember there being music piped in on the island and around Old Port Royale but I don't remember it anywhere else.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #359
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
They'll probably tell you to call back tomorrow. That's what happened to me yesterday. They said the 10 days includes the day you are calling. So I'm arriving on the 27th and I figured that the 17th would be the 10th day, but no. I have to call today, and hopefully, they will have my info (I booked thru Southwest Vacations) and I can add my request(s).
You were right! I called the resort line and she wasn't able to pull up my reservation. She said when you book through an outside agent they sometimes can't pull up the reservation until 3 days before. She said that all the reservations get downloaded to the resort's system, and that just hasn't happened yet for my reservation. Ugh! So disappointed!

CBR - Sept 2001, offsite - May 2008 , CBR/AKL - Aug 2010, CSR/CBR - Aug 2011, CSR - Oct 2012, YC - Aug 2014

Old 08-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #360
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
You were right! I called the resort line and she wasn't able to pull up my reservation. She said when you book through an outside agent they sometimes can't pull up the reservation until 3 days before. She said that all the reservations get downloaded to the resort's system, and that just hasn't happened yet for my reservation. Ugh! So disappointed!

When I called today, they had my reservation/info in their system. So hopefully, you'll be able to do it tomorrow without a problem.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: