Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #3511
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Have a happy time!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #3512
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

We just booked this resort for Oct 31-Nov 4

We booked a King room and I was wondering if anyone knew where the location of those rooms are, or if they are scattered. Any chance we'll be in one of the buildings near Old Port Royale?
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #3513
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
We just booked this resort for Oct 31-Nov 4

We booked a King room and I was wondering if anyone knew where the location of those rooms are, or if they are scattered. Any chance we'll be in one of the buildings near Old Port Royale?
Congrats! They are scattered all over the resort. If you didn't book preferred Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22 and 23 are all close to OPR.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #3514
snowcupid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise cruise cruise View Post
I have never mailed packages home. But have you concidered folding up a duffe into your one suitcase and using that to get the itmes you buy home? I doubt the $25 you spend to check it on the plane will be much more than the price to mail your items home.
This is a great idea! Last time we went we were there five days and four of us shared one big suitcase. And each person brought a bag as a carryon. We left enough room for souveniers... this time there will only be three of us so I think we will be okay... but just in case I might do this.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #3515
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Congrats! They are scattered all over the resort. If you didn't book preferred Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22 and 23 are all close to OPR.
There isn't a King Preferred option, otherwise I would have gone for it! I know requesting room locations is such a hit and miss too. Thanks for the options of other nearby buildings, though!

Since we'll have a rental car, which building is the easiest, parking wise, to get in and out of the resort? On the map it looks so big that I'm sure a couple of the buildings require less driving. KWIM?

FWIW, when we stayed at OKW the first time, my in-laws checked in and it was also our first on-site stay (so i didn't know any better to request, etc). We got put way way way back, and felt like no one else was around us. We were so far from the main building that we drove there - and we love to walk. Plus, driving in and out was a pain too - felt like it took 5 minutes just to get to the entrance. Haha. Very minor problem, but still something I like to avoid now that I know!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
Old 08-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #3516
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcupid View Post
This is a great idea! Last time we went we were there five days and four of us shared one big suitcase. And each person brought a bag as a carryon. We left enough room for souveniers... this time there will only be three of us so I think we will be okay... but just in case I might do this.
Most resorts sell duffle bags in their gift shops, for those times where we buy more than we think we will. That is an option too, if you don't have the extra room to bring one along.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #3517
imktdqt810
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the idea of the duffle bag....GREAT THINKING!!!!
I'm not sure we would buy one there...but also a great suggestion incase I forget to pack one and we are in a pinch. We are down to 14 days tomorrow...I kept playing the "two weeks today game" in my mind since in two weeks I took today off (while DS is in school) to pack and get everything together. I've never done it before but it is also the first time DH & DS are flying...so I need my head in the game for this trip!!

(Me- 40) (DH-38) (DS-7)
Old 08-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #3518
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicwaves View Post
They are similar to this...
THANK YOU!!!!!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 08-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #3519
Kerpgh
Mouseketeer

Ive been reading multiple reviews....and reading posts on this board...and now Im second guessing my choice...we stayed at Pop Century in 2010 and absolutely loved it!!
Please tell me that I made the right choice in booking CBR for our April trip....please show us the love!!!
I need to hear good stuff before I cancel and rebook at a different resort!

November 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort
May 2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2012 - Disney Dream
April 2010 - Pop Century

Lets Go Pens!!..bring that cup back to Pittsburgh!
Old 08-19-2012, 05:48 AM   #3520
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerpgh View Post
Ive been reading multiple reviews....and reading posts on this board...and now Im second guessing my choice...we stayed at Pop Century in 2010 and absolutely loved it!!
Please tell me that I made the right choice in booking CBR for our April trip....please show us the love!!!
I know what you mean about reading reviews and second guessing yourself! I can tell you from experience that CBR is a fabulous resort! Like you, we've stayed at Pop Century many times and decided to give CBR a try. We're now planning our 3rd stay at CBR and haven't been back to Pop Century since. That's not to say we don't like Pop Century anymore, but we definitely prefer CBR. It's got such a tropical, relaxing feel to it which is a welcomed reprise after the busy parks.

One of the things I love most about CBR is how quiet it seems compared to the value resorts. Even when it's full to capacity, it never seems crowded or loud (with the exception of the food court during peak times). Buildings are 2 stories high, compared to 4 stories at Pop, which contrbutes to the quiet.

The main pool is so much fun for kids but if you want a more low-key experience, you can enjoy the quiet pool at your village. You can rent bikes, boats, and even see some of the Illumination fireworks from the Martinique beach, followed by a stroll around the lake. I can't wait to go back!! I hope this helps alleviate some of your concerns. Have a great trip!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #3521
netnurse31
Some people care too much, I think it's called love. -- Winnie the Pooh

Quote:
My DD and I had a wonderful time at CBR last August. It's a beautiful resort, great pools, food court and CM's. The only reason we chose POR this year was that we wanted to try the new Royal Guest Rooms and wanted the queen beds as my DS is joining us. I'm sure you will enjoy CBR!

Me (48):DS (23) DD(17)
Old 08-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #3522
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Keri, I wouldn't second guess myself if I were you. We first stayed at the CBR 7 years ago and immediately fell in love with the resort. So much so that we have now stayed there 8 times and have our 9th stay already booked.

While we have never stayed at Pop, we did go over and visit for an hour or two to get a "feel" for the resort and to eat in their food court.

We have stayed at the CBR when it was booked to capacity and it certainly didn't feel like it. Yes, the main pool can get crowded during our stays (end of May/first of June) and the food court is a little busy at peak times but not prohibitively so.

We really like the fact that each resort village has their own sitting area, beach, laundry room, quiet pool and bus stop.

I have lots of pictures of the resort and a review of our pre-cruise stay (and more to come for our post-cruise stay) in my trip report. Feel free to click on the link below and have a look around. I'd love to have you over.

If you have any specific CBR questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #3523
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
Since we'll have a rental car, which building is the easiest, parking wise, to get in and out of the resort? On the map it looks so big that I'm sure a couple of the buildings require less driving. KWIM?
Barbados is the village closest to the main entrance.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #3524
Kerpgh
Mouseketeer

Thank you all soooo very much

Im really excited now!!

Joining in mickeystoontown..thank you for the invite

Happy Sunday everyone!

November 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort
May 2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2012 - Disney Dream
April 2010 - Pop Century

Lets Go Pens!!..bring that cup back to Pittsburgh!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #3525
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't second guess yourself..... CBR is an absolutely beautiful resort! I don't know who all these people are who like to give it bad reviews, lol. I am as picky as a person can be and I didn't have a single complaint!! If being far from the food court/main pool is a huge issue for you (or anyone) -- then splurge and pay the extra $15-$20/nt. for Preferred to guarantee you'll be close. OR put in a request for the closest non-preferred building and when you get there, if they aren't able to grant your request, you can dish out the $$ then and there for Preferred (assuming it's not sold out). As for bus complaints, you'll see complaints about that for each and every resort. We never had a single problem with long waits for busses. ONCE we waited like 15 minutes (we must have *just* missed the bus), but every other time a bus came within 5 minutes of us getting to the stop.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: