Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #331
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess&CowboyMommy View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before now...I tried to do a search and I've read a lot of this thread (and the old ones) and I've actually stayed at CBR this past November...

that all beings said, lol, I cannot recall the height and/or age restriction on the little themed pool???

Both of my kids easily were under this past November - I think there is a height limit, not age, but I can't remember how close to the limit that my DD was. She's very tiny for her age - more like the size of a large 6, small 7 year-old. For some reason, I'm kinda recalling that she had about 3-5 inches to grow, but if it was just 3 inches, then she could easily grow that in a year.

Anyone know, or can guess within an inch, the "limit?"

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
There wasn't a sign with the height restrictions on it when we were there last - Jan 2009. But since then I know someone has posted a picture of the sign and I was thinking it says 48", but I'm not sure. My oldest was over that the last time we were there and no one said anything to him. So I don't think they watch it too closely. But maybe they do during more crowded seasons. We were there in the winter and it wasn't crowded at all. I think they watch more for bigger kids being unruly and things like that. For the safety of the smaller ones. There were only about 10 kids in it when we were there and some of them were actually taller than him.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #332
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

How in the heck am I going to get my luggage up the stairs w/o any elevators lol? We have a lot! We aren't taking ME, we are driving.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #333
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Anyone know what the hours are for the food court?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #334
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
How in the heck am I going to get my luggage up the stairs w/o any elevators lol? We have a lot! We aren't taking ME, we are driving.
I am sure you'll manage. Once we get to the resort, we are full of energy! And, there's a little landing midway up the stairs so you can catch your breath.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #335
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
Anyone know what the hours are for the food court?
As posted on allearsnet:

Old Port Royale features the Market Street food court, open from 6 am to midnight, with more limited hours for some of the counters. Breakfast selections include bagels, fresh fruit, Mickey waffles, eggs, and breakfast meats. Lunch and dinner selections include burgers, pizza, pasta, deli sandwiches, salads, and desserts.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #336
Scubee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
There wasn't a sign with the height restrictions on it when we were there last - Jan 2009. But since then I know someone has posted a picture of the sign and I was thinking it says 48", but I'm not sure. My oldest was over that the last time we were there and no one said anything to him. So I don't think they watch it too closely. But maybe they do during more crowded seasons. We were there in the winter and it wasn't crowded at all. I think they watch more for bigger kids being unruly and things like that. For the safety of the smaller ones. There were only about 10 kids in it when we were there and some of them were actually taller than him.
48" is correct. During our May trip, I noticed them running the older kids out of there on a regular basis. My DS7 was 49" and they never said anything to him. Any kid that was obviously too old was ushered out though. They mentioned that a little one had been hurt in the preceding days so I'm sure that had something to do with it.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #337
Scubee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bell services are offered at the Custom House. It's normally used when you check in before your room is ready, but you can certainly ask if they would deliver them for you.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #338
goofyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
We've yet to stay at CBR (but that is now planned for '11), however I can say that CSR can be quite a walk depending on where you end up. DH & I were there many years ago & about as far out as you could get. A good 5 - 10 minute walk from the room to anything.

Have you ever stayed at Riverside? Last time we were there we were stuck way out in the Bayou section & it seemed like such a long walk to the main building. I hate the long walks to the main building for breakfast every morning.

I can't answer all your questions, but can help w/a few.

ME is run based on volume. Once they get a full enough bus or the replacement bus shows up they head out. We've been lucky enough to walk on the bus & have it pull out and other times we've had it sit for 20 -30 minutes until we left. I don't know that there is a fixed route(s) for drop off & pick up either. I think they plan it each day based on what they know demand that day will be. That said they are practicle about which resorts they pair up.

When you get to the resort if there is a room ready they may give it to you. Just depends on if it is available, cleaned & ready. If it isn't you can check your bags w/bell services & start your day. I assume CBR has a large bathroom/pool area like other resorts where you can change or freshen up if you need to. And if bell services does take your bags sometimes you can arrange for them to deliver them to your room if you are headed to the parks for the rest of the day.

Last time we were there Delta was participating in the ME bag checkin (I assmue that is what RAC stands for?). It was a bit of a wait in the lobby to check in & drop off the bags, so just allow yourself plenty of time for that. And if you call down you can arrange for bell services to pick up your bags & bring them over there for you.
thanks for answering some of my questions!

me , DH , DS (20) , DS (25)
Old 08-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #339
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubee View Post
Bell services are offered at the Custom House. It's normally used when you check in before your room is ready, but you can certainly ask if they would deliver them for you.
O they are? GREAT! I thought they didn't have bellhops @ the mods, thanks!

Old 08-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #340
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
As posted on allearsnet:

Old Port Royale features the Market Street food court, open from 6 am to midnight, with more limited hours for some of the counters. Breakfast selections include bagels, fresh fruit, Mickey waffles, eggs, and breakfast meats. Lunch and dinner selections include burgers, pizza, pasta, deli sandwiches, salads, and desserts.

Thanks...not sure how I missed that. I just went back and was checking Allears and then started reading some of the recent reveiws and one of them actually mentioned that they were closing at 11pm. Maybe that was just for pizza and burgers, etc and you can still get bevereages/mug refills and snacks until 11pm.

Last edited by mcd2745; 08-17-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #341
Scubee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't recall if they have bellhops immediately available, but if you check in before your room is ready then you can leave your luggage there and call for it later. So the mechanism is there, but there may not be anyone immediately available.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #342
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:

I hope they have them or my husband will be so disappointed! We have used them in the past at the value resorts and my husband has become acustomed to them. He doesn't care one bit to tip them. Heck last year when we were checking out the bellhop helped back everything in the car. Gotta love Disney!
Old 08-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #343
debf
Mouseketeer

Do you think the preferred rooms at CBR are worth the extra money? I'm trying to decide if I want to book preferred, water view, or just stick with regular booking.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #344
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Just to confirm, I called to make our room request this afternoon and the CM I spoke with said they do have a bellhop service.
So excited! We leave tomorrow and will get to Disney Fri. morning

Old 08-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #345
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debf View Post
Do you think the preferred rooms at CBR are worth the extra money? I'm trying to decide if I want to book preferred, water view, or just stick with regular booking.
We do, but we like being close to the action at the pool, pool bar and OPR! We don't bother with Water view, because you could wind up at any location.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: