Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #316
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustandEeyore View Post
Yup they are nemo or pirate and have fridges!
Glad to see you were able to get a discount finally Nicki as I know you were waiting awhile for AP Rates!
Thanks!! Yes I finally scored the discount and was able to get exactly what Todd wanted...he loves CBR and it has been so long since we have been there...cannot wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
We enjoyed being in Jamaica 41. It was one of the furthest buildings in the village but it was super quiet. And, it's close to the parking lot so you won't have to walk far to get to your car.

All of the rooms have been redone and have either a Nemo theme or a pirate theme (which you have to pay extra for). I do believe that they all have the new flat screen t.v. and, yes, they do have fridges in the rooms.
This is great news! I really love Nemo, cannot wait to get there! Flat screen tv's are awesome, so glad they have them and a fridge is a must!

I think I will request Jamaica 41, I like the idea of quiet, love that my car is super close. Do they have a pool too? I think they....I bet it is never used, I hope it isnt anyways
Old 08-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #317
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Thanks!! Yes I finally scored the discount and was able to get exactly what Todd wanted...he loves CBR and it has been so long since we have been there...cannot wait!

This is great news! I really love Nemo, cannot wait to get there! Flat screen tv's are awesome, so glad they have them and a fridge is a must!

I think I will request Jamaica 41, I like the idea of quiet, love that my car is super close. Do they have a pool too? I think they....I bet it is never used, I hope it isnt anyways
There's a quiet pool in Jamaica. The walk from Bldg. 41 to the quiet pool may have been a minute. Very short walk. It was never really busy when we were there this past May/June (last week of May and first week of June). I think the busiest time there were about a dozen people in the pool.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #318
Cloudless Nights
DIS Veteran

We stayed in Jamaica 41 last time and enjoyed how peaceful it was as well. And yet, it was still close to the pool and the bus stop.

At this time on Wednesday, we'll be there again!
** August 2010 - Caribbean Beach ** January 2011 - Caribbean Beach
** August 2011 - All-Star Sports ** August 2012 - Caribbean Beach
** January 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ** May 2013 - All-Star Music **August 2013 - Pop Century
** August 2014 - Boardwalk Villas/Kidani Village ** January 2015 - Pop Century (NAVC conference)
** June 2015 - Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - Theme Park View!

Old 08-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #319
DisneyQueen1320
Mouseketeer

I'm having a hard time deciding between CBR and CSR. Okay if I book the pirate room, is it a long walk to the pirate water area?

I really like the room, just a little concern about the distance, I won't have a car. This trip just dh and our two boys, 8 and 4.

Please help
Old 08-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #320
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyQueen1320 View Post
I'm having a hard time deciding between CBR and CSR. Okay if I book the pirate room, is it a long walk to the pirate water area?

I really like the room, just a little concern about the distance, I won't have a car. This trip just dh and our two boys, 8 and 4.

Please help
We walked from Trinidad South to OPR in 7 minutes at a leisurely pace. No big deal!

We have stayed at both and would definitely recommend CBR over CSR any day!
Old 08-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #321
DisneyQueen1320
Mouseketeer

Thanks, I'm going to have to choose the pirate rooms, they are so cute. I know my boys will love it, plus free dining
Old 08-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #322
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, I'm going to have to choose the pirate rooms, they are so cute. I know my boys will love it, plus free dining
Just wanted to chime in too. I timed my walk from the pirate themed rooms to Old Port Royale and it took me just 6 1/2 minutes at a leisurely pace. If you think your boys would like the theme, then I'd say go for it!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #323
goNsoon2WDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have been in Jamaica 41 twice and in Martinique 23, all of which are non-preferred buildings. Our walk to Old Port Royale was probably about 5 minutes. Personally, I don't mind the walk so I don't pay for a preferred location. Well, I did once but that's because that was the only room available during our time period.
Thanks for the input. Are you able to see the EPCOT fireworks from either of those buildings?
Old 08-16-2010, 03:28 PM   #324
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goNsoon2WDW View Post
Thanks for the input. Are you able to see the EPCOT fireworks from either of those buildings?
We have watched the fireworks from Old Port Royale and the Martinique beach. Oh and we watched them while standing on the bridge connecting the island to the resort.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #325
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

We did it! We booked 9 nights at CBR today!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #326
disneykris2001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp12831 View Post
We are rope drop and am emh people. What I want to avoid is being located near a bus stop that picks you up and then takes you around the entire resort before departing for the parks. Would like to be by the last stop in the loop (dont care if we're standing). Where is the place I should request?
My DH and I just got back from CBR and Trinidad South was the last stop before we left the resort every day. I must say, however, that we were in Martinique 26 (we used the Old Port Royale stop every day and night) and we got on the bus, it made three more stops and we were off. Wait time at each stop was usually minimal unless they had to load a wheelchair or scooter (which we did not run into).

Hope this helps and enjoy your stay! We did

Kristine Thomas (DH) Nicole 16 (DD) Gabby 13 (DD)
Disney's Contemporary - Dec 1975 Off Site - 1984 Viscount Hotel - April 1986 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Sept 2001 Wilderness Lodge - July 2004 Port Orleans French Quarter - November 2006 Pop Century - November 2007 All Star Movie Resort - October 2009 Caribbean Beach Resort - August 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter - August 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge - March 2012 Day Trip to MK - August 2012
Old 08-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #327
goofyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Question Just changed our reservations from CSR to CBR!

I've been reading all of the info on this thread...Thanks to everyone for all of the great info!

I have a couple of questions...

What have your experiences been with using DME from MCO? We arrive at MCO after a 'red-eye' flight from CA...I'm pretty sure we won't be able to check into our rooms that early, but we just want to get to WDW and the resort and start our vacation!

Is there any schedule for the DME buses, or does it just depend on who arrives at MCO at any given time/day who gets dropped off first?

Another question...regarding RAC. We are flying via Delta. Will we be able to check our bags at CBR on our check-out day? (I hope so!)

Where can you fill up the resort mugs?

Is there only one hot tub?

Which quiet pool is the nicest - most relaxing?

Do they have resort music playing all over the resort?

TIA!

me , DH , DS (20) , DS (25)
Old 08-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #328
Princess&CowboyMommy
Mouseketeer

I apologize if this has been asked before now...I tried to do a search and I've read a lot of this thread (and the old ones) and I've actually stayed at CBR this past November...

that all beings said, lol, I cannot recall the height and/or age restriction on the little themed pool???

Both of my kids easily were under this past November - I think there is a height limit, not age, but I can't remember how close to the limit that my DD was. She's very tiny for her age - more like the size of a large 6, small 7 year-old. For some reason, I'm kinda recalling that she had about 3-5 inches to grow, but if it was just 3 inches, then she could easily grow that in a year.

Anyone know, or can guess within an inch, the "limit?"

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

1991 - off-site; Jan 2000 - Honeymoon with DH at BC, DCL-Wonder, and POFQ; Dec 2006 - BC, OKW; Aug 2007 - SSR, OKW; Nov 2007 - Poly, WLV and SSR; Feb 2008 - BWV, BCV; Dec 2008 - AKV (J), SSR, WLV, FtWC; Nov 2009 (10thAnn) - Pirate CBR, WLV; Dec 2010 POFQ, AKV CL, BCV, Pirate CBR; Nov 2011 OKW, SSR-THV

Old 08-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #329
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm having a hard time deciding between CBR and CSR.
We've yet to stay at CBR (but that is now planned for '11), however I can say that CSR can be quite a walk depending on where you end up. DH & I were there many years ago & about as far out as you could get. A good 5 - 10 minute walk from the room to anything.

Quote:
Just wanted to chime in too. I timed my walk from the pirate themed rooms to Old Port Royale and it took me just 6 1/2 minutes at a leisurely pace.
Have you ever stayed at Riverside? Last time we were there we were stuck way out in the Bayou section & it seemed like such a long walk to the main building. I hate the long walks to the main building for breakfast every morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfordisney View Post
I've been reading all of the info on this thread...Thanks to everyone for all of the great info!

I have a couple of questions...

What have your experiences been with using DME from MCO? We arrive at MCO after a 'red-eye' flight from CA...I'm pretty sure we won't be able to check into our rooms that early, but we just want to get to WDW and the resort and start our vacation!

Is there any schedule for the DME buses, or does it just depend on who arrives at MCO at any given time/day who gets dropped off first?

Another question...regarding RAC. We are flying via Delta. Will we be able to check our bags at CBR on our check-out day? (I hope so!)
I can't answer all your questions, but can help w/a few.

ME is run based on volume. Once they get a full enough bus or the replacement bus shows up they head out. We've been lucky enough to walk on the bus & have it pull out and other times we've had it sit for 20 -30 minutes until we left. I don't know that there is a fixed route(s) for drop off & pick up either. I think they plan it each day based on what they know demand that day will be. That said they are practicle about which resorts they pair up.

When you get to the resort if there is a room ready they may give it to you. Just depends on if it is available, cleaned & ready. If it isn't you can check your bags w/bell services & start your day. I assume CBR has a large bathroom/pool area like other resorts where you can change or freshen up if you need to. And if bell services does take your bags sometimes you can arrange for them to deliver them to your room if you are headed to the parks for the rest of the day.

Last time we were there Delta was participating in the ME bag checkin (I assmue that is what RAC stands for?). It was a bit of a wait in the lobby to check in & drop off the bags, so just allow yourself plenty of time for that. And if you call down you can arrange for bell services to pick up your bags & bring them over there for you.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #330
Cloudless Nights
DIS Veteran

Just a note--the two times we stayed at CBR before, we arrived at around noonish or before and our rooms were already ready. Hope this is the same case tomorrow!

I love this thread! There is so much good information and pictures. I hope to add more once I return. I can't believe I'll be at CBR in less than 24 hours!
** August 2010 - Caribbean Beach ** January 2011 - Caribbean Beach
** August 2011 - All-Star Sports ** August 2012 - Caribbean Beach
** January 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ** May 2013 - All-Star Music **August 2013 - Pop Century
** August 2014 - Boardwalk Villas/Kidani Village ** January 2015 - Pop Century (NAVC conference)
** June 2015 - Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - Theme Park View!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: